• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle GA Brawl Tournament (August 30)

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
There are more effective and efficient methods of making money. It makes absolutely zero sense if that is in fact the sole reason you play.

Also Kyd, I've decided on making a few flyers since I have the material to do so. Not an extreme amount, but just a few.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I don't play the game for money, it's fun to me. I view tourneys as a way to test your game and to learn new things. And not to mention its a chance to meet new people. I'm sure if I can attend this as planned you all should enjoy my company, lifes great.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
SpeedAce said:
There are more effective and efficient methods of making money. It makes absolutely zero sense if that is in fact the sole reason you play.

Also Kyd, I've decided on making a few flyers since I have the material to do so. Not an extreme amount, but just a few.
No problem all, make a good enough amount to get around the mall and some GameStops if ya can. Also, your answer to NoiR's question is about the same as mine.

WildStar said:
I don't play the game for money, it's fun to me. I view tourneys as a way to test your game and to learn new things. And not to mention its a chance to meet new people. I'm sure if I can attend this as planned you all should enjoy my company, lifes great.
Spoken like a true gamer.

We have (if my information is correct) 3 televisions, and confirmed 2 Wii systems (which is easy to get another one). We will have a back room away from the Yu-Gi-Oh players for this tournament, but it may get a bit crowded because it's not exactly a large room.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

Work an average job....win a couple hundred bucks every month ($1000+ a month)

Work an average job...play a fun game that has a large skill gap...800+ a month?

I enjoy extra cash. What can I say? :ohwell:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you might want to check into the game you're playing before you say that.

If you havent noticed this, the people who win in this game dont like it. They do it because of the large amounts of money that it brings in. If you narrow it down to the region, i think you have to look at the FL only for people who win at brawl and like it, and im not even sure about that. I forgot to ask some of them at FAST.

It would make no sense for somebody to play melee now-a-day only for money (unless they were like, m2k), but playing brawl for money IS what most people do.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I understand that fully concerning Brawl, but I was speaking from a more general point of view. I don't see the concept of competing in something to win money when you A) Dislike it initially and B) are at an extreme statistical disadvantage. Place a vast amount of advanced players with the sole intent of winning money via 1st-3rd place in a tournament and the mass of them won't win. There are just more reliable, and like I said, efficient ways of getting money in your spare time (and you don't have to necessarily dislike them). Note: I don't have anything against people who play for $$$

Yeah, I agree that it does suck the way Brawl turned out.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is not that bad IMO. But still, I had to deal with the same money factor when I use to go around playing Counter Strike, haha.. good times. But hey, money makes the world go round.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I understand that fully concerning Brawl, but I was speaking from a more general point of view. I don't see the concept of competing in something to win money when you A) Dislike it initially and B) are at an extreme statistical disadvantage. Place a vast amount of advanced players with the sole intent of winning money via 1st-3rd place in a tournament and the mass of them won't win. There are just more reliable, and like I said, efficient ways of getting money in your spare time (and you don't have to necessarily dislike them). Note: I don't have anything against people who play for $$$

Yeah, I agree that it does suck the way Brawl turned out.
Georgia isnt that good at Brawl. That's why I play it for money and I'm picking up metaknight, soooo it will make it that much easier :]

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
Is it just me, or is Mario Circuit banned NOWHERE in Georgia?

Dedede chaingrabs a go go!

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap I seriously thought I had that stage banned (I think I copied FM's list). I'll get that taken care of.
Attendance is still a mystery honestly, I dont know who all in Macon will be going and I convinced about 10 people at school to go. I'm honestly starting to consider getting back into Melee after this tourney (even though I can't wavedash to save my life) just because it's faster.

Money Match? Well that certainly adds a little bit of an interesting touch.

I'll be heading to school soon but I'll check back afterwords.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Oh snap I seriously thought I had that stage banned (I think I copied FM's list). I'll get that taken care of.
Attendance is still a mystery honestly, I dont know who all in Macon will be going and I convinced about 10 people at school to go. I'm honestly starting to consider getting back into Melee after this tourney (even though I can't wavedash to save my life) just because it's faster.

Money Match? Well that certainly adds a little bit of an interesting touch.

I'll be heading to school soon but I'll check back afterwords.
I'll bring a car full, if I go. So thats 5 people.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't think I can go in for MMs, can't really afford to and I already know I would lose XP
We can MM for a snicker for all I care, haha. Like I said for me it's all in good fun. And don't doubt yourself.

I think I'm going to play an un-likely tourney character too, haha. This should be fun.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Lolz, well I hope u enjoy the tourney, and for MM I honestly don't mind, it's just that I can't really afford afford anything so yeah.... I have pocket lint?

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
We can just call it a friendly.

You should put up an attendance list so everyone can get an idea of how many people should be there.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well its like I said I dont even know how many people will show up. Most of the people here on the Smash boards aren't saying much for this tourney and those that are (for the most part) "might" be there. Many of the people in Warner Robins are saying the same thing, and I dont know whats going on in Macon.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Well its like I said I dont even know how many people will show up. Most of the people here on the Smash boards aren't saying much for this tourney and those that are (for the most part) "might" be there. Many of the people in Warner Robins are saying the same thing, and I dont know whats going on in Macon.
Go to my tournament saturday and I'll promise you 5 people for yours =]

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Umm, how would everyone feel if I started holding Melee tourneys over Brawl (not for this though, this one is set already.)

And no we can't go up north, we really just don't have the resources to do so at this time.... I need a car

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I did too honestly. But Brawl is starting to get boring to me because its so slow and some of the characters are too broken compared to Melee.
Heaven forbid a Metaknight shows up to a tourney

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i should pick up MK and show up. XD That'd be hilarious. Or hell, i wonder if i could con yay or desu into coming down.

But yeah, you start doing melee i probably could drag some people into goin.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
What do u think would be the ratio to Melee players to Brawl? I just want more people to face because I'll never get better at this game without different people beating the hell out of me and me finding out why.

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
It seems like more and more people in Georgia play Melee than Brawl (or at least favor it), so I'd say have a melee tourney too, if time isn't an issue.

I'd love to bring a setup for it, but my melee disc is broken right now. :(

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well its like I said, I can't do it for this tourney because we are dealing with a small building that already has scheduled Brawl, plus we have a Yu-Gi-Oh tourney that day. I just found out Chris was planning a Halo tourney on the same day but I convinced him to move it to Sunday because that just would not have worked at all.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
****ing what?

Wes, you show up, i show up. Done. I havent said a single word to you since you went overseas.

I want my tea and crumpets you owe me, btw. WTF IS A CRUMPET.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
**** with this kind of conversation I should post tournaments 2 months ahead more often. So I'm guessing Melee has popular vote then....
Oh FAIL btw, Scott's copy of Melee is ruined because somehow (I would really like to know how) candle wax got all over the disk and nothing cleans it enough to play. I need another copy of Melee

Top Bottom