• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well then this so-called prophet just made a lucky guess. The Dragoon works exactly as anyone would expect it to.
Actually, the Dragoon never used crosshairs or could be shot in Kirby's Air Ride apparently, so no, no one should have been able to predict the Dragoon to work that way. Soooooo...

Either he just gave us the first true leak, or maybe he just got really really lucky, or he just heard about the Dragoon thing and then attached BS to it (everything else)...

Actually, the Dragoon never used crosshairs or could be shot in Kirby's Air Ride apparently, so no, no one should have been able to predict the Dragoon to work that way. Soooooo...

Either he just gave us the first true leak, or maybe he just got really really lucky, or he just heard about the Dragoon thing and then attached BS to it (everything else)...
Well whatever, the only things I trust are the Dojo and other official sources.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Stop being such a **** about this. This is a hell of alot more plausible than all the other theories I've seen.
While I can agree I was exaggerating, the least I'd be concerned over is that the worst character in the game is making a come back to the newest installment.
Except we DO know what it looks like in motion. Go look at it's update and you'll see in the pictures.
Oh, I'm sorry I thought those were pictures, still frames... I didn't know those animated. (Yeah, I hate when I act like this...)
Shadow Ball has always been more purple than anything and I doubt that the attack would look exactly the same all the time.
I saw black with slight blue in it whenever I used it or saw it in action, whatever.

I hate it when people claim to know what Sakurai would and would not do. Unless you are Sakurai you don't know what he'll do so shut your mouth.
Ok, lets see... Sakurai is a guy who likes to play Mind Games at times, but why would he randomly just out of the blue throw in a shadow ball into a picture about an update about sending pictures to friends? It just seems highly unlikely... The only time Sakurai slipped a character out was when he did the Subspace Movie and Peach was shown along with Zelda.

I realize this is more probable, but still HIGHLY unlikely.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
"What's that? It sounds like the cry of a ********, feral Mexican sasquatch!"

Well said, Sarge. Well said... Anyway, I suppose I'll go to ranting about the "leak" and the state of the thread. :)

First off, most of what was posted on Gamefaqs seems, for lack of a better word, stupid. Ness returning? Wolf as a newcomer? I'm even tempted to say the Zelda-Shiek transformation, but that is only because I don't care for her/him/it. The people working on Brawl (so I've heard from numerous threads here), have played over 10 000 matches, I believe it was. People this experienced in Brawl should know what people like and dislike. Unless Brawl is turning into even more of a popularity contest, I can't see adding Wolf. Krystal, even though I personally hate her guts, has a better chance to get in on top of the fact that she is supposedly more popular. The team's experience should also prevent them from including Ness after making Lucas. Plus, if Falco is returning, we'll see all of the old clones, with interest. I can't see this happening.

Second, I would like to know when this thread was created. If it was made anytime close to the Dragoon update, then I say the strongest piece of evidence in favor of the "leak" is gone. There are other ways to get information, I'm sure of it.

Third, why didn't the guy cite his sources? Why did he refuse to cite his sources? What I affectionately call the first law of the internet comes into play here: "pics or it didn't happen." All we have to go on is the prediction of the fancy new weapon and this guy's word. I think we all know how far a person's word can get them when trying to convince people of something over the internet. Do I need to bring back Kingdom Hearts II horror stories? :p

Finally, I really hate where this thread is going. No, no one died and made me God, but guys, there is a miniature flame war going on every five pages. Can we not be mature enough to shrug off "Mewtwo sucks" and "Lucario/Pichu/some other thing has replaced Mewtwo" posts? I mean, no matter what happens, nothing is going to convince an entire fanbase to give up their hopes until the game is released. People are still holding out for the likes of Sora just as we are holding out for Mewtwo.

Now, if you've read all of that, please direct all flames at me. My inbox is perfectly clear, so I can hold a bit of them. :)

Still smashing the odds with shadow balls, -Oath

PS: In my honest opinion, the pic with Kirby is some sort of item. If memory serves, the shadow ball has a purplish-black aura kind of like Sonic's spindash. Looks like a gooey bomb in different lightning to me, but let's not have another cloud theory. Or is it the team healer? Hmmmm... ^_^

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mewtwo should definately return...let's see:

Pros:

Unique
Popular
Would be a great character to be in SSE

Cons:

...?

Does anyone have any that are actually valid?
So there are no reasons for him to not come back?

YOU HEAR THAT SAKURAI?!

Luigi player

Smash Master
That blue orb at the screenshot where Kirby is looks really really like Sonic, I can't believe people think otherwise.

Maybe at the time the rumor started they wanted to take Mewtwo out, but now they decided to take him in again...

I really hope that this Lucario replacing Mewtwo rumor is not true...

I watched the movie with Lucario. Yes, he's alright, but nowhere near as cool as Mewtwo.

courte

Smash Lord
i'd like to see them both, because i can't choose which of them i like more... and no one could really change my mind on that unfortunately :chuckle:

Mr. Brawl and Watch

Smash Apprentice
i was just playing with mewtwo against my brother, and i realized the true way to play with mewtwo. he's not a fast char, so you need to rely on his psychic powers. the key is that you need to flow your motions with mewtwo. he is unique, and he doesnt play like the other chars like fox or capt falcon. you really cant go thrashing and smashing with mewtwo because that isnt his style.

on that note, i don't think they should buff him, but definately make his final smash something devistating. after all, he is the strongest pkmn to ever exist

Luigi player

Smash Master
i was just playing with mewtwo against my brother, and i realized the true way to play with mewtwo. he's not a fast char, so you need to rely on his psychic powers. the key is that you need to flow your motions with mewtwo. he is unique, and he doesnt play like the other chars like fox or capt falcon. you really cant go thrashing and smashing with mewtwo because that isnt his style.

on that note, i don't think they should buff him, but definately make his final smash something devistating. after all, he is the strongest pkmn to ever exist
They should buff Mewtwo. If you are good against your brother doesn't mean that he's good against competitive players. Mewtwo should obviously be faster than in Melee. He's one of the fastest Pokemon. Only 3 of nearly 500 Pokemon are faster than him (Deoxys, Ninjask and Electrode). And Mewtwo should be much heavier. He isn't a lightweight, but he should still be made floaty somehow.

Mr. Brawl and Watch

Smash Apprentice
They should buff Mewtwo. If you are good against your brother doesn't mean that he's good against competitive players. Mewtwo should obviously be faster than in Melee. He's one of the fastest Pokemon. Only 3 of nearly 500 Pokemon are faster than him (Deoxys, Ninjask and Electrode). And Mewtwo should be much heavier. He isn't a lightweight, but he should still be made floaty somehow.
they definately need to make him heavier so that he doesnt get knocked back as far as he does in melee. also, if they can make him have the same jumping height and same falling speed from a jump but faster falling speed when hit, then that would be perfect. it would make sense because he is psychic so he has control of how fast he descends when he isn't disoriented from an attack. they should have him float like peach as well on his second jump.

also, i remember when i had pkmn blue i would always teach him psychic, ice beam, thunderbolt, and recover, so in brawl they should have more variety in his moveset.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, as an alternative to floating, I think it would be awesome if Mewtwo could glide, He technically can levitate, which appears like he's flying, and I think gliding would be the next best thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, as an alternative to floating, I think it would be awesome if Mewtwo could glide, He technically can levitate, which appears like he's flying, and I think gliding would be the next best thing.
I still think he might be able to float, but not glide. Levitation physics would not be the same as gliding. It would be similar to what peach does

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo needs to weigh more then Link. He needs to be faster then Young Link. He needs to be able to fly. He needs to NOT get knocked back with his nB. He should grab people with his psychic powers and throw them like a madman. His down smash should be a psychic blast down that covers all the area around his feet. He should have super armor frames when he fires his nB. He should have his dB be a psychic "wave like" blast = confusion (maybe?).

In other words, MEWTWO JUST NEEDS TO BE GOOD!

And Lucario replacing Mewtwo sounds like Dr. Mario replacing Pichu. They are so f***ing diffrent, it's not even funny. Psychic vs. Steel and Fighting...woaw, aren't those people smart. We have enough roster space for both, since Sakurai isn't a idiot. Besides, Mewtwo is far better known then Lucario, and we all know that. If we can have the Pokémon Trainer-we can have Jigglypuff, Lucario, AND Mewtwo in Brawl, definitely. :)

Removing Mewtwo from smash is retarted. Just because he sucked in Melee doesn't mean he needs to suck in Brawl. And whoever thinks Melee tiers effect his chances are retarted, ABSOLUTELY RETARTED! I played Melee at a game store once, and EVERYONE EXCEPT ME played MEWTWO! He was the most popular character by far from what I can tell-until everyone found out he sucked. Saying Mewtwo is gone because he's the bottom tier is like saying Dr. Mario will return because he's high tier-RETARTED! We all like Mewtwo, we all know Mewtwo, and we all want a better Mewtwo.

If Mewtwo isn't in Brawl, Sakurai will be going against the majority of the smash and Pokémon fans. Most smash fans want Jigglypuff (the amazing moveset puff mister), Mewtwo (they psychic god, who is the strongest Pokémon ever), and Lucario (the semi-legendary fighting steel type that kick a**) in smash, and that is what we will most likely get. O, and Mewtwo for Brawl, because Mewtwo is bad a**.

I have a intresting question here... in the Subspacewill Mewtwo be a villian, hero, anti-hero/neither, or both (changes sides part way as a plot twist)=??? o_O

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was beautiful JohnKnight :crying:

And I think he'll pull off a twist, start as a villain, then become a good guy.
I agree. The plot twist would be great, and would work PERFECTLY in the story. Mewtwo and Lucario could both fit into Brawl very well, with their stories, and whatnot.

i think i just cried along wit ya ismar that was truly beautiful. i agree in every way.

asome job johnknight
Woaw guys, thanks! :laugh: I just love both characters-and neither in Brawl is a disappointment to most smash fans. Sakurai cares about us smash fans and is making the fan's game-and by the way things look so far, overall he will not disappoint.

And when the President of Nintendo mentions "the Super Smash Bros. Perfection Program" only two times, and "a larger, better roster" twice in the 2007 Nintendo Fall Press Conference, you know we are in for a bigger, better, cooler roster. And 5 Pokémon reps (along with 5 Zelda reps, and 5 or 6 Mario reps) is the way to go! :)

And I agree-a plot twist is needed. I like the idea of Mewtwo being in Brawl and the Subspace Emissary. He could start off being evil and hatefilled after Melee and his creation. He could go on a mass pwning spree, and then somewhere along the lines join the forces of good. But who would convince him to join the forces of good=??? (I'll laugh if it's Snake! :laugh:)

O, and Mewtwo better be bada**. Make him a psychic Pokémon-not a excuse for a fighting Pokémon like he was in Melee. Make him have attacks that mess with your mind. Have his forward B send you flying, and follow up with a neutral B fully charged to finish your foe. Have his down B cause a psychic explosion around him that deals massive knockback. Have Mewtwo have tons of knockback. Make it to where Mewtwo doesn't do much damage (though that is where his grabs and aerials come in), but his knockback, impact, shock, and trickster status be mind boggling. Make him the "trickster" fighter he is-along with a psychic Pokémon.

Make it to where Mewtwo is ALL Mindgames, Tricks, Floatiness, and Psychic Power-Based! Have Mewtwo be a somewhat hard to use character, but a powerful one. Like all smash characters should be made, make him to where you'd want to use him, as a high tier. Make Mewtwo devistate his foes with complete unrivaled psychic supremacy where nothing stands in his way. Make him a legendary Pokémon that is unrivaled and unequal in psychic and knockback strength.

Make Mewtwo have unique abilities we have never seen before in smash, that are completely original, as if you were decloning Dr. Mario. Make Mewtwo be so visibly original, that is shocks all smashers and non-smashers in the heart, with his strength, power, and abilities. Make Mewtwo so good, that people want to use him, and to where he is a dominate force in the smash scene. Make Mewtwo crush his foes before him, and make them wish they never were born!

Mewtwo to have the awsomeness he has in the Pokémon series as a playable character in Brawl. ALL OF IT!

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
yeah!!!!!!!!

*raises hand and shouts aloud*

FOREVER HE REIGNS ABOVE ALL INTELIGENT THOUGHT, HIS EYES SEE EVERYTHING, HIS EARS HEAR EVERYTHING AND HE KNOWS EVERYTHING, LET ALL WHO STAND BEFORE HIM CRUMBLE AND FALL!!!! MEWTWO THE GREATEST OF ALL!!!!!!!

Luigi player

Smash Master
I agree. That's an awesome job you did there, Johnknight1! Mewtwo would've been proud of you :cool:

But he might not be THAT good... :/ I still think recover would be best for his vB, but it would be too broken... I'm sure they could find a way to make it not broken... like a timer that has to fill and you can only use it when the timer reaches a certain amount... or something... ^^'

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yeah!!!!!!!!

*raises hand and shouts aloud*

FOREVER HE REIGNS ABOVE ALL INTELIGENT THOUGHT, HIS EYES SEE EVERYTHING, HIS EARS HEAR EVERYTHING AND HE KNOWS EVERYTHING, LET ALL WHO STAND BEFORE HIM CRUMBLE AND FALL!!!! MEWTWO THE GREATEST OF ALL!!!!!!!
LOL. Dude, I got a Final Smash idea. It's called "Psychic Explosion".

Mewtwo stands tall floating above the ground in his usal fighting form, and then unleashes a massive psychic explosion. All opponents that are within 30 feet are sucked in (like 2/3's of Battlefield, or something size-wise), and Mewtwo torments them as the explosion of dark psychic energy matter crushes them. Does more damage the closer you are, and the final blow shocks opponents and sends them flying (not very KOable). This move DOES MASSIVE DAMAGE, but little impact. It is the opposite of how "my Mewtwo" would be, similar to Meta Knight's Final Smash being a KO move, while he lacks KO moves. It would be a sight to the eyes, and would be the explosion of the century.

And we've all seen it before once. It killed several scientists, and engulfed and destroyed an entire lab and island. We saw it here, from 4:20 to 4:40. C'mon-Mewtwo needs that voice actor and that raw power right there! :) O, and add his armor as a alternate color scheme, or for what he looks like when he changes colors, so Mewtwo looks cool, instead of like he's going to puke! :laugh:

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
thats exactly what i was thinkin his fs would be . but he flys over to the center of the stage. croses his arms and does like a dbz power up then a huge blast of energy that forms a huge circle and does alot of damage for like 4 seconds then after a second or two he unleashes a wave of phy energy onto the stage that does the serous knockback

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ That could also work. All in all, they need to base more stuff on the First Pokémon Movie and Pokémon games with Mewtwo. His Japanese voice actor in Melee was AWSOME, while his English one wasn't so good. His voice actor is TONS better in Pokémon: The First Movie. They need to get that guy again. And they need to make him have crazy trickster effects that blow characters out of the water that makes him a high tier character (or made like one, as all smash characters should be). Making EVERY character in the game very strong (stopping at overpowered) is the key to balance in Brawl, followed by small tweaking of stuff here and there. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Another unique alternative. Also, who else feels Mewtwo needs to get a better voice actor=??? Like the one in the 1st Pokémon Movie (back when I was 8 and 9 that was my favorite movie, lol!), or someone like the Japanese Version of Melee type voice (that's a f***ing sick voice, and Mewtwo deserves to be God Tier jsut because of THAT)=???

As for that enery attack, I could see it working, and working great for that matter...but I don't know. I like the attack "more", but it seems a bit too much like Pikachu's Volt Tackle. A straight up explosion would be awsome, and would be sort of similar to the Mario and Samus' Final Smashes, but the explosion thing would add a unique Donkey Kong Final Smash-esk feel into the mix.

However, I guess the totally original Final Smash deal is unavoidable (except for Samus and Zero Suit Samus; no one cares about Donkey Kong! XD), but I guess that is okay. No matter what Mewtwo's Final Smash is-it's gotta be a damage *****, and wrack up major damage so Mewtwo's amazing stun and knockback-based moves can use the wracked damage to it's advantage. That way, Mewtwo's Final Smash work hand and hand with each other! :)

So ya, either way, I'm fine. Both are two good options, and one or the other should be in Brawl. Or maybe make that energy bubble Mewtwo's down Smash, neutral air (that would rock), or something. >_>

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
You know...why didn't they just axe Bowser since he sucked in Melee and replace him with a superior Mario villain, like...say...Wart? I mean, that definitely would have been better than fixing what they had. I mean, seriously.

/sarcasm

Mewtwo has no reason to be replaced. Especially not by the likes of that trash Lucario. *vomitsatmentionofname*

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted....

Here's my idea for Mewtwo-

A attacks..... In D/P, Mewtwo can learn Psycho Cut... and it has a decent attack (110 base stat... o.O). Sooo... normal A... could be similar, if not the same to SSBM... Strong A attacks could be Psycho Cut. Smashes could be the Psycho Punches, like Aura Sphere, but a punch.

B attacks... B would be shadow ball but faster.... and not a twisted path... like in the first movie. To separate it from Samus' charge it would not knock the opponent away but would make them act like their shield had just been broken (for about 5 seconds... if they were in the air, they wouldn't be able to recover... but this stunning affect would only work if the Shadow Ball was fully charged).
Side B - I'm thinking Psybeam or Psychic... Psybeam would just be a straight beam (with limited range of course... probably 3/4 of Final Destination) Psychic would be an energy wave that Mewtwo would launch and would travel forward as fast as Samus' charge shot... ummm.... yeah.
Up B - Teleport. No changes.
Down B - I like recover, but that would be way too broken and require way too much coding and work... uhhhh... I'm thinking Barrier... it would be a reflector like Fox's. Or, it could be Disable/Hypnosis, but work from a longer range and while the opponent's back was turned,
but have considerable lag if it missed to offset spamming/brokenness.

Final Smash - Psycho Boost
Taking it's name from the most powerful move in the game, this move would consist of several moves - Guard Swap and Power Swap (check Serebii.net for details), Disable, and finally, the Psycho Boost.
Guard Swap and Power Swap - Mewtwo searches the field for stat boosting items (metal boxes, swords various characters use, charged up power shots etc.) and absorbs them into himself. Then, he activates a huge disable move that covers the entire field, barring invincible opponents. He then releases the items/weapons' power in a massive Psycho Boost attack, combining a 20% shcokwave with the various powers. Note - If another Smash Orb is present on the feild or in a character, say goodbye to your opponents, it's pretty much a guaranteed KO. If your playing no items with all unaltered Kirbys... have fun with doing almost nothing. (even with a couple boxes and a couple sword characers it'd be weak...)

Let me know what you think.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Mewtwo will be in Brawl because everyone says he is going to be replaced by Lucario.

But I would support Mewtwo as an extremely powerful Assist Trophy that would practically cause a 1-hit KO on everyone on the screen though using his psychic power.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Mewtwo will be in Brawl because everyone says he is going to be replaced by Lucario.

But I would support Mewtwo as an extremely powerful Assist Trophy that would practically cause a 1-hit KO on everyone on the screen though using his psychic power.
So if everbody said something, you'd believe them?

Mewtwo AT = fail
Mewtwo replaced by Lucario = fail
People who believe anything = EPIC FAIL

vato_break

Smash Master
So if everbody said something, you'd believe them?

Mewtwo AT = fail
Mewtwo replaced by Lucario = fail
People who believe anything = EPIC FAIL
how is that an epic fail
just because you belive someone doesn't mean you fail ,i mean i belive when people say captain falcon is in. theres a differene between beliving someone n being gullible

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
I think the final smash should just be psycho boost, and be much stronger.
yeah... my idea's kinda complicated... but fun! :laugh:
seriously, it'd probably just be a psycho boost - type blast.....

EDIT: Mewtwo as an AT??!! o.O Lucario could never take Mewtwo's place....
I mean, come on. Lucario isn't even a legend/Pikachu... It could never hope to take Mewtwo in a fight....

Oh, and I don't mean to fan the flames here.... but there's no difference between gullibility and blindly followling everything you hear. Besides, from the look of the post, Kiki52 appears to be a troller, laughing at Mewtwofans such as ourselves actually responding to his 5-word post. I mean COME ON. He doesn't even have an avatar/sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom