• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He's in the roster 100%, I can assure you that. Why are people worried about him getting cut?
I don't think anyone is worried about him, people simply wanted to see how he looks like in the game, and if there are any changes. It's the same reason people want guys like Captain Falcon and Ness confirmed.

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Man, we all knew Villager was a psycho mass murderer. But hey, even killers have soft sides. We even see him dancing for a special lady in his life. D'AWWWWWWWWWWW

No seriously, that picture is hilarious to me.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I know everyone's disappointed, but have you looked at the Villager? His model is gorgeous! Compared to what we started out with on 3DS, i'm appreciating it.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Well.
The "Yoga" stage is more for Wii Fit.
In other words, Wii Fit Trainer, not Miis.
The Wii Fit games use Miis for the majority of the time (Maybe 75% - 80%), and Wii Fit could be considered a sub-universe (Like how Mario has DK, Yoshi, and Wario), but your right, that one was a little bit of a stretch.

EDIT: I removed the Yoga stage from that post.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Man, lots of Schadenfreude going on these last ten pages or so. >_>

Anyway, I have a crackpot theory.

What if the Streetpass and Tomodachi stages are one and the same? Which is to say, there is one 3DS Mii-themed stage in which you visit multiple Mii-centered locales (Streetpass to Tomodachi to Mii Channel to etc.)?

It could very well be two distinct stages, and I have no issue with the concept. On the other hand, I also wonder if this might be misdirection, given how little information we got. In my crackpot scenario, it would be a Castle Siege-type soft-transition stage of sorts.

The Newcomers thus far appear to have one stage per system (Smashville + Tortimer, Wii Fit Gym + ???, Punch-Out Wii + Punch-Out 3DS)***. Would Mii get more, on account of being the ostensible mascot of the past two generations of Nintendo consoles (thereby making them deserving of more stages than other Newcomers)? Right now, we have Wuhu Island on the Wii U, so the only way to settle this crackpot idea would be to see a second Mii-centered Wii U stage (e.g. Nintendoland?).

Just something that came to mind. There's probably no merit or basis to it, but still, a Mii-flavoured smorgasbord stage could be interesting.

***I'm referring to Newcomers whose series have not yet been represented, hence why I excluded Rosalina. If you insist that she have a 3DS stage, then Rainbow Road is as good a one as any. And I expect Mega Man to have one stage on the 3DS, whether it be 3DS Wily's Castle or something else.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's mostly because the stage hasn't been mentioned in the majority of the complaints, it's been about an character expectation that was not fulfilled.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It doesn't suck but it's certainly very boring and the worst looking 3DS stage so far.
I really don't understand why someone tries to guilt someone else because he's not liking the updates.
Worst looking, and boring? We've seen a small, zoomed in part of that stage, you really can't judge that yet. :/ Or else I guess the Galaxy and New Leaf stages were also boring when all we saw was one Close-up of it.

I was kinda disappointed there was no Yoshi, but we DID get a new stage. And it's not like Sakurai promised us Yoshi anyways. If we only got what we expected, we would have gotten Diddy when we got Little Mac.

Dairz

Smash Ace
We've gotten lots of 3DS stages lately, but a new Wii U one hasn't been shown since January. Bring forth the awesome looking HD stages, eh, Sakurai?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
We've gotten lots of 3DS stages lately, but a new Wii U one hasn't been shown since January. Bring forth the awesome looking HD stages, eh, Sakurai?
I want to see more of Palutena's Temple! ...and Palutena :laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
It's from Tomodachi Collection a currently Japan only game.
How very exciting! Everyone will enjoy reliving this stage in Smash, I am so hype! Those stages are the best, the ones that everyone wanted! Tomodachi Collection has to be one of the most anticipated franchises for a stage, thank you Sakurai! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How very exciting! Everyone will enjoy reliving this stage in Smash, I am so hype! Those stages are the best, the ones that everyone wanted! Tomodachi Collection has to be one of the most anticipated franchises for a stage, thank you Sakurai! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Your signature goes perfectly with this.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So I went to bed around 11:00 PM last night and I woke up around 9:30 AM. First thing I did when I woke up was look at the official site and I saw no Yoshi. Instead I saw Villager and WFT in what looked like a bedroom of some sort. So then I come on here and I see more than 10 pages of posts to read. In all of those posts I read hype for Yoshi, complaints about how late it was, the flipping out over the picture and now people arguing because they have different opinions which they are fully allowed to have. Truly it was an amazing adventure.

Anyways, I myself was hoping for Yoshi and yet here we are without him. I have no doubt that he will be in the game but it would have been nice to see him or any veteran really. As for the stage, sure it's 'new' but it's about as new as the 3DS animal crossing stage was when all we got to see was DK and Kapp'N (probably spelled that wrong) on a dock. It's new but it bears no fruit, no flavour. It doesn't help that it's from a mostly Japan only series so hardly anyone here knew about it. I'm just hoping that this stage is playable. If it's anything like Big Blue, Summit or Mario Bros (so if it has instant death everywhere) then I won't be a fan of it at all.

On a final note, I've noticed that the past few potd have been 'late' as I've said before. As far as I know Sakurai has not mentioned any specific schedule for when he uploads the pictures and I'm pretty sure the time that the pictures are usually uploaded has changed before. After I believe, 3 days of getting 'late' pictures I wouldn't call it late anymore. I'd say the upload time has changed. If this is the case then some of you may want to consider not staying up for the potd and instead get some sleep. I know I'm not staying up till 4:00 AM for a picture that I can see in the morning, while being well rested.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
To make it clear to anyone who might have thought I was complaining about the update a few pages back: I was not XD Just debatin' about Miis. I'm fine with this stage, and fine that Yoshi wasn't revealed, as I kind of expected he wouldn't be anyways. We'll get him eventually anyways, so there's no point in stressing out about it, imo. Just felt like I had to separate myself from the rif-raf here :p

The thought that it could be part of the Find Mii stage is an interesting idea, good job thinking of that, Sehnsucht. I did think it a bit weird that we would get two new 3DS stages this week, so that is certainly a possibility.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know guys, if you want to see the pic of the days as soon as possible. How about you set up an alarm clock to about when the next pic of the day usually comes out and just sleep it out until then? Either that or just go to bed and wake up and check the screenshots in the morning? Especially since these screenshots seem to be coming out later lately.

It's better than messing up your biological clock only to wind up seeing another picture that you aren't interested in. It isn't very good for your health but that's just my opinion I guess.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Kikwi you're not my mom :(

I basically laughed when I saw the PotD and went straight to bed but some of the butthurt is greatttt. Isn't this fun guys it's always an adventure!
He's probably crying like a baby right now.

also representative of those that wanted Yoshi today

But more things implicating Mii as a character make me want to wretch

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know guys, if you want to see the pic of the days as soon as possible. How about you set up an alarm clock to about when the next pic of the day usually comes out and just sleep it out until then? Either that or just go to bed and wake up and check the screenshots in the morning? Especially since these screenshots seem to be coming out later lately.

It's better than messing up your biological clock only to wind up seeing another picture that you aren't interested in. It isn't very good for your health but that's just my opinion I guess.
NO. True fans wait for the news!
And also lots of likes

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Kikwi you're not my mom :(
Hey I didn't whine about it being your bedtime and that you should sleep before nine so I don't have to drag you out of bed because you're getting late to school today.

Just giving a friendly advice, if waiting all night long is your thing then more power to you I guess, guess I'll sleep it out then. Pic of the days come around 7 am for me anyway. :troll:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

#youaintthebossofme

#>8D

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anyway, besides the whole Yoshi hubbub of today seriously, why did people put so much expectation on his reveal today anyway when there were plenty of western releases ignored in the past nd Diddy Kong's reveal being more of an exception due to Little Mac and the Direct..
The new stage is looking pretty interesting from what little of it they have shown. Looks kinda like we would be fighting inside an apartment or something. I guess that would be a pretty interesting take perhaps....

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Anyway, besides the whole Yoshi hubbub of today seriously, why did people put so much expectation on his reveal today anyway when there were plenty of western releases ignored in the past nd Diddy Kong's reveal being more of an exception due to Little Mac and the Direct..
The new stage is looking pretty interesting from what little of it they have shown. Looks kinda like we would be fighting inside an apartment or something. I guess that would be a pretty interesting take perhaps....
To answer your barely readable part, most of the times a character was revealed with a game release, the Japanese release was the first one. But now, the game was released here Before Japan, so it would have made some sense, right?

I am not worried about Yoshi, he will be here. But I am curious to see if he really DOES have the Baby on his back. Or if he has other Changes. So... I wanted to see him today. ._. But, it's Always next week.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To answer your barely readable part, most of the times a character was revealed with a game release, the Japanese release was the first one. But now, the game was released here Before Japan, so it would have made some sense, right?
Even during those times the western release was also ignored. A Link between Worlds was released in the west before Japan and yet we still had to wait until the Japanese release for Zelda's reveal for example.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Even during those times the western release was also ignored. A Link between Worlds was released in the west before Japan and yet we still had to wait until the Japanese release for Zelda's reveal for example.
True, there has been exceptions, of course. ^^ Which is why I said 'it kinda made sense'. But of course, Little makes sense when it comes to Sakurai.

Oh well, Next Week prediction~

One character (Yoshi, Wario, or Ness)
Another pic about that character
Another Retro Item (Beam Sword, or Barrel/Box)
Change to a move of random character
Better look at one of the stages we've seen Little of

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
does this make a summer release unlikely now that he is holding yoshi for a summer reveal?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Depends when the Japanese release would be in the Summer and if Sakurai isn't planning to reveal Yoshi on the Japanese release of Mario Kart 8 or Mario Party Island Tour.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Lol I. Think I see more "I don't understand why people are disappointed" posts that ones of actual disappointment.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Also, anyone who laughs at people being dissapointed with a lack of reveals needs to have their own douchebag jar.
I love this.

That being said, I'm only mildly disappointed. The new stage looks cool, but I just really want to see Yoshi. This was a nice week of pics though.

I totally didn't think the stage was an Animal Crossing house at first

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welcome back morbid

And for what you said great and sad at the same time

(Everyone was wrong about yoshi being revealed today is the sad part)

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I would've liked something a bit more discussion worthy to close out the week, but honestly any new stage is a good announcement so I'm not gonna lie, I don't understand disappointment from anyone who hyped themselves up.

Same as any stage reveal though, I really wish we'd have gotten more details on it haha. That's 3 stages in two weeks though, so... these are definitely getting better.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Oh man. I just came back from school and began reading this thread where I left off. My god, the fact that there was a skyrocketing hype progressively growing on you guys just to culminate in an abysmal amount of disappointment was enough to make my day. :rotfl:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does anyone actually have any pics of tomodachi collection, specifically of the room in this pic?
All rooms in that game are customizable as the game is pretty much Nintendo Sims...

So... that's kinda hard.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So really I think next week we're gonna actually get a new character revealed
We'll be more than halfway done with March, I think with the pace of stages and other reveals, we should expect a character no question. But honestly, I think it'll be something random like Marth, Peach, and Lucario. I really don't buy into anniversaries being the cause of reveals, so I won't even bother predicting who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom