• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**metrocon - Twilight Showdown : The Return** Staurday June 20th! Melee And Brawl!

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman

Saturday June 20th. METROCON Smash Bros Tournaments

HAD TO REPOST CAUSE I HAD THE DATES INCORRECT.

I WILL NOT BE RECEIVING ANY MONEY FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. I WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY MONEY FROM THE POT. HOWEVER, AS A RULE OF METROCON, THEY WILL BE TAKING HALF OF THE MONEY. THIS IS THEIR RULE AND I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT. WHAT IS LEFT OVER WILL DIVIDED AMONG THE TOP THREE FINISHERS BY THE ORDER OF: 70% FOR FIRST; 20% FOR SECOND; 10% FOR THIRD.

Here is the link to the Metrocon website:
METROCON

Metrocon is an anime and video game convention held every year at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL. It is the largest anime convention in Florida and this year will feature the TWILIGHT SHOWDOWN tournament series. Metrocon always has a large turnout with their Smash Bros tournaments and this year will be no different. Metrocon however, has never advertise their Smash tournaments outside of the convention. The posting of this tournament is the first and I am hoping for an even larger turnout than years past.

I look forward to seeing everyone there from tournaments past and get in some good matches with you guys.
One more thing, I am no lnger SaintAnger. lol. You may call me either just plain Anger or Jon Anger.

MELEE TOURNAMENT; MLG RULES WILL BE USED!

12:00pm - 1:00pm Registration for Melee Doubles.
1:00pm. Melee Doubles begin.

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $10 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

All four tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett

Following the Doubles tournament a 30min. break in which the registration for the Melee Singles will take place with the tournament starting immediately after wards.

BRAWL TOURNAMENT

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $10 admission per player

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

-!-

Smash Lord
I should be there for this... last years tourneys where kinda weird. and ran bad, except for the last one... was singles and 8-Bit ran it.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I hope I do a better job than what has been in the past at Metrocon Tournaments. If need be, I will have another air horn like the one TST. :p lol.
you should have been there last year. Free for all with smash balls. the host was being a prick by going:

"HEY, DON'T ****ING CHANGE THE RANDOM STAGES OR ELSE I'LL KICK EVERYONE OUT, YOU BETTER PLAY ON THOSE STAGES I SELECTED, AND NO ONE CAN HAVE ****ING CUSTOM CONTROLS"

It was a queerbo dude running it

even had a FFA tournament with no items. my god the people were so bad I was the only good player

THEY ONLY HAD 1 BRAWL SETUP.

edit: it would be great if you can run more future brawl tournaments to revive the tampa scene

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
you should have been there last year. Free for all with smash balls. the host was being a prick by going:

"HEY, DON'T ****ING CHANGE THE RANDOM STAGES OR ELSE I'LL KICK EVERYONE OUT, YOU BETTER PLAY ON THOSE STAGES I SELECTED, AND NO ONE CAN HAVE ****ING CUSTOM CONTROLS"

It was a queerbo dude running it

even had a FFA tournament with no items. my god the people were so bad I was the only good player

THEY ONLY HAD 1 BRAWL SETUP.

edit: it would be great if you can run more future brawl tournaments to revive the tampa scene
Since when was there a Tampa Scene?

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Since when was there a Tampa Scene?

Back in the day it was a decent scene. HOSTESS! days it was. HOSTESS! was disbanded though. A seperate faction was formed giving birth to something yet unseen. Many wondered what would become of this newly formed group of seperatists. Heard some of the members are still around making unknown tournament appearences, playing a few rounds then leaving. No one knows who or what they are so there some stories circulating around on the internet. They have never came out made themselves known. Eh, just a bunch of wild speculation if you ask me. Heard they have vids on youtube but they may have been removed by the those that remained in the original crew. Citing they're abandonment and complete disregard for HOSTESS!. A quiet war is being fought between the faction and what's left of HOSTESS!. I have been receiving private messages from an unknown party saying that the final confrontation between HOSTESS! and the former members will be takning place at Metrocon. Whether or not this true is yet to be confirmed. Either way, I'm looking forward to fun tournament.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Yeah, but like, do a lot of people attend the Smash tournament..?
Because I went on the Metrocon page and I didn't see anything about it.
I might've just overlooked it though. :s
usually anime con websites do not announce the rules of a tourney, therefore it exists in forums like these. depending who's in control of the tournament, this case smash (and saint Anger running it), therefore he's in control and publically announce the ruleset and such.

Rest assure I can see about up to 50-60 people hitting it up for brawl at the con (75% are con goers, while the rest are smashboards viewers).

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
usually anime con websites do not announce the rules of a tourney, therefore it exists in forums like these. depending who's in control of the tournament, this case smash (and saint Anger running it), therefore he's in control and publically announce the ruleset and such.

Rest assure I can see about up to 50-60 people hitting it up for brawl at the con (75% are con goers, while the rest are smashboards viewers).
I know, but I don't see ANYTHING about the Smash tourney. :S

Well, will there be many for Melee is my real question,
I dont play Brawl much so.. :/ Yeah..

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm I have this Saturday off...any idea how big Melee will be???

I MAY go, and that's a big maybe...

Well I just noticed they take half of the pot (not to mention no mention of payouts), so unless A LOT of people go I'm not going!!!

:colorful:

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Ok, just added how the money will be divided up in my original post so check it out. Also, the Smash tourney is not listed on the Metro site because it's not done by them but rather me. I sent them the flyer and said they could post it on their site but they have not.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm entering melee and brawl.

Need a teammate for brawl.

edit:
I can't believe I didn't find out about this until today....

I was wasting time trying to go to gigs.

Zoro

Smash Champion
mah ***** marin is there now I am at home lol

she didnt bring her controller like a dummy so her chances of winning this tournament just went from 100% to 99%

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
This was fun. c: I just wish there had been another set up.
And that my controller was with me instead of in the hotel with my cousin.

Top Bottom