• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A good start to the week in my opinion. It gets yet another returning item out of the way and it implies that Sakurai's going to start showing off final smashes in the daily pics soon. Of the veterans we currently know, I hope they change the final smash of: Mario, DK, Toon Link, and Pit.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
30 seems too big for a starting roster though. Remember, even when a character is confirmed early, this does not necessarily equal a starter at all.
Yea I'm assuming that only Megaman and Sonic aren't starting but have been revealed. Maybe Luigi too. Usually they don't reveal secret characters before release. The only ones for brawl that were secret but revealed before release were 3rd parties.

Of course I'm guessing the amount of the starting roster but it seems to get bigger with each game. About 30 seems fair imo. Brawl had 21 and I only see that number increasing. I've come to the number 30 purely on speculation of the characters in the website, speculated release date, past starting rosters and total characters in the roster. But of course none of that means anything. But its fun to see what you can come up with.

Did anyone notice that the smash ball looks like it has a face in it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well saint Patricks day picture the smash ball it was already confirmed in the E3 2013

So this might be the starting pistal for final smash pictures

And for people saying we are not getting 40 characters

In brawl it was 32 and 39 if you include transformations so that's one key to why it's very likely to be about 40 to 45

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
am i the only one really hoping for peachs final smash to change hers was horrible.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I think he meant in regards to the daily pics not the trailers or character pages. It may just seem to be the way it's zoomed in but the Smash Ball looks bigger then I remember it.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Snake is the only cut i'm expecting at this point. I do have a couple more characters i'm concerned about though
Like who and why? I don't think anyone else would really get cut if Toon Link and Lucario are in.

He already revealed Wii Fit Trainer's, Little Mac's, and Samus's Final Smashes.
I think he meant that he didn't really introduce them in a PoTD and explain them, we've just seen them in the trailers.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I did some maths and figured out we've got exactly 50 PoCs left until E3.

I wonder if things will pick up or calm before the storm.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I would honestly prefer there to NOT be a stage tomorrow. :/ Sure I love seeing new stages. Excluding characters, that's basically the main news for me. But we've gotten Three (kinda) in such a short time. Give me a better look at the Palutena Stage and I'm happy. ^^

Or better, give me Palutena. Come on, Sakurai, there's no RULE you can't show Newcomers suddenly!
Revealing a newcomer through the site would be extremely underwhelming, I want a flashy, pretty CGI trailer.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Revealing a newcomer through the site would be extremely underwhelming, I want a flashy, pretty CGI trailer.
Of course that's the best (they can easily post the video on Miiverse, though), and that's of course what will most likely keep happening, but there's still no rule about it, so maybe Sakurai will be nice and show us that big and Purple thing outside of a direct~ :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind seeing Ridley as a Stage Hazard. Doesn't effect his chances for playability at all anyways. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yet another update that makes me excited for the rest of the week. :urg: Like last Monday, it's technically new but the only information we really get from it is almost wholly speculative so, like I said, it's a great start to the week but the wait for the next pic is just going to be that much harder.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
But Sakurai has done that to Sonic in the Brawl dojo. :smirk:
That's because the game was expected to be released before any major events when Sonic was ready to be shown. Sonic was decided to be in the game sometime in 2007, which was on too short notice to get him ready for E3, so he was revealed in October, and the game was supposed to come out in December. He was however revealed just in time for him to be playable in the demos at E For All, so there's still that.

Furthermore, times have changed too. Newcomers simply aren't revealed casually on the site anymore like the Nintendo Brawl newcomers were, only veterans are.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When I saw Sakurai's comment about the update this morning, I said to myself, "Smashboards is going to blow this out of proportion, aren't they?"

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
It is pretty amusing how people started thinking about the roster amount after what Sakurai has stated. If it takes him over a month to post screenshots of all the Final Smashes, he's probably referring to just the characters who have been confirmed right now.
You're saying people should use common sense instead of overreacting? That's crazy talk...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Blowing things out a properation? We are talking about a community that can have freak out attacks over a few purple pixels in the wrong place in Pyrosphere.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So now that we've seen Smash Balls, ZSS can be revealed anytime now, so that's at least a good thing.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
So from what I get:

* There will be about 50 Pic of the Day's, before E3.
* Over the past half year, we got a lot of neat and steady info (IMO)

Anything special gonna happen?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The smash ball looks amazing!
For some reason, it's colors are stirring up a sense of nostalgia from older smash 64 days, not that i mind one bit.

(cross my fingers for snake this week)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So from what I get:

* There will be about 50 Pic of the Day's, before E3.
* Over the past half year, we got a lot of neat and steady info (IMO)

Anything special gonna happen?
Most speculate a newcomer in Arpril but nothing else can be sure.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
50 pics before E3 sounds like such a small amount haha! I wonder how many character reveals we can fit in those :troll:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai on Miiverse as for 03/17 said:
Pic of the day. That item that brings victory one step closer...the Smash Ball! Of course everyone wants it! Come to think of it, I haven't introduced any of the Final Smashes yet... Then again, if I introduced every single one, it'd take over a month's worth of posts.
Still intrigues me...

Does that mean he'll give more infos about the 3 FSs already shown (Samus' one, WFT's one and Mac's one) ?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, nothing new was revealed, but it's the first time we've seen the Smash Ball in-game. Time to look forward to what this week will bring.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think I see Ridley's reflection in that smash ball.
Evidence?

I very positive your just :troll:

By the way one facebook area of smash 4 saids today's picture confirms atleast 30 characters but it does not show how many characters are confirmed I think it will be like 45 between 47 (its 40 between 42 if you exclude the transformation characters)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tomorrow is pretty easy to predict a 1 to 4 picture day tomorrow with a couple of final smashes we have not seen yet
I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least one by the time the month comes to a close (my bet's on Villager). I can also see Sakurai showing off a pic where Pit has a new Final Smash and casually (ie; trollfully) points out that Palutena's no where to be seen. In response, the Smash fanbase would just be like "gee Sakurai, we have absolutely NO IDEA what you're implying here :glare:" only for her to not be shown off until E3 or afterwards.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I really hope there's a character reveal soon. It feels like such a long time since Diddy was shown. :(
Longest gaps to date:

Marth to Rosalina- 40 days
Sonic to Marth- 37 days
Luigi to Peach- 35 days

We're currently sitting at 25 but there's a decent chance for someone this week. Thursday (the 20th) sees the Japanese release of Mario Party Island Tour so there is the potential of Wario or Yoshi to be revealed on that day.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Longest gaps to date:

Marth to Rosalina- 40 days
Sonic to Marth- 37 days
Luigi to Peach- 35 days

We're currently sitting at 25 but there's a decent chance for someone this week. Thursday (the 20th) sees the Japanese release of Mario Party Island Tour so there is the potential of Wario or Yoshi to be revealed on that day.
Just watch.
Wario will be revealed on that day, and everyone in unison will scream "WHY U CUT YOSHI SAKURA!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom