• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle GA Brawl Tournament (August 30)

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Lmao? Melee is still around $30.00, even more fail XD

I lent my copy of Melee to tyler, I guess he's getting back into it. After playing a few matches this past weekend it's pretty clear to me that I (and alot of other ppl) took what Melee had for granted... it's just really amazing. I'll probably start playing it again after this tourny.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
this is hosted at a high school, cool. how do u host a tourny at a high school. jw, i am really considering hosting 1, but i dont know where to begin.. can any 1 help please? and 2ndly corneria, i dont see it on fullmetal's list but it looks like its banned on kyd's... if it is banned, why?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll be updating the rules today since Josh sent me the SBR recommendations, whic I fully agree with.A few things will change, including some of the stages.
Also, this is not hosted at a school, this is hosted at Stairway Toys in Macon (read the first post). We have hosted tournaments for our school before and we will do it again, but those will just be local tourneys for Warner Robins if I can start hosting them more often for Stairway Toys.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
k thanks, but can u still help me out on how to host one at a highschool? that will be greatly apriciated. :)

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
**** with this kind of conversation I should post tournaments 2 months ahead more often. So I'm guessing Melee has popular vote then....
Oh FAIL btw, Scott's copy of Melee is ruined because somehow (I would really like to know how) candle wax got all over the disk and nothing cleans it enough to play. I need another copy of Melee
yeah, that was tragic.
and it wasnt mine either...

this is hosted at a high school, cool. how do u host a tourny at a high school. jw, i am really considering hosting 1, but i dont know where to begin.. can any 1 help please? and 2ndly corneria, i dont see it on fullmetal's list but it looks like its banned on kyd's... if it is banned, why?
face kyd in a walled stage...you will see why

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know who said they would bring cake, I don't think anybody did. Cake would be great though. Maybe if people bring some extra cash we can order some Pizzas, LOLz, I never turn down pizza.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
yeah...but it has to be Papa John's. Dominoes suck, and Pizza Hut isnt nearly as good as they used to be.

I might be able to order it, depending on the amount of ppl coming. i know ppl are wondering how. I got me some money saved...well, lets just say the internet pays me ;-)

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Someone toss me a PM and let me know what the pot split for this is.
Got class in a bit, don't have time to read through the thread. X_x;

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
To my knowledge 100% of the pot earnings go to 1st place. I honestly think it would be better to follow the norm and have a second and third place split, but this is the way it's presently set. If you guys disagree then I suggest informing Kyd seeing as he might be willing to change it.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Umm right now the pot is set for 75% 1st and 25% second. I personally have never been a fan of bronze metals so I honestly don't think a 3rd place prize is needed, but if y'all want one just let me know.

EDIT:
I just updated the first post.
If you end up in Macon and have trouble finding the place, you can call me at (478) 397 - 1022. I would prefer not to have stalkers so only call if you are next to the Macon Mall and are lost.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I might play matches in the free time but due to the fact that I'm broke 24/7, and I need to hold on to any small amount of money I get until Tip Off on Sept 13, so I probably won't actually enter the tourney. This just makes it easier for me to manage it though so yeah.... plus I'd hardly be a challenge in Brawl because I really do suck at it.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Chris (the guy who spoke with Stairway Toys and made this possible) has decided at last minute to not show up to our tournament because he just suddenly remembered he had a Yu-Gi-Oh regional tournament to go to. Thankfully this doesn't necessarily cancel our tournament, but takes away the TVs that were planned.

Thankfully I have a friend who said they can supply me with a TV so I can get 1 TV setup there. If there's anyone who wouldn't mind bringing a setup that would be grand. I would like to have 3 at least, but I will settle for just 1 (though MMs may not be possible due to the fact that we have a deadline of 7pm). I will be happy when i get my own place to host tournies so I don't need to worry about people bailing on me (which happens at least 80% of the time). But I will do my best to keep everything on track.

EDIT:
Okay, I've PMed most of the people who came to this thread to see whether or not they are attending. I've sent 19 PMs, and I already know SpeedAce & ScottSadistic are showing up (I would honestly hunt them down if they didn't). So we have a possible 21 from SmashBoards, plus whoever they bring with them. I know for a fact that one of the LOI members will be there, but others are having vague responses.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
sorry, but my little cousin has her batmitsva this weekend and i cannot come to the tournament. hopefully see you at TO3 if all goes according to plan

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
tom, i swear ima im you today, or i might f'n call you. I havent said a word to you since like, g4s5.

We need to talk homie.

__

As for this tourney, jx31 (maybe more) are coming over this weekend for melee, so i'm more than likely not going to go. I was only going for melee anyway.

I might drag all of them maa****ers with me if wes actually goes to this, cause I need some American.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
... crap.... low turnout foreshadowed.....

Anywayz, Dogy.... what day are peoplez going to ur place? Kinda wondering if I could go by there, I don't have enough competition because I either don't see them often or they suck. I honestly didn't think there were other competetive players near Warner Robins apart from me and Josh.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
... crap.... low turnout foreshadowed.....

Anywayz, Dogy.... what day are peoplez going to ur place? Kinda wondering if I could go by there, I don't have enough competition because I either don't see them often or they suck. I honestly didn't think there were other competetive players near Warner Robins apart from me and Josh.
lol, RISING STARZ

But yeah I'm looking forward to this.

Top Bottom