• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKilla BGXx

Smash Rookie
I say since Mewtwo has an original and unique move set in Melee, he has a chance to come back in Brawl regardless how often he is used. I don't see how Lucario would replace him because Lucario is fighting/steel, different height, weight, etc...

Boofer

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone actually wants Lucario without Mewtwo, but I actually believe it. And actually, there is no reason to believe that one replaces another, as it is impossible that one would be the clone of another. Serebii continues to express that "I never said that Lucario replaces Mewtwo" but he never actually denies that Lucario is in and Mewtwo is out. His reasoning is what I mentioned before; that there is no way to say that one character replaces the other, only that one character is in and the other is not. And based on a supposed conversation with Serebii, only one vet returns (most likely jigglypuff), and that there is one more Pokemon newcomer. Take that as you will...

As for myself, I'm going to treat it as if Mewtwo isn't returning, but hopefully I'm wrong. This way I won't be disappointed when roster leaks.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
This whole "Lucario replacing Mewtwo" thing so freaking bizarre in so many ways.

In all honesty, before I was actually more afraid that Mewtwo would get replaced by another legendary "evil" pokemon from a more recent generation, like Deoxys or Darkrai. But Lucario?!:urg: Although it would still suck, at least the former two would actually make sense to replace Mewtwo! (And they're in the same league as Mewtwo as far as power goes)

With seemingly every major franchise getting its own villain rep, it just don't get why Sakurai would remove the perfectly good villain rep from Pokemon and replace him with a non-villain! He was even planning on putting Mewtwo (along with Bowser and Dedede) in the original game, making me think that Sakurai must really like including the bad guys.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
This whole "Lucario replacing Mewtwo" thing so freaking bizarre in so many ways.

In all honesty, before I was actually more afraid that Mewtwo would get replaced by another legendary "evil" pokemon from a more recent generation, like Deoxys or Darkrai. But Lucario?!:urg: Although it would still suck, at least the former two would actually make sense to replace Mewtwo! (And they're in the same league as Mewtwo as far as power goes)

With seemingly every major franchise getting its own villain rep, it just don't get why Sakurai would remove the perfectly good villain rep from Pokemon and replace him with a non-villain! He was even planning on putting Mewtwo (along with Bowser and Dedede) in the original game, making me think that Sakurai must really like including the bad guys.
uhmmm.off topc i kno but......since when was Deoxys evil??????????????????????
EDIT: maybe im thinking a different part of the movie XD

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
I love Mewtwo, part of me would die inside if he wasn't in Brawl... as one of the first things I'll do in brawl is get 20 hours playtime against my friends.

Smash villains I'm a giant supporter of, and Pokémon and Mario are two of the biggest franchises included in Brawl - we already have Bowser, so why not Mewtwo, who is pretty much perceived as Pokémon's villain?

That's my reasoning for him to be in Brawl. I doubt he'd be cut.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
I still think that if any of them are being replaced, it would be Jigglypuff, as she is less important than Mewtwo. But I don't think any of them should go except Pichu.
Yeah, Pichu and Jigglypuff I can understand leaving. Sonic's Down B is almost rollout anyway, and Kirby provides the "Pinkpuffball" contingent...

I really wanted Deoxys to be in Brawl, he would be better than Lucario... ah but whatever... this is a Mewtwo thread.

MEWTWO FOR BRAWL!

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
Personally, while I like Pichu, he has a better chance of leaving than Mewtwo does since he was a joke character after all. I haven't seen anyone ****ting about Pichu staying or leaving like I have Mewtwo =\

Personally, while I like Pichu, he has a better chance of leaving than Mewtwo does since he was a joke character after all. I haven't seen anyone ****ting about Pichu staying or leaving like I have Mewtwo =\
Well of course Pichu is out. Nobody really argues with that because it's as close to being confirmed without actually being confirmed.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Pichu should be out. He hurt himself and had no advantages over Pikachu. And Sakurai is cruel enough to make Waluigi an AT, but he still he isn't evil enough to deconfirm Mewtwo and bring back Pichu, the worst character in Melee.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Pichu should be out. He hurt himself and had no advantages over Pikachu. And Sakurai is cruel enough to make Waluigi an AT, but he still he isn't evil enough to deconfirm Mewtwo and bring back Pichu, the worst character in Melee.
Pichu has a couple, very suddle, unnoticed advantages that are unnoticed because they suck.
Pichu is faster. Like, a lot. When dashing.
Pichu is harder to hit?? Yeah, this one's a bit wierd, but comes in handy about once in a blue moon.
(For those who have played Clash of Ninja 2, Pichu's advantage is like akamaru's, the difference being that akamaru is broken becuase you can't ever hit him with most moves, while pichu is just plain bad because the "tiny dodger" component is, well, tiny)

EDIT: Once again, I congragulate myself for wavering from Mewtwo...

MEWTWO FOR BRAWL!!

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
seriuosly even though pichu has a few advantages (that suck) he's exactly like picachu besides gettin hurt by his own attacks.....i didnt mind jiggs but mewtwo is more unique and can possibly become alot better than he was in melee....in other words mewtwo for brawl

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is fun, but if the rumors are true and Lucario is repalcing him, I'm not upset. Although Lucario is WEAK AGAINST FIGHTING attacks. That will make things kinda wierd...

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Mewtwo could be so awesome, all they need to do is change a couple of things, like make him heaps heavier. I reckon his speed was alright, but his smashes should be less laggy. Grabs were awesome, aerials...well i can deal with it, most tilts were cool, so that just leaves b moves. I reckon they should be something like Dthis:

B: Shadow Ball or Aura Sphere. Basically a ball he can charge, similar properties to melee.
B^: Teleport, same as melee.
B>: Disable, differences from melee being that it works more like bowsers >B. So, it can hit from any angle and has a bigger hitbox. If it hits, both mewtwo and the player freeze in their places in the air (like a grab but in the air). The opponent spins as if they are falling, but they are frozen in place. They can be held in place as long as they can with a grab. B can be used to shock them (like grab attacks), and any direction to throw them. What would make it really awesome is if down was an available direction for throwing while both players are above ground. So they slam into the ground. If the move is done on the ground, it is essentially a grab.
BV: Confusion: bigger hitbox, hits from behind opponents. Doesnt need much improvement.

Yeah...

Machete

Smash Ace
I dont care wheather pichu is in or not. I JUST WANT MEWTWO!
Pichu WILL be in. As a sticker and as a trophy. Even as a pokéball pokémon, if he's lucky.

But Mewtwo needs to come back. He was **** in Melee, and, like Bowser, he needs to be buffed. He's one of the most powerful pokémon; and he's a legendary. He should be one of the strongest characters! Also, Mewtwo's attack level is huge in the Pokémon games, he should be more powerful in Brawl.

Machete

Smash Ace
Strength in their own series doesn't have to reflect in Smash games.
Yeah, I know. But Mewtwo is one of the strongest pokémons, right? (I don't know anything about the 3rd and 4th generations) Mewtwo was known because he had a HUGE attack level... and in Smash he's extremely weak... I'm not saying that Mewtwo should be stronger than Ganondorf, Bowser or Ike; but at least, he should be stronger than Pikachu...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Just thinking: Do you think it may be time a new Mewtwo thread was made? Better upkeep, maybe a support group, and more information on the 1st post? Mewtwo deserves better. I'll get some opinions and if the idea goes over well, I'll get the OK to post a new one.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Just thinking: Do you think it may be time a new Mewtwo thread was made? Better upkeep, maybe a support group, and more information on the 1st post? Mewtwo deserves better. I'll get some opinions and if the idea goes over well, I'll get the OK to post a new one.
Well, it happened with a couple of other threads, so I don't think many people would mind that much.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
Because he was originally going to be in with his sword, they took him out for some reason, then when making clones, saw they still had his model and noticing how his wireframe liiks like Falcons......
i'm pretty sure it was on nintendopedia or regular wikipedia i read this on but...
ganondorf was originally going to have his own unique moveset but since melee had to come out with the gamecube there was not enough time too.

using an AR which i have done, u can use him with his sword it's really cool especially when he's also using the beamsword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom