• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Luigi "player" chooses a EXCELENT move to catch the smash ball...
I will admit that the picture was not taken by a true gaming moment, or someone in the world is really bad at Luiging.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Technically, he did. We saw the Zero Laser in the very first trailer.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
Snake is the only cut i'm expecting at this point. I do have a couple more characters i'm concerned about though

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As for the cut characters and roster size, I think it's starting to look like Sakurai is indeed trying to bring back everyone from Brawl. Seeing Toon Link and Lucario, ones which were thought to be cut among the firsts, return is a good sign.
To be honest, I really feel people overstate those two's chances of removal. Lucario really had no reason to go, he is easily one of the most popular Pokémon in general and advertisement-wise the character has been appearing constantly since B2W2. The only lull period for him was BW, and that can be argued to be because BW focused exclusively on its Pokémon. So really, GF wasn't letting him go and the fans are still receptive to the character so from any standpoint he had little reason to be cut.

Toon Link is a clone, but consider that Sakurai himself said that he deems having an older and younger Link important. He could've easily considered Toon Link to be of higher priority then other characters, particularly since his style is still prevalent in the series.

All in all, I think we're getting to comfortable on the idea of no cuts. I don't think we'll get a slew of them and hopefully we get none of them, but we shouldn't assume that just because characters that we ourselves considered to be likely cuts that it means that every character is going to come back.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I like that Luigi looks like he's accepting the fact that Kirby's probably about to turn him into a stew.

Last edited:

JosukeM

Smash Rookie
Finally, I was wondering when we'd get to these. Can't wait to see newcomers' final smashes as well as revamped veteran ones. Many like Mario, DK, Link...Toon Link...had very underwhelming final smashes.
And the way he said that. It'd take over a month, huh? Well might as well get started! Hope we see at least one this week!
I actually like Mario & Link's FS, they suit them and they look really cool.
So, Landmaster Ball is oficially confirmed, I agree some veterans could use revamped/better FS's and I was thinking about the following:
MARIO: Is fine as it is
LINK: Fine
PIT: If Palutena is really in, the biggest weapon Uprising has to offer (forgot the name :( )
BOWSER: I'm not a Giga Bowser fan, so, I would like to see him using his Clown Balloon and flying around the stage throwing bombs
PIKACHU: Fine as it is
SAMUS: Already seen it
WII FIT TRAINER: Already seen it (and is actualy pretty cool)
LITTLE MAC: Already seen it
SONIC: Fine as it is
KIRBY: The Super Sword from Return to Dreamland
DONKEY KONG: The finishing barrage of punches he gives to the Tikis in DKCR (I hope he still does that in TF)
ZELDA: Fine as it is
PEACH: Her cat costume from Mario 3D World and going ... catty
LUIGI: Poltergust 3000 hands down
DIDDY KONG: Fine as it is ... I guess
KING DEDEDE: If he could get more coverage in his actual FS, it would be great
FOX: If Falco returns, I hope they give the Landmaster to Fox and an Arwing to Falco, if Wolf returns, he could call the Star Wolf team to attack
VILLAGER: The bee thing sounds fine
TOON LINK: USE THE DAMN WINDWAKER TO SUMMON A HURRICANE >:( !
MARTH: Fine as it is
MEGA MAN: The Super Armor he uses in Mega Man 7
ROSALINA & LUMA: The ... big ... pink Luma that eats a lot
LUCARIO: MegaLucarioMon
OLIMAR: Fine as it is

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
a good update and it think most people looking too much into month comment i think most people think at least 40 characters.

Ahh, looks like most folks have given up on staying awake all night for these updates. Understandable, but this one was good! I appreciated Sakurai's tease of the roster size, though it ultimately tells us nothing.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Reminder of forum maintenance in ~5 minutes. This is the main place it's gonna affect

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh wait, we're missing the compulsory comment: Pyrosphere, purple on Smash Ball, Ridley confirmed!

Last edited:
Hm, come to think of it... There are actually only about 20 posts in a month. For him to say "over a month of posts" rather than "two months of posts" leads me to believe there are fewer than 40 characters, or at least fewer than 40 unique Final Smashes. Or maybe I'm splitting hairs!

Edit: Sorry if it seems like I just parroted a post from a few up! I didn't see it until after I posted -u-

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
All this "month of posts to character" speculation is under the assumption Sakurai would show only one FS a day. Also, I'm 99% sure that he's referring to the final smashes only for confirmed characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's nice to see the Final Smash in this kind of close-up picture rather than the few seconds in the Developer Direct. Nice Monday picture.

Hm, come to think of it... There are actually only about 20 posts in a month. For him to say "over a month of posts" rather than "two months of posts" leads me to believe there are fewer than 40 characters, or at least fewer than 40 unique Final Smashes. Or maybe I'm splitting hairs!

Edit: Sorry if it seems like I just parroted a post from a few up! I didn't see it until after I posted -u-
I wouldn't read too much into it, I don't think Sakurai put that much thought into this caption. Plus, it'd sound awfully specific if he said over two months, it's safer for him to just say over a month since that covers everything from over a month.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe the "over a month" comment only refers to characters introduced before E3 2014. We have 24 confirmed characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's think, if any characters get new Final Smashes to be shown off who will it be?

My picks and why

Pit: Not only the possibility of playable Palutena but also his moveset has been updated in general so I could imagine a KI:Uprising based FS.
Olimar: The Hocate ship is now an item.
Lucario: Will Mega Lucario appear?
Toon Link: Use the damn Wind Waker man!

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
And here we have the wild Smashboards in its natural habitat. Watch as a small piece of vague information wanders by. Some users start squealing in delight while others start sobbing uncontrollably. But wait! It turns out that the small tidbit of information was a mirage! There was never anything to react to to begin with!

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I hope we get more info about Final Smashes now.
My theory is that we'll get info about Pit's Final Smash in a week or two so we can get Palutena as a character reveal in April.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope we get more info about Final Smashes now.
My theory is that we'll get info about Pit's Final Smash in a week or two so we can get Palutena as a character reveal in April.
I hope we get it soon even if Palutena isn't playable just to put us out of our misery. Or internet whine-ery to be exact.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Well, we have our green in Luigi random presence.

I think he's going to reveal a FS next. It may or may not be new.

So I guess Wii Fit is a special move and Giga Mac is what Little Mac looks like with a Mega Mushroom then...?
Those were just in trailers, I think.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Dammit Sakurai, big Purple thing on Pyrosphere of all stages... also, is it just me, or do Pyroshpere show up a LOT? I like it~

Anyways, I will predict we will actually see a Final Smash Tomorrow ^^ And it will be.. Mario, Villager, Link or one of the ones we've already seen (Samus, WFT, Mac). Just because.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Luigi as kirbys final smash confirmed.
Everything I know is a lie.

The fact that a full-blown character and Smash veteran has been turned into a (controllable?) Final Smash is both annoying and traumatizing on a medium to grand scale.

Next thing you know, Wario will be confirmed as an item and Yoshi will be confirmed as one of Donkey Kong's special moves.

y u do dis sakri

----

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is pretty amusing how people started thinking about the roster amount after what Sakurai has stated. If it takes him over a month to post screenshots of all the Final Smashes, he's probably referring to just the characters who have been confirmed right now.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This thread is like after Lavos destroyed the world in Chrono Trigger..... Very barren with a few people struggling to hang on. After the attack of no Yoshi, well we got quite a bit of news, so I am happy. Tomorrow I predict a stage.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Idk why this quote is so profound to you guys. Whether he means 20 or 31 we are all know theres going to be at least 40 characters in this game. in fact the starting roster is probably going to be somewhere around 30.

I like this pic even though its kinda dumb. Sakurai's a nice guy. This pic is cool.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This thread is like after Lavos destroyed the world in Chrono Trigger..... Very barren with a few people struggling to hang on. After the attack of no Yoshi, well we got quite a bit of news, so I am happy. Tomorrow I predict a stage.
I would honestly prefer there to NOT be a stage tomorrow. :/ Sure I love seeing new stages. Excluding characters, that's basically the main news for me. But we've gotten Three (kinda) in such a short time. Give me a better look at the Palutena Stage and I'm happy. ^^

Or better, give me Palutena. Come on, Sakurai, there's no RULE you can't show Newcomers suddenly!

Staarih

Smash Master
Yes, I feel we need more info on the newest revealed stages (Palutena's Temple, Lumiose City and the Mii one, whatever tamagotchi it was hahaha) before new ones.

...though new stages are always cool...

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Maybe we gonna get TWO final smash per char XP

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wish he'd at least reveal Villager, Mega Man and Rosalina's final smashes, and whatever final smashes that might have been changed from Brawl. No need for us to get an update on an old final smash returning though.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Idk why this quote is so profound to you guys. Whether he means 20 or 31 we are all know theres going to be at least 40 characters in this game. in fact the starting roster is probably going to be somewhere around 30.

I like this pic even though its kinda dumb. Sakurai's a nice guy. This pic is cool.
30 seems too big for a starting roster though. Remember, even when a character is confirmed early, this does not necessarily equal a starter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom