• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the portable "haduken" one, the blue energy ball he was in the 1st movie, when he and Mew started
crashing into each other, then shot Ash with it :p
And I agree about Psycho boost, especially if Lugia could somehow know it.
Ooh. Well Aura Sphere didn't exist back then, so I think it was just some generic psychic attack or perhaps Barrier.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If that's phychic, then why does confusion toss them (a short distance) in melee? Did confusion do that too, just weaker?
Pychic is never really shown that well, I remember in one episode it was a blue beam :confused:
And Smash bros toned Mewtwo down.....A LOT..
Ooh. Well Aura Sphere didn't exist back then, so I think it was just some generic psychic attack or perhaps Barrier.
Neither did Shadow ball, and if it was Barrier, how come they could shoot it?

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Pychic is never really shown that well, I remember in one episode it was a blue beam :confused:

1) maybe that was psybeam? I dunno anymore

2) shadow ball was made up just for mewtwo back then cuz he is just that awesome, and what they shot was something else, the bubble went away when they did that. it was *doesn't know*

killbeast301

Smash Lord
They specifically said "use Psychic!"
And look at how Ember used to look like in the past(charmander would spin his tail=HUGE FIRE SPIN)
1) oh well
2) the show changed a lot. I remember in gen 1 caterpie evolved into metapod by specifically spinning the cocoon (sp?) and to butterfry by breaking free from it. Now it's done with the white glowy stuff.

What I meant was that by the time Melee came around, Shadow Ball was the closest thing to the move everyone knew Mewtwo used in the movie. The fact that he could learn it in the games also helped. By the way, what do you mean Mewtwo had Psychic in Smash? I thought only the special moves had official names.

I don't know about the other attack. But I do know that in the anime, the same attack can look different when other Pokémon use it, or even when the same one uses it on two separate occasions.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What I meant was that by the time Melee came around, Shadow Ball was the closest thing to the move everyone knew Mewtwo used in the movie. The fact that he could learn it in the games also helped. By the way, what do you mean Mewtwo had Psychic in Smash? I thought only the special moves had official names.

I don't know about the other attack. But I do know that in the anime, the same attack can look different when other Pokémon use it, or even when the same one uses it on two separate occasions.
1) I was referring to how different Confusion looked.
2) Psychic was actually the name of his grab, not the throws, but the grab
3) Yeah, I also remember the "power" of fire spin :p

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Now, what kind of moves would lend well to a rushdown strategy? Maybe a faster projectile, a power-up move that powers up the next move Mewtwo uses, temporary no-flinch-frames for an undisturbed approach, an instant-combo-starter-mindgame move like Falcon's Raptor Boost... etc.
These could work...
B: Faster Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere/Swift
>B: Psycho Cut
^B: Teleport
VB: Calm Mind/Barrier

I won't touch A moves.

i think its just;

trainer: [insert psychic pokemon here] use psychic, now!

pokemon: *picks up opposing pokemon with mind and tosses it round like a rag-doll*

trainer/pokemon: *wins*

could be wrong though; its been an awful long time since i've watched the anime.
Wait, wha?
I thought that was Confusion???

Not the portable "haduken" one, the blue energy ball he was in the 1st movie, when he and Mew started
crashing into each other, then shot Ash with it :p
It's probably not any specific Pokemon attack...
More like some generic psychic energy attack IMO

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm curious to see Mewtwo's updated model. I think he was a little too red in Melee. His tail should have been a darker purple.
That'd be sick :p
I guess I'd want him to have less "scrawny" arms, at least a bit longer, also helping on his ranged Smash attacks

Man, we're do CLOSE to catching up to Sonic! Is there anyone who hasn't voted?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mewtwo was already the best AI . Put him on level 9 against any other level 9 and he'll win 75% of the time.
Besides that that is pretty irrelevant, are we playing the same game?
I just went to test that, I pitted Mewtwo against Mario, then Bowser, then Pichu, and he lost every time. I mean, come on. The only thing CPUs do is jab, and Mewtwo easily as the worst jab in the game, and he has practically no KO moves.
I think he might be able to beat Kirby, who is the true joke character of this game, with not a single advantage going for him. But ****, this really puts a whole new perspective on how badly designed some characters are.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Besides that that is pretty irrelevant, are we playing the same game?
I just went to test that, I pitted Mewtwo against Mario, then Bowser, then Pichu, and he lost every time. I mean, come on. The only thing CPUs do is jab, and Mewtwo easily as the worst jab in the game, and he has practically no KO moves.
I think he might be able to beat Kirby, who is the true joke character of this game, with not a single advantage going for him. But ****, this really puts a whole new perspective on how badly designed some characters are.
They'll fix him! I'm sure of it!

Wow, Mewtwo got 6 straight votes! We only need like 5 more!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Shadow Mewtwo is win.

VS Shadow M2 could be an event match...

EDIT: Also, for my disc Ganon and Peach are the best CPUs.
Is it always the same, though?
i did a 64 person tourney (all lvl nines, random characters). the winner was doc.

i didnt try it again, though, to see if the result was consistent... it was a little boring. :urg:

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I also agree on that Mewtwo should return, but he should be way more better than how he was in Meele.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hey guys, not meaning to stir up that heated debate from last week again, but I finally approached LadyCelebi on Gamefaqs and asked her to reconfirm what she had said. I will write it out so that once that topic is purged, we know for sure it happened:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40225410&page=6

I asked: "Hey LadyCelebi, I have a request that you might wont comply with, but please consider...

What you said on another topic, about a certain 4th gen Pokemon replacing a certain Melee Pokemon character and that a certain webmaster of a popular Pokemon site knows about it...

Are you absolutely sure it is true?
"

She answered: "You know, honestly, I don't know anymore.

I've heard people from E for All saying he's in brawl and also another word coming from the owner of that big pokemon site itself, also confirming he's in too.

I also heard somewhere on another smash boards forums, it's meant to be a surprise to everyone, mainly pokemon fans.

Believe what you want I say, I don't know anymore.
"

So there you have it. By not asking me what I was talking about, it proves I wasnt lying that she said it. I asked her so vaguely because I didnt want to start a similar uproar on Gamefaqs, where it would be a disaster. But something else: she's obviously not so sure about it anymore, which means its not as unfallible as I made it out to be at first...

So follow her and my advice: believe what you want to believe. And with that, lets leave this chapter behind us and keep discussing our favorite legendary Pokemon for Brawl!

Tony_

Smash Ace
Hey guys, not meaning to stir up that heated debate from last week again, but I finally approached LadyCelebi on Gamefaqs and asked her to reconfirm what she had said. I will write it out so that once that topic is purged, we know for sure it happened:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40225410&page=6

I asked: "Hey LadyCelebi, I have a request that you might wont comply with, but please consider...

What you said on another topic, about a certain 4th gen Pokemon replacing a certain Melee Pokemon character and that a certain webmaster of a popular Pokemon site knows about it...

Are you absolutely sure it is true?
"

She answered: "You know, honestly, I don't know anymore.

I've heard people from E for All saying he's in brawl and also another word coming from the owner of that big pokemon site itself, also confirming he's in too.

I also heard somewhere on another smash boards forums, it's meant to be a surprise to everyone, mainly pokemon fans.

Believe what you want I say, I don't know anymore.
"

So there you have it. By not asking me what I was talking about, it proves I wasnt lying that she said it. I asked her so vaguely because I didnt want to start a similar uproar on Gamefaqs, where it would be a disaster. But something else: she's obviously not so sure about it anymore, which means its not as unfallible as I made it out to be at first...

So follow her and my advice: believe what you want to believe. And with that, lets leave this chapter behind us and keep discussing our favorite legendary Pokemon for Brawl!
That character will be Pichu. Not Mewtwo. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom