• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hypest Friday Pic Everrrr!

Pic of the day. Unfortunately, I've been too busy working on developing the Wii U version that I haven't had a chance to play Home-Run Contest with my Global Smash Power turned on. So fighters, with the game now released worldwide, how are you faring with your home-run distance and Global Smash Power? I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage.

Sparta Kicks 4 Dayz :4ganondorf:
>Mentions Ganondorf
>Not even on the site yet
Sakurai pls
Can't say he's wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
>Mentions Ganondorf in the caption
>Ganondorf isn't on the website yet

Sakurai you're hilarious.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"How to not hide your Spoilers" - A book by Masahiro Sakurai

Is a "meh" pic for a Friday, but the hilarious caption compensates that

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hypest Friday Pic Everrrr!

Pic of the day. Unfortunately, I've been too busy working on developing the Wii U version that I haven't had a chance to play Home-Run Contest with my Global Smash Power turned on. So fighters, with the game now released worldwide, how are you faring with your home-run distance and Global Smash Power? I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage.

Sparta Kicks 4 Dayz :4ganondorf:

...I thought you were kidding.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
This is so funny, this is the third time Ganondorf got leaked, second time by Nintendo.

Sakurai might as well just confirm him already.

Last edited:

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Uhhhggg, HD Dark Pit pictures, looking sexy handsome as always. And the good doctor's looking just as dashing in HD if I do say so myself. November 21st can't come soon enough, be still my beating heart.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's going to be hilarious if he's posted in the Secret section.

Sooooooo Monday is the start of all PotD's Wii U related from now on. Woohoo!!!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't think Samurai even cares at this point, so he goes and blatantly mentions Ganondorf while the guy doesn't even have his page up via Smash Bros. website.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With Ganondorf "Leaked Again" I hope that he gets officially revealed soon. I just want to see his awkward face expressions on HD.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"I wonder if Ganondorf gives you some advantage."

*doesn't reveal Ganondorf*
Classic Sakurai is classic.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Now that Smash 3DS will have been out for over a week internationally on Monday, there will be no excuse for Sakurai to not start showing off more Wii U exclusive features.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys

You think Ganondorf might actually be playable in this game? I hope he can finally use his sword!!! :ganondorf:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Ganondorf and Game & Watch tonight? Game & Watch Has Been Revealed since Pac-Man's trailer aha

Sakurai might as well put R.O.B too and just keep Jr. And Dog & Duck so they can all get a glorious, cgi trailer *3*

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys

You think Ganondorf might actually be playable in this game? I hope he can finally use his sword!!! :ganondorf:
Speaking of, OOT Ganondorf did not have a sword. Ever. No, that tech demo doesn't count. I'm talking about in the real game. However, it did have the tech demo sword programmed in. Sakurai may have thought about incorporating it. He didn't obviously have the time.

In Brawl, he clearly didn't want to, but at least TP Ganondorf officially used a sword.

This version now does, for a move or two. I don't know all his customs. I don't want him to be some silly sword user, but he could slightly incorporate it by remaking the animations of some moves much like he did for customs. It'd be arbitrary, but it'd also please fans.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You want Ganondorf on the main site?

[collapse="Sakurai's response"]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
"Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Launch Date: 11/21/2014" I just saw this, time to consider buying a Wii U.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
People questioning Sakurai's use of Ganondorf forget that he is entertainer.
Or that he may be Sakurai's main as of Brawl. Which explains why he didn't get changed heavily in 4. XD

In fact, he might've name-dropped him without thinking of his spoiler stuff. I have a feeling he realized almost everybody knew, shrugged, and just didn't care. Nintendo leaked Ganondorf in an old video. Most thought he'd be back because it's Ganondorf, the main villain of Zelda. Or at least the games where he's a humanoid. But yeah.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Anybody else noticed Ness in yesterday's pic? Third row in the right, below Pikachu.
Does that indicate anything? We already know he's playable, and he's on the official website under "Secret Fighters", so... what?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Really? He brought up Ganon before revealing him? Hmmm. To be fair, I think the majority of us knew he was coming back before we had gameplay footage, not to mention us who spoiled ourselves by watching JP footage. It is kinda hilarious, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really? He brought up Ganon before revealing him? Hmmm. To be fair, I think the majority of us knew he was coming back before we had gameplay footage, not to mention us who spoiled ourselves by watching JP footage. It is kinda hilarious, though.
He was first leaked in the Japanese Trailer. We saw him in gameplay before the games were even released(or gameplay was leaked from people who got it early), strangely enough.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Does that indicate anything? We already know he's playable, and he's on the official website under "Secret Fighters", so... what?
Because tower of smash indicated you do not have to unlock anybody in the wii u version

Which i think is balony

Ps as for the picture of the day

He better add the ganondorf section on the site to see him in HD

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"How to not hide your Spoilers" - A book by Masahiro Sakurai

Is a "meh" pic for a Friday, but the hilarious caption compensates that
With Smash 3DS released worldwide, the 3DS pic of the days have basically lost their touch. Of course, until the New 3DS is released, only Sakurai is able to post 3DS screenshots onto Miiverse.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So today we got the two biggest roster disgraces to ever happen to the Smash series, IN HD!!!!!!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
So today we got the two biggest roster disgraces to ever happen to the Smash series, IN HD!!!!!!
You do know obsessive anger isn't a good thing right? Seem pretty obsessive when you bring up as many times as you do.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
For crying outloud, it seems I can't go in a topic anywhere in this sub forum today without seeing this.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sakurai did mention Ness before his reveal during the Brawl days too. (Although that did cause the whole "Up until now" fiasco back then.....)

Anyway, neat to see Dark Pit and Doctor Mario on the Wii U version too. I wonder if Sakurai would comment on Doc's return sometime in a PotD considering he is the first veteran to skip a game....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai did mention Ness before his reveal during the Brawl days too. (Although that did cause the whole "Up until now" fiasco back then.....)

Anyway, neat to see Dark Pit and Doctor Mario on the Wii U version too. I wonder if Sakurai would comment on Doc's return sometime in a PotD considering he is the first veteran to skip a game....
I'm just sad he actually had him as a costume at a time. But it's reasonable since it's literally a model difference between 'em. Both times he figured they make more sense as uniquely playable characters. I do wonder if he was a costume at one time in Melee. Maybe he wanted the Megavitamins to be more unique and he couldn't figure out how to simply make him an alt at the time while programming him to have different taunts/animations(slightly) and voice clips/remodels? He did not every do this till 4 so it's actually possible it took him a long to figure it out.

If Project M couldn't get Dr. Mario to have a remodeled Final Smash, maybe Sakurai couldn't at the time. He also probably didn't feel FLUDD was worth remodeling during development so scrapped Dr. Mario when he had a more original roster with zero actual clones by then besides returning vets and possibly a remade Young Link into Toon Link at best. Same with Roy, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik. Note that the toon characters except Toon Ganondorf are immensely different sizes from the originals, so they'd take up more time than some clones, like say Roy or even Dr. Mario in Melee. Yong Link-style clones are slightly harder. However, Toon Link has an entirely different model, where Young Link is literally a smaller model. That, and Toon Link has far more different moves. I can believe he, Wolf, and Jigglypuff were made later in development due to them having no role in the SSE.(the order of data doesn't mean much to me as they can rearrange where it goes without usually messing up the game. I could be wrong on that, though. I don't know if the exact order of everything is key to how the game was programmed. It could mean everything, or nothing besides the "categories".)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm just sad he actually had him as a costume at a time. But it's reasonable since it's literally a model difference between 'em. Both times he figured they make more sense as uniquely playable characters. I do wonder if he was a costume at one time in Melee. Maybe he wanted the Megavitamins to be more unique and he couldn't figure out how to simply make him an alt at the time while programming him to have different taunts/animations(slightly) and voice clips/remodels? He did not every do this till 4 so it's actually possible it took him a long to figure it out.

If Project M couldn't get Dr. Mario to have a remodeled Final Smash, maybe Sakurai couldn't at the time. He also probably didn't feel FLUDD was worth remodeling during development so scrapped Dr. Mario when he had a more original roster with zero actual clones by then besides returning vets and possibly a remade Young Link into Toon Link at best. Same with Roy, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik. Note that the toon characters except Toon Ganondorf are immensely different sizes from the originals, so they'd take up more time than some clones, like say Roy or even Dr. Mario in Melee. Yong Link-style clones are slightly harder. However, Toon Link has an entirely different model, where Young Link is literally a smaller model. That, and Toon Link has far more different moves. I can believe he, Wolf, and Jigglypuff were made later in development due to them having no role in the SSE.(the order of data doesn't mean much to me as they can rearrange where it goes without usually messing up the game. I could be wrong on that, though. I don't know if the exact order of everything is key to how the game was programmed. It could mean everything, or nothing besides the "categories".)
If I understood correctly, he didn't want to mess up the battle records by creating alts with different properties and he felt that it would please his fans better if he was his own character with all the tools he had in Melee (Pills, Dr. Tornado, Thunder hand etc), or something along those lines.

Yeah Toon Link and the others where most likely indeed later inclusions compared to most of the cast in Brawl. (bar Sonic perhaps, I'm not sure.....)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If I understood correctly, he didn't want to mess up the battle records by creating alts with different properties and he felt that it would please his fans better if he was his own character with all the tools he had in Melee (Pills, Dr. Tornado, Thunder hand etc), or something along those lines.

Yeah Toon Link and the others where most likely indeed later inclusions compared to most of the cast in Brawl. (bar Sonic perhaps, I don't know....)
We can say for sure that Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were going to be in no matter what. He outright said everybody was planned from the start. Except Sonic. That includes the cuts. Them not being in the SSE does mean they could've been made last. Not low priority specifically for the game itself(not that this is impossible, but it's not implied at all), but not important to the SSE itself as well.

As for 4, does anyone have a link to when he told a fan who asked him to make Dr. Mario a costume that he wouldn't make sense as one because he couldn't shoot firebals? I bet he made him a costume before that. Possibly before Lucina even. That's why he possesses the most amount of differences. He was created first. Besides that, if he was, that actually tells us when he finished the first roster. IC's aside. They could've been cut before or after the clones.

He said they were all costumes at one time, but becamse playable later, last in development when he had more time. I can't say if Dr. Mario was before or after Lucina, but Dark Pit having almost zero differences, and his Final Smash being a renimation but identical usage to Zelda and Sheik's suggest he was the last made one and had no time to put some better work into him. He apparently is a bit slower and heavier or something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom