• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

godogod

Smash Ace
Will custom movesets be allowed? (not stat changing equipment of course).

Spatman

Smash Ace
custom moveset allowed would been interesting...

in particular if all custom moves will be unlocked automatically

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
custom moveset allowed would been interesting...

in particular if all custom moves will be unlocked automatically
I assume they will be. We can always make a condition to permit them if everyone gets them automatically by downloading Mewtwo.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I would say to just allow them honestly. I have a feeling Mewtwo himself my be unlockable for some reason. As in you download the "right" to unlock him. Although that seems very unlikely, it's just a gut feeling I have.

Still, customs would allow for more diversity in the tournament.

Spirst

Yeah, I'm for customs. Makes dittos a lot more entertaining as it allows for more deviation in playstyle.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Alrighty, I'll go ahead and permit customs for the time being. However, if Mewtwo does not come with his custom attacks from the start, I will remove the option, since it is often very difficult to find specific custom moves for a specific character.

godogod

Smash Ace
I would say to just allow them honestly. I have a feeling Mewtwo himself my be unlockable for some reason. As in you download the "right" to unlock him. Although that seems very unlikely, it's just a gut feeling I have.

Still, customs would allow for more diversity in the tournament.
I think the worst that would happen is if they make the challenger approaching screen and have us fight a mewtwo CPU to unlock him
buy even the , I doubt it.. Especially if we are paying for it.

I would actually love it if we fought him first and got to unlock his trophies and customs.. At the very least, the trophies need to be locked.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think the worst that would happen is if they make the challenger approaching screen and have us fight a mewtwo CPU to unlock him
buy even the , I doubt it.. Especially if we are paying for it.

I would actually love it if we fought him first and got to unlock his trophies and customs.. At the very least, the trophies need to be locked.
I'm certain we'll have to go after the Classic. Alt, and AllStar trophies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not all that great yet and I'll probably get my rear kicked, but...

Sure, why not? It's all in good fun. I'm in.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well I am pretty sure we won't see Mewtwo until at least April, so yea, we will probably reach 50 by then.
That'd be a bad business model to release him in April, especially for those still on the fence about if getting the Wii U version is worth it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That'd be a bad business model to release him in April, especially for those still on the fence about if getting the Wii U version is worth it.
Do you mean because the offer ends March 31st?

I am assuming the offer ends right as he is released. So I am expecting first week of April to be his release date. His release date will for sure be close to the end of the promotion and it will be announced way earlier. I expect a release date announcement in the next 4 weeks (hopefully with a gameplay video).

Still one can only hope he is released before the offer ends, but I think it's just being hopeful.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Do you mean because the offer ends March 31st?

I am assuming the offer ends right as he is released. So I am expecting first week of April to be his release date. His release date will for sure be close to the end of the promotion and it will be announced way earlier. I expect a release date announcement in the next 4 weeks (hopefully with a gameplay video).

Still one can only hope he is released before the offer ends, but I think it's just being hopeful.
It would be in Nintendo's best interest to release him before hand that way word can get around how awesome, or not, Mewtwo is, creating hype and getting people more on board with the idea resulting in more sales of the Wii U version.

Of course Nintendo has never been known for being "smart" business wise so, who knows? If Nintendo does release him before hand, the second week of March would be the most likely release window.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think they just picked March as the registration window because of Club Nintendo going down and all that.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would join
But since we don't 3DS here
I can't
Because I do not own a Wii U of my own
But I am getting Mewtwo
So good luck to all Mewtwos willing to Out-Mewtwo the Mewtwos in a Mewtwo Battle

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would join
But since we don't 3DS here
I can't
Because I do not own a Wii U of my own
But I am getting Mewtwo
So good luck to all Mewtwos willing to Out-Mewtwo the Mewtwos in a Mewtwo Battle
...if you read the description, you would see that there will be a tournament for both versions of the game. xD

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...if you read the description, you would see that there will be a tournament for both versions of the game. xD
I saw no mention of the 3DS Version
Or even a stage list for that matter
But if we are 3DS'ing
sign me up
I wanna out-Mewtwo (die horribly) all the scrubs (Melee Pros) from the comfort of my own home (insane asylum for flat people)
It'll be fun :3

Morbi

Scavenger
Three stock, and eight minutes? Eh? Not really my cup of tea, especially since everyone will be mirror matching with a newly released character. However, I must ask, will you be streaming the tournament, or recording matches to put up on YouTube? I would be interested in spectating, at the very least.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Three stock, and eight minutes? Eh? Not really my cup of tea, especially since everyone will be mirror matching with a newly released character. However, I must ask, will you be streaming the tournament, or recording matches to put up on YouTube? I would be interested in spectating, at the very least.
To be fair, customs will be permitted for Mewtwo. So there will be some sort of diversity. Also, is there something wrong with 3 stocks and 8 minutes? o.o;
And yes, I already have someone who has volunteered to stream.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
To be fair, customs will be permitted for Mewtwo. So there will be some sort of diversity. Also, is there something wrong with 3 stocks and 8 minutes? o.o;
And yes, I already have someone who has volunteered to stream.
most people prefer 2 stock 6 minutes, as 8 minutes can get long, especially with a new character where people are bound to play more defensively. I have no problem tho! ^_^

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Whoa, it's getting streamed? I guess people will see me get owned due to not playing competitively...or I will do better than I expect. What if his customs are supposed to be unlocked?

Top Bottom