• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle GA Brawl Tournament (August 30)

Alizarin

Smash Rookie
I'll be calling the whole crew when I get back from Ocala, FL. We'll probably be meeting every two weeks until the school year starts back up.

That's what I meant. Practice for the crew...

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
BUMP

the tournament date and time has been confirmed. Updated in first post.

Price is also final, $5 door fee/$5 entry

Stariway Toys is a small store. We will be in with tables outside for when it gets too crowded (fire code b/s) plus we'll be in with a Yu-Gi-Oh crowd as well. I understand that this is troublesome but the store closes around 7 so we needed an early starting time.

I just got my internet back so if any concerns come up let me know ASAP.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
No estimate on the pot yet, to my knowledge. Kyd might have a rough idea of how many people will attend locally.

I might contribute to the prize money if the turnout blows.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well IF we actually had this for LOI, I could have started with $100 in the pot but the tournament wouldn't finish because LOI's sponsor would only stay for 2 hours which isn't enough for this tourney I would hope that enough people statewide show up to give a decent pot for the gas u paid to get there. I'm looking for a job right now, when I get one I'll personally contribute to the pots to make sure people get more than their gas was worth.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
This sounds pretty cool I guess, Augusta isn't really too far from Macon. I might be able to come to this, depending on if I can get that day off of work. And I might can get a few locals to come with me also, we'll see. Any bikini babes or any bonuses of the sort? It would be cool to have hot girls in bikinis walking around with those nifty numbered cards for the rounds.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well this is middle GA, no beaches here. Girls in bikinis, doubt it honestly. Bring as many people as u can but keep in mind that some people might have to stand outside a bit due to fire code.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
The most I can probably get to come is probably like 2 or 3.. but even that might not happen. The scene down here blows.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to pack my stuff and moving to socal. Either way, I hope I get to make it to this, got a estimate on how many people are suppose to be attending?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't have a good estimate, this is the first real tourney we've put on Smash Boards (last one was much smaller and got 3 people from Smash Boards).I honestly wish I had a good idea but I'm trying to get as many people as I can to show up.

Also, the store is in a mall lot and is the ONLY store there, so there will be plenty of parking space.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to this, I'll try my best to make it. It'll be cool to meet everyone and smash it up with you guys. Who cares about the money, the fun is where it's at.. but... the moneys a plus.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well my real concern about money is the winners have enough to at least pay for their gas because the last time we had a tourney our sponsor cheaped out and gave a total of $20 ($13 first, $7 second) which didn't even pay for the drive they took to get there. We're not going with the same sponsor with this tourney so that won't be such a problem.

The terrorist looking guy (with glasses) at the bottom right of the Stairway Toys homepage picture is the LOI member who made this tournament possible, if y'all like the tourney please thank him and the store owner/manager for giving us a spot to play.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Thats cool man, $20 aint nothing. I don't see how a sponsor could do that, that's not even sponsoring... that's more along the lines of a donation more than anything.

The spot looks nice too.

Anybody bringing viennas?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Dunno, I should actually talk about that. At that time we were raising money for LOI but the sponsor was a bit greedy in distributing prizes because it was a joint tournament and the Smash portion alone could have had around $60 prizes. But If we hold another tourney for LOI we've already set aside about $100 for the pot.

Keo

Smash Rookie
Well this is middle GA, no beaches here. Girls in bikinis, doubt it honestly. Bring as many people as u can but keep in mind that some people might have to stand outside a bit due to fire code.
This conserns me abit, how many people can be in there a time?

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Everything sounds good to me, all I got to do is get that day off and make sure nothing else is going down that day. Would you guys need anything? TV? Wii? Copies of Brawl?

I'm willing to help with whatever.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Well my real concern about money is the winners have enough to at least pay for their gas because the last time we had a tourney our sponsor cheaped out and gave a total of $20 ($13 first, $7 second) which didn't even pay for the drive they took to get there. We're not going with the same sponsor with this tourney so that won't be such a problem.

The terrorist looking guy (with glasses) at the bottom right of the Stairway Toys homepage picture is the LOI member who made this tournament possible, if y'all like the tourney please thank him and the store owner/manager for giving us a spot to play.
wait wait are we playing for a pot or are they going to give out like 100 bucks to the winner? Thats not a lot >.<

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
wait wait are we playing for a pot or are they going to give out like 100 bucks to the winner? Thats not a lot >.<
This tourny's prize will based on the amount of participants, so there won't be a set amount of prize money. Although I thought tournaments were mainly about enjoying the game, gaining experience, and socializing, not how much money you could potentially win.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Everything sounds good to me, all I got to do is get that day off and make sure nothing else is going down that day. Would you guys need anything? TV? Wii? Copies of Brawl?

I'm willing to help with whatever.
Umm if you can contribute a TV and console that would be great because we are still looking for some.

Pot, $5 of every entry will go into it. If you want a better pot bring friends.

This conserns me abit, how many people can be in there a time?
I honestly don't know, but the fact that a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament will start around 2 will definately add to the crowd. Yu-Gi-Oh is quite the cash cow there because that's the only place that holds tournaments for it so I strongly doubt they would cancel that for us.

ALSO, we do not have vid capture cards (and probably no cameras) so we more than likely won't be recording any of the matches.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
ALSO, we do not have vid capture cards (and probably no cameras) so we more than likely won't be recording any of the matches.
Get old school with it, get a VCR and hit that record button. haha.

Either that or you can always save the replays and upload from the SD card.

And I can possibly bring a tv, but the one that I use doesn't have av jacks, I have a vcr hooked up to it and run the av jacks through that.

Whatever works though.

Keo

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't know, but the fact that a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament will start around 2 will definately add to the crowd. Yu-Gi-Oh is quite the cash cow there because that's the only place that holds tournaments for it so I strongly doubt they would cancel that for us.

The Match recording is fine, but honestly like I said that worries me. HEY, don't expect me not to be there lol
Honestly, I'll try and bring a few people, but Newon is a very boring place.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well bringing a VCR for the purpose of hooking it up for the Wii to TV is fine. Right now we have 2 confirmed Wii systems and 2 possible ones(Josh...) here in Warner Robins. TVs are a bit of a wildcard because I didn't know the store couldn't supply them but Chris probably already thought about that and got some for this. So far it seems like a decent amount of people will show up because I have people here in Wartown willing to go (only a couple of them being advanced).

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Well, like I said if you need something just let me know. I'm trying to get a good friend of mine to go up there with me. He's pretty good, not to big on the advanced stuff though.

Is someone bringing cake? Someone mentioned cake.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
eh, i dunno.

if i show up (which might happen, who knows), i'd be willing to bring a vcr or 2 (maybe 3) and record/capture stuff.

I think the only stipulation to that would be there'd HAVE to be a melee setup whether i bring it or not, cause i'd stab myself otherwise. >.>

Kinda depends on what's happening at the time, this semester is going to be crazy as hell with me student teaching. :|

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
DogySamich said:
eh, i dunno.

if i show up (which might happen, who knows), i'd be willing to bring a vcr or 2 (maybe 3) and record/capture stuff.

I think the only stipulation to that would be there'd HAVE to be a melee setup whether i bring it or not, cause i'd stab myself otherwise. >.>

Kinda depends on what's happening at the time, this semester is going to be crazy as hell with me student teaching. :|
Well we don't really have the room for a Melee setup (which now I'm honestly starting to miss Melee). It would be nice if you show up (with or without equipment) either way.
Also, if this tournament goes over well enough I'm sure they would be willing to host more and have some times where they won't hold Yu-Gi-Oh so we have the bulding for the day. This would give us the space for a Melee setup (possibly a seperate Melee tourney).

WildStar said:
Is someone bringing cake? Someone mentioned cake.
No I don't have any information regarding cake.

EDIT:
WTF? DogySamich u live in Kathleen? Where at man I just moved there myself...

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
WildStar said:
Can someone atleast tell me how the girls look up there? Cause if there not all that great I'm coming in my PJ's.
Well go for it, nobody to impress here, but I don't really know about Macon girls, doubt they're any better.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I was kidding about the whole girls thing, my girl lives in Atlanta anyways. But if you need a tv for sure or anything, let me know so I'll have time to unhook all this crap the night before. How long is this expecting to last anyways?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
This tourny's prize will based on the amount of participants, so there won't be a set amount of prize money. Although I thought tournaments were mainly about enjoying the game, gaining experience, and socializing, not how much money you could potentially win.
Actually I play this game for money. That's pretty much it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
EDIT:
WTF? DogySamich u live in Kathleen? Where at man I just moved there myself...
In Eagles Bluff, offa Houston Lake.

I've always lived in Kathleen, i just was in school at VSU for the past 4 years.

Im actually still in school, im just student teaching this semester (my last semester), and im doing it here so that i dont have to deal with stupid people and find a 6 month lease.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
DogySamich said:
In Eagles Bluff, offa Houston Lake.

I've always lived in Kathleen, i just was in school at VSU for the past 4 years.

Im actually still in school, im just student teaching this semester (my last semester), and im doing it here so that i dont have to deal with stupid people and find a 6 month lease.
Afraid I dont know where that is but anywho....

WildStar said:
I was kidding about the whole girls thing, my girl lives in Atlanta anyways. But if you need a tv for sure or anything, let me know so I'll have time to unhook all this crap the night before. How long is this expecting to last anyways?
Okay you were just persistent in asking so I figured I'd give you an answer. I will speak with Chris today and find out what supplies we'll need and get back to you when I get out of school today.

~^.NoiR.^~ said:
Actually I play this game for money. That's pretty much it.
That's actually kind of sad

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Afraid I dont know where that is but anywho....

Okay you were just persistent in asking so I figured I'd give you an answer. I will speak with Chris today and find out what supplies we'll need and get back to you when I get out of school today.

That's actually kind of sad
Reasoning?

Top Bottom