• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems all the longest gaps were in the early days.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm actually feeling more confident about Wario being shown this week than I was about Yoshi. Then again I never really bought into Yoshi...

Smash Ball looks cool though. Wonder why he doesn't count WFT and Samus' Final Smashes as being "introduced" though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wonder if he'll start showing Final Smashes on random dates or something. I mean he can announce the item, but wondering what changes some potential Final Smashes would get is what I'm curious about.

The characters I want to most about are:

-Pit: It's obvious that he has a great chance of his Final Smash changing compared to most characters. If it does, good chances for Palutena for sure.
-Sonic: I just want to make sure it's not OP.
-The Links and Zelda/Sheik, and Starfox characters: I want no duplicate Final Smashes this time.
-Bowser: Tbh, he needs a new one, something that defines him well, like an airship armada or something.
-Samus: We just need more info on it so we can be 100% sure bout ZSS coming back.

The Pit one of course, is most important to me, but I do wanna see how the details of the Final Smashes look. I want to be astonished.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Longest gaps to date:

Marth to Rosalina- 40 days
Sonic to Marth- 37 days
Luigi to Peach- 35 days

We're currently sitting at 25 but there's a decent chance for someone this week. Thursday (the 20th) sees the Japanese release of Mario Party Island Tour so there is the potential of Wario or Yoshi to be revealed on that day.
Thank you. Then I guess there IS a pretty good chance for a veteran this week. ^^ However, revealing Yoshi for Mario Party instead of any of his New Island releases would be kinda weird, so I'm going with Wario. One of my faves, so, can't wait~

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I've always hoped he would show off some Final Smashes in the pics, so maybe now that the ball is officially revealed we can expect to see them every so often. Like seeing Fat Mac after Trophies were officially shown.

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing as the Year of Luigi ends tomorrow, what if we finally get another Luigi's nose picture like many have predicted so many times now haha!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Anyone who thinks Bowser's Final Smash is bad doesnt know how to play Bowser. That thing is actually hella good, possibly top 10 in Brawl.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seems all the longest gaps were in the early days.
Oh yeah, it's even more apparent now that the early days were essentially Sakurai's way to stall for time.

New to Overall Pic Ratio for the Month:

June: 0 out of 14 *0%*
July: 5 out of 23 *22%*
August: 7 out of 23 (-1 for "fake" pic of the day) *30%*
September: 6 out of 21 *29%*
October: 4 out of 23 (-1 for "fake" pic of the day) *17%* Wow... no wonder so many people were irritable that month...
November: 10 out of 21 *48%*
December: 12 out of 20 (-1 for "fake" pic of the day) *60%*
January: 11 out of 20 *55%*
February: 11 out of 21 (-1 for "fake" pic of the day) *52%*
March *so far*: 10 out of 11 *91%*

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Did we really get so few information in some of those months?
How did we make it this far really...
This game needs a big info blowout soon. Possibly at E3. Like, modes, characters, a lot of news.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Maybe the pic of the day will be Yoshi and Luigi rubbing noses, to celebrate the end of the Year of Luigi and the start of the Year of Yoshi.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did we really get so few information in some of those months?
How did we make it this far really...
This game needs a big info blowout soon. Possibly at E3. Like, modes, characters, a lot of news.
*goes into old fart mode*

That's because with Brawl we put up with freakishly long periods of time between new info in comparison.

First new stage after initial trailer:

Brawl: 6 months
SSB4: 1 month

First veteran:

First trailer post E3:

SSB4: 4 months

First item:

Brawl: 12 months
SSB4: 2 months

First assist trophy:

Brawl: 14 months
SSB4: 6 months

First newcomer:

Brawl: 15 months

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Brawl Dojo was heavily overstated by alot of people in regards to how much it actually provided, these number only show more of that reality.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
*goes into old fart mode*

That's because with Brawl we put up with freakishly long periods of time between new info in comparison.

First new stage after initial trailer:

First veteran:

First trailer post E3:

SSB4: 4 months

First item:

Brawl: 12 months
SSB4: 2 months

First assist trophy:

Brawl: 14 months

First newcomer:

Brawl: 15 months
Yeah, Brawl's hype build was a complete cluster****, I'm actually certain that 50% of the reason why so many people were disappointed by the ending result was the Dojo. This Sm4sh hype build though, could use a boost, really. I hope at least for E3 it happens.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So today's potd shows the Smash Ball as the main highlight and for anyone who cares it shows Luigi's side special and Kirby's fair. Not sure if either of the two have been shown before. As for final smashes, I'd like to see some as well but odds are we won't see any till around May/June. Please Sakurai prove me wrong.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So today's potd shows the Smash Ball as the main highlight and for anyone who cares it shows Luigi's side special and Kirby's fair. Not sure if either of the two have been shown before. As for final smashes, I'd like to see some as well but odds are we won't see any till around May/June. Please Sakurai prove me wrong.
I think its starting now accually this is considered a hint when he said

Kind of think of it I've never done a day showing character final smashes

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Seeing this pic, I do hope The Green Missile attack gets buffed someone, kinda like in Project M. Even just glowing green when you're going to misfire would be a great buff.

@ Krysco Krysco : it was shown prior in Luigi's reveal in one of his pics, his start up position anyways.

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
For all you saying there'll be less than 40 characters, there was 24 characters revealed at the time of Brawl's launch and it doesn't seen like SSB4 be launched anytime soon. At this rate we'll have at least 43.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
@ Krysco Krysco : it was shown prior in Luigi's reveal in one of his pics, his start up position anyways.
The closest I can find to Luigi's side special is this picture

Either way, there's not much surprise that it's back and now we have a picture of him moving with it

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The closest I can find to Luigi's side special is this picture

Either way, there's not much surprise that it's back and now we have a picture of him moving with it
Yep, that's the picture I was talking about! As I'm pretty sure all his taunts have been confirmed too aside from his up taunt.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Smash Ball looks sweet. I'd like to see some of the other newcomers' final smashes, and Pit's to see if it changed. :rolleyes:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Smash Ball looks sweet. I'd like to see some of the other newcomers' final smashes, and Pit's to see if it changed. :rolleyes:
Personally, I'd love to see Dedede's changed to Masked Dedede, Luigi's to incorporate the Poltergust, Toon Link's to be Wind Waker related, Pit's to be the Sacred Treasures or Great Sacred Treasure, Falco to use the Arwing, Wolf to summon his crew, and Lucario to Mega Evolve.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Personally, I'd love to see Dedede's changed to Masked Dedede, Luigi's to incorporate the Poltergust, Toon Link's to be Wind Waker related, Pit's to be the Sacred Treasures or Great Sacred Treasure, Falco to use the Arwing, Wolf to summon his crew, and Lucario to Mega Evolve.
Toon Link needs something new, but Link needs to keep the Triforce Slash, that **** was badass.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The taunt where he kicks has been confirmed along with it's meteoring capabilities, his up taunt has been shown in I believe 3 instances: once where he has his hands on his face, another where he points to the left (the one shown by andalsoandy) and another where his finger is under his nose. So the only taunt missing is the one where he balances on his stomach and even that one might have been shown. Plus the face he makes in the picture I showed doesn't appear to be the face he makes when hit so yeah, I guess that is the start up to his side special. Dah well, no matter to me. The only game I've been able to use Luigi is smash 64 and that's just because he was a Mario clone back then.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm looking forward to this week now that I'm not staying up for them. It's actually kind of a lot cooler in my opinion to knock out whilst speculating in my own brain and then waking up to... whatever. This might've sucked back when a higher percentage of pics were throw-away pics, but I think I'll be digging it now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The taunt where he kicks has been confirmed along with it's meteoring capabilities, his up taunt has been shown in I believe 3 instances: once where he has his hands on his face, another where he points to the left (the one shown by andalsoandy) and another where his finger is under his nose. So the only taunt missing is the one where he balances on his stomach and even that one might have been shown. Plus the face he makes in the picture I showed doesn't appear to be the face he makes when hit so yeah, I guess that is the start up to his side special. Dah well, no matter to me. The only game I've been able to use Luigi is smash 64 and that's just because he was a Mario clone back then.
The start-up frame of the taunt where he balances on his stomach is actually his pose in his official render, so I'm fairly sure it's back.

gamer8

Smash Lord
If at least the clone final smashes are gone I'd be happy. They could definitely think of something unique, I know it. The only veteran FS we know of is Samus' and most likely ZSS final smash going back to the Power Suit so there's a possibility some will be different. I've seen some people post about two final smashes, which would definitely be nice but I doubt it would happen.

Today's picture really gets me excited to hopefully see some final smashes in the near future, and we could finally see Zero Suit Samus any time now as someone said which is great news to me.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The start-up frame of the taunt where he balances on his stomach is actually his pose in his official render, so I'm fairly sure it's back.
True although he does the same thing during one of his victory poses so it might not return. I don't see any reason for it not to but who knows.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I wonder if he'll start showing Final Smashes on random dates or something. I mean he can announce the item, but wondering what changes some potential Final Smashes would get is what I'm curious about.

The characters I want to most about are:
-Bowser: Tbh, he needs a new one, something that defines him well, like an airship armada or something.
I know that Bowser has been on a Less Savage, More Human trajectory, but it seems kind of excessive to get rid of Giga, who was really the True Final Boss of Melee.

It's not like Bowser doesn't often undergo some terrible transformation at the end of most games that is in line with the theme of the game.

Dream Team has Dreamy Bowser

Cat Bells: The Game SM3DW had Kitty Bowser.

It only seems natural that an item that is meant to unleash either an ultimate attack or a true form or Shonen's Legal Team:sonic: would result in Bowser x 1,000,000,000.

Plus I want to see Giga Mac vs Giga Bowser.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon will be revealed to coincide with the announcement of F-Zero: The Movie.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Dedede can keep his Final Smash. Fits him perfectly.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think its starting now accually this is considered a hint when he said

Kind of think of it I've never done a day showing character final smashes sakurai saids

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Daylight savings time ruined my night.

I was gonna stay up for the PotD but didn't realize the time change happened and ended up staying up an hour later than I was supposed to.

It significantly affected my day at school.

Ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom