• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
The leak is of the Nintendo direct coming out on the 1st of April so we can "officially confirm" it in two days anyway :p

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Now that I have Mewtwo confirmed, can you guys sign me up for the 3DS tournament?

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I am most likely able to do this. If the tourney is around May, I can do WiiU and 3DS. Otherwise, I'm only able to do 3DS.

Also also if it's the 25th of April, that might not work due to a local tournament that day.

Either way, GET HYPED!!!!!

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
4 hours and 10 minutes until the direct for me, its a shame I won't be around to see it. Gotta get my Mewtwo skills up to crush all opposition.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
4 hours and 10 minutes until the direct for me, its a shame I won't be around to see it. Gotta get my Mewtwo skills up to crush all opposition.
Isn't the direct at 3PM PST? I'm pretty sure the direct airs everywhere at the same time...

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
TWO MORE HOURS UNTIL DIRECT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
pls say something about mewtwo. pls come out soon.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So the date is in May 2nd then :).

I think maybe we should have 2 tournies, that way we can allow everyone (people who only own 3DS and people who only own Wii U) to participate.

May 2nd one, no customs, 3DS only.

May 9th, customs, Wii U only. (This gives enough time to unlock the customs for Mewtwo in case he doesn't have them unlocked from the beginning).

@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed what do you think?

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
I'm game
Green as always, I will spam disable until you are all dead.

All of you.

also, where the obligatory spoon that tells everyone to stop being scrubs and play PM?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There we have it

Club nintendo gets mewtwo the 15th

Everyone else 28th

So shall come with a date for are mewtwo only tournament.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Is this going to be online or at a venue?
I didn't see you list one but if its close to me I would love to go!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh shoot, I haven't been keeping up with this.
But yeah, I'll go ahead and confirm the tournament's date. May 2nd.

The 3DS Tournament will happen in the morning around 10:00 AM EST
The Wii U Tournament will happen in the afternoon around 6:00 PM EST

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Is this go
Online.

@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

So should we do 3DS May 2nd, Wii U May 9th? No customs then customs or what's your idea?
defently no customs, if this is going to be an online mewtwo only event, then not a lot of people are going to have full customs, and that just ain't fair.
Also, if its online, i would still like to sign up, but, i've been having some problems directly connecting to freinds online, so unless tourney modes comes out as well, prepare to knock me out due to inactivity. :/ :salt:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Is this go

defently no customs, if this is going to be an online mewtwo only event, then not a lot of people are going to have full customs, and that just ain't fair.
Also, if its online, i would still like to sign up, but, i've been having some problems directly connecting to freinds online, so unless tourney modes comes out as well, prepare to knock me out due to inactivity. :/ :salt:
Customs....hmm....I'll have to have a public opinion vote when it comes to those.

What do you all think? Customs banned or Customs permitted?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Customs....hmm....I'll have to have a public opinion vote when it comes to those.
What do you all think? Customs banned or Customs permitted?
Customs definitely permitted. It'd be pointless to have every Mewtwo with the same exact moves. It would get stale real quick.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh hey, seems like it could be fun! Sign me up I guess! As for customs...um...well I know I probably won't use them, but I dont wanna stop anyone else. If its a Mewtwo only tourney, might be nice to have some variety and understand the character more, sure, alright, bring em on I guess.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I think custom moves should be permitted at least as long as all of them are unlocked by default, which is something I'm hoping for. Otherwise maybe they could be allowed, maybe not... I don't know how long it takes to unlock all customs when focusing on only one character.

Oh well, vote for customs on. In a tournament when only one character is allowed I think we would want some variety among players.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Alright guys, customs seem to be fine with the current majority. But I'll hold off the final decision until later.
I'm in real need of a custom banner if anyone is able to do that for me. <3

Edit: WE'VE REACHED THE 50 PEOPLE GOAL!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Since it's on Saturday, I might have work and may have to skip one of the tournaments depending on when I'm scheduled...

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Customs on. That's my vote. Anyway, Count me in! (list me as Spenstar3D)

edit: where is the tourney going to be exactly?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Since it's on Saturday, I might have work and may have to skip one of the tournaments depending on when I'm scheduled...
You could always participate in either the morning or evening one, depending on what suits you best. Speaking of which, when Mewtwo releases on the 15th, I'll be posting a bracket for each console. Everyone may then sign up for the one they wish to join.
Please note, you may join one or both...it's all up to you!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think custom moves should be permitted at least as long as all of them are unlocked by default, which is something I'm hoping for. Otherwise maybe they could be allowed, maybe not... I don't know how long it takes to unlock all customs when focusing on only one character.

Oh well, vote for customs on. In a tournament when only one character is allowed I think we would want some variety among players.
As someone who unlocked all customs by scheduling to unlock 2-3 chars per day I can safely say that if you just do All-Stars on hard repeatedly it should take you 30 minutes to 2 hours to unlock all the customs for a single character (time depends on how lucky you get).

May 2nd gives everyone 4 whole days (17 days to those with the CN promotion) to spend less than 2 hours in All Star mode. You can use this 2 hours to learn Mewtwo's moves and properties. I myself will jump into All-Star as the very first thing I do. That way I can use those 2 hours to get a feeling for all of Mewtwo's moves and "kill 2 birds with 1 stone".

I also vote for customs on.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Alright guys, customs seem to be fine with the current majority. But I'll hold off the final decision until later.
I'm in real need of a custom banner if anyone is able to do that for me. <3

Edit: WE'VE REACHED THE 50 PEOPLE GOAL!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!
I vote for Customs on, please.
And what do you have in mind for a banner? My skills are pretty limited, but I might be able to make one for you.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I vote for Customs on, please.
And what do you have in mind for a banner? My skills are pretty limited, but I might be able to make one for you.
I need a banner with the official art.

It needs to striking, fitting Mewtwo's strength. Also, it needs to have "Mewtwo Tournament" and "May 2nd" written somewhere on it.
Also, make sure the colouring is fitting as well...that's a given, but still!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I need a banner with the official art.

It needs to striking, fitting Mewtwo's strength. Also, it needs to have "Mewtwo Tournament" and "May 2nd" written somewhere on it.
Also, make sure the colouring is fitting as well...that's a given, but still!
Alright! I think I can do this. I can't get to my computer right now, so it might be a little while, but I'll post the banner here once I've completed it.

Top Bottom