• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wii U Pro

Tap Jump off
Rumble off

ZL Shield
ZR Jump
X Special
Y Grab

Everything else default.

Depending on how Mewtwo plays I might switch the control stick to "attack" instead of "smash".

Last edited:

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
So you have two special buttons?
I don't think it's really a thing that can be dictated as to how he plays, as I've seen many people play in many different ways. I play Lucario somewhat in the middle, more defensive however I've seen a rushdown playstyle work with him too.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So you have two special buttons?
I don't think it's really a thing that can be dictated as to how he plays, as I've seen many people play in many different ways. I play Lucario somewhat in the middle, more defensive however I've seen a rushdown playstyle work with him too.
I don't use B, it's way too far from the control stick.

This is my logic:

Actions you most use in order:

Moving
Jumping
A button
Shield button
Grabs/Specials

First rule. If an action can be chained, then keep a separate finger for it.

Which actions can be chained?

Jump + Anything
Shield + Anything
Moving + Anything

Which actions can't be chained?

A + Special
Grab + Special
A + Grab

So these actions are the best candidates to share a finger (in this case my thumb)

The main action of those 3 should have the most prominent button (in this case control stick) and when in neutral your finger should rest on that button unless planning something specific with another button.

Lastly on Attack vs Smash. It does depend on how Mewtwo plays. I will set my stick at whichever move is better for "quick reactions" or combo chains. Using the control stick is always more fluid than using buttons and it's more comfortable to me. Basically if Down-Tilt is Mewtwo's go-to option at all times then I will probably just set control stick to Tilts so I can go into aerials from my Tilts without having to move a finger.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm beginning to think that Nonspecific likes posts as a bookmark so he can keep track of the post he left off at.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Speaking of the 3DS tournament, I'm providing the reward for the Wii U version so who's going to provide for the 3DS version?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Guys, spring is here, and I think it's time to settle on some sort of date.

Here's my proposition; if Mewtwo is released within the next two weeks, the tournament date will be on the 11th of April.

If Mewtwo is not released by then, we'll have it on the 25th of April.

If Mewtwo is not released by May...well, Sakurai is officially a pain in my butt.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Officially signing up for both tournaments!!

Also, I think custom moves should definitely be a thing for this tournament. The most dedicated Mewtwo player should win!

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I will have an exam between 13 and 18 april, (still I don't know which day), probably until that day I can't play :(

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Hello everybody, the great and powerful Speed here.... obviously everyone who hangs around the Mewtwo forums knows of me.... *cough*

Anywhooo...I wanted to inform everyone of an idea I thought of today; what if we have a tournament dedicated to the celebration of Mewtwo being released for Smash? That is, a tourney that consists of only him and the fans dedicated to using him once he's released.
Now, of course, this tourney won't be available until he actually is released, but I wanted to post this to see how many of you guys would be interested in participating to see who is the quickest to master the most powerful Pokemon to ever exist.

I am actually planning on giving out a game of your choice that is worth 600 or less at Club Nintendo for 1st place and a $10 Nintendo E-Shop card to 2nd place- but if you're interested in donating more to the reward, please let me know. If so, the 3rd place winner will likely also receive some sort of reward, as well.

Finally, I will probably be hosting a tournament for both systems (3DS and Wii U) on different dates, however, only the Wii U version will be receiving a prize at the time, forgive me.
Rules
3 Stock Matches
8 Minute Timer
Best 2/3
Winners 3/5
Customs Moves are Permitted, but not Custom Equipment

Tournament Date

Starting on the 20th of March....if Mewtwo is released within the next two weeks, the tournament date will be on the 11th of April.

If Mewtwo is not released by then, we'll have it on the 25th of April.

If Mewtwo is not released by May...well, Sakurai is officially a pain in my butt.

Wii U version
Starter stages-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Miiverse (if available)
Counterpicks-
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Kongo Jungle 64
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages
Pokemon Stadium 2
Those Interested in Participating
  1. Speed
  2. Liquid
  3. NonSpecificGuy
  4. KenithTheGatherer
  5. U-Throw
  6. godogod
  7. Sakuraichu
  8. Mewtwomaster
  9. SmashOperatingBuddy
  10. Spirst
  11. Whia
  12. TheBadLamp
  13. Spatman
  14. TonicTheSqurriel
  15. UtahCharizard
  16. Ravioko
  17. SmashBros
  18. Raykz
  19. LyronDRC
  20. Zoljinx
  21. ShinyRegice
  22. SmashCat9000
  23. obeymalleo
  24. ZachMac
  25. Jiggly
  26. SmashRiver
  27. 9Tales
  28. Geoffery Druyts
  29. M-Squared
  30. Lord Xahntan
  31. Zee'mmorro
  32. Spider-Mew
  33. Leyzr
  34. Kuraudo
  35. Vexor1011
  36. JimmyTheCaterpiller
  37. TaichiYaegashi
  38. Kaora
I'm... interested :p

If only because of Mewtwo, but I'm kinda concerned that the matches will be laggy af and timezone stuff, but put me down as interested for now :p

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested. Count me in!

By the way, Raykz, great explanation as to how you map your controls and why. Learned a thing or two I'll be using in the future.

johab001

Smash Cadet
i dont know if i will be in time for the tournament due to it being uncertain if i will get the mewtwo code from my partner. He hasn't been around the boards since february.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
Mewtwo coming April 9th for those who registered both games and June for those who want to purchase him outside that deal.

(at least according to the leak)

Top Bottom