• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Eh, sorry if this has already been suggested, but perhaps Confusion could swap the player's controls around a little? Like make left be right or whatever for a few seconds...? Actually. that seems a little powerful for a regular move, Final Smash, perhaps?
Good idea. Definitely not over powered for a special move.

Machete

Smash Ace
Eh, sorry if this has already been suggested, but perhaps Confusion could swap the player's controls around a little? Like make left be right or whatever for a few seconds...? Actually. that seems a little powerful for a regular move, Final Smash, perhaps?

Psychic should definately be one of his B moves, if he's in, which I'm pretty sure he will be. :) Mewtwo FTB!
Yeah, Confusion should swap Mewtwo's enemies' controls for a few seconds.

Psychic should be his Final Smash. Mewtwo without Psychic is like Mario without his moustache or Pikachu without his tail.

If any special move should be changed, it should be Disable, replaced by Recover.

Mewtwo for Brawl, more badass and powerful than ever.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel

Psychic should definately be one of his B moves, if he's in, which I'm pretty sure he will be. :) Mewtwo FTB!
Good idea! but I don't think it would work well on a CPU I've never seen a CPU confused before so I don't think that would work and on the other hand in time a skilled player can work with reversed controls. If it would be random like first switching shield and jumping then running and walking and so on. then It could work because when your opponent finaly gets what's switched it'll be over. lol, imagine a Mewto that uses confusion as a edgeguard and your opponent can't find what's jumping

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Psychic should be his Final Smash. Mewtwo without Psychic is like Mario without his moustache or Pikachu without his tail.

If any special move should be changed, it should be Disable, replaced by Recover.
I dunno, in my (non-Fox-playing) opinion, Fox was top/god-tier because of his Shine, among other things such as great attacks, speed, lasers, etc. So if Disable is to be replaced, and pray to God that it is, I think Barrier would be a better option. Of course, Confusion reflects things, but supposing it doesn't gain the needed ablility to make them cause damage...

Anyway, this far fetched opinion is likely the product of not seeing the use of Recover. It would have to take a while to not be broken, yet if it takes too long, then it is useless. You could use it after a KO, I suppose, but shouldn't you be charging a shadow ball?

Finally, amen to Psychic. Video game or movie, Psychic just pwns. :)

Mewtwo for Brawl, -Oath

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Very, very bad news, Mewtwo fans.

A long time ago, someone on GameFaqs posted a heap of supposed insider information. Predictably, no one took him seriously and they all flamed him. One of his claims was that there was a Kirby Air Ride item of which you had to collect some parts, after which, a target would blast your enemy to death. This has been proven true with this update. It's very, very unlikely that it was just a lucky guess.

Where am I going with this? Well he also said his source told him that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. He said his source did not explain what he meant by "replace" however. I'm afraid this does not bode well...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

A long time ago, someone on GameFaqs posted a heap of supposed insider information. Predictably, no one took him seriously and they all flamed him. One of his claims was that there was a Kirby Air Ride item of which you had to collect some parts, after which, a target would blast your enemy to death. This has been proven true with this update. It's very, very unlikely that it was just a lucky guess.

Where am I going with this? Well he also said his source told him that Lucario replaced Mewtwo. He said his source did not explain what he meant by "replace" however. I'm afraid this does not bode well...
Like hell that is true!

I don't care who says it, I won't believe until it's proven!:mad:

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
....ok ....so.........ppl who predicted updates correctly said that Ice Climbers werent going to return....I just think that when it comes to characters, ppl are biased based on Melee standards....

Boofer

Smash Ace
This is the second time Mewtwo was "predicted" to be replaced by Lucario. Though I don't want to believe it, I have to say that it would not surprise me if it were true.

Now what the hell...I like Lucario, and I support him but not if it means Mewtwo is out. Mewtwo is like the ultimate pokemon. He was fun to play as in melee too, he was just way to weak. I'm crossing my fingers that he will be in.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is the second time Mewtwo was "predicted" to be replaced by Lucario. Though I don't want to believe it, I have to say that it would not surprise me if it were true.

Now what the hell...I like Lucario, and I support him but not if it means Mewtwo is out. Mewtwo is like the ultimate pokemon. He was fun to play as in melee too, he was just way to weak. I'm crossing my fingers that he will be in.
*sigh* QFT
If Lucario is in, they should at least give him his own moveset..

D

Deleted member

Most of that is believable.

WTF about the Mewtwo thing though. Seriously, all this endless (and unneeded) moaning and groaning about clones, and they remove Mewtwo? The most original character in Melee?

WTF

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mewtwo should definately return...let's see:

Pros:

Unique
Popular
Would be a great character to be in SSE

Cons:

...?

Does anyone have any that are actually valid?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
lucario replacing mewtwo has to be a mistake.
It's an EXTREMELY stupid move, from pretty much every standpoint possible. There is no possible way any game designer would make such a mistake.
which is why I don't believe it, and the guy giving the inside info was just misinformed.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice

Well, I've searched around at Gamefaqs and I found the post you're referring to. I'll paste it in case the topic gets perched.

Message Begins Here:

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.

Message Ends Here:

The bold in the message is where he, IMO, loses credibility. Then again, now that I think about it, Wolf is slightly hard to swallow as well, considering Falco's probable return and Krystal practically being a shoe-in.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Message Ends Here:

The bold in the message is where he, IMO, loses credibility. Then again, now that I think about it, Wolf is slightly hard to swallow as well, considering Falco's probable return and Krystal practically being a shoe-in.
yeah, that too.

anyone with half a brain would know that ness isn't coming back. That makes me seriously doubt the credibilty of him/his source.

but seriously, replacing mewtwo with lucario would be like replacing link with cloud, or replacing ganondorf with zant. It's most certainly not going to happen. ever. which is why we shouldn't worry, since anyone with one-tenth of a brain wouldn't make such a mistake.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Who knows but i have a hard time believing Mewtwo will be replaced by Lucario. Theyre completely different from eachother.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, considerring that this prediction conveniently popped up today, I can only assume that if this post was created this morning, it is a sham. Seriously, the guy says outright that, even if he had proof, he wouldn't say what it was or where it came from.

To me, this just utterly stinks of crap.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
"OH MY GOSH BLUE ORB! IT MUST BE SHADOW BALL! MEWTWO CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!1111"

I think it's the team healer item because we don't know what it looks like in motion, that's what it looks the most like, I doubt Shadow Ball would ever look like that, Shadow ball is supposed to be black. That there is a blue orb, it could either be a new item or part of what the Team Healer does in it's animation or something, we aren't going to know till the game is released, Sakurai likes playing mind games, but I doubt he would try to reveal a character like that. Why do people want Mewtwo to return? They're hoping he's been buffed to the extreme?

Anyways, feel free to keep saying "MEWTWO IS IN BRAWL!!1111" because a Month from now we'll look back at this and probably have a laugh over it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
How did the Dragoon work in Kirby's Air Ride? Because if it was just like this, then it would be easy to guess its function if it was in Brawl.
THATS what I want to know! Been looking for info on it but not much luck. It wouldn't be that much of a leap to assume it works the same in brawl if thats how it works in Kirby.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
u for got the he can just jump and press normal attack button as soon as he gets off the ground
What the hell are you talking about?

"OH MY GOSH BLUE ORB! IT MUST BE SHADOW BALL! MEWTWO CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!1111"
Stop being such a **** about this. This is a hell of alot more plausible than all the other theories I've seen.

I think it's the team healer item because we don't know what it looks like in motion,
Except we DO know what it looks like in motion. Go look at it's update and you'll see in the pictures.

Shadow Ball would ever look like that, Shadow ball is supposed to be black
Shadow Ball has always been more purple than anything and I doubt that the attack would look exactly the same all the time.

I doubt he would try to reveal a character like that.
I hate it when people claim to know what Sakurai would and would not do. Unless you are Sakurai you don't know what he'll do so shut your mouth.

It has the best gliding and was good in all other areas (Speed, Power, etc.)

Hydra was stronger and faster though, so it would've been a better fit for Dragoon's role.
I meant more along the lines of whether or not it had to be assembled from the three parts.

I hate it when people claim to know what Sakurai would and would not do. Unless you are Sakurai you don't know what he'll do so shut your mouth.
Look, that's not Shadow Ball. Just drop it. And quit flaming because he has a point. Characters aren't just dropped into new screenshots like that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why the hell would Mewtwo be replaced with the returns of the likes of Ness and Falco...

...Plus the addition of Wolf???

How the how much different can they make Fox, Wolf and Falco!?!?!

Ness and Lucas are basically clones too...

This is **** stupid if it is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom