• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
But what would they show at a Direct for this month? Yoshi has already dropped and there are no other games due out this month.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of notable Indie games like Shovel Knight and NES Remix 2 are on the horizon. There's also the explosion of VC content for the Wii U that's coming up. I'm sure they could spill some details about Yarn Yoshi, SMT x FE, and Hyrule Warriors for the sake of having stuff for people to talk about around the water cooler.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
A lot of notable Indie games like Shovel Knight and NES Remix 2 are on the horizon. There's also the explosion of VC content for the Wii U that's coming up. I'm sure they could spill some details about Yarn Yoshi, SMT x FE, and Hyrule Warriors for the sake of having stuff for people to talk about around the water cooler.
that sounds like Nintendo and probably end it with a smash trailer for some extra hype.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I can see a Direct next week.

Indie Games
Mario Kart 8 Trailer revealing a few characters and Items
Year of Yoshi Announcement
Reminder for Yoshi's New Island
Yarn Yoshi
Pics of Yoshi in Smash
SMT x FE
X
Surprise
New Smash Trailer showing a newcomer

Or similar.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Woke up, saw the new Pic of the Day, and laughed really hard. I love you, Sakurai.

ToasterBrains gets his way again~

This is what happens when you aren't expecting something to happen like Yoshi, like you guys all did.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Didnt stay up.
Woke up.
Say pic of the day.
Came here to witness the butt hurt.
I am satisfied.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I knew it.
Yoshi's a tyrant!

It's all part of his master plan!
First, Twitter.
Then, THE WORLD!
*Ahem* I think us Bill Cyphers have something to say about that..

On topic: I lost a bet because that stupid green dino didn't show....

FORGIVE ME YOSHI!!! :p

Nah, I love Yoshi's Island. Too bad Y'SNI is getting terrible reviews...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I don't care if I'm late for the discussion or I start it up again, but the prime reason I'm anti-Mii is because they have potential to outshine the rest of the cast by their superficiality. They're nothing but glorified, template avatars. Given the situation that they're custom characters, it feels forced to invest the main feature of the game to use them. I can just see people flooding the game with their avatars and completely cutting out pieces of the main characters and sticking it onto them. In games where they don't have autonomy, such as Pilotwings Resort or Mario Kart, they're just fine. But there nature doesn't make them fit for an all-star fighting game such as Smash Bros. Not much about them excites me with moveset potential either.

That being said, it's not like they can represent them in other ways like their stage representation for example. For this new Tomodachi Collection stage, imagine seeing Miis saved on your system doing various activities in the background and maybe occasionally interacting with the stage. They could even expand this by taking Miis from StreetPas Mii Plaza, your Miiverse friends, followees, and followers, etc.

juddy96

Smash Lord
The worst part of this, is that Sakurai didn't actually show a joke pic, but rather a new stage from a Japan-only game. Unfortunately, because of the massive piles of butthurt being accumulated around the interwebs, this week is going to be looked at as crappy by some, when in reality, this is one of the best weeks yet.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess another good thing to come out of this update is that it provides further proof that Sakurai isn't going to be shy about having region exclusive content represented this time around. Even more good news for Takamaru and Lip fans I suppose.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Has anyone considered that maybe the Find Mii stage and this stage are of the same thing? It could be a travel stage of sorts that goes through a series of Mii titles or worlds. IDK, just seems weird that there would be two Mii game stages on the 3DS.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't care if I'm late for the discussion or I start it up again, but the prime reason I'm anti-Mii is because they have potential to outshine the rest of the cast by their superficiality. They're nothing but glorified, template avatars. Given the situation that they're custom characters, it feels forced to invest the main feature of the game to use them. I can just see people flooding the game with their avatars and completely cutting out pieces of the main characters and sticking it onto them. In games where they don't have autonomy, such as Pilotwings Resort or Mario Kart, they're just fine. But there nature doesn't make them fit for an all-star fighting game such as Smash Bros. Not much about them excites me with moveset potential either.

That being said, it's not like they can represent them in other ways like their stage representation for example. For this new Tomodachi Collection stage, imagine seeing Miis saved on your system doing various activities in the background and maybe occasionally interacting with the stage. They could even expand this by taking Miis from StreetPas Mii Plaza, your Miiverse friends, followees, and followers, etc.
I was going to post something but this literally summed up everything I wanted to say. Very well put, and I'd be soooooo happy if that's how they handled Miis in Smash (if they have to be in it at all); heck, that would be pretty cool, actually, kinda like a Smashville but with the people you streetpass.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Has anyone considered that maybe the Find Mii stage and this stage are of the same thing? It could be a travel stage of sorts that goes through a series of Mii titles or worlds. IDK, just seems weird that there would be two Mii game stages on the 3DS.
It's not. Many game sites have reported is indeed from the game Tomodachi Collection: New Life. And it's actually cross-promotion, as the game is currently being localized for NA and Europe after its huge success in Japan.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
The worst part of this, is that Sakurai didn't actually show a joke pic, but rather a new stage from a Japan-only game. Unfortunately, because of the massive piles of butthurt being accumulated around the interwebs, this week is going to be looked at as crappy by some, when in reality, this is one of the best weeks yet.
Yeah, pretty much every pic showed new things.

Staarih

Smash Master
I actually just had this exact thought in my head as well. I think it could work: the same stage showcasing many Mii titles. We'll just have to wait for more information. Sadly, Sakurai tends to just give a peek of a stage and give more information way later, like we saw with Tortimer's Island. What we need is details from Palutena's Temple, Lumiose City and now this, and surely others that I can't remember right now (Find Mii at least, whether or not it's connected to this).

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That means that the Mii universe as a whole has 4 STAGES!! Yoga, Wuhu Island, Castle of Darkness, and now this! Miis are all BUT confirmed!
I still think the Dark Lord's a story mode boss.

Also, this stage reveal would've outweighed the dissapointment if the stage was something like Sunset Shores? But another Mii series stage? I love the idea of Mii's inclusion, but good god, the Mii series is getting more stages than Mario!

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I understand some are annoyed we didn't get Yoshi, but really, people, you/we all did this to your/ourselves. Sakurai never promised us Yoshi today, but you all just assumed, and then expected, and when there was no Yoshi, it is somehow Sakurai's fault? :/ No logic in that at all.

And really, Calling a brand New Stage 'trolling', is just sad.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Some people on Miiverse are actually saying Villager might be doing a taunt, the Shrunk Funk Shuffle, which he learns from Dr. Shrunk in ACNL after he fills up his joke book.

Last edited:

BigEvilTurtle

Smash Rookie
This is a weird daily pic. It confirms a new stage, but offers pretty much... nothing. I mean, we have a bedroom backdrop, but in which context does this stage take place? Is this a Japanese only game that I'm not aware of? It's nice we got a new stage, though.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
A new stage isn't trolling. It's legitimate new information on a day that people happened to make assumptions.

The stage itself looks pretty simple, but that isn't inherently a bad thing. Simple stages tend to be my favorites, so long as they're true to the origin game. I look forward to seeing plenty more stages that are unrelated to playable characters (as of now).

juddy96

Smash Lord
This is a weird daily pic. It confirms a new stage, but offers pretty much... nothing. I mean, we have a bedroom backdrop, but in which context does this stage take place? Is this a Japanese only game that I'm not aware of? It's nice we got a new stage, though.
Tomodachi Collection: New Life. A huge seller in Japan, currently being localized for NA and Europe.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
just like today was a 100% chance for a yoshi reveal?

I love how people here think they can predict sakurai. It's real cute.
Oh yoshi was not 100% it was morly like 80% due to usa release and the diddy kong reveal for the usa release of DKCTF was a one time deal little mac stole diddys spotlight on the real day he should have ben revealed

Anyways I only predicted that because those are the 2 next major titles on the list and they are being released in japan on the 20th

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Seriously where the hell is Yoshi?
Probably drinking the tears of all those who expected him. :troll:

I still think the Dark Lord's a story mode boss.

Also, this stage reveal would've outweighed the dissapointment if the stage was something like Sunset Shores? But another Mii series stage? I love the idea of Mii's inclusion, but good god, the Mii series is getting more stages than Mario!
Mii themed stages, there are only two of them that are exclusively so. Wuhu Island doubles as a Pilotwings stage, to the point of including stuff from the SNES game even. And the Wii Fit stage is the home stage for the Wii Fit Trainer, obviously.

As for the Mario stages, there are three stages confirmed so far and they're all pretty iconic too. Given how past Smash title always had a lot of Mario stages, I assume this could be the case as well.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Don't understand why everyone is mad about this.. People went to overdrive with predicting dates and events, they think they are going to be 100% correct when that date/event happens and complains that the thing they predicted didn't happen. I learned this mistake from Ice Climber's anniversary.

Be glad that Sakurai is posting these Pic of the days. We received a lot of new information this week. It's been a great week. We got 2 new stages for goodness sake.

Also, I find it funny/little cringy that people are literally staying up until 4am or so just for a picture. It's not worth losing sleep for..

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*Ahem* I think us Bill Cyphers have something to say about that..

On topic: I lost a bet because that stupid green dino didn't show....

FORGIVE ME YOSHI!!! :p

Nah, I love Yoshi's Island. Too bad Y'SNI is getting terrible reviews...
Look, I'll be one (well, more Waddle Dee).
I just have to wait till I'm done being Barney.

Why is everyone dissapointed? We got a new stage today.
Because everyone was expecting Yoshi.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm sure it's been brought up, but this now makes two Mii related stages in the game... Just saying.

Smash Board: 8 pages talking down to each other for not liking the update instead of actually talking about the new stage. Christ guys that **** is annoying as **** to read through.:mad:

Anyway, I wonder if they will use the dream aspect from the source game. If you haven't looked them up, they're all pretty surreal (some of them would actually be really creepy if it wasn't portrayed by Miis) They could easily give the stage a Wario Ware Inc aspect if implemented

The most bizarre one I've seen so far had a bunch of Miis strung together by their arms and legs on a door nob and the player tugged on them for awhile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom