• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Maybe there never really was a rule making it so that Samus's Utilt only spiked ground opponents, but rather
the spike hitbox being so small and near the end of the move making it seem that way?
No, it only spikes grounded opponents.

Conda

Has Shulk's back slash to the front always done 10%?
Plase check before posting, the info is readily available on the shulk forums.
He has customs?
Again, the info should be available on other threads. This is a patch changes thread, search tools are your friend for other purposes and questions. :)

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
He has customs?
Well I went into customs and it allowed me to select him, I havent unlocked any yet because I gave up early in. Im gonna try on smash run on 3ds instead soon.

Is it confirmed he doesn't have customs? Like I guess its possible I just thought it wouldnt let me select him in the edit customs screen if that was true.

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I can't wait for the new RosaLuma meta. It's gonna be even worse than Diddy. Prepare for an influx of campy, floaty games that make it to Sudden Death half the time.

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
Well I went into customs and it allowed me to select him, I havent unlocked any yet because I gave up early in. Im gonna try on smash run on 3ds instead soon.

Is it confirmed he doesn't have customs? Like I guess its possible I just thought it wouldnt let me select him in the edit customs screen.
I'm not sure, I just saw on GameFAQs that he didn't have customs. Though it is GameFAQs, so it's not exactly credible.

Last edited:

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Diddly only should have had a small knockback nerf with his uair (or more lag after a down throw) and fsmash, I think the changes to his fair and damage nerf on his uair were completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Now we have to reap what we sow, because diddy was the only character keeping the annoying or campy characters in check, like rosalina, olimar, PACman, sonic, and the frame free characters like luigi and Mario. Now people like myself, who mains Dk and could take on diddy, have to deal with this BS on a larger scale.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
NO WAY THIS CANNOT BE
Other then like 2 Shadow Sneak bugfixes and maybe the 2nd hit of Usmash being faster allowing it to connect reliably, nope not much changed about Greninja. At least according to word of mouth, I don't have the patch or M2 yet and won't till midnight.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Diddly only should have had a small knockback nerf with his uair (or more lag after a down throw) and fsmash, I think the changes to his fair and damage nerf on his uair were completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Now we have to reap what we sow, because diddy was the only character keeping the annoying or campy characters in check, like rosalina, olimar, PACman, sonic, and the frame free characters like luigi and Mario. Now people like myself, who mains Dk and could take on diddy, have to deal with this BS on a larger scale.
This belongs in the "Character Competitive Impressions" thread. This thread is only for posting changes, not discussing how they will impact the metagame.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
>dk
>one of the worst

...welp u need education.
Late reply but here I go.
Yeah, personally DK is easily in the bottom 10 in the game. He has his good match ups and a few even ones, but most of the time DK ends up losing out. And I'm not including customs and his amazing up B custom.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
people who are complaining about characters like sonic, rosalina and such overrunning the game now should be more worried about ZSS becoming more prevalent. She wasn't changed in the slightest and arguably now will have the easiest time taking stocks thanks to dthrow > uair > up-b strings on nearly the whole cast. She basically is now what sheik would like to be if she was a bit faster and with better reach.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
people who are complaining about characters like sonic, rosalina and such overrunning the game now should be more worried about ZSS becoming more prevalent. She wasn't changed in the slightest and arguably now will have the easiest time taking stocks thanks to dthrow > uair > up-b strings on nearly the whole cast. She basically is now what sheik would like to be if she was a bit faster and with better reach.
Sorry somehow I forgot to mention zss, you're absolutely right.

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
This is my first post here ever, I'm maining Zero suit, and she seems kinda different, anyone remember if you could control her up special after unleashing it? Because you cannot do that now at least, and it seems a lot easier to DI out of. I updated both my 3DS and Wii U version because I was too hyped so I didn't check.[/quote]

you can control it before and after patch. but after patch it does seem to be easier to DI out of left or right near the beginning of the animation.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, personally DK is easily in the bottom 10 in the game. He has his good match ups and a few even ones, but most of the time DK ends up losing out. And I'm not including customs and his amazing up B custom.
metagame without customs is useless, DK is easily top15 of the game

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
im not either, but whateve not the place.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
This is my first post here ever, I'm maining Zero suit, and she seems kinda different, anyone remember if you could control her up special after unleashing it? Because you cannot do that now at least, and it seems a lot easier to DI out of. I updated both my 3DS and Wii U version because I was too hyped so I didn't check.
Deconfirmed. Up-b is unchanged, you can still adjust its trajectory slightly. Please do not post changes if you are unable to verify them or provide a verified source.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I keep hearing Lady Palutena got buffed, but the only thing I've seen confirmed is a slight graphical change in her shiny moves, e.g. her fair. I really want her buffed because of she's so light but has such disgusting lag.

Conda

I think Ike's counter has more knockback now...
Again guys, if everyone posted stuff like this this thread would be fully useless for any readers or posters. Please have some self control.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Quick question. Completely unrelated to character tweaks but does this patch break Wii U replays?

Last edited:

Psycho waffles

Smash Rookie
I could be crazy but possible zelda changes

U-tilt 6% (7%)
F/B-Air SS 21% (20%)
N-air 10% (maybe changed to 11%)
U-air 16% (15%)
Up-B 1st Hit 6% (same)/2nd Hit 8% (12%)

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Can we get some OP updates soon? It might help cut down on some of the "has this been changed?" when people have confirmed it was like 10 pages ago.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I played a little before work. I didn't notice any different in Little Mac's Smashes in terms of KO-ing.

Wario N-Air is already Frame 4 pre-patch. If anything, it would be glorious if the sweetspot lasted for longer than one frame and didn't have something like nine frames of no hitbox before the sourspot kicks in. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom