• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Spoiler-free!)

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think Dark Samus is Metroid Prime... it takes place on a different planet, after all. So unless Metroid Prime somehow built a ship, I don't see how it could be him (her?).

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Arrow, it's a videogame. -_-' They don't have to explain EVERYTHING. And who knows? Maybe those GF's (if that is what they are) were transporting Dark Samus and it got loose on the ship and caused all sorts of **** explaining why they are landed on the planet... *waits impatiently for tomorrow* :|

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kid Icarus
Echoes takes place after Metroid, making it a true sequel.
They said Metroid, not Metroid Prime. So It seems it's before Prime, as MK said. Don't like the ammo bit....

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see why they'd call it Metroid Prime 2 if it came before Metroid Prime 1. It just wouldn't make sense.

But I can't think straight right now...

*in extacy over everything at E3*

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe those GF's (if that is what they are) were transporting Dark Samus and it got loose on the ship and caused all sorts of **** explaining why they are landed on the planet...
That's a very good theory, actually. It does appear in the video that Dark Samus is escaping from some sort of lab, so maybe the GF captured it somehow and then were forced to land on Aether, which is where the story begins.

They said Metroid, not Metroid Prime. So It seems it's before Prime, as MK said.
Eh, I agree with Giygas. It would be kind of dumb to call it Metroid Prime 2 if it takes place before Prime. I think that quote you had was just a typo, and they meant it's a true sequel to MP. After all, MP was supposed to take place right after Metroid.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh yeah. So This is Metroid 1.75 then (MP was nicknamed M 1.5 by some) Either way....*drools*

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
god**** it that better trailer is only for ign subscribers! nooo1!!!!!!!!
From what i saw tho, it looks really sweet. It seems like the missle can now be used to hit multiple targets or something.

edit. i just saw the videos non-subscribers can ssee and even tho they're low-res....holy fricken sweet!!!!!!!!! i saw screwball!!!!! i can barely contain my glee!!!

and reading that article, it seems that only the light and dark beams will have limited ammo, because it says when you kill enemies they will drop light and dark matter for your ammo, so im assuming the other beam weapons will be unlimited as well ,but dont take my word for it.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I think it's 100% safe to say that Dark Samus is metroid prime. The black phazon suit even has the phazon glow to it ;)

Also I think we can safely say that those humanoids that was first shown in the E3 2003 trailer are the Ing creatures. But then again the Ing could be something else and these creatures look A LOT like Ki-hunters from earlier Metroid Games.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wow I JUST SAW IT AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO BUY IT NOW:******:. Yes I want to fight Dark Samus(aka Metroid Prime).

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Does the light and dark weapons and world thing make anybody else think of... Ikaruga? I just made that connection. Although it has nothing to do with the conversation too much, I just felt like adding that.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Yeah you are right it's beginning to look more like Ikaruga than a Link to a past

So Echoes is a mix between Ikaruga, Fusion, A Link to the Past... Interesting :)

Dark Samus screenshots!

Dark Samus looks pretty dangerous...

Edit: Just found some artwork at Nintendo

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD!!!!
This game looks so sweet in the screenshots (I bet the movies will be better, but I can't see them now).
Combining Ikaruga and Link to the Past with Prime, I'm sold entirely. It's going to be extremely hard to choose between this and RE4 (especially if they're in the same month!).

Deathmatch sounds sweet; the single player will rock entirely (you're isolated to certain areas of the dark world, and you can rupture into it?!)

Dark Samus with the power of Prime and pure phazon with Samus' Phazon suit capabilities will make a sweet boss.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I think Dark Samus IS Prime plus I don't think the Ing is the creature in the first trailer. I think that's a space pirate because of it's technology and the sounds it makes...not to mention it's weapon. I think the Ing is the small black spider thingies in the trailer that can turn to blobs. That is what I think.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I forgot about those evil black spider things. I think they are either created or manipulated by Dark Samus.

Impressions from gamedaily.com

"The feeling that was captured in the original Metroid Prime was alive and well today on the show floor at E3. After playing for a few minutes there were a few differences from the original that I noticed.

The first was the addition of different weapon beams, such as the Light and Dark beams. While it wasn't clear exactly what exactly each did, it can be deduced that the Light beam will be useful in eliminating Dark World enemies and visa versa.

Also, I was able to play a round of multiplayer. Now the game has the standard Deathmatch found in most first person shooter titles, but there is also the Bounty mode, where players compete to get coins that pop out of fellow hunters after you pummel them full of energy shots.

We will have more information on this title throughout the rest of the show."

Not enough info!!!

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dark Samus looks amazing in the E3 press conference trailer. In one scene, he/she flies in the air, glows, then ZOOOM! comes flying straght at Samus.

This game looks like it will be even darker and moodier than the first. And it also looks like it will be a heck of a lot better. Yeah!

I also think I saw a sound visor in the E3 press conference video.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Originally posted by Giygas
I also think I saw a sound visor in the E3 press conference video.
You mean the one with all the static...?
Actually if you look at the selected visor in the bottom left of the screen you can see that the believed "Sonar Visor" isn't selected... but what this Visor is I don't know... static visor? ;)

On a more interesting note, Samus locks on 5 target at onces and fires off 5 missiles... cool!

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I noticed those 5 targets as well MK and also saw Dark Samus charging at Samus flying Raiden/M.Bison style and then crashed into the ground.

Anyway, i'm gonna play Original Metroid further now on Gamecube for nostalgic reasons and I want to beat it. I'll be back for more replies soon so don't worry about me. ;)

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Impressions from GCadvanced.com

Interesting stuff is in bold!

"Samus returns and to put it in the words of Nintendo's PR she's "kicking *** and taking names!"
As an enormous fan of the original Metroid Prime it was my luck to be able to grab an empty single-player terminal just as Nintendo's booth opened to the press in order to see just how Retro Studios have improved on the original.

Personally, I was blown away.

The single-player E3 demo began with a small paragraph describing Samus’ situation. Apparently a distress call sent from a Galactic Federation Special Forces Unit from a Planet called “Aether” (which was coincidentally or not, one of the ‘Phendrana Drifts’ Laboratories names in MP1). Unfortunately, when entering the atmosphere of the planet, Samus’ ship is severely damaged by some sort of strange electrical outburst sending her plummeting to the surface. It is a rough landing, but fortunately, Samus and her ship remain in one piece.

You are told that Aether is a very unusual planet in that there is a “light” and “dark” side to the world. Taking homage from Zelda: A Link to the Past, Samus must traverse both worlds in order to progress through the level. Samus has apparently landed near a Space Pirate facility on the planet and naturally investigates. I did not get too far into the level before the Space Pirates decided to give me a proper greeting.

These weren’t the same Space Pirates that you encountered on Tallon IV either. These were Pirates from an elite brigade that looked different from those we remember (They are the same as the being that attacked Samus in last years E3 teaser). From my impressions these new Pirates were a bit faster than the old pirates, and sometimes they would appear by a “phasing” technique that was very sudden and suprising.

One thing I noticed immediately during my battles were that I had the usual Charge Beam and Missles from Metroid lore. However, I was equipped with some new unusual weapons, a “light” beam, and a “dark” beam. I couldn’t determine how they affected enemies in the limited amount of time I was fighting them, but I noticed the charged Dark Beam would “freeze” enemies in some sort of purplish substance for a bit.

As I explored the environments, I noticed that the Scanning visor was the only other visor shown, and I decided to see how the infamous “scanning” had changed from MP1. I’m happy to report that scanning objects is much much faster than it was in MP1, so your left finger wont get so sore holding down the L button.

From what I could see the environments were just as detailed (if not more so) than the original MP. Some new particle and lighting effects have been added, most notably Fire and explosions. Also, the “Dark” element that you encounter occasionally is very cool to watch as it moves across the floor like a blanket.

About 2/3’rds of the way through the E3 demo, “Dark Samus” (yes, that’s its official name according to the scanner) – the Phazon creation that was shown briefly at the end of Metroid Prime – makes an appearance and you try to chase after it, but are blocked by impassable obstacles. Now, you must journey into the dark world of Aether in order to catch the enemy. In the Dark world, you are quickly told that the environment itself is highly dangerous and simply walking in the darkness will quickly drain your health.

The Dark world is also apparently a very huge repository of the Phazon compound that the Space Pirates so desire, so you will find several dead Pirates as you make your way through the mysterious world. You must use your Light Beam in order to activate certain crystals that will give off a protective aura around a small area that you can be in without taking damage.

There are far more dangerous creatures in this world than Space Pirates. It is here that you quickly become aquainted with the “Ing” which takes the form of a four legged insect looking character, but is made up of a “purple substance” that can dissolve and reform itself at will.

The Ing are very vunerable to the Light Beam, but trying to take them on without any Light Beam ammo is a big mistake as I learned. I barely managed to stay alive after I was forced to rely on the normal beam and missles.

I persevered however and once the Ing were dead, I was shown a portal that leaded back to the “Light” world. I didn’t have too long to celebrate my accomplishments before I ran into Dark Samus who was apparently busy absorbing Phazon. A nice cinematic plays showing the twin Samus’s facing off before Dark Samus quickly reveals its power and comes after the real Samus.

Dark Samus has many tricks up its armor, most notably it has a Phazon shield that makes it invincible, and it also has the ability of levitation, and of course it has a really really powerful gun. I fortunately managed to deal enough damage to it once its Phazon shield was lowered (though I wasn’t clear exactly what made the shield go down) to “defeat” it. Another lovely cinematic played showing Dark Samus’s “death” which in my opinion borrowed some cinematic tricks used in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Naturally I highly doubt that that was the end of Dark Samus, and I’m sure there will no doubt be plenty of encounters with it throughout the game. It was here that the single-player demo ended. I walked away highly satisfied, and from what I could hear in the terminals next to me, the multiplayer sounded fun as well.

As a bonus, I was pulled aside by Mark Pacini, the Lead Designer of Metroid Prime 2 at Retro Studios who wanted to get my impressions of the game since I was apparently the first one who had finished the demo that he observed; naturally I was singing praises left and right. I noted that the game looked kind of grainy on the TV’s that were setup and he agreed that the TV’s weren’t giving off the sharpest quality of how the game looks.

I’ve come away from Echoes very eagerly awaiting its release this fall. If the MP1 demo two years ago was any indication, this demo of MP2 only scratched the surface of how deep the game will be. "

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, maybe you all picked this up already, but it's my impression that only the light and dark guns have ammo. The normal power beam is still unlimited. And it looks like we were right about the armored troops being the GF. This game is sounding more and more cool all the time.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Omg just imagine this secnario:

You as Samus has investigated the Space Pirate base and figures that they are currently too strong for just you alone... *contacts the Galactic Federation and "orders" 30 GF troopers to make an assult on the Space Pirate base*

It's gonna be war.

No ambush Samus and the troopers attack head on and the area turns into one big battlefield. Lots of shooting and killing between the Space Pirates and GF Troopers.

Suddenly all **** breaks loose!! Dark Samus attends the big battle and its not alone! The evil clone has brought many Ings with it and right now Dark Samus and its dark army or slaughtering both Space Pirates and GF troopers...

Your only option is to RUN!

I admit it wouldn't be very Metroid-ish to have a smaller war in the game... but it's just too cool ;) We've already seen Space Pirates been consumed by the dark matter so I defintely think that the Ing and Space Pirates are enemies of each other.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
That's a great scenario, MK. I just hope that we'll have at least one GF there. It is a rescue mission after all, so why can't there be a few soldiers to rescue?

It really sounds like Prime is sort of taking little bits from other good GameCube/ GBA games and putting them in. The idea of having to light up little crystals in the dark world not to be hurt by the poisonous air? Sounds a little Crystal Chronicles to me.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
You as Samus has investigated the Space Pirate base and figures that they are currently too strong for just you alone... *contacts the Galactic Federation and "orders" 30 GF troopers to make an assult on the Space Pirate base*
Haha, come on. NO ONE is too strong for Samus alone. She single handedly has defeated Mother Brain and her minions TWICE.

The plot, from what I've gathered so far, is going to be something similar to this: Samus picks up a distress call from the planet Aether, where a GF ship crash landed for unknown reasons. As Samus's ship enters Aether's atmosphere, it is disabled by some kind of electrical field (as described in the article you posted), and also crash lands. On Aether, Samus discovers two things. Firstly, there is a Space Pirate research lab on the planet where they are researching the "dark matter", as well as the Ing (much like how they were researching the Phazon and Metroids in MP). Secondly, she'll find the GF ship and learn why it crash landed: they were carrying a powerful passenger that managed to break free, and that passenger is none other than... Metroid Prime itself, aka Dark Samus. Now Samus must put an end to the Space Pirates' operations by traveling between the light and dark worlds, while avoiding the Ing AND her powerful Phazon-fused clone. I'm excited :) But I'm still hoping the cat and mouse relationship between DS and Sammy isn't too similar to being chased around by the SA-X in Fusion.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Originally posted by Arrow
Haha, come on. NO ONE is too strong for Samus alone. She single handedly has defeated Mother Brain and her minions TWICE.
*cough* E3 2003 trailer *cough*

But I'm still hoping the cat and mouse relationship between DS and Sammy isn't too similar to being chased around by the SA-X in Fusion.
Me too, not that Fusion wasn't great though (it's more the fact that we've already tried that kind of gameplay). But based on the demo you kinda kicks Dark Samus' *ss the first you meet it... so maybe it will be more like... Super Mario 64 where you meet Bowser every once in a while.

If that's true then this game will be a mix of:

A Link to a Past, Ikaruga, Super Mario 64, FF:CC, Metroid Fusion, MGS: TS ;)

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
IGN interview reveals a lot!!

_______

IGN: Are you based in Texas now or do you work out of NCL in Japan?

Kensuke Tanabe: At NCL in Japan.

IGN: What is the goal of Metroid Prime 2? What is the game really about?

Kensuke Tanabe: Our obvious goal is to build another game for people who enjoyed Metroid Prime -- just an enjoyable game to play for people who loved the franchise.

IGN: There's been a rumor going around that Retro Studios lost a chunk of its talented art staff after the completion of the first game. Is this true?

Kensuke Tanabe: There is a rumor that Retro lost artists?

IGN: Yeah.

Kensuke Tanabe: They haven't lost anybody.

IGN: So the team working on Metroid Prime 2 is entirely the same as the one that worked on the original?

Kensuke Tanabe: Right after the completion of Metroid Prime, a couple of people left. There was an engineer who left -- it wasn't all on the art side. And it was a very limited number of people.

IGN: Can you explain the Light and the Dark World beams? How do they relate to the light and the dark worlds?

Kensuke Tanabe:Well, first of all the doors between the two worlds are called portals. The portal into the Dark World is the Dark Portal and the Light World the Light Portal. To go into the Dark World you need the Dark Beam and to open a portal from the Dark World to the Light World you need a Light Beam. In each world there are different beings and opponents. The creatures that inhabit the Dark World are vulnerable to the Light Beam and vice-versa the creatures that inhabit the Light World are more susceptible to taking damage from the Dark Beam.

IGN: We noticed that the Light Beams and Dark Beams have limited ammo. Why put a limit on the ammo?

Kensuke Tanabe: I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression before when I said that the Light Beam damages dark creatures. Other weapons can also damage them -- it's just that the Light Beam is most effective. So if we gave these beams unlimited amounts of ammo, then if you're in the Dark World why would you use anything other than the Light Beam? We don't want the player to do that -- we want them to have to use strategy and figure out different ways to beat enemies instead of just bringing up the big gun every time. We wanted to introduce that element of strategy to the game.

IGN: Why is the game called Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? Does this relate to the new visor mode that lets you see sound?

Kensuke Tanabe: There is going to be an Echo Visor and you're right that it does let you see sound in certain ways, but that is not where the name came from. The name itself refers to the two planets existing simultaneously and that each one is an echo of the other.

IGN: Samus currently takes damage in the Dark World whenever she ventures outside of shielded bubbles that protect her from the environment. Will the character gain a new suit that lets her exist in the Dark World?

Kensuke Tanabe: [Smiles] That's a good question. I guess my response is that you're probably on the right track.
IGN: The multiplayer mode is a new addition to the Metroid series. What led to the decision to include a multiplayer mode in the game?

Kensuke Tanabe: We actually wanted to have a multiplayer mode in the first Metroid Prime. However, we just didn't have enough time. Our plan right from the beginning in Metroid Prime 2 was definitely to include a multiplayer mode. We thought that was something the fans wanted and it was something we wanted to do as well.

IGN: Will you be able to play as Dark Samus in either the single-player or multiplayer modes?

Kensuke Tanabe: No, there is no plan right now to have Dark Samus as a playable character.

IGN: Will there be any link functionality between Metroid Prime 2 and the Nintendo DS Metroid Prime Hunters?

Kensuke Tanabe: No, there's no plan to have any connectivity between the DS and GameCube.

IGN: How does the Echo Visor work?

Kensuke Tanabe: We're not showing the Echo Visor on the show floor and that's one of the things we did intentionally because we wanted people to have something to look forward to. But the information you can derive from the name, that's pretty much all the information we have.

IGN: Samus appears to be able to lock-on to multiple enemies simultaneously. Can you explain how this works?

Kensuke Tanabe: That's a new ability of missiles, actually.

IGN: How much of the game takes place in first-person versus third-person morphball?

Kensuke Tanabe: As far as the percentages, it's probably not very different from Metroid Prime. Most people are going to be playing in first-person mode for the majority of the game. In terms of other third-person elements, there's the new screw attack. That's in third-person because first-person would make you ill [laughter].

IGN: Speaking of the screw attack, how does it work and can you execute it any time you want?

Kensuke Tanabe: Once you get the item that allows you to do the screw attack you can do it wherever you want. But it's designed to allow you to wall-jump up chasms and things like that.

IGN: Can it also used as a weapon?

Kensuke Tanabe: It's not one-hundred percent finalized yet, but our feeling now is that it's not really designed to be a weapon, but more of an exploratory device.

IGN: Can it be used in the multiplayer mode?

Kensuke Tanabe: It's not in there right now [Laughs]. I can't envision places in a multiplayer match where you would use it. But, you know, if there is an outcry to have screw attack in the multiplayer mode, we're certainly consider it, sure.

IGN: Will the multiplayer mode support LAN capabilities?

Kensuke Tanabe: No.

IGN: We came across 'hacking mode' in the multiplayer demo, but we didn't have time to figure out what it's use was. What's it for?

Kensuke Tanabe: That's a multiplayer feature. In multiplayer mode there's really no place to use the visor, but they really wanted to so this was their solution. Through scanning you can infect your opponent with the virus and that makes the character take damage.
IGN: What's the name of the planet that Samus now explores?

Kensuke Tanabe: It's called Aether.

IGN: Will any of the visor modes be available in multiplayer?

Kensuke Tanabe: We don't have plans for that right now. We'd like to make the multiplayer mode pretty straightforward and simple so that players can pick up and go.

IGN: How will the game's storyline be delivered? Will there be more cut-scenes or voice work?

Kensuke Tanabe: We don't have any voice or narrative planned. However, I believe there are more cut-scenes in this game than in the previous game. But the scan visor is used to drive the story elements as well.

IGN: The scan visor display is different looking. Does it function differently, too?

Kensuke Tanabe: Same functionality. Just the look of it has changed. The designer who is charge of the visor elements said he didn't want to use the same one, that he wanted to change it and make something different and new.

IGN: We talked about the screw attack. Are there any other abilities that Samus can acquire that weren't in the first game?

Kensuke Tanabe: Nothing really big. The biggest new element is the relationship between the Light World and Dark World.

IGN: We take it that Dark Samus will be a prominent figure in the game, always hunting Samus.

Kensuke Tanabe: [Laughs] I've had that question a bunch, actually. In the video we released, Dark Samus is featured really prominently, but in the game not as much as the video suggests. The role of Dark Samus is not limited to a hunter or the hunted. It's more mysterious than that.

IGN: What are you most proud of in MP2 from a technical standpoint?

Kensuke Tanabe: As far as a lot of the technical things, you'd really have to talk to one of the programmers or the engineers. But in the first game we were very happy with the very short load times. I know that they really wanted to make it even shorter and shorter [for this game] and have put a lot of effort into that.

IGN: Are there any plans to incorporate the Spring Ball mechanic into the game?

Kensuke Tanabe: No plans.

IGN: How big is the MP2 development team?

Kensuke Tanabe: About the same as last -- 40 people.

IGN: Are there any changes to the way the Spider Ball works?

Kensuke Tanabe: I can't give you any details, but I think it controls better this time.

IGN: What led to the use of the crystals, which are used in the Dark World to illuminate areas? Was their inclusion inspired by Final Fantasy in any way?

Kensuke Tanabe: No, we didn't have any outside influence as to why we wanted to use crystals. But we needed something to shoot to create these safe zones, which allow Samus to travel through the Dark World and crystals are pretty, easy to see and look good.

IGN: How big would you say the game is overall?

Kensuke Tanabe: I haven't played it from beginning to end, so I can't give you a definitive answer. But I think it's pretty close to the first one -- roughly the same amount of gameplay.

IGN: Are there locations that you can explore other than planet Aether?

Kensuke Tanabe: That's our only location in this game, you're not going anywhere else.

IGN: Have you focused at all on Samus Aran's bounty hunter aspect? Have you implemented anything in the game which spotlights this particular side of the character?

Kensuke Tanabe: We didn't really focus on anything to do with Samus as a bounty hunter more than we have in other games. Other than that she's a hired gun and she comes to the planet for a reason. People looking for the bounty hunter aspect should probably look at the Nintendo DS title Metroid Prime Hunters.

IGN: Who is developing the DS game?

Kensuke Tanabe: It's not Retro. They obviously have some Retro assets though. If Mr. Iwata says okay, then I can tell you.

[Editor's note: IGN has since learned that NST is the developer of Metroid Prime Hunters.]

Bowser87

Smash Lord
I'm happy to see that only the Light Beam and the Dark Beam have limited ammo. I just liked shooting at the sky for no reason in Prime.
I'm also glad to see there won't be any voice. That would have ruined a Metroid game. I'm not sure what to think about more cut-scenes though.
Oh, and I hope those GFs are all dead by the time you get to that ship. Human interaction is the very last thing MP2 needs. Besides, Samus would never call for help.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I knew that was a sound visor in the press conference vid, MK!

Yeah, that interview was definitely revealing. I edited what you posted to make it more readable, btw.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Believe it or not but I still don't think that it'is the Echo Visor. It doesn't make sense that the Visor Icon at the bottom of the hud which has a symbol that looks a lot like sound waves(ECHO) is gonna be the icon of another visor than the Echo Visor.

I think IGN just asumed that this is the Echo visor because it's the only new visor they've seen.

This is only speculation though. ;)

Thanks for cleaning up the interview, I didn't have time myself ;)

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
15 new gameplay videos on IGN.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/499/499105/vids_1.html
(there's 4 pages of videos, the new ones are on the first 3 pages)

-Some things to notice in the videos: Doors seem to generally open much quicker, and have a new design. The elevator loading is especially quicker, and looks pretty frikkin cool.

-The music when you fight the space pirates seems to be the same, or almost the same, as the music from MP. Also, in one of the videos the music sounds very similar to the Phazon Mines music. It's possible they were just recycling music for the E3 build.

-The Ing are totally bad*ss. They can melt into puddles of dark matter, slide around the stage, and then rematerialize.

-The space pirates, much like I suspected, seem to be experimenting on this dark world, and are sending troops through portals connecting the worlds.

-The fully charged light beam fires multiple shots, while the dark beam shoots a single "bullet" that explodes on impact, freezing anything nearby.

Just watch the videos already, they're sweet!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921

I don't mean to rub this in your face Cashed, but you were wrong! Inconsistent my ***!:p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't mean to be contradictory Misto, but yes, yes you did totally mean to rub it in his face. If you hadn't, you wouldn't have said that.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
McNine = Correct.
Misto = Very mature, in fact, too mature for me.

Arrow, I agree that the evelators are freaking cool now. The clamps pop off and then the evelator goes uber fast with totally wicked lighting in the evelator itself. The evelator then stops by a rocket thing and then is clamped down by the clamps again... Absolutely awesome.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by McFox
I don't mean to be contradictory Misto, but yes, yes you did totally mean to rub it in his face. If you hadn't, you wouldn't have said that.
I'm glad you can sense my sarcasm. I got a question, what is this Ing thing everyone keeps talking about?

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Wow, that was already your 50th post in this topic MK!

I couldn't see the videos, but I'm feeling more and more reassured. It's cool to see the Space Pirates will be doing research in this planet as well. I just loved going through their labs in Prime. Maybe this time they'll be fusing things with even more Phazon, but also with Ing DNA. That will make awesome bosses.

Edit: 1200th post!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Metroid Killer
There are far more dangerous creatures in this world than Space Pirates. It is here that you quickly become aquainted with the “Ing” which takes the form of a four legged insect looking character, but is made up of a “purple substance” that can dissolve and reform itself at will.

The Ing are very vunerable to the Light Beam, but trying to take them on without any Light Beam ammo is a big mistake as I learned. I barely managed to stay alive after I was forced to rely on the normal beam and missles.
The Ing are the goo spiders.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://cube.ign.com/articles/515/515494p1.html

Click that link for an interesting roundtable about Metroid Prime 2. It's mainly talk of the game's plot, how it's coming along, and multiplayer.

Oh, and it's confirmed that Prime 2 takes place after Prime 1 but before Metroid II. So, the official timeline:

Metroid/Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid: Fusion

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Man yet another new race the Luminon(sp)...!

So we have:
Space Pirates
Ings
GF Troopers
Luminons
Samus
Dark Samus

And that plot really sound awesome, that was a really great article!

Who/what do you think this is? It doesn't look like an Ing maybe it's just one of the less important enemies...

Bowser87

Smash Lord
I think it's one of them Luminons. He seems to be in a temple that's similar to the Chozo temples in Prime, that's why it must be one. Speaking of temples, I sure hope there will be an area similar to Chozo Ruins, exploring the mysterious ruins of an ancient civilization was just too fun.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Speaking of Chozos I hope they will make an appearence in the game wether it's as statues in scans etc.

Also as it was mentioned in some artcicle it's kinda weird that we'll be fighting against a non-giant-sized-boss being Dark Samus. Lets hope that all that "size" will be given to the other huge bosses... I think Kraid could use some :crazy: [/wishful thinking]

Top Bottom