• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Mewtwo getting replaced by Lucario would be the worst thing ever. Feel free to blame me if it happens though, as I'm a jinx so all the characters I'd like to be in aren't.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If Mewtwo is kicked out, replaced by Lucario, and Jigglypuff gets to stay...
I will add Sakurai to the list of the few people I hate and will call everything good he ever did just a lucky mistake.
If he's going to do that, he might as well give Captain Falcon a gun and buff his recovery, let Sheik return with some better kill moves and bring in Wolf with a reflector that functions as an instant-win button.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Voted.

As for the supposed revelation that Mewtwo has been replaced by Lucario, I don't think any news we've heard from brawl yet has unsettled me as much, even if it isn't confirmed. Nothing against Lucario (admittedly, if it was jigglypuff being replaced I'd have no qualms about it whatsoever), but this isn't a trade off I approve of in the slightest.

Hopefully the entire thing is utter BS, but it really has me worried now.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Im sorry but I have to use some logic now.

IF this was said weeks ago than why are we just now hearing this. . .from ONE person at that? FAQ is like a fisturing pot of fans who will move at brake neck speed to spread rumors and untrue info even without the least bit of proof other than "he-said-she-said" so why would such a thing be low key till now?

This just sounds like a big "he-said-she-said" case to me.

We have one person saying that so-and-so said (which we have no proof of this person saying this other than their "word") that Serebii said (we haven't even seen proof that she said serebii said this. .. ) that serebii's sorces say Lucario is replacing the villian of the pokemon series. . . .

Am I the only one who aint buying this?:ohwell:

This nasty little rumor going around that the greatest Pokémon in gaming history has been benched for a rookie he could waste in two seconds has gone far enough. It's a lie, and there is no proof whatsoever that anyone with any credibility said this.

smashbot226 said:
Lucario would become an AT?
Umm, Pokémon have Poké Balls buddy, they don’t come out of Assist Trophies.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
As for the supposed revelation that Mewtwo has been replaced by Lucario, I don't think any news we've heard from brawl yet has unsettled me as much, even if it isn't confirmed. Nothing against Lucario (admittedly, if it was jigglypuff being replaced I'd have no qualms about it whatsoever), but this isn't a trade off I approve of in the slightest.

Hopefully the entire thing is utter BS, but it really has me worried now.
QFT (Except for the Jigglypuff thing;))

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Serebii does have connections of sorts: he knew all the english Diamond/Pearl Pokemon and attack names about a month before it came out in the US, and then some drama with another website person made him spill the info weeks before he was supposed to. He was even apparently afraid of legal actions and such, since apologized to any representatives in the update, heh...

Perhaps that legal fear is what is keeping his mouth mostly shut about all this. But since I believe him, I am happy and sad for two reasons:

1. We will indeed see a couple new characters tomorrow!
2. Say goodbye to Mewtwo. A few weeks back a moderator of serebii.net, LadyCelebi, posted on GFAQs that serebii Joe's sources indicated that Lucario surprisingly replaced Mewtwo from Melee. She talked about him saying that he "says he shouldnt know what he knows", and thats exactly what he said on that site... .
Read #1. That was proven false. It's easy to assume that #2 is also a complete fabrication, as well.

courte

Smash Lord
while i'd like to see mewtwo return ::not if it means no lucariocough: im torn on how

he was one of the few unique characters you'd unlock, and his moves were distinct

but would the only possible path to make him better be changing all of his moves

and also dear loard what if lucario is mewtwos fast strong clone?! ofcourse kicks where the tail is

Fawriel

Smash Master
Read #1. That was proven false. It's easy to assume that #2 is also a complete fabrication, as well.
Boom-shacka-lacka-boom-shacka-lacka-boom-boom!

Yeah, I guess we shouldn't be so quick to trust these sources... I guess I let my pessimism impair my judgment...
Sakurai wouldn't do such a dumb thing. Hopefully. *nods*

If one good thing were to come out of this rumor, it's that so many people were upset when they thought Mewtwo was gone. Even non-supporters seemed disappointed. This goes to show just how popular and superior Mewtwo is.

Chepe

Smash Lord
. . . Im sorry but I have to use some logic now.

IF this was said weeks ago than why are we just now hearing this. . .from ONE person at that? FAQ is like a fisturing pot of fans who will move at brake neck speed to spread rumors and untrue info even without the least bit of proof other than "he-said-she-said" so why would such a thing be low key till now?

This just sounds like a big "he-said-she-said" case to me.

We have one person saying that so-and-so said (which we have no proof of this person saying this other than their "word") that Serebii said (we haven't even seen proof that she said serebii said this. .. ) that serebii's sorces say Lucario is replacing the villian of the pokemon series. . . .

Am I the only one who aint buying this?:ohwell:
Thats all fine and dandy if you dont believe me, but the reason why it hasnt spread is that many people on GFAQs pretty much ignored her and thought her a troll. I didnt believe it much either, so I never thought of seriously posting it. But I still remember her words... First it was "Lucario has replaced Mewtwo in Brawl!" then when people called BS on her, she said "Serebii Joe knows more than any of us" among other things like "He barely told me a while ago in fact I shouldnt really be saying it", and people still ignored her. But since Serebii is in fact claiming he knows stuff he shouldnt...

I wouldnt believe it either if I hadnt heard Serebii's posts in that N Europe thread. He doesnt BS about this stuff... Just know theres a possibility. but then theres also the chance that his sources are wrong, so remain hopeful... ;)

This nasty little rumor going around that the greatest Pokémon in gaming history has been benched for a rookie he could waste in two seconds has gone far enough. It's a lie, and there is no proof whatsoever that anyone with any credibility said this.
I am not lying that LadyCelebi said this. You swear Im coming in here trying to destablize Mewtwo's supporters for giggles or something. I just thought that if it was anywhere close to a real possibility, that I should inform others of it to soften the blow if it comes. If LadyCelebi is the one lying, or if Serebii's sources were off, then your post will be justified against them. Im just reporting what I have read...

Thats what I thought at first too, but the clarification thread by Serebii shows that his N Europe posts never said for sure there were new characters. Someone asked him if there are new characters in the starting line up and he said "If you mean that have been revealed then I think theres a couple but other than that, I do not know". Doesnt sound like he was entirely sure, so it was my fault among other people's that we blew his quote here way out of proportion (but dont get ideas about arguing against the Lucario quote with this, that was in absolute)...

Guys, I support Mewtwo too, in fact I think I have posted in this thread my support for him. I may be a fan of Lucario, but Id be totally horrified if he replaced Mewtwo as well!

You swear Im coming in here trying to destablize Mewtwo's supporters for giggles or something.
That's exactly what I think. I'm not saying that these credible people from other forums are lying. I'm saying you are. You have yet to show us a single shred of evidence that this is anything more than a ****-and-bull story from your own mind.

Chepe

Smash Lord
That's exactly what I think. I'm not saying that these credible people from other forums are lying. I'm saying you are. You have yet to show us a single shred of evidence that this is anything more than a ****-and-bull story from your own mind.
Then thats your own fault. I explained why I cant bring up the topic where she said it. Its because IT IS PURGED. And if you really believe that I came to **** with people's minds, heres a post from me on page 20 of this thread, unedited. It was made a a week or two before LadyCelebi said what she said:

What peeves me is that people have the nerve to say Jigglypuff has a better chance than Mewtwo to return, because of the tiers! Thats absurd. Mewtwo actually holds a title and position in the series, while Jigglypuff was a fad of Pokemon. If Lucario is to replace one, it will be Jiggs, trust.

I would be sad to see Jiggs go, but Lucario is the new fad type Pokemon, and the series needs more badass characters to undo that cutesy facade...
I am still a Mewtwo supporter, but I thought I should tell everyone what I heard just in case it comes true so people wouldnt die from shock... I am not pulling a stunt here... :(

Machete

Smash Ace
Replacing Mewtwo with Lucario is like replacing Bowser with Daisy.

C'mon, Sakurai, Mewtwo mains need some love. :( We deserve a buffed Mewtwo. :(

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Thats what I thought at first too, but the clarification thread by Serebii shows that his N Europe posts never said for sure there were new characters. Someone asked him if there are new characters in the starting line up and he said "If you mean that have been revealed then I think theres a couple but other than that, I do not know". Doesnt sound like he was entirely sure, so it was my fault among other people's that we blew his quote here way out of proportion (but dont get ideas about arguing against the Lucario quote with this, that was in absolute)...
The guy in the clarification thread also claimed to check the Dojo every day, so there is no way in hell he doesn't know every character revealed there. Somewhere down the line, there was some BS.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The guy in the clarification thread also claimed to check the Dojo every day, so there is no way in hell he doesn't know every character revealed there. Somewhere down the line, there was some BS.
Hmm, I never caught that, you are right! Well, perhaps if he only checked the front page really fast to see if there was a Pokemon update, but thats still odd huh?

Maybe theres more hope than I thought. :chuckle:

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats all fine and dandy if you dont believe me, but the reason why it hasnt spread is that many people on GFAQs pretty much ignored her and thought her a troll. I didnt believe it much either, so I never thought of seriously posting it. But I still remember her words... First it was "Lucario has replaced Mewtwo in Brawl!" then when people called BS on her, she said "Serebii Joe knows more than any of us" among other things like "He barely told me a while ago in fact I shouldnt really be saying it", and people still ignored her. But since Serebii is in fact claiming he knows stuff he shouldnt...
The problem is that theres not one single stread of proof this happaned. You say people called BS on her . . . .where are these people now? Why are you the only person who says this? Why hasn't she said this to the peeps on Serebii.net? Why hasn't anyone else who saw this and called BS on her stepping up and saying "ya know what, so-and-so said Lucario will replace M2 awell back and now we know she actually knows Serebii. . . might be right"? What proof is there that any of this happened? And for that matter how do we know the Serebii here was even the real serebii? He got banned.

Really, Im sorry but the things against your claims greatly out number the one thing that says people should believe you . . .your word.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, I definitely recall Chepe giving support for Mewtwo in the past (though it might have been in a different thread), so I don't think he's pulling a stunt here.

Still, the more I hear about this LadyCerebii, the less credible I think she is. Considering how secretive SerebiiJoe is about this I find it odd that he simply told her, and if he did tell her I would've thought he would trust her not to say anything. Plus, it's likely she knew that SerebiiJoe couldn't say anything on the matter so could've used that to her advantage.

Yeah, I'm not entirely reassured but I'm starting to have doubts now.:ohwell:

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Serebii said:
I did not leak information. I would not leak information. Any information I have I have been sworn to secrecy.
How did LadyCelebi or whoever find out the news initially if Serebii didn't tell her? I don't believe Chepe is trying to troll us, but I think he might be... confused. Or just really pessimistic.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The problem is that theres not one single stread of proof this happaned. You say people called BS on her . . . .where are these people now? Why are you the only person who says this? Why hasn't she said this to the peeps on Serebii.net? Why hasn't anyone else who saw this and called BS on her stepping up and saying "ya know what, so-and-so said Lucario will replace M2 awell back and now we know she actually knows Serebii. . . might be right"? What proof is there that any of this happened? And for that matter how do we know the Serebii here was even the real serebii? He got banned.

Really, Im sorry but the things against your claims greatly out number the one thing that says people should believe you . . .your word.
Do you go on Gamefaqs message boards? It is a HUUUUUGE sea of threads and users, theres no way I remeber all these people who said this, theres way too many users overthere! What I remember however is an Anti-Lucario thread where I was defending Lucario (yet scolding people for saying he could replace Mewtwo), and then this LadyCelebi chick pops out of nowhere and says that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, and that the people responding to the thread were not believing it (including me). But then again, I didnt know she was a mod of serebii forums yet (found out yesterday and is what made me post that in the first place)...

She probably hasnt told anyone at serebii.net (which I dont go to much) because she isnt supposed to. She said something like she could get in trouble or something in that thread... As for the other questions, I got no answers. They are just further complications. But seriously, I doubt any of you recognize from around the forums, but I have never been one to troll or spew BS for the heck of it. I am an honest member here, trust...

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
^Hmm, here's a question. Are you sure the person at GameFAQs was actually LadyCelebi and not some troll claiming to be her?

I guess I do believe you're not trying to troll us, but are you sure you weren't tricked?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Do you go on Gamefaqs message boards? It is a HUUUUUGE sea of threads and users, theres no way I remeber all these people who said this, theres way too many users overthere! What I remember however is an Anti-Lucario thread where I was defending Lucario (yet scolding people for saying he could replace Mewtwo), and then this LadyCelebi chick pops out of nowhere and says that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, and that the people responding to the thread were not believing it (including me). But then again, I didnt know she was a mod of serebii forums yet (found out yesterday and is what made me post that in the first place)...
I never said YOU had to remember anyone. You said people where calling BS on her, a memeber that you remember from that site. I was saying that why is it that YOU are the only person in the "HUUUUUGE sea of threads and users" that remembers this? The way I see it some other people would have stepped up to confirm this seeing as people saw, read and replied to her post well calling it BS at the time (according to you).

It simply doesn't make sense IMO. Only one person in that whole site is claiming this happened.
And I trust people who claim things as I do. . . .as in, the "theres no use in thinking someone will or should believe you unless you can prove your claims" way. Really, "your word" is worth nothing over the web without something to back it up. Sorry to tell you but I can't take your word for jack.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
But.. didin't Serebii himself made a disclaimer saying that it was a lie in smash brawl general threads? or it was about another thing...

althought he has stood silent when if asked directly if lucario replaced mewtwo, responding yes or no would cause a major information leak that he is supposed to maintain, so I think taht his silent means nothing more that he is a wise guy...

I wouldn't mind to see Lucario in brawl, but if he replaces mewtwo, i will make that fleabag my new sandbag!!! :mad:

as for the buff that M2 must have i had an idea for buffing confusion and at the same time make it unique and Mewtwoness Pshyquic! here is my idea:

when the hit box of confusion actualy hits any "refleactable" projectile attack (link's arrow, Samus charge beam, turnips, bombs, etc...) he, instead of changing the direction of the projectile or refecting it, "Captures" that projectile and "Store" it like if it was thrownable item, being able to thrown it like if it was an actual throwing item, and the projectile would do the damage that it was meant to do, as for example, capturing and throwing a mario fireball would be a subtle help, in the other hand capturing a fully charged samus beam would be a powerful weapon in M2's hands...

Also, when M2 already have stored any item, or projectile, if he agains makes a forward B, he would thrown any item or projectile he have "captured" with the freaky shadowball trajectory making it actually really confusing, and so, making it honor to the name...

Pros and Cons compared to a normal reflective attack

Cons:
-Lacks the speed and surpise factor of a normal reflected attack
-couldn't "reflect" nothing as long as he already have an item or projectile

Pros:
-Coolness
-Mewtwoness
-makes use of the great "item throwing" mewtwo's pshyquic capacities
-gives place to unique "setups"

Diferences with peach turnips:
-It can't autogenerate its projectiles (making it useless in itemless settings or against opponents without ranged attack or who doesn't use them)
-doesn't depend of luck
-Doesn't bump, one times it hits dissapear (unless the original proyectile didn't)
-possibility of launching them in a non gravity influenced trajectory (Shadowball trajectory)

well, what do you think of this idea?

Chepe

Smash Lord
I wont try to convince anyone anymore. If you believe it, fine, if not, cool. Whether it happens or doesnt happen, just remember it was this LadyCelebi who stated it first...

Let all further discussion of Mewtwo continue! SvartWolf, I like your idea of Confusion! Yes, it could be called Psychic instead (if that werent his Final Smash like Id predict), and it would make Mewtwo that much funner to play. If not that, then at least MAKE HIS REFLECTED PROJECTILES HIT OTHERS Sakurai gosh! The Melee team really must have been on crack or something thinking that Mewtwo needed a non hurting reflection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom