• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not to mention another (what I presume is) Animal Crossing 3DS stage. We already have 3 of those revealed thus far. It'd have been more interesting with a Kirby, DKC, Zelda or Metroid handheld stage.
From what I've looked up.
Apparently it's not.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Not to mention another (what I presume is) Animal Crossing 3DS stage. We already have 3 of those revealed thus far. It'd have been more interesting with a Kirby, DKC, Zelda or Metroid handheld stage.
It's a Tomodachi Collection stage. Japan only game, but the newest one is getting localised. It starred Mii's.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how thsi stage works. I'm betting it takes place across the whole apartment

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think the issue is that the reveal was ANOTHER 3DS stage. Right now, the revealed 3DS stages, what, double, triple the WiiU stages?
Save for the two currently unknown stages on the 3DS version, there have been 2 stages revealed to be on both versions, 10 Wii U exclusive and 10 3DS exclusive.

Chrimbo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-3537-7151
This is my first post on Smashboards. I've finally decided to reveal myself after having been a ghost here for a while now, even before I registered this account. I apologise preemptively in the event I fall out of line whatsoever, but I think I've got everything locked down as far as conduct is concerned. At any rate, you can expect me to start posting here now...

We're talking about SMASH here! We're supposed to have high expectations! And if Sakurai doesn't meet those expectations, then it's his fault, no one asked for three stages, people asked for Yoshi and he didn't deliver.
Of course we have high expectations, but these expectations are set by no one other than ourselves. Sakurai has never communicated anything that would indicate consistent Picture of the Days. If he caved in to every demand on Miiverse or elsewhere, we'd be seeing Shrek and Goku fighting it out not before long, and pictures every weekend.

No other developer's making Smash, and Smash IS kind of a much bigger deal than any other game. You can't provide fans with a fantastic DOJO like Brawl's and then leave us info-starved with this new, uneffective, musicless, orderless format. It's like he's putting much less effort into hyping this game.

Also, his job IS pleasing the fans, one way or another, and making the game just doesn't cut it.
Smash is a huge game for Nintendo, there is no doubt about that, but in no way can you assert that it's bigger than any other first-party AAA game from any publisher. What makes Smash a bigger deal here is the sheer fact that we're on a Smash forum, and most likely is one of your favorite games. Nevertheless, no other game of this caliber (to my knowledge) posts daily pictures to keep the fans updated, and while it's a far cry from Brawl's dojo, it's MUCH better than nothing at all, and we shouldn't take it for granted.

Sakurai should seriously think about hiring someone to do better updates so he can focus on developing the game, and he should deliver on anniversaries and release dates because when people get hyped and you don't deliver, their hype deflates, the awesome Newcomers we have can only mantain that hype for a limited amount of time, the fanbase needs to be amazed and hyped with every single update.
I'd like to ask, what would you like Sakurai to reveal on a daily basis? While there has been some filler here and there, he's been consistent with the reveals of new stages, items, mechanics and stage hazards. Sakurai knows more than anyone here how much he has yet to show everyone. I'm sure he's spacing it out because if he released something stellar every day, he might run out eventually.

I agree that building hype is important for the game, but again, these 'expectations' that are being made are from no one but ourselves. Sakurai is building hype - if we use today as an example, that stage was a perfectly good screenshot, but peoples' own assumptions that Yoshi was coming today made it look weak, when it really wasn't.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though, after thinking about it. There still might be hope for Yoshi.
Mario Party Island Tour is being released in Japan on March 20th.
All Mario reps (to our knowledge) have been revealed. So who else is there?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Though, after thinking about it. There still might be hope for Yoshi.
Mario Party Island Tour is being released in Japan on March 20th.
All Mario reps (to our knowledge) have been revealed. So who else is there?
Wario.

Shroob

Sup?
If Wario gets revealed next, imagine the scenario.

"Yoshi's ready to go on. The world is hyped for his reveal and he's just moments away from showing the world his new HD self. Suddenly, he gets pushed down onto the ground and shoved out of the way... and he hears this."

"IMMA WARIO! IMMA GONNA WIN!"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I personally never lose hype. My hype has increased since day one. My only beef today was it took so to update on such a speculative day (and I had to rush to finish the article). In truth, I do like this new stage if that's what it is.

Wow two stage in one week, how momentous!
Technically 3 stages.

The only remotely exciting surprise update has been Marth, but Dedede was MUCH better, we were hyped for him, we expected him, and Sakurai gave the fanbase exactly what it wanted, that's how things are done! I'm still having trouble forgiving him for the Pyrosphere week, the unrelenting reasing of Ridley fans, the douchebaggyness of the Waluigi AT caption, Luigi's nose, WFT's butt...I mean, Brawl had "You must recover" for dissapointing updates, but I'm pretty sure we've had more dissapointing updates for this game than actually-useful ones.
You could always learn to like this way of updating instead of comparing it to Brawls. Brawl obviously has one up on Smash 4's in terms of information so if you expect it to be Dojo 2.0; you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Just like how people expected Brawl to be Melee 2.0. This site isn't Dojo 2.0 and that's totally ok.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
This is my first post on Smashboards. I've finally decided to reveal myself after having been a ghost here for a while now, even before I registered this account. I apologise preemptively in the event I fall out of line whatsoever, but I think I've got everything locked down as far as conduct is concerned. At any rate, you can expect me to start posting here now...

Of course we have high expectations, but these expectations are set by no one other than ourselves. Sakurai has never communicated anything that would indicate consistent Picture of the Days. If he caved in to every demand on Miiverse or elsewhere, we'd be seeing Shrek and Goku fighting it out not before long, and pictures every weekend.

Smash is a huge game for Nintendo, there is no doubt about that, but in no way can you assert that it's bigger than any other first-party AAA game from any publisher. What makes Smash a bigger deal here is the sheer fact that we're on a Smash forum, and most likely is one of your favorite games. Nevertheless, no other game of this caliber (to my knowledge) posts daily pictures to keep the fans updated, and while it's a far cry from Brawl's dojo, it's MUCH better than nothing at all, and we shouldn't take it for granted.

I'd like to ask, what would you like Sakurai to reveal on a daily basis? While there has been some filler here and there, he's been consistent with the reveals of new stages, items, mechanics and stage hazards. Sakurai knows more than anyone here how much he has yet to show everyone. I'm sure he's spacing it out because if he released something stellar every day, he might run out eventually.

I agree that building hype is important for the game, but again, these 'expectations' that are being made are from no one but ourselves. Sakurai is building hype - if we use today as an example, that stage was a perfectly good screenshot, but peoples' own assumptions that Yoshi was coming today made it look weak, when it really wasn't.

Thank you. The whining about updates gets kind of annoying, given that they could have easily given us the same amount of info Mario Kart 8 has, which isn't that much. The daily pics have been a great thing to keep hype up, and keeping in touch with the fanbase. People need to realize that they are not entitled to daily pictures of a game, let alone daily reveals of new information.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Next week 100% a lock for the next character reveal

And there all on the 20th

Metal gear solid V part 1 :snake: (If it's not him revealed that day it's the end of the rope for him)

Mario party island tour :warioc::yoshi2:

The usa release of pokemon battle trozei :pt::jigglypuff: (Diddy kong was the starters pistol for usa release however because of today he may have only revealed diddy kong on that day is because he had to show a newcomer instead due to the direct)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's Tomodachi, not Tomogachi. :laugh: Big difference but, I'll admit, I thought the same thing when someone first said the name.
Wait what?
...Well, it's still a life simulator.
Though the best part it it was made in 2009.
Miis we're on the DS before it was cool.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Aw man sorry guys. I'm usually always around for the update but I pulled an all nighter yesterday and I was just out today. Shame I wasn't around for the Yoshi reve-
*Sees pic of the day**Sees people earlier in this thread waiting hours for late pic of day*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

But seriously I kept meaning to say we might get a white day pic. But I never did so now I can't pretend I totally called it when it was totally just a lucky guess. Dang.

Stphntoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamefan1992
3DS FC
4339-2569-8710
Switch FC
8139-1515-0706
By far the worst plunder of NOT announcing a character since the release of X and Y. We want Yoshi NOW!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Another 3DS Stage reveal that makes me want to get a 3DS too. I do kinda wish some of the Wii U stages were like that, but I'm sure we'll be getting more of those revealed soon.

Also due to everyone's speculation I did half expect Yoshi today as well. I wasn't too disappointed though as we'll get him eventually.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That means that the Mii universe as a whole has 3 STAGES!! Wuhu Island, Castle of Darkness, and now this! Miis are all BUT confirmed!

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Metal gear solid V part 1 :snake: (If it's not him revealed that day it's the end of the rope for him)

The usa release of pokemon battle trozei :pt::jigglypuff: (Diddy kong was the starters pistol for usa release however because of today he may have only revealed diddy kong on that day is because he had to show a newcomer instead due to the direct)
Snake still has the days like E3 or a random month with nothing going on like May and presumably July. So if he's not revealed next I wouldn't say he's cut, yet.

Anyways, what game is this stage from it's looks too modern and detailed for AC, anyone know? I sure don't.

I don't see why so many people are complaining about Yoshi, not being shown, this leaves room for a character that isn't a lock to be revealed....

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Do we have a pic to compare to make sure its Tomodachi?

Meh. I don't like Mii's just like I didn't like Rosalina before she was revealed. I'm sure that Sakurai will do something to make sure they are cool. Mii's are just all around annoying. They make dumb sounds. They look dumb. But whatever. Some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.

Heres how I see it. We are probably only getting one character this month. It will probably be Yoshi or Wario (just like everyone thinks). If we get Yoshi it will probably just be on a direct next week announcing the year of Yoshi. March 18 guys keep a look out.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I love how x character not being revealed makes Sakurai a troll. He has a specific schedule he releases these on, most likely, and I really doubt he reads the forums and changes them to screw with you ;)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I love how x character not being revealed makes Sakurai a troll. He has a specific schedule he releases these on, most likely, and I really doubt he reads the forums and changes them to screw with you ;)
Of course not! He's not on the forums!
...He's in our minds...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There is a decent chance that we will get a Nintendo Direct this coming week if it's an consolation to those upset about Yoshi. A Nintendo Direct has never been done in the last week of the month and they are typically done on the third week.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nobody expects Yoshi for St. Patrick's Day?

Yeah, a long shot. I'll go back to whining about how I only had 3 1/4 hours and how I'm about to pass out in the middle of study hall.

D

Deleted member

Global Directs are ever other month.
Last one was in February. Next one is in April.

So no Yoshi, eh.
....mild disappointment.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Honestly, I expect Palutena or Chrom or ChromxLucina in April before Mii.
Yea I'd much rather have Palutena. Heres the best case scenario.
Direct on April 1st
"We have a special trailer for a new Kid Icarus game for Wii U" *show character reveal for Palutena
"April fools that was Palutena being revealed for Smash Bros.!!! Ok now here is the actual trailer."
*shows new Kid Icarus Wii U trailer.

I'm really hoping this happens. But I mean. I know it won't.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Yea I'd much rather have Palutena. Heres the best case scenario.
Direct on April 1st
"We have a special trailer for a new Kid Icarus game for Wii U" *show character reveal for Palutena
"April fools that was Palutena being revealed for Smash Bros.!!! Ok now here is the actual trailer."
*shows new Kid Icarus Wii U trailer.

I'm really hoping this happens. But I mean. I know it won't.
i could see palutena revealed in the next direct but anorther kid icarus will probably be another 20 years like the last one unfortulely lol

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

just like today was a 100% chance for a yoshi reveal?

I love how people here think they can predict sakurai. It's real cute.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I can predict Sakurai with ease.

Monday will show a Picture of something.

There. If I'm right, you Mods will make me Grand Mod Superstar.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I punched Tomodachi into a translator and it come out as friend. Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom