• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Seeing as how this is all incredibly common knowledge with the 3ds version being launched, possible soft-confirm for Magicant on WiiU?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seeing as how this is all incredibly common knowledge with the 3ds version being launched, possible soft-confirm for Magicant on WiiU?
Only those who own the game already. It's not severely known to every person. It means nothing for a Wii U stage at all.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Mr. Game & Watch also was a retro-like character. He revealed no one but Lucina whatsoever in a PotD by saying they're playable. Dark Pit was added later on, which is why he wasn't given a "joins the battle" message. Neither really count as they're different scenarios. This isn't even a proper Ness reveal. -_-

Imagine if Ness was never playable and his "Secret" part wasn't on the website. Tell me, what would you think he was by this picture alone? Exactly. It doesn't make sense to do this without just saying he's a secret(in the PotD) or telling us how to unlock him in the next post. It's a waste of a "reveal" overall. It would've been better to show another character if he had no plans to tell us more on Ness besides show an unlabeled picture of him.
I think you're confusing my phrasing of "broad hints" for "reveals". Here G&W is hinted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz-2VuAYlY
and here Dark Pit is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqTW13AYniY

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think you're confusing my phrasing of "broad hints" for "reveals". Here G&W is hinted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz-2VuAYlY
and here Dark Pit is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqTW13AYniY
Ah, I knew those poor examples would come up.

Yes, Mr. Game & Watch is hinted. If it weren't for him being playable in previous games, nobody would have known he was playable.

That is absolutely not a Dark Pit reveal as playable. Nor was it a hint either. He's last minute due to how production went. He and Dr. Mario are both Lucina situations, although the Doc had little chance of being a costume due to the fact he wasn't the same as Mario in any game. He wouldn't have made sense as one for the same reason he was playable in Melee. A playable character would already have a page on the website right after the trailer. Neither got it. In addition, he was added later in development, since he was just a costume turned playable. That's the only reason or way he could be almost 100% identical to Pit. They have less differences than any other clone ever created(that is playable). The Fighting Teams in the first 3 games were almost identical to the original bar no projectiles where possible and no B moves respectively. And the Polygons couldn't grab either(Grabs were pretty OP in the first game, so that makes a bit of sense).

Ness got revealed on the website. He was never mentioned by name is a single PotD, including today's, for whatever silly reason.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And since it's apparent you were just trolling instead of trying to hold a legitimate conversation, you're on Ignore. Writing off legitimate reasons for how things happen(or probably do) is just ridiculous. :facepalm:

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Only those who own the game already. It's not severely known to every person. It means nothing for a Wii U stage at all.
I had just figured pics from this point on would be targeted towards wii u. You know. Because Wii U is the next hype target. And every detail about the 3dS outside of DLC and Wii U communication has been spread around like a plague.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had just figured pics from this point on would be targeted towards wii u. You know. Because Wii U is the next hype target. And every detail about the 3dS outside of DLC and Wii U communication has been spread around like a plague.
I would too, but it doesn't seem to be the case. :urg: I would really love a new Mode introduced for the Wii U already. Events, Tower of Smash, whatever. Honestly, he has done almost zip to hype the Wii U version at all. I get the 3DS version is out, but a bit more effort would be nice. Almost everything is known about the 3DS version anyway without the PotD's. Not worth it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be fair, didn't he say something about talking about the hidden content after the 3DS version came out worldwide or something along those lines? I think we where bound to see some more stuff detailing such content anyway through the PotD's.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, didn't he say something about talking about the hidden content after the 3DS version came out worldwide or something along those lines? I think we where bound to see some more stuff detailing such content anyway through the PotD's.
I do love how he talked about Ness. :p Am I the only one who thinks he should've said his unlock conditions today? Instead of making us wait for the guide?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I do love how he talked about Ness. :p Am I the only one who thinks he should've said his unlock conditions today? Instead of making us wait for the guide?
Well he did talk about the stage itself which is kinda hidden content too....

But yeah, I guess he should have, or at least at his character profile, which is a little odd he didn't do that apparently.... As far as I know at least.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well he did talk about the stage itself which is kinda hidden content too....

But yeah, I guess he should have, or at least at his character profile, which is a little odd he didn't do that apparently.... As far as I know at least.
Ness' profile does not exist either. Nobody has had one. He just has a character page.

While the 4 Dojo has a bit more content and I think a cooler layout, the information gotten is very sparse in some areas. It's a mixed bag.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ness' profile does not exist either. Nobody has had one. He just has a character page.

While the 4 Dojo has a bit more content and I think a cooler layout, the information gotten is very sparse in some areas. It's a mixed bag.
Oh yeah, I meant his character page.... I think they could have probably put his unlock conditions (As well as Falco and Wario's) somewhere there, but I suppose they may be waiting for the Wii U version's release before they put it up there, so they can do it all in one go I guess.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh yeah, I meant his character page.... I think they could have probably put his unlock conditions (As well as Falco and Wario's) somewhere there, but I suppose they may be waiting for the Wii U version's release before they put it up there....
Which might be silly, since they probably don't have identical unlock conditions. I highly doubt only 120 matches would be needed. A bit more would be more reasonable, imo. Maybe every 50?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Which might be silly, since they probably don't have identical unlock conditions. I highly doubt only 120 matches would be needed. A bit more would be more reasonable, imo. Maybe every 50?
Well like I edited into my post, they can then put the unlock conditions for both versions at the same time. But that's just me I guess, we will just have to wait and see.

The unlock conditions for both versions may indeed be different, yes.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i saw a video but

They are technically a boss hazard

According to what i saw the death reward is they co-op i believe

I saw CPU over the flying men so assuming a CPU beat them.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Strange... they seemed really keen on not spoiling anything... Well, Ness is no surprise, and I guess they figured everyone has the game already or something.
Only thing that worries me is he didn't add "And here's this stage on the Wii U version!" ...it'll...probably be there...probably...right?
Edit: Oh did he say those things? Sorry! Okay, guess its not so strange.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I....I don't understand?

Sakurai about a month ago(when specifically referring to the POTD)-
"First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad."

Sakurai less than a week ago-
"With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game."

Why on earth are some people surprised to be seeing spoilers in the POTD?

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Have you not been paying attention to the mental capacity of Smash fans over the course of this game's life..?
It's pretty mediocre at best.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
So...what else could Sakurai show regarding new content? I'm going to guess a new stage tonight. Otherwise, something featuring Mii Fighters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd kill for a sample of that Xenoblade medley.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I....I don't understand?

Sakurai about a month ago(when specifically referring to the POTD)-
"First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad."

Sakurai less than a week ago-
"With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game."

I think it's because people weren't expecting unlockable characters since the site is showing Ness as a hidden secret character, so I think people just want the hidden secret characters to be on the main page.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's because people weren't expecting unlockable characters since the site is showing Ness as a hidden secret character, so I think people just want the hidden secret characters to be on the main page.
I think more the fact he didn't name him onscreen or even bothered to say his unlock methods. It was kind of worthless showing Ness in the PotD since it served no purpose at all. He's just... there. It makes the whole "behind a secret wall" idea worthless. Literally, most people know who he is. You're not hiding him anymore. At least use his name. It just doesn't make sense to me logic-wise.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

Did you said FEEL, Sakurai? :4shulk:

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Dang that's some nice presentation.

Now I wish I could actually see something like this in a store. It'd be so cool if the amiibos came in identical packaging to the in game trophys' packaging, shame they don't.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want the plushies in the background.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pic of the day. Here's the Trophy Shop for the Wii U version. It operates identically to the 3DS version, but it sure has a different feel, doesn't it?

I think this is tear-jerkingly beautiful.

I can imagine a trophy of Ghirahim sitting there...
If only it were real...

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow

Love the design, so much more exciting then the 3DS shop.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
This Trophy Shop is super cute and very pleasing to the eye. It look great!
Please show us moar Wii U thingies like this Sakurai.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
First he prematurely spoils Ness in the POTD, and now he does the same with Ganondorf.

You be slippin', Brokurai.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
THAT is how you do a trophy shop. Its beautiful! We need more hype inducing Wii U pics like this. Lets hope its just the tip of the iceberg.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So it looks as though they're selling more trophies in their shop than the 3DS version? Because there were only six available at a time over there.

Oh yeah, and that Bulborb looks very detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom