• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh, for some reason I thought you meant Summer 2013 lol.
btw, if you want to relive that hype, here's my reaction post just click on the arrow for high nostalgia :)

WTH JUST HAPPENED???????

Did it just freaking happened?

I googled and it is from sricker star but did that just happened?????????????????

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well tomorrow is the grand finale

Well will know everything before hes done with potds

And for those im getting the guide so private message for unlock tutorials if you wish (or probably anyone else with them or yourself)

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This is it, tonight's the night.

I predict a menu with Luigi's nose, and a second picture of Alfonzo being revealed as an assist saying "(FYI I'm an Assist Trophy)" as the final PotD's!

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Miiverse isn't working for me in the webpage; it just shows up as the text with no formatting, pictures, or anything. Any help? :confused:

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I don't know about you guys, but once the pic appears, I'm getting some sleep. These past few months of sleep deprived speculation have caught up to me.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't think tonight will be the last PotD ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai doesn't even mention the game's release.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlwgB-unA
Pic of the day. The day has finally arrived. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now available in the Americas!! I hope you'll enjoy this game's many modes and play it as you see fit.

Here's a look at the controls screen for the Wii U Pro Controller. We needed to match the default settings for all controllers for buttons such as L and R, but there must be players out there that want to use the ZL and ZR Buttons for shielding. You can set the controls closer to the GameCube controller if you set the B Button for standard attacks and Y for special moves. Set up your controls however you like in Controls.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, so this is it, a simple but really significative pic for today, the day when all speculation ends, when the hype of waiting is completely dead and the hype of playing is beginning.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's... over...

Holy crap, IT'S OVER.

WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW?
Play smash!

Welp, this was kinda the update we all expected. We've already looked back on our reactions to newcomers, the april direct, Luigi's nose, Wii Fit Trainer's butt on X&Y release, and having the nights staying up be worth it to see a veteran back in action. It's been fun, speculating is always the best part of this whole process in some ways. Guess...we can do this again in another 7 years or so? Happy Smashin yall!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well I was right, hope he announces more character DLC soon, I'll be able to wait for it if I know its coming. Its been a good run, he'll probably still do pic of the day since the game isn't out everywhere yet.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You can set the controls closer to the GameCube controller if you set the B Button for standard attacks and Y for special moves
...I see Sakurai had the same idea as me from my Classic Controller Pro custom controls. ¦D

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't posted here in a while, but I guess I should now that it's finally over. This was a unique experience, staying up till midnight all of those nights just to see one picture with the hope that it would have some new information, and sometimes posting in this thread. It was fun, see you all again next game! (Not that I'm leaving Smashboards or anything, it's just that the hype train is coming to a stop soon.)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am actually glad it is over. It was fun ride, but it overstayed its welcome months ago.

Staarih

Smash Master
Didn't Sakurai say he was going to continue adding pics until the end of the year?

And the game isn't out in all regions until like 2 weeks from now, so at least for that time I'd expect pics. Probably repeating some known stuff, but still.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't Sakurai say he was going to continue adding pics until the end of the year?

And the game isn't out in all regions until like 2 weeks from now, so at least for that time I'd expect pics. Probably repeating some known stuff, but still.
Yeah, he's most likely going to continue until the game is out worldwide. He might talk about some unlockable Wii U content or some other things in the meantime.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Welp, if tonight is the night brothers and sisters, it has been a fun ride. I'm glad to have shared these times with all of you. I'll return if there are more to come, but until then, I will see all of you in Smash!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why are people stating the pics are over when Sakurai didn't state this was the last pic and when he said they would continue to post pics up till the end of the year?

There is still Europe, Australia and Japan who haven't gotten the game yet. Pretty sure Sakurai will do commemorative pics for those regions like he did for the 3DS version.

He also has yet to cover some stuff about secret characters in detail, for example.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, he's ganna keep going, but there just wont be any more surprises, probably. I'd like to see the Miiverse stage and Mewtwo, but any future DLC would probably be in a Nintendo Direct or E3 next year.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not over. Sakurai said that they were going to do the PoDs until the end of the year. It's still sad to see it come to an end again. I guess we'll just have to wait until 2020 for "Japan Time" again.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai NEVER said he was doing it "until the end of the year". He specifically stated that he should be finishing up before the end of the year. These do not mean the same thing.

Does anyone here even know how to English? Seriously.

With that said, I doubt this is the last pic considering the game won't be out in Japan for another 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm quite sure that the pic of the days will continue for a little bit longer, or at least until Smash Wii U is released internationally.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If that was the last PotD, Sakurai finished it off strong with a menu picture. I hope to see some Smash Run before the end if the year of we have more.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So yeah, PotD has been up for an hour

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlzHYYGDg
Pic of the day. Here's a little tidbit about the song names in My Music. The tracks with a red icon are song arrangements made for this game, and the ones with the black icons are arrangements from past versions. What might be a little confusing is that some track names from Super Smash Bros. Melee are now stage names for this version. The track Corneria from Melee isn't a song that plays in Corneria in the original game, but we couldn't change the name of the track. Sorry for any confusion.

We've included four versions of the Mute City music tracks. The regular Mute City track is from Melee, Ver. 2 is from Brawl and Ver. 3 was specifically arranged for the 3DS and Wii U versions. The track from the original game is in here too. This game probably has the most music tracks compared to any other game.

In Sounds, you can even listen to voices of some enemies. Metal Face has as many voice variations as the fighters…He'll say something a little different when Shulk is on the field.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Guys.... It's still not over. We might get something cool about DLC! Also I didn't know that about Metal Faces voice actor!
Oh what am I kidding......
The Miiverse thread was the original reason I joined Smashboards.....
I remember the weeks that are crazy, the triumphant, extremely long draughts of information. Those were all some of the best time of my life. I'm now getting into competitive Smash, and been playing the Wii U version and loving every second of it. It was a very good run guys, but all things have to end someday. So we need to make the best of it, and live up to the hype of Smash Wii U and show it justice!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Guys.... It's still not over. We might get something cool about DLC! Also I didn't know that about Metal Faces voice actor!
Oh what am I kidding......
The Miiverse thread was the original reason I joined Smashboards.....
I remember the weeks that are crazy, the triumphant, extremely long draughts of information. Those were all some of the best time of my life. I'm now getting into competitive Smash, and been playing the Wii U version and loving every second of it. It was a very good run guys, but all things have to end someday. So we need to make the best of it, and live up to the hype of Smash Wii U and show it justice!
I really want a DLC character announcement, relive the hype glory days Sakurai, WOLF DLC:wolf: !!!!!!!!!, or Lucas DLC. :lucas:.
Man I'm currently the only user here, and a couple of guests are here too, Hey Sakurai, a DLC announcement would get everyone excited for pic of the day again, no one's staying up for them anymore, Don't you want them to take a break from playing, to go over to Miiverse and admire the pic of the day, Why not do a Pic of the day documentary series on the creation of a DLC character, providing the steps needed to create the character and so the progress of the character, from start of development to end of development. It would be really cool. Do Wolf, unless he's close to being done.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

"Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate."

"…By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A whole year?

Jeez.

I think the stages take more time then characters.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

"Pic of the day. The Orbital Gate, which was shown in yesterday's post, looks like a space station, as you can see in this picture. There was also a pic of the day where the fighters are going through the center gate."

"…By the way, this model is actually a trophy. Diorama style. The Orbital Gate Assault stage actually took a whole year to complete."
Two Star Fox pics in a row, two Star Fox characters ( Wolf and Krystal) missing in action on Lylat Cruise's omega form
Just an interesting little detail I noticed on Lylat Cruise's Final Destination mode. In the background you can see The Great Fox, 2 Wolfens, and 1 Arwing. Panther and Leon are presumably in the Wolfens and Slippy is presumably in the Arwing, and Peppy's in the Great Fox, and Fox and Falco are fighting, so where are Wolf and Krystal?
You're starting to hype me,but don't disappoint me Sakurai, I want my Wolf DLC. Are you going to continue the hype, or kill it off. If you're Masahiro Sakurai read this
I really want a DLC character announcement, relive the hype glory days Sakurai, WOLF DLC:wolf: !!!!!!!!!, or Lucas DLC. :lucas:.
Man I'm currently the only user here, and a couple of guests are here too, Hey Sakurai, a DLC announcement would get everyone excited for pic of the day again, no one's staying up for them anymore, Don't you want them to take a break from playing, to go over to Miiverse and admire the pic of the day, Why not do a Pic of the day documentary series on the creation of a DLC character, providing the steps needed to create the character and so the progress of the character, from start of development to end of development. It would be really cool. Do Wolf, unless he's close to being done.

Cool trophy, I'll get it eventually. One year though to make this stage... No wonder we didn't see any new Star Fox stages for a while. If you're planning a DLC announcement, hype me ,if not don't hype me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom