• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Glad to see trhis madness is over.
Now then...

as for the buff that M2 must have i had an idea for buffing confusion and at the same time make it unique and Mewtwoness Pshyquic! here is my idea:

when the hit box of confusion actualy hits any "refleactable" projectile attack (link's arrow, Samus charge beam, turnips, bombs, etc...) he, instead of changing the direction of the projectile or refecting it, "Captures" that projectile and "Store" it like if it was thrownable item, being able to thrown it like if it was an actual throwing item, and the projectile would do the damage that it was meant to do, as for example, capturing and throwing a mario fireball would be a subtle help, in the other hand capturing a fully charged samus beam would be a powerful weapon in M2's hands...

Also, when M2 already have stored any item, or projectile, if he agains makes a forward B, he would thrown any item or projectile he have "captured" with the freaky shadowball trajectory making it actually really confusing, and so, making it honor to the name...

Pros and Cons compared to a normal reflective attack

Cons:
-Lacks the speed and surpise factor of a normal reflected attack
-couldn't "reflect" nothing as long as he already have an item or projectile

Pros:
-Coolness
-Mewtwoness
-makes use of the great "item throwing" mewtwo's pshyquic capacities
-gives place to unique "setups"

Diferences with peach turnips:
-It can't autogenerate its projectiles (making it useless in itemless settings or against opponents without ranged attack or who doesn't use them)
-doesn't depend of luck
-Doesn't bump, one times it hits dissapear (unless the original proyectile didn't)
-possibility of launching them in a non gravity influenced trajectory (Shadowball trajectory)

well, what do you think of this idea?
It's a good idea.
It seems much more useful than the current Confusion.
I approve.

Machete

Smash Ace
IMHO, Mewtwo should have Recover... It was one of his most recognizable moves (yeah, there are more pokémon able to learn this attack, but Mewtwo=Recover+Psychic..., in the first Pokémon games, at least).

IMHO, Mewtwo should have Recover... It was one of his most recognizable moves (yeah, there are more pokémon able to learn this attack, but Mewtwo=Recover+Psychic..., in the first Pokémon games, at least).
That's one of my choices, but a lot of people think even small amounts of damage percentage would be broken.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's the one move I would change completely. I just don't know with what.
Well, here's a list of changes I said could be made
Hmm, based on those suggestions, here's how I'd envision his changes....

*Faster running speed, less lag when starting up if nothing else.

*Longer range on grabs, where does it say that mewtwo has to touch it to grab something?

*Gliding ability, see my post above this one i quoted.

*Stronger attacks, mewtwo is known for its TREMENDOUS attack.

*Faster attack speed, Mewtwo is also known for its blindingly fast speed.

*Improved or changed B>, B^ and BV, self explanatory:

My variations:
B> Tri-attack: Mewtwo crossses its arms, and shoots off a 3 colored beam, with the effect
of fire, electricity, or ice. Shorter range than Shadow ball, but much faster.
BV Barrier: Similar to Zelda's B, but repels players inside of its distance as well, with moderate damage. If players run into it, they will be knocked back with minor damage.
B^ Teleport: Same as previous one, but like Meta Knights Bv, attacks once it reappears. If it connects to something in the air, Mewtwo can perform it again.

*Larger size, Mewtwo is only like TWICE Pikachu's size in melee, WTF?? 6'7" vs 1'4"??

*More weight, 269lbs ain't that big, but certainly ain't small.

*More knockback in attacks, so he can send a Rhyhorn flying in the movie, but can't do it to Pichu and Jigglypuff in Melee?

*Different A,A,A attacks, were these ever useful in Melee??

*Keep everything else, floatyness was what made him KING of recovery.

Well, what do ya guys think? MEWTWO FOR BRAWL!! :chuckle:
I'm fine with just the stats and a couple of move changes though :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
I love that idea for B-forward, and I also agree that B-down probably needs to be completely changed. I hope he's a formidable character in Brawl.

Machete

Smash Ace
That's one of my choices, but a lot of people think even small amounts of damage percentage would be broken.
Well, it would recover a bit more than PSI Magnet, but he needs some time to recover it.

So, if you hit Mewtwo when he's recovering, he wouldn't recover nothing at all.

Mewtwo was a weak character in Melee... he's supposedly one of the most powerful pokémons, he needs a huge buff...

And Psychic for his Final Smash, Mewtwo without Psychic is a crime against humanity.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Possible M2 VB moves:

Barrier (Attack Deflector)
Recover (Heals you. Some people might think it's broken)
Me First (AKA Counter. No thx)
Swift (Another Projectile? I doubt it...)
Psych Up (Copies item effects. Too situational for my tastes)
Safeguard (Projectile Absorber. Interesting...)
Future Sight (Far too situational)
Disable (AKA no change in move, just buffing it a bit)

Comments?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Possible M2 VB moves:

Barrier (Attack Deflector)I see this working definitely
Recover (Heals you. Some people might think it's broken)Maybe if its like it PSI magnet, but stronger
Me First (AKA Counter. No thx)Ditto
Swift (Another Projectile? I doubt it...)Tri-attack before swift :p
Psych Up (Copies item effects. Too situational for my tastes)Possibly....
Safeguard (Projectile Absorber. Interesting...)Could work nicely
Future Sight (Far too situational):dizzy:
Disable (AKA no change in move, just buffing it a bit)Well buffing would suffice

Comments?
Is there anything else?

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Possible M2 VB moves:

Barrier (Attack Deflector)
Safeguard (Projectile Absorber. Interesting...)
@Barrier: Yeah mewtwo need a high tier move like reflector.

@Safegaurd: Its like a PSI Magnet. "This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage." unless this just absorbed any projectile. If they do this i want it to come out on frame 1 like reflector.

How about:

Calm Mind: Mewtwo assumes a meditative pose. While doing this, he gains super armor indefinitely (but can still be grabbed) until you release the move. For those unfamiliar with the term, it means Mewtwo can't flinch, but he still takes damage. This could save Mewtwo from strong hits, especially projectiles.

Though I suppose Safeguard would be that, but better... I tried to be creative.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wow, Mewtwo beat Geno....Wow.....But now he fights Sonic...We need all the support we can get!

@Dp, I could see that working, especially since Mewtwo is a big target.

Boofer

Smash Ace
as for the buff that M2 must have i had an idea for buffing confusion and at the same time make it unique and Mewtwoness Pshyquic! here is my idea:

when the hit box of confusion actualy hits any "refleactable" projectile attack (link's arrow, Samus charge beam, turnips, bombs, etc...) he, instead of changing the direction of the projectile or refecting it, "Captures" that projectile and "Store" it like if it was thrownable item, being able to thrown it like if it was an actual throwing item, and the projectile would do the damage that it was meant to do, as for example, capturing and throwing a mario fireball would be a subtle help, in the other hand capturing a fully charged samus beam would be a powerful weapon in M2's hands...

Also, when M2 already have stored any item, or projectile, if he agains makes a forward B, he would thrown any item or projectile he have "captured" with the freaky shadowball trajectory making it actually really confusing, and so, making it honor to the name...

Pros and Cons compared to a normal reflective attack

Cons:
-Lacks the speed and surpise factor of a normal reflected attack
-couldn't "reflect" nothing as long as he already have an item or projectile

Pros:
-Coolness
-Mewtwoness
-makes use of the great "item throwing" mewtwo's pshyquic capacities
-gives place to unique "setups"

Diferences with peach turnips:
-It can't autogenerate its projectiles (making it useless in itemless settings or against opponents without ranged attack or who doesn't use them)
-doesn't depend of luck
-Doesn't bump, one times it hits dissapear (unless the original proyectile didn't)
-possibility of launching them in a non gravity influenced trajectory (Shadowball trajectory)

well, what do you think of this idea?
This is an incredibly badass idea imo. I'd like to add one thing though. How about being able to catch and store more than one projectile at once? As long as you hold B>, you can catch projectiles coming at you from the front. There would have to be limits though, of course...Maybe the limit should be based on the amout of total damage it would have done; ie you couldn't hold more than one fully charged Samus shot, but you could hold about 3 or 4 of mario's fire balls?

As for Mewtwo's VB, I wouldn't mind seeing buffs to Disable. With a bit more range, this thing would be devastating.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Is there anything else?
Not without going to TMs. Thx

@Safegaurd: Its like a PSI Magnet. "This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage." unless this just absorbed any projectile. If they do this i want it to come out on frame 1 like reflector.
I originally envisioned it as a sort of barrier shield that destroys projectiles that gets near it.
I like your idea, too, though.

How about:

Calm Mind: Mewtwo assumes a meditative pose. While doing this, he gains super armor indefinitely (but can still be grabbed) until you release the move. For those unfamiliar with the term, it means Mewtwo can't flinch, but he still takes damage. This could save Mewtwo from strong hits, especially projectiles.

Though I suppose Safeguard would be that, but better... I tried to be creative.
Actually, it's pretty different from Safeguard.
Sounds useful. Also, couldn't you use Down moves while doing it?

This is an incredibly badass idea imo. I'd like to add one thing though. How about being able to catch and store more than one projectile at once? As long as you hold B>, you can catch projectiles coming at you from the front. There would have to be limits though, of course...Maybe the limit should be based on the amout of total damage it would have done; ie you couldn't hold more than one fully charged Samus shot, but you could hold about 3 or 4 of mario's fire balls?
Sounds good.

For a Down-B move he could have Mirror Coat.

Any projectiles he's hit with, wont damage him. Instead, it'll damage the person who fired it.
M2 does not learn Mirror Coat.
At all.
Not that it's a bad idea or anything

Actually, it's pretty different from Safeguard.
Sounds useful. Also, couldn't you use Down moves while doing it?
Well I envisioned it as something like Fox's Reflector (shine for you competitive types) in terms of how you maintain it. So you can't really do anything until you drop the move. But yea, that could also work.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I had an idea that if Mewtwo had Barrier for his Down B it should give him like 4-6 seconds of super armor and can only be used 3 times per stock and is stackable...

and if Confusion doesnt get the catch projectiles treatment then I think it should be replaced with his old Down B, Disable with increased range and can stun people in the air...

I had an idea that if Mewtwo had Barrier for his Down B it should give him like 4-6 seconds of super armor and can only be used 3 times per stock and is stackable...
Well super armor isn't as good as something that deflects (which stops the knockback and the damage, and may do damage to the opponent), so such a limit may not be a good idea.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
hey! Disable is actually a good move and have a lot of mewtwoness and originality, The only improvement that it should get is a distance improvement of 1.5 times, or at best 2.0 times, more would be heavly broken... IMO... also im not very fond of recover, cause it would need to be a too small amount of damage to not being insanely broken... (like 1% for each three seconds) because if you played teleporting and dogding a lot,, you could easly mantain your damage in 30% being almost imposible to kill... we don't want a broken character, do we?:lick:

Also, shadowball is a good move as it is, and for teleport, i would reduce the lag at the end of teleport, altought if you actually teleport and don't land in the ground, you can reduce greatly the lag... another improvement that could be done to teleport, but IMO would be a bit broken, is if mewtwo would be able to still make any attack he wants except for another teleport once the teleport is done , instead of not being able to do anything... much like sonic's up b...

um... someone pointed that mewto should be bigger... i mean BIGGER!? he actually is really big and believe me that isn't exactly a way to buff him ¬¬ (and in melee his size was alright, pikachu was too big!). he needs instead more weight, he is too easly vertical KOed...

Boofer said: This is an incredibly badass idea imo. I'd like to add one thing though. How about being able to catch and store more than one projectile at once? As long as you hold B>, you can catch projectiles coming at you from the front. There would have to be limits though, of course...Maybe the limit should be based on the amout of total damage it would have done; ie you couldn't hold more than one fully charged Samus shot, but you could hold about 3 or 4 of mario's fire balls?
not a bad idea, taking in mind how a rain of mario fireballs would be funny to unleash...the other options are that mewtwo have the special abbility to hold up to three items, making specially deadly combos with weapons, or that this projectile captured is stored in a different "slot" that the item slot, but this ideas are also a bit broken IMO :ohwell:

i have in minds other buffs, but i will guard the for another post :chuckle:

What about Pikachu's B Move?
Well that's not a real move to begin with, but it can be likened to Thundershock, which they can learn. I knew someone would get me on this one... Well of the real moves, they only get the ones they learn in the games. Better?

Pikachu and Pichu, meet Skull Bash. Never met it before, but it seems kind of interesting, right?
Pikachu could learn Skull Bash in Red, Blue in Yellow, I think.

EDIT: ****, no it can't.

EDIT 2: Yes it can, ha!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well what if it didnt get a limit to how many Barriers could be up and the lag both startup and ending is practically the same as shielding...

Fawriel

Smash Master
When looking for special moves, you should have a certain function in mind. Not just "how can I make this character good", but "what can I do to complete this character's style?"

In Melee, they seemed to aim at making Mewtwo the creepy manipulator type...
I'll go ahead and quote myself...

Well. Assuming that they don't change Mewtwo's style too much, although they should, he will probably remain the psycho with some mean tricks up his sleeve, as can be seen in all of his b moves. Shadow Ball not only kills, it can also be used while charging up, which is pretty cool... Teleport is one of the most potentially versatile moves in the game... Disable is supposed to be a cool trick which was unfortunately pre-nerfed to nigh unusability... and Confusion... ****ed if I know what that's supposed to be.
All of these characterize Mewtwo as a fearsome enemy who messed with his opponents.

Some ideas what his useless moves could be changed to:

Down-B: Mist
Yep, he can learn that. In the game, it prevents ability reduction... but in Brawl, it could make Mewtwo charge up his mind for a second to cause thick, white mist to appear around him...
Everything within this Mist seems blurry to the viewer, and to top it off, the motion of all characters within the mist will appear choppy. You can only see every 3rd or maybe 5th frame of a character's motions! This increases Mewtwo's unpredictability by a ton.
The cloud of mist, which is pretty large, follows him around, but starts fading away very slowly. The process of fading is drastically sped up momentarily if Mewtwo moves at high speeds ( after being smashes ) or if a powerful move occurs within it.

>B: Barrier
Mewtwo does a Confusion-like motion and makes a barrier of imaginary glass appear! It's invisible except for some subtle shiny effects, it's almost as tall as Mewtwo himself and has close to zero width. Still, it is inpenetrable as long as it is out, but as soon as an attack hits it, it wobbles for a second, then shatters.
Only one barrier can be out at a time.

These would make Mewtwo the ultimate trick character.
Also, to capitalize on the psycho-ness...

Now that I think about it, Psychic is a brilliant idea. Extremely obvious, but brilliant.
I mean, Mewtwo is all about the grabs and stuff. So why not pull a Bowser and give him a special move that's also a grab?
It would be a little slower than Bowser's Klaw, but be even more dangerous... after pulling the opponent into the attack, Mewtwo quickly has to either press forward or down.
Forward would make him shoot the opponent forward with power similar to Peach's f-throw...
Down would make him slam the opponent downwards. If they hit the floor, it causes pretty high damage and can start a combo, if they don't, it only causes 1%... but acts as a spike.
And of course, blue shiny aura.

On the other hand. In his games, Mewtwo was the ultimate special sweeper. He rushed down whole teams and destroyed them before they could even attempt to defend themselves! In my opinion, this should be reflected in his abilities in Brawl. It's a cute idea to have him be all omfgEVIL by making him a manipulative ******* in a way... but it just doesn't work that way, and it's not true to the character.
I've said it before and I'll repeat it as often as I have to, make him a floaty Captain Falcon. If an abomination like that can get super-strength, super-speed and still high weight and a lengthy recovery, then I'll be ****ed if Mewtwo doesn't deserve similar treatment.

Now, what kind of moves would lend well to a rushdown strategy? Maybe a faster projectile, a power-up move that powers up the next move Mewtwo uses, temporary no-flinch-frames for an undisturbed approach, an instant-combo-starter-mindgame move like Falcon's Raptor Boost... etc.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
those are some nice points Fawriel, I agree that they should portray Mewtwo that way.... and Darkpaladin I think I shouldve said this but you can move while the Barrier is out...its like a bubble of light from the movie...

Psychic has always been regarded as the best psychic-type attack out there, so it should translate in Brawl as a really powerful attack. Which is why I think it would be best used as a Final Smash, though with a style more like the anime.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
What was psychic like in the amime? It's been forever since I actually watched the show.
i think its just;

trainer: [insert psychic pokemon here] use psychic, now!

pokemon: *picks up opposing pokemon with mind and tosses it round like a rag-doll*

trainer/pokemon: *wins*

could be wrong though; its been an awful long time since i've watched the anime.

i think its just;

pokemon: *picks up opposing pokemon with mind and tosses it round like a rag-doll*

could be wrong though; its been an awful long time since i've watched the anime.
Pretty much. In Brawl, Mewtwo could pick up his opponents with his mind and then launch them. If they are above a certain perentage, they're done.

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
If Pokemon Trainer's final smash had involved the elemental hyper beams, I'd say Mewtwo's final smash would be the Psycho Boost of unplayable Deoxys (who doesn't use his trademark Psycho boost, but rather Hyper Beam) since Mewtwo doesn't have any trademark moves, but I'm guessing most likely is Psychic as a long-range super-powerful grab throw

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If Pokemon Trainer's final smash had involved the elemental hyper beams, I'd say Mewtwo's final smash would be the Psycho Boost of unplayable Deoxys (who doesn't use his trademark Psycho boost, but rather Hyper Beam) since Mewtwo doesn't have any trademark moves, but I'm guessing most likely is Psychic as a long-range super-powerful grab throw
Well PT didn't really have much choice(besides the elemental hyper beams) for a FS.
I kinda think it may be the psychic energy(or aura sphere?) ball from the 1st movie.

Psycho Boost = Another move Mewtwo can't learn (though I admit he should).

Well PT didn't really have much choice(besides the elemental hyper beams) for a FS.
I kinda think it may be the psychic energy(or aura sphere?) ball from the 1st movie.
That's supposed to be Shadow Ball, I think. That's why he got it as a move in Melee, because of the association with the movie.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Psycho Boost = Another move Mewtwo can't learn (though I admit he should).

That's supposed to be Shadow Ball, I think. That's why he got it as a move in Melee, because of the association with the movie.
Not the portable "haduken" one, the blue energy ball he was in the 1st movie, when he and Mew started
crashing into each other, then shot Ash with it :p
And I agree about Psycho boost, especially if Lugia could somehow know it.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
i think its just;

If that's phychic, then why does confusion toss them (a short distance) in melee? Did confusion do that too, just weaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom