• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I like that idea of Down B Flash from the previous page, but wouldnt it be kinda broken? Actually, if it had the same startup time as in Melee, it wouldnt be, heh. I just got a mental image of Mewtwo running and jumping around using Down B near each player, and it seemed like it was too easy...

Anywho, Ive been thinking of Mewtwo becoming involved in the SSE... What do you guys think? Would he be a good guy by default or would he be using one of them trophy guns? After seeing Bowser along with Wario using it, it looks like all villainous characters might get one. And Sakurai did seem to consider Mewtwo a villain in Melee...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'd love to see him deflect that trophy gun :cool:
But, he'll probably be a villain :p
He will most likely just show up out of know where and face you in the shadows. Well he will be the ultimate villain. Make Mewtwo a villain Sakurai!!!

Chepe

Smash Lord
Eh, I dunno why, but I dont like seeing him as a villain. I guess he could be one of the first bad guys to turn good, since I think all villains will eventually join the heroes to stop that greater evil. But if he really does use a trophy gun, I will be questioning whether it is really Mewtwo at all...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
He will most likely just show up out of know where and face you in the shadows. Well he will be the ultimate villain. Make Mewtwo a villain Sakurai!!!
I found you!! :smiliegor
And I think/would prefer that Mewtwo be on the hero's side, simply cause the SSE army is annoying him

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I found you!! :smiliegor
And I think/would prefer that Mewtwo be on the hero's side, simply cause the SSE army is annoying him
I got shoot but still alive, lol.

On Topic: Who will Mewtwo pair up with?

Chepe

Smash Lord
A pair with Ganondorf would be a nod to Melee's final event match.

But with a good guy, I can see him pairing with someone like Lucas. Perhaps in a cutscene Lucas will encounter Mewtwo. Mewtwo attacks Lucas who defends himself with Psychic energy that rivals Mewtwo's own, and Mewtwo will find him worthy of companionship? That scene would look really cool...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I got shoot but still alive, lol.

On Topic: Who will Mewtwo pair up with?
You very lucky I'm not **** Cheney :lol:

If Mewtwo's a villain, I say Kraid(Ridley is playable!!)
If Mewtwo's a good guy, I say Samus :p

EDIT: Ha, they censored the name :rotfl: I meant D!ck :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
A pair with Ganondorf would be a nod to Melee's final event match.

But with a good guy, I can see him pairing with someone like Lucas. Perhaps in a cutscene Lucas will encounter Mewtwo. Mewtwo attacks Lucas who defends himself with Psychic energy that rivals Mewtwo's own, and Mewtwo will find him worthy of companionship? That scene would look really cool...
I like the Ganondorf idea, but the Lucas one is cool to, well they are both psychic users after all.

You very lucky I'm not **** Cheney :lol:

If Mewtwo's a villain, I say Kraid(Ridley is playable!!)
If Mewtwo's a good guy, I say Samus :p

EDIT: Ha, they censored the name :rotfl: I meant D!ck :p
Maybe next time. :chuckle:

But Mewtwo could pair up with Samus or Ridley, but I wonder how will Samus get involved?

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I don't think Mewtwo will be allied with the Subspace Army. He's more of a loner, and he generally doesn't work with others unless he's forced. So, most likely, he'll show up a few times throughout the story, and will only join someone else when things start getting serious.

As for combinations? I imagine he'll ally with the real evil characters, like Bowser, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, etc., once they betray the Army.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I don't think Mewtwo will be allied with the Subspace Army. He's more of a loner, and he generally doesn't work with others unless he's forced. So, most likely, he'll show up a few times throughout the story, and will only join someone else when things start getting serious.

As for combinations? I imagine he'll ally with the real evil characters, like Bowser, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, etc., once they betray the Army.
I agree with this.

The combination I'd really like to see is M2+Bowser = "Who's Bottom Tier, now?"

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Uh... To everybody who said that they will rule with Mewtwo...

The only reason players like myself, Taj, and Azen got good with Mewtwo was because we use advanced tactics such as wave dashing and cancelling. Since everybody knows that both wavedashing and cancelling have been removed from brawl, it is a whole new battlefield. There isn't even any solid proof of Mewtwo returning. However, I haven't run into a better Mewtwo than I, here in California. Ive heard a lot about Taj, and I look up to him, but he has been using Fox now. All I have to say is that I haven't fought a better Mewtwo than me yet. Just to note, if any of you play as Mewtwo and don't wavedash or L cancel, there is no way you will stand a chance using this character. Maybe I will post a youtube video of how I play with Mewtwo.

I probably won't play as Mewtwo in brawl though. Ive been playing as him for over 2 years now and I've gotten pretty bored of him. I will probably use Ike since I heard he is really hard to use.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Show-off :p
I know that it won't be the same, which is my chance to become the new best :chuckle:
And unless we have a tourney, we won't be able to prove it, so Mewtwo tourney in Brawl anyone? :)

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Show-off :p
I know that it won't be the same, which is my chance to become the new best :chuckle:
And unless we have a tourney, we won't be able to prove it, so Mewtwo tourney in Brawl anyone? :)
That'd be pretty awesome! I'm down for that. Now all we need to do is wait for the game and share our friend codes.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Uh... To everybody who said that they will rule with Mewtwo...

The only reason players like myself, Taj, and Azen got good with Mewtwo was because we use advanced tactics such as wave dashing and cancelling. Since everybody knows that both wavedashing and cancelling have been removed from brawl, it is a whole new battlefield. There isn't even any solid proof of Mewtwo returning. However, I haven't run into a better Mewtwo than I, here in California. Ive heard a lot about Taj, and I look up to him, but he has been using Fox now. All I have to say is that I haven't fought a better Mewtwo than me yet. Just to note, if any of you play as Mewtwo and don't wavedash or L cancel, there is no way you will stand a chance using this character. Maybe I will post a youtube video of how I play with Mewtwo.

I probably won't play as Mewtwo in brawl though. Ive been playing as him for over 2 years now and I've gotten pretty bored of him. I will probably use Ike since I heard he is really hard to use.

Well aren’t you all high and mighty.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
*jumps on bandwagon*

Ahem, hello all! Chalk up one more (rabid) Mewtwo supporter. I personally would like to see Mewtwo paired up with Lucario in SSE, should Lucario get in. I'm neutral on the issue by the way, unless Lucario replaces Mewtwo, then the stupid jackal can say hello to zero lasers... Lucas is the next best option.

For a final smash, I would like to see his gym-destroying column of psi from the anime (urg). I suppose Psycho Cut could work, but Psychic is more Mewtwo than any blade of energy. As a new >B, I think that the psibubble (from the movie again) would work. Make it a fast combo-starter with decent knockback.

While most will disagree, I feel that because Mewtwo levitates (thus cancelling the force of gravity on him), he should remain the same weight. However, because he is fast in the game, and because he moves kind of like friction doesn't affect him, he should get a major boost to speed.

Mewtwo for Brawl, -Oath

PS: In retrospect, Barrier would be a better move than the psibubble thing. Either way, this http://youtube.com/watch?v=gWFU_Hq0IEo has examples (shadow ball, psiball, column of death, and barrier)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
*jumps on bandwagon*

Ahem, hello all! Chalk up one more (rabid) Mewtwo supporter. I personally would like to see Mewtwo paired up with Lucario in SSE, should Lucario get in. I'm neutral on the issue by the way, unless Lucario replaces Mewtwo, then the stupid jackal can say hello to zero lasers... Lucas is the next best option.

For a final smash, I would like to see his gym-destroying column of psi from the anime (urg). I suppose Psycho Cut could work, but Psychic is more Mewtwo than any blade of energy. As a new >B, I think that the psibubble (from the movie again) would work. Make it a fast combo-starter with decent knockback.

While most will disagree, I feel that because Mewtwo levitates (thus cancelling the force of gravity on him), he should remain the same weight. However, because he is fast in the game, and because he moves kind of like friction doesn't affect him, he should get a major boost to speed.

Mewtwo for Brawl, -Oath

PS: In retrospect, Barrier would be a better move than the psibubble thing. Either way, this http://youtube.com/watch?v=gWFU_Hq0IEo has examples (shadow ball, psiball, column of death, and barrier)
you can be heavy and floaty at the same time. they're different.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo needs to be a mid-heavy weight. He needs to be floatly still. He needs better recovery. IN FACT, MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER! Just make him better. O, and to all you morons who think Melee tiers effect Mewtwo's chances, "Melee tires don exists en Brawl". :p

Machete

Smash Ace
true, but still, lucario is more popular. *looks at lucario shrine*
Mewtwo stills being more popular and well-known than Lucario worldwide.

C'mon, the superlegendary pokémon of the first generation could pwn that stupid generic Pokémon everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom