• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So today we got the two biggest roster disgraces to ever happen to the Smash series, IN HD!!!!!!
Is this sort of comment really necessary? It's getting tiresome to see this sort of crap being posted every single day.

I get you and a ton of other people don't like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. No need to keep rubbing it constantly. And guess what, there are people who like them. Can't you at least respect that?

If I understood correctly, he didn't want to mess up the battle records by creating alts with different properties and he felt that it would please his fans better if he was his own character with all the tools he had in Melee (Pills, Dr. Tornado, Thunder hand etc), or something along those lines.
That's exactly what happened.

Dark Pit and Lucina were meant to be costumes as well, but got their own slot due to differences. Sakurai did mention that, no matter how slight, two different characters get their own slot, while characters identical in gameplay share the same slot.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Is this sort of comment really necessary? It's getting tiresome to see this sort of crap being posted every single day.

I get you and a ton of other people don't like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. No need to keep rubbing it constantly. And guess what, there are people who like them. Can't you at least respect that?
I'll probably wear off after a while, but you can't expect negative comments againist the alternate costume and the glorified palette swap to stop until they're cut for Smash5 due to backlash, the reason Lucina doesn't get as much flak's because she's a visually distinct character with her own personality and character traits, Dr. Mario's just Mario with a labcoat and Dark Pit's a less-interesting version of Shadow The Hedgehog with a literal clone origin, he started out as a PALETTE SWAP FOR GOD'S SAKE. There are many, MANY clone options that would've gotten much less flak, Shadow as a Sonic clone, Alph as an Olimar clone, hell, even Medusa as a Palutena clone.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'll probably wear off after a while, but you can't expect negative comments againist the alternate costume and the glorified palette swap to stop until they're cut for Smash5 due to backlash, the reason Lucina doesn't get as much flak's because she's a visually distinct character with her own personality and character traits, Dr. Mario's just Mario with a labcoat and Dark Pit's a less-interesting version of Shadow The Hedgehog with a literal clone origin, he started out as a PALETTE SWAP FOR GOD'S SAKE. There are many, MANY clone options that would've gotten much less flak, Shadow as a Sonic clone, Alph as an Olimar clone, hell, even Medusa as a Palutena clone.
There is a difference between constantly spewing vitriol and just merely expressing your disappointment. Guess which one you're doing.

Knock it off already. It's annoying seeing this bullcrap happening every day in almost every thread we go to.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whatever you say. Still not an excuse for your behavior.

The game isn't made just for you and world doesn't exist just for you.

Just get over it already. There are people happy with Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's inclusions. They would've been in the game as costumes anyway. Hate them all you want. Go ahead and use them as punching bags if it makes you feel better.

At least, you could show some respect to the people who like those characters. Something you're definitely not doing by constantly spouting the same crap over and over.

And that's enough. If you really want to continue this conversation with me, take it to a PM, lest this thread is further derailed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, I'm sure that's the one clone option that'd be even more hated than Dark Pit.
Dark Samus may be even worse. 3 Samuses anyone? The backlash that would get... or imagine Young Link coming back(without a different moveset. Masked Link was made impossible with Transformations cut). Redundant, sure, but there are worse clones. ...Boshi would've been cool if Square Enix allowed it. >_> Would've been a fun alt variation.(akin to Daisy, that is)

Dark Pit's backlash is a lot smaller than some other ones, mostly due to the fact he's a fairly popular character from a game people enjoyed, and is recent enough to be recognizable. That, and Metroid Prime is not the latest game. I am glad she's an AT, but yeah. Dixie wasn't even a real option. She'd have to be more akin to Lucas, with some similarities, but a ton of differences.

The clone choices were very very low. And he only had costumes upgraded. Imagine Wireframe Mac as a clone. Although maybe I'm the only one who wouldn't have minded King Hippo? >_>

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This guy's like the only reason I don't bash the Doctor on a daily basis like I want to on these boards.
HAHAHAHA No.gif You don't do that.
As for more relevant matters, I hope we get a new stage tomorrow. Or some Wii U music.
Wii U Stages would be nice. 'Specially that Great Cave Offensive Stage. Tell me more, Sakurai. owo

I also want me some more Character Reveals on the Website.
Duck Hunt in HD = Most of my Yes.
Dr. Mario's Website Page already happened so I used like 99% of my Yes already. XD

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Whatever you say. Still not an excuse for your behavior.

The game isn't made just for you and world doesn't exist just for you.

Just get over it already. There are people happy with Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's inclusions. They would've been in the game as costumes anyway. Hate them all you want. Go ahead and use them as punching bags if it makes you feel better.

At least, you could show some respect to the people who like those characters. Something you're definitely not doing by constantly spouting the same crap over and over.

And that's enough. If you really want to continue this conversation with me, take it to a PM, lest this thread is further derailed.
Yeah man, Edgy Pit is best Pit :awesome:.

It's weird that so many people complain about these characters. It's like buying a meal and getting a free desert. If you don't want it then don't eat it. Alph, the Doc, Dark Pit, Lucina, etc. didn't need to happen, but they were thrown in as an extra treat for their fans.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
My body is ready.

New Stage please.
I'd like to see the Underworld...
as a climbing stage. To symbolize how many original Kid Icarus fans have died on that level :troll:

or hell, just give us Castle Dedede or Great Cave Offensive.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Yeah man, Edgy Pit is best Pit :awesome:.

It's weird that so many people complain about these characters. It's like buying a meal and getting a free desert. If you don't want it then don't eat it. Alph, the Doc, Dark Pit, Lucina, etc. didn't need to happen, but they were thrown in as an extra treat for their fans.
I would've rather had Alph with Rock Pikmin than Dark Pit. Those poor neglected Pikmin...:'( haha

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Predictions for tomorrow...

- Something redundant about the 3DS version that everyone already knows.
- Something cool, but not really substantial about the Wii U version.
- A stupid menu that we already know our way around, making it completely pointless.
- Information about the secret veterans that we've already guessed from playing the damn game.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
This HAS to be the beginning of the end of 3DS pictures. Everything Wii U from now until its release.

~In Nintendo We Trust. In Sakurai-san We Believe.™

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman

Pic of the day. Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing.

Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
two new wii u trophies right of the bat? this gon be a good week!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
EDIT: :4greninja: by 19 minutes without realizing

Nice to see Mega Man trophies, I hope we get some of Battle Network too, Lan deserves a HD one

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
YOO, those trophies are hype!
I'm loving Zero's a lot and I hope that they include his Zero incarnation as a trophy as well (which they should had for the 3DS version imo)

Bass looks great too! I thought they would have made him similar in proportions to Mega Man, but then again.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes! The Mega Man trophies in the 3DS version were lacking. IIRC Wily is the trophy of something not in the game somewhere else.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Warning Received
**** that Bass trophy looks sooooo good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I know this comment is more overused than Little Mac in Online mode: Sakurai and Nintendo are giving more recognition to Mega Man and all his series than Capcom during the last years; those trophies are beautiful and the amount of detail on the models show how much they care on making justice to Mega Man's history of games.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Bass and Treble's trophy looks SO good. They need to use that design somewhere (in a new non 8-bit Mega Man game preferably) :D

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Something tells me Bandana Dee is just a Wii U Trophy...

:(
But it will be a glorious trophy. You'll really be able to see all the fibrous details on that bandanna. :L
Here's hoping for potential DLC but whatev's.
Also apparently the Rayman trophy is Wii U exclusive? That sucks...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, most trophies on the Wii U version had to be made from scratch so they would look good on an HD resolution. 3DS trophies mostly have imported models and, as a result, were less time consuming. Especially the Zelda series with models from Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus with Uprising models, Pokémon with X/Y models or Animal Crossing with New Leaf models.

There has never been any doubts about the Wii U version having much more content. Still, the 3DS version, despite the lesser content, is still a welcome addition to the series, since it allows players to play Smash wherever they go.

I'm not a Mega Man fan, but Zero and Bass are looking badass.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

They should've just stayed as alts like Alph. Dark Pit and Dr. Mario serve little purpose as stand alone characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Gotta give credit to high quality trophies. Even small things can prove to be amazing, and trophy quality is one of them.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
They should've just stayed as alts like Alph. Dark Pit and Dr. Mario serve little purpose as stand alone characters.
Also, it's not like we don't want them in. They're just wasted as stand-alone characters. All they bring to the game is the fact that you have to play Classic and All-Star four more times with them.
I was against having different characters as alternates (like Olimar/Alph) but now I understand that sometimes is the only way to include certain characters (I mean we don't want seven clones of Bowser Jr. right?).
It just doesn't make any sense that Alph is an alt and Dr. Mario is his own character.
Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina (hell, I would say even Toon Link really, and maybe Lucas) should be alts of Mario, Pit, Marth and Link, and Ness. I don't care if something changes in their moveset, it doesn't ****ing break the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom