• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKl0qzm9jg
Pic of the day. In the Gamer stage, the stage set-up will change at random. Here's Mom appearing from an easel. You'd better stay on your toes.

Mom even appears out of the TV. Sometimes she jumps out of it and walks around. It gets a little crazy. The guy in the far window is Grandpa, who acts as Mom's decoy. His wig is swaying.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
'New' information.

Sakurai, you should've quit while you were ahead.

There PotD's are like Season 9 of Scrubs. Staaaahp.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKl0qzm9jg
Pic of the day. In the Gamer stage, the stage set-up will change at random. Here's Mom appearing from an easel. You'd better stay on your toes.

Mom even appears out of the TV. Sometimes she jumps out of it and walks around. It gets a little crazy. The guy in the far window is Grandpa, who acts as Mom's decoy. His wig is swaying.

Well there goes the Star Fox streak, as well as the semi new content streak, Wow Sakurai, I think someone else should be in charge of hype pics.
'New' information.

Sakurai, you should've quit while you were ahead.

There PotD's are like Season 9 of Scrubs. Staaaahp.
Pic of the day is back to being dead again. No new info, just info on the stages, which we're already playing on, or will be playing on soon.
*crickets chirping*
It's not that hard to post one good hype pic of the day, one is all you need to hype, and then you can show us funny pics.
Or if he doesn't want to do a pic of the day like that, why not post pics that reveal little cool bits about the game, that would be good. Don't do pic of the day if there's nothing new to show.

D

Deleted member

Why the Hell are you guys in America even complaining about the PotD's when the game is already out? Just play the damn game.
These pics are for the Europeans and the Japanese.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Reminder that if you don't like the pic, you don't HAVE to post here. This goes especially for the "R.I.P. this topic/it was good while it lasted" posts.

Obviously the quality of pics will be less exciting now that most of the information is known. However not everyone is privy to it, nor has the actual game themselves yet, so just as obviously, they will keep posting information regarded as "old news" as if it is new news.

Criticism is fine. But if your entire point in posting here is to derail the topic with "Close this/yawn no one cares" or anything to that effect, or treating this as if it's a Social/general complaining or speculating thread, then you should probably read the first post again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel like the mods could probably unsticky this thread right about now.
Until we know when the final pic of the day will be out, we'll be keeping this thread open. Remember, only North America has Smash Wii U right now, so the Japanese and Europeans still need something to look forward to.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yup, this is mainly stuff for the Europeans, Australians and Japanese to look forward to as the game still isn't out yet for them. Just go ahead and play the game if it's already available to you.

I personally didn't know yet that the stage layout changes and that 9-Volt's mum can even come out from an easel so this is news to me at least. Then again, I haven't really bothered to watch any gameplay video's yet that most probably have been uploaded by now. I'm just waiting for the PAL version for now that will be out in about 26 hours. :T

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It would be pretty neat if the last Pic of the Day is a picture of Mewtwo.
How's that for ending on a high note?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
It would be pretty neat if the last Pic of the Day is a picture of Mewtwo.
How's that for ending on a high note?
I'd say a pic confirming say Wolf and Lucas, and possibly someone else,but mainly Wolf and Lucas, would be a more fitting final pic, since it would be Sakurai going all out, and confirming more DLC. Mewtwo, should be second to last though, or maybe he's not ready to be shown yet.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
I'd say a pic confirming say Wolf and Lucas, and possibly someone else,but mainly Wolf and Lucas, would be a more fitting final pic, since it would be Sakurai going all out, and confirming more DLC. Mewtwo, should be second to last though, or maybe he's not ready to be shown yet.
Pic of the Day: Here are Lucas and Wolf in the Wii U version of the game, boy they sure do make great trophies!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Pic of the Day: Here are Lucas and Wolf in the Wii U version of the game, boy they sure do make great trophies!
If he says that, he'll never be able to have a relaxing vacation, he'll have to go to bed each night afraid of being attacked by Wolves.
He should say Pic of the Day, Other than Mewtwo there are currently two other things we're working on for DLC for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. Here's hint number one, One is a Wolf. Hint number 2 He fought against Wario in the Subspace Emissary.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If he says that, he'll never be able to have a relaxing vacation, he'll have to go to bed each night afraid of being attacked by Wolves.
He should say Pic of the Day, Other than Mewtwo there are currently two other things we're working on for DLC for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. Here's hint number one, One is a Wolf. Hint number 2 He fought against Wario in the Subspace Emissary.
You don't seem to understand how reality is working here; Mewtwo is a DLC character test. He'll work on more only if it goes well.

That's what we were told, and it makes sense. There's no use on working on DLC if he isn't sure people will bother with it. Not everybody likes DLC, and Sakurai wants to make utmost sure the characters he remakes will be downloaded enough to justify working on them again.

Just be patient already. You're seriously overobsessed. I want them as DLC too, but that's not necessarily in the cards, even if they're the most likely next up if he finds DLC worthwhile.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thats too easy for wolf

A harder one would be "hes somebodys rival"

I would not be suprised if mewtwo ingame photos where near th frand finale of potd

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKl1h4ZKnw
Pic of the day. Here's a basic size of the map for Smash Tour. The card suits and star marks are check points. You'll get a full-round bonus if you pass them all, and you'll get a strength bonus if you stop on any of them.

If you look reaaally closely, you'll see that by rolling a 5, you can pass through the center of the map to the other end. This means that you'll have an advantage if you keep rolling 5s!! Trophies like Ashley's that slow down the roulette wheel may help you out here.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKl1h4ZKnw
Pic of the day. Here's a basic size of the map for Smash Tour. The card suits and star marks are check points. You'll get a full-round bonus if you pass them all, and you'll get a strength bonus if you stop on any of them.

If you look reaaally closely, you'll see that by rolling a 5, you can pass through the center of the map to the other end. This means that you'll have an advantage if you keep rolling 5s!! Trophies like Ashley's that slow down the roulette wheel may help you out here.
Smash Tour... Apparently its more fun with friends, not sure, though it depends on the friends, they could just have the cpu fight for them instead. Also I'm not seeing the 5. Does he mean from yellow tower to blue? The only things I see really closely are the items, and the map looking like an eye. I think Sakurai's gone mad, I don't see how you pass through the center to the other side by rolling a 5, Has anyone found the Northwest 5 passage.
Actually here are the trophies

You don't seem to understand how reality is working here; Mewtwo is a DLC character test. He'll work on more only if it goes well.

That's what we were told, and it makes sense. There's no use on working on DLC if he isn't sure people will bother with it. Not everybody likes DLC, and Sakurai wants to make utmost sure the characters he remakes will be downloaded enough to justify working on them again.

Just be patient already. You're seriously overobsessed. I want them as DLC too, but that's not necessarily in the cards, even if they're the most likely next up if he finds DLC worthwhile.
Easier said then done I'm afraid. The wait is agonizing, more agonizing then waiting years for this game to even come out,for me at least. Ah what the heck, I'll try to be patient,but its not easy.

:crazy:I still don't see the five path. I see five items a Wolfen, Some sidesteppers, a Metal Box, baseball Daisy, and the black knight? There's five towers Heart, Spade, Diamond, Club, and Star. Could a path finding expert please help.:crazy:
Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He's saying that the distance between the very middle/center space and any of the checkpoints is 5 spaces. Meaning if you roll 5 consistently (easier using Ashley to slow down the roulette wheel), you can go from checkpoint > middle > checkpoint,and so on.

Actually didn't know this. Usually too busy mashing A when playing with my sister (multiple people playing does in fact make it more fun).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
He's saying that the distance between the very middle/center space and any of the checkpoints is 5 spaces. Meaning if you roll 5 consistently (easier using Ashley to slow down the roulette wheel), you can go from checkpoint > middle > checkpoint,and so on.

Actually didn't know this. Usually too busy mashing A when playing with my sister (multiple people playing does in fact make it more fun).
Thanks. I noticed that you could get from tower to tower with fives,but his quote("If you look reaaally closely, you'll see that by rolling a 5, you can pass through the center of the map to the other end. This means that you'll have an advantage if you keep rolling 5s!! Trophies like Ashley's that slow down the roulette wheel may help you out here.") threw me off because he didn't mention the towers, what I got out of it was you can roll a 5 to get from one end of the board to another.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well here's the pic

Don't have the caption though, though I'm guessing Wrecking crew bombs can knock down the building, there are ladders, the main point is I think the game is out in Europe, so play the game, well one week to go until Japan gets the game, what could await in the final week. Also we really need to archive all the pics, we stopped after sometime in September.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well here's the pic

Don't have the caption though, though I'm guessing Wrecking crew bombs can knock down the building, there are ladders, the main point is I think the game is out in Europe, so play the game, well one week to go until Japan gets the game, what could await in the final week. Also we really need to archive all the pics, we stopped after sometime in September.
http://imgur.com/a/equAc

Some random person on imgur has been archiving them.

Cudos to whoever this person is.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKl2dzq2kg
Pic of the day. Congratulations to the European region where Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was launched today!! Today's post is completely off-topic though. It's the Wrecking Crew stage. When you make the bombs explode, the shock from the explosion transfers to the walls and destroys them. When there are only two panels or less holding up a floor, the floor will crash down, making the stage change constantly.

You might get stuck inside a metal barrel that falls from above. Players can attack you while you're stuck, so get yourself out by mashing buttons.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKl2dzq2kg
Pic of the day. Congratulations to the European region where Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was launched today!! Today's post is completely off-topic though. It's the Wrecking Crew stage. When you make the bombs explode, the shock from the explosion transfers to the walls and destroys them. When there are only two panels or less holding up a floor, the floor will crash down, making the stage change constantly.

You might get stuck inside a metal barrel that falls from above. Players can attack you while you're stuck, so get yourself out by mashing buttons.

Well what do ya know I wasn't too far off with my description. Well final week is next week I think, I predict more stages.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When will he show Mewtwo though, I hope he doesn't just post the picture we saw of Mewtwo in the direct, unless its accompanied by moveset info.
Mewtwo alone builds hype. Showing an updated model is not a bad thing to make people happy.

I'd like more than that, of course. But he does pics without substance regardless, and it's one that'll make people scream in joy.

That said, he'll let us know when the pics will stop.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Mewtwo alone builds hype. Showing an updated model is not a bad thing to make people happy.

I'd like more than that, of course. But he does pics without substance regardless, and it's one that'll make people scream in joy.

That said, he'll let us know when the pics will stop.
They should just make a Wii U with Mewtwo on it, if he generates that much hype. They could even call it the Wii two, it will come packaged with smash bros Wii U and also Mewtwo DLC. It would sell like crazy. So what do you think the last pics before the Japanese release are gonna be. I'm betting on stages and stuff people who already have the game know about, but maybe Sakurai will prove me wrong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They should just make a Wii U with Mewtwo on it, if he generates that much hype. They could even call it the Wii two, it will come packaged with smash bros Wii U and also Mewtwo DLC. It would sell like crazy. So what do you think the last pics before the Japanese release are gonna be. I'm betting on stages and stuff people who already have the game know about, but maybe Sakurai will prove me wrong.
To be fair, 99% percent of his posts are things people know of if they own the game. :p

I think a New 3DS that comes with Smash loaded with Mewtwo and a Wii U that does the same thing are kind of neat ideas. I don't think one character will be enough to shell out money, so loading it with the rest of the planned DLC characters if they happen(and any stages, and the most updated patch available at the time of shipping this product...).

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wow I'm the only one here and at this time... Well is there a pic of the day? Is it interesting? Is it filler? Is it just flat out bad? I miss those nights where we'd all ask those questions. Now the game is only a few days away from being released in Japan. What will these pics be? I predict details on stages.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHhnAO4iVQ
Pic of the day. When you play Master Orders in Special Orders mode, you will need to use a certain amount of gold to buy a ticket to enter. If you win the challenge, you'll get a reward determined by the difficulty level. The challenges may sound simple, but playing them on Very Hard is quite challenging.

On the other hand, the rules in Crazy Orders are very different. You'll earn one turn for every win, and each turn gets harder and harder. Some of your accumulated damage will get carried over. Crazy Hand will challenge your after 2 turns, so you'll earn your rewards if you beat him. The final battle will be an HP battle and the more accumulated damage you have, the more HP you'll have in the fight...so the trick is to be a little risky.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHhnAO4iVQ
Pic of the day. When you play Master Orders in Special Orders mode, you will need to use a certain amount of gold to buy a ticket to enter. If you win the challenge, you'll get a reward determined by the difficulty level. The challenges may sound simple, but playing them on Very Hard is quite challenging.

On the other hand, the rules in Crazy Orders are very different. You'll earn one turn for every win, and each turn gets harder and harder. Some of your accumulated damage will get carried over. Crazy Hand will challenge your after 2 turns, so you'll earn your rewards if you beat him. The final battle will be an HP battle and the more accumulated damage you have, the more HP you'll have in the fight...so the trick is to be a little risky.

Surprised that he didn't say that YOU CAN ONLY DO EACH MASTER ORDER TICKET ONCE. They said that in the direct at least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Surprised that he didn't say that YOU CAN ONLY DO EACH MASTER ORDER TICKET ONCE. They said that in the direct at least.
Its the event thats once

It is possible to ram into a free for all but the odds of identical match is astronomical small (next to nothing of running in to a identical challenge with the exact same type of prize)

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Its the event thats once

It is possible to ram into a free for all but the odds of identical match is astronomical small (next to nothing of running in to a identical challenge with the exact same type of prize)
No, Event Matches are the ones where you can retry as many times as you want, and there's no entry fee. Master Orders makes you pay for the tickets, and they're one-time-use only (represented by the tab on the ticket being removed when you select it).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I feel kinda bad for forgeting this thread (there's like 4 POTDs on a single page so...)
Anyway...
I hope we get Trophy pics or something fun

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Waiting music anyone? Though I guess that was for long nights.
Predicting something I already know about.:glare:( I thought Sakurai was unpredictable.)
Also we need Swift Fox to make a cameo, its just not the same without him. @Swift Fox

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Waiting music anyone? Though I guess that was for long nights.
Predicting something I already know about.:glare:( I thought Sakurai was unpredictable.)
Also we need Swift Fox to make a cameo, its just not the same without him. @Swift Fox
All the music and all of the information is available now. Sakurai can't be unpredictable. You know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom