• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Somebody better pick up that phone, cause I ****ing CALLED IT! XD

I kept saying these wouldn't go into 2015 and would end well before the end of the month.

Couldn't be more glad, either. Having them go on at this point would be...well, pointless. There's nothing to show that we can't find out ourselves in the game.

Bye bye PotD's. Now everybody can finally go back to their normal sleeping schedules. <3

If they had one. ¦D

P.S.: Thread lock when?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Alright people, good game, good hustle, good perseverance. I'm glad we had this gathering.

See you all back in about 6 years. I expect everyone to have outrageous muscles and luscious beards by then, including the women.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh I see Fares didn't post the pic itself. Well it's really nothing but might as well...

Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm actually gonna miss PotD a bit. It has given us joy, disappointments, entertainment, shipping ideas, and caught our attention with new information from time to time. But with it gone, we welcome Japan to get the game Saturday, and for Sakurai to have less stress on his shoulders. It surely was a nice run for over a year, simply put.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Pic of the Day - Haiku of the End

By Sehnsucht

The end is here, now.
Rejoice in the memories.
Take care of your butts.

As a longtime POTD thread cavorter, frolicking night after night in my cherub nekkidness, I salute the bacchanalian spirit of this place, and take a bow before those in whom my copious contributions have provided delight and titillation.

You guys all exist. Keep up the work.

You're my number one <3

Suck it, @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht ;)
I think the POTD thread has had more than enough of your sass over its lifetime, little mister.

And besides.

The only thing I suck is pleasant dreams.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Eh, this is really bittersweet.... More bitter... really, all bitter... I don't know; I know why he's stopping doing it but it's still sad none-the-less. Maybe he could post updates every now and then on Mewtwo? Who knows.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, not how it happened.
I mean the sheer fact it's over. You know, like when you watch the last episode of an anime you enjoy.
I know that's what you meant and my statement still stands.

And when I watch the last episode of an anime I enjoy, I'm just glad that ti's over and move on to the next one.

This is about the same, minus the overall enjoyment.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I know that's what you meant and my statement still stands.

And when I watch the last episode of an anime I enjoy, I'm just glad that ti's over and move on to the next one.

This is about the same, minus the overall enjoyment.
hahaha wow kaye you must be broken and dysfunctional on the inside lel and I know this for I have been there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm trying to remember the Pic of the Day updates that made me happy, but all I can seem to recall at the moment is this gut wrenching, heartbreaking mess of an update:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So guys...........................what was your most favorite pic of day?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So guys...........................what was your most favorite pic of day?
Today's.

There. Now no one else can take the easy way out. Go search and actually pick one, you lazy bumpkins. <3

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I'm going to say it was Ike's reveal. It just came out of nowhere and Ike's design update is still incredibly radical.
'Twas mine as well. I pretty much flipped my lid more over Ike than I did for any other character or update before or since.

For me, It was comparable to the "Sonic Joins the Brawl" reveal years ago, and I'm sure we all remember the pandemonium from that day.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
'Twas mine as well. I pretty much flipped my lid more over Ike than I did for any other character or update before or since.

For me, It was comparable to the "Sonic Joins the Brawl" reveal years ago, and I'm sure we all remember the pandemonium from that day.
Hmm my question my be a bit too tough for some of you guys, perhaps the new character reveals are probably on the top list of your favorite pic of the day.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"May we meet again, in a better life..." :4robinm:

Appropriate, I guess? If not too dramatic. :laugh:

Hard to believe it's over. I got an habit of turning on my PC as soon as I woke up just to check out on the pictures. To think it's been a year and half like this... It was a long run.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Strange, it doesn't feel as long as the Brawl Updates. But it was still a pretty good run. I remember how hyped I was when Toon Link was revealed as well as the likes of Rosalina and all.

Thanks Sakurai. :)

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel surprisingly sentimental, checking out new pics every morning became a habit and it's going to be weird to not to that anymore haha! But the games are finally out everywhere, so everyone can experience the content themselves, which is great! Thanks Sakurai, until next time!
(or until Mewtwo or something gets added to the site)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
There's too many awesome PotD's to pick from, but the two Fire Emblem veteran reveals in Marth and Ike were pretty hype. Two redesigns out of the blue.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
My favourite was when they showed the Gamer stage, completely out of nowhere. I hadn't played Game and Wario back then, so the whole concept was new to me.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Welp, it's been fun. A little sad that the hype period is over, but hey, we have the game now! Lookin' forward to Mewtwo, whenever he releases.

Favorite pic of the day? Can't say, really. There were a lot of great ones, but I can't remember them all, haha. I love the Alfonzo one, if only for the dumb (and rather amusing) meme that it spawned.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My favorite would either be the introduction of Reshiram at Unova League or the Flying Man one.

I will continue to wonder what the caption for the polar bear would have been...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My favorite would either be the introduction of Reshiram at Unova League or the Flying Man one.

I will continue to wonder what the caption for the polar bear would have been...
The Polar Bear picture will remain quite the mystery, it seems.

I wonder if Sakurai changed his mind about that picture due to the Ice Climbers being cut...

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I wonder if Golden Marth will go down as the last PoTD character.

I definitely did notice how the pics started out casually, then became more like the Brawl Dojo updates after a while. Glad they did, though. I liked the long, Brawl-styled update about the 3D Land stage around March.

"we had to choose more appropriate pics"
Sakurai, you dirty man. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-----

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Someone has to create a thread named:Your best personal pic of the day.
Pic of the day. Tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released in Japan! The players in Japan had to wait a bit longer for their release, but then again, they did get the 3DS version first. We were glad to be able to release this game in the Americas just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States.
Sweet revenge.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I've had so much fun checking what the new pic was every morning, and eventually joining this thread to experience the moment first hand with all of you every night. I'll never forget the excitement and hype we all shared as we waited to see what (sometimes new) piece of information Sakurai was going to share with us. We can all play the game for ourselves now, so even though it feels like the end of an era... Actually I can't think of anything to say that doesn't sound cheesy. Let's all just play the game and reminisce about what our favorite Picture of the Day was.

My favorite Pic of the Day was the one that revealed Toon Link as a returning veteran. I remember that picture made my whole day when I saw it in the morning.
Toon Link Reveal Pic..jpg

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It was fun while it lasted, but at least we now know that the series has concluded.

Unless the other moderators decide otherwise, this thread will be closing up shop before the day is done. Therefore, this will just be a day to think back on the past pic of the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom