• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'd like to be in too.

Also, is this in a day or over time?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
On May 2nd.
It will be held and finished on the same day.
So, what about the tournament style?

Single Elim?

Double Elim?

Swiss?

I think I made an analysis about why Swiss was probably the best for everyone, don't know if you want me to repost that.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Unsure if I can, will let you know closer to the date.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm joinin' in the 3DS Bracketerino, but you probably already know that.
Mewtwo better be good, because I need someone to hold me over for Lucas bby. :b

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh right! This is for both systems! Oh, sorry, but could I just be on the Wii U bracket? The 3ds version kinda hurts my hands.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to make this guys, sorry! I've got my wedding reception that evening. If we do another one of these, I'll join for sure!

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I'm currently on a phone with slowed data so please pardon my unawareness but to enter do I add myself to a bracket or just say which tournament I want to enter? On the front page, the only stages dealt with the Wii U version so I was confused (I'd like to be in the 3DS tournament). If this has been explained already I apologize and thank you in advance.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm currently on a phone with slowed data so please pardon my unawareness but to enter do I add myself to a bracket or just say which tournament I want to enter? On the front page, the only stages dealt with the Wii U version so I was confused (I'd like to be in the 3DS tournament). If this has been explained already I apologize and thank you in advance.
I forgot to add 3DS stages, my bad.
But you'll be added to the interest category and when Mewtwo releases on the 15th, you'll be able to chose which version of the tournament you wish to enter.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I forgot to add 3DS stages, my bad.
But you'll be added to the interest category and when Mewtwo releases on the 15th, you'll be able to chose which version of the tournament you wish to enter.
Thank you! I hope setting up actual brackets isn't too frustrating for you.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I won't be able to make this guys, sorry! I've got my wedding reception that evening. If we do another one of these, I'll join for sure!
Congrats and shes definatly lucky and you TWO.
Thanks! I like to think so :) She's letting me teach her Smash, so we soon may have another convert to Mewtwo...
Good luck with that.

And definatly plan on doing future mewtwo only tournys as well.

Loved it that speed set this tournament up.

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in helping manage a certain bracket, please let me know!
I'll offer any help I can, just let me know. Also, how are the matches going to go? As in, are you going to do a 3player match and then suicide to watch the match or just take the players' word on who won/loss?

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I'll put down some ideas for legal 3DS stages.

Definitely legal:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island

Possible:
-Jungle Japes
-Mute City
-Tortimer Island (join with 4 players and press R in stage select screen so you can disable trees and boat)
-Arena Ferox
-Corneria (Ness and Rosalina can't be played in this tournament, so that weird glitch won't work.)
-Boxing ring
-Prism Tower

I think this is a pretty good starting list, but some of the stages I picked may be stretching it. If I missed anything, let me know.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'll put down some ideas for legal 3DS stages.

Definitely legal:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island

Possible:
-Jungle Japes
-Mute City
-Tortimer Island (join with 4 players and press R in stage select screen so you can disable trees and boat)
-Arena Ferox
-Corneria (Ness and Rosalina can't be played in this tournament, so that weird glitch won't work.)
-Boxing ring
-Prism Tower

I think this is a pretty good starting list, but some of the stages I picked may be stretching it. If I missed anything, let me know.
Boxing Ring with it's walkoffs should not be permitted, and Jungle Japes along with Mute City can be a real pain to play on sometimes...
However! Everything else seems fine to me.
Any objections?

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
I would've added Gaur Plain, but U-throw would probably kill at 0% from the top 2 platforms there.

Well, I was referring to Mewtwo's U-throw, but even our resident U-throw would kill things from there. Anything would kill from that point.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I would've added Gaur Plain, but U-throw would probably kill at 0% from the top 2 platforms there.

Well, I was referring to Mewtwo's U-throw, but even our resident U-throw would kill things from there. Anything would kill from that point.
I hate Gaur Plain with a passion. The music is awesome, the non-omega stage should've never been made.
For the most part I agree with Speed. Boxing Ring and Mute City: No no
Corneria should be fine.
I'm impartial to Jungle Japes.

D

Deleted member

I'll try to make time to join the Wii U tourney, if there are enough spots open. I don't know if my Mewtwo knowledge will be enough in only 17 days, but sign me up anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Will any matches be recorded? I'd love to watch the semi-finals or the championship match

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Thanks! I like to think so :) She's letting me teach her Smash, so we soon may have another convert to Mewtwo...
congrats dude! in a few years im marrying my sweetheart christina :3
wish you and your future wife many happy years to come! :D

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It will be a bracket tournament and I will be using Challonge to display and run it.
Double Elimination then? Challonge can handle Pools/Swiss too (and single elimination too). I've always thought for online tournies Swiss allows more people to play under the same time schedule. But I guess Double Elim is fine.

Kiwi Bandit

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-6918-7543
I'm definitely interested in participating! I'm excited to see how my Mewtwo will stack up against the others~

LordeJawsheen

Smash Rookie
I'd like to be in ! Only 3ds torney tho :/ no wii u, i wish i had one, I want to be good at Mewtwo, and fighting lots of other Mewtwo's will surely make me better! :D

Top Bottom