• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Weegee's fireballs do 5% now. Before it was 6
I thought it always did 5%.

I get 11% al the time
no equipment, no customs,training mode against ALL THE ROSTER except jr
So, it never did 13%?

Falco's jab isn't any different.
No extra 1% anywhere? His Jab combo has 4 rapid jabs as the minimum before the finisher.

Well, aside from customs, unchecked other moves, unconfirmed Blaster rate of fire, unconfirmed D-throw nerf?, and Up Smash linking better, Falco's left unchanged for the most part. Oh, and someone on the Falco boards claimed he ran faster...

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Unless changes are found, the meta is looking to be kind to :4yoshi: and :rosalina:, with nerfed Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic b-throw

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just made a small check, ZSSamus feels the same, but the grab ending lag is definitely reduced which is nice.
Stealth buffed again, YEY

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm absolutely 100% without a doubt that Marth and Lucina have more ending lag on downthrow. You can no longer get a true combo doing dthrow bair. Uair still works.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Just made a small check, ZSSamus feels the same, but the grab ending lag is definitely reduced which is nice.
Stealth buffed again, YEY
I just tested, it seems like a small change but yeah there's a bit less lag on whiff.

misterbreadcrum

Smash Cadet
NNID
Misterbreadcrum
Unless changes are found, the meta is looking to be kind to :4yoshi: and :rosalina:, with nerfed Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic b-throw
I still think that Sonic will see an influx of players due to the Diddy nerf, which is a ****ing nightmare considering how trashy he is.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I still think that Sonic will see an influx of players due to the Diddy nerf, which is a ****ing nightmare considering how trashy he is.
He isn't that bad now. Before, I would notice Meekspeedy and other Sonics punish ledge getups by rolling behind -> B-throw. Now Sonics don't have a stupid way of getting a KO off a throw.

jamesdp5

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone can comfrim this but jiggypuff feels a little weaker but some moves such as downair seem to have less lag again this is just what it feels like i am not sure if it is true and also rest may have a bigger hitbox it seems to land more easy

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Something weird is definitely going on with Samus's bombs.

Obligatory disclaimer that I didn't use Samus enough pre-patch to be intimately familiar with the fuse timer, and this is the result of eyeballing and not a side-by-side, so take with appropriate amounts of salt.

First, the fuse seems shorter. When used on the ground, the bomb falls, bounces once, and explodes just before it lands for the second time. I don't recall it exploding this fast before.

Second, when used on top of an opponent, the bomb explodes even sooner -- just after it bounces for the first time.

Am I going crazy or is there a rational explanation for this?

Last edited:

El Rocky Raccoon

Smash Rookie
Really? I was expecting more changes... More nerfs to Diddy, Zero Suit Samus and Sheik, and buffs to Ganondorf and other heavy fighters.

Taro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicopanda
Anyone notice any zamus changes other than the slight reduction in lag following a whiffed grab?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Something weird is definitely going on with Samus's bombs.

Obligatory disclaimer that I didn't use Samus enough pre-patch to be intimately familiar with the fuse timer, and this is the result of eyeballing and not a side-by-side, so take with appropriate amounts of salt.

First, the fuse seems shorter. When used on the ground, the bomb falls, bounces once, and explodes just before it lands for the second time. I don't recall it exploding this fast before.

Second, when used on top of an opponent, the bomb explodes even sooner -- just after it bounces for the first time.

Am I going crazy or is there a rational explanation for this?
You're not crazy Drone, I've been noticing this as well. They don't seem to explode on contact, but the fuse seems to be shorter when close to opponents.

Not sure about the shorter overall fuse, but it seems like Samus's bombs got a slight buff on exploding near opponents. Means that she can actually lay traps now and they need to be respected: Fox can't run past them any-more without getting hit by the explosion, he could do this before.

Well, apparently it's been this way since release

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
He isn't that bad now. Before, I would notice Meekspeedy and other Sonics punish ledge getups by rolling behind -> B-throw. Now Sonics don't have a stupid way of getting a KO off a throw.
He's punishing characters for being bad lol...he never was that bad, just the people fighting him are (don't know how to, never learned in brawl)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
You're not crazy Drone, I've been noticing this as well. They don't seem to explode on contact, but the fuse seems to be shorter when close to opponents.

Not sure about the shorter overall fuse, but it seems like Samus's bombs got a slight buff on exploding near opponents. Means that she can actually lay traps now and they need to be respected: Fox can't run past them any-more without getting hit by the explosion, he could do this before.
Did a smidge more testing. In general, Samus's bombs start flashing when they become proximity-sensitive.

This also applies to her Mega Bomb custom.

Like, even if they always worked like this, it's still news to me. So yeah, I'm mildly excited to learn this.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Basically going to have to wait for the data dump. Usmash seems identical. Better linking is probably placebo.
Okay, we'll see I guess. I believe people confirmed that Zelda USmash and FSmash got better linking, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that this other notoriously unreliable move was touched up.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
We have a dubious claim on the Ike boards, if somebody with access to both versions could check this, it would be great.

Supposedly Ftilt comes out faster. Only bringing it up because like 4 people have chimed in about this. But they're all newer people/people I don't recognize. Also have one guy claiming Fair/Nair is faster, but nobody else believes him so you can probably write that one off without even testing them.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
@Shaya i can confirm that :4samus: has changed.

1. Homing missiles travel faster. Even when the missile has ran out of propellant it still travels faster than it did pre-patch.

2. F-tilt (non angled) has a 4th hitbox (point blank, mid range, tipper, extended tipper). The extended tipper does an extra %. Meaning it went from 7% to 8%

3. Point blank f-tilt (all angles) has received reduced hits run/knockback.

4. All other "buffs" that are being talked about are placebo.
Soo no one is checking out that 1.5 damage on the first hit of zair? im quite sure that 2 zairs where both hits land should be 8%and not 9

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
He's punishing characters for being bad lol...he never was that bad, just the people fighting him are (don't know how to, never learned in brawl)
We'll likely not see an influx if the bthrow nerf is real. How the hell is he supposed to KO now? :\

Samus' jab is no longer a joke.
I can't read this in anything but Doc Louis' voice...

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Someone needs to video the proposed bowser changes supposedly confirmed on reddit

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
We have a dubious claim on the Ike boards, if somebody with access to both versions could check this, it would be great.

Supposedly Ftilt comes out faster. Only bringing it up because like 4 people have chimed in about this. But they're all newer people/people I don't recognize. Also have one guy claiming Fair/Nair is faster, but nobody else believes him so you can probably write that one off without even testing them.
Both seem the same to me in terms of speed. Probably just a placebo.

Luigis downB last hit has much less knockback. It can't kill ever again... maybe at 200 %. >.>
Dthrow to downB combo didn't KO Mewtwo at ~150 %. And it's one of the lightest characters.
Yeah the knockback got hit hard.
http://smashboards.com/threads/dthrow-cyclone-video.384079/

^Above was the data gathered by ThunderStorm before. The D-throw -> Cyclone KO doesn't work at these percentages no more

I knew it, I was just doing the cyclone wrong. I tried it again and the cyclone KO's still work at these percents.

Last edited:

jamesdp5

Smash Rookie
Hey i can say for sure that the jigg's downair is much more powerfull and has a little less lag

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So how is Wario, the A tier who nobody cares about?
Couldn't find any changes regarding the top 10 Japan recognizes and everyone here underrates.

i.e. Wario seems to remain unchanged. I'm still testing his bike shenanigans and eating items just in case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom