• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

Spirst

Neon is the one who seems to like every post. Plus Morbid used to literally like every single post in a thread xD.

Also, I prefer 3 stocks, but that's just me. 3 stocks 7 mins?
How could you not mention the embodiment of the Like button, NonSpecificGuy? Unless Neon = type of Non which I'm assuming it is.

3 stocks 7 mins is fine. I don't care whether it's 7 or 8 minutes but I definitely do prefer 3 stocks to 2.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
How could you not mention the embodiment of the Like button, NonSpecificGuy? Unless Neon = type of Non which I'm assuming it is.

3 stocks 7 mins is fine. I don't care whether it's 7 or 8 minutes but I definitely do prefer 3 stocks to 2.
Yea that was a typo, meant to write "NonSpecificGuy" I guess xD.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't care either way if it is best of 3. If it's best of one, then yeah I'd prefer 3 stocks.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
If I had a vote it would be for 3 stock. I don't mind longer matches personally and 3 stock means that the more skilled wins more consistently.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
I would be interested in the tournament but it depends on the day and what's going on with college that week.

godogod

Smash Ace
2 stock is like nothing. One small thing and you're screwed. I think 3 stock is the best. That way someone has a chance to catch up. More room for mistakes early in the game.

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
I'm interested in it! Like Lord Xanthan, it also depends on the day, but we don't know when MuuTuu is being released, so it's not logical to make a set date now.

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
There will be a stream.
Regarding the stream, will that be for the finals, or most battles? I know at least one of us each battle needs a capturing device, if we're doing full stream. Apologies if it's a dumb question. xD

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Regarding the stream, will that be for the finals, or most battles? I know at least one of us each battle needs a capturing device, if we're doing full stream. Apologies if it's a dumb question. xD
I can stream every single one of my own battles, plus I could join other battles and stream them too. Obviously I can't stream every battle as that would mean every battle would have to be held at different times which would mean the tournament taking forever, but I think a good compromise is streaming all of my own battles + top 8. If any other streamers are out there maybe we could do more.

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
My username is LyonDRC btw, not LyronDRC :p There's no r.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Tempted to...if it will be online...although it'll feel strange not playing Lucina or Meta Knight (course I'll want to learn Mewtwo and main him as well). :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So how would I go about signing up? Just say I want to participate?
Yes. I hope more people join. :)

Speed have you decided on the format of the tournie?

I think that since it's online we should do a Swiss format for 5-6 rounds and after that the Top 8 move onwards and are seeded by their current win ratio with a double elimination format.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, I was thinking....there's not a whole lot of reason for counterpicking stages in a one-character tourny, is there?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ya know, I was thinking....there's not a whole lot of reason for counterpicking stages in a one-character tourny, is there?
Lol, I guess counterpicking for stage knowledge? Some people are not good at platform mechanics, and some othrs aren't used to recovering towards certain ledges.

But then again, we'll all be playing each other for the first time, no one will know any of the opponents weak spots or any of the sort.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Could someone explain counterpicking?
Sorry... I'm new...
Some characters work better on certain stages then others. For instance, a character with a lot of projectile attacks will often work better on Final Destination then on Battlefield, since the opponent won't just be able to jump onto a platform to get out of the way.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Could someone explain counterpicking?
Sorry... I'm new...

A set is normally 2/3 (sometimes 3/5 and on very rare ocassions 5/7). When you lose a match you are allowed to pick the stage you will play on the next match in order for you to gain a slight advantage. Normally you want to pick a stage that suits you and hinders your opponent. In a sense you want to "counter" your opponent with your stage pick.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thanks. If it's a Mewtwo only tourney that's useless though.
Customs are allowed, so it'll be more enjoyable than just a bunch of Vanilla Mewtwo's. Could have some interesting possibilities.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
Well it was stated if customs had to be unlocked normally then they were banned. I think it's safer to say they're banned until we know for sure.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I will say that a match being a ditto doesn't mean it isn't fun.

Captain Falcon dittos are one of the most exciting matches in almost every Smash (except Brawl).

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Sakurai doesn't seem to be the guy who likes to change a whole lot of his own views so I am guessing Mewtwo will still be:

1. Tall
2. Light
3. Floaty
4. Slow

That said Mewtwo always had a good combo game with his tilts and also good juggles with great aerial control which lead to easy gimps (although gimping under this gravity is completely different). Add that to the fact that he has easy kills via up-throw/shadow ball/back-throw and I can totally see Mewtwo being played aggresively, although strategicly, I don't think he'll be able to go all aggro like Falcon or Fox.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well definatly not april 9th for this tourny

And wow this is going to be a steam tournment wow besides a google thing i did the first time im on the air for something.

By the way where i am i won't be able to fight till 2pm till 3pm on week days and after 6pm i can fight.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always get the jitters in tournaments already, but the stream will probably make me even more nervous.
Watch as I accidentally spot dodge 8 times in a row.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm wondering if I should play the 3DS tournament when my LR button rarely works...or find a way to fix/clean them for free before it happens.

Top Bottom