• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknights's Matchup Discussion

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Avoid PK Fire as good as you can. Look at Ness' up-b hitbox thats the easiest way to figure out how to time/space moves to edgeguard him. Also here you have a range advantage on ground which can be mainly utilised by down-tilt. The biggest challenge is Ness' fair I would advice to ground approach (dashdance->grab/d-tilt/d-smash) and mix in anti-approaches which you can expect with spacing around his fair and punish or by shielding the move (the fair in most cases) and doing shieldgrab/up-B OoS.
Otherwise the matchup feels pretty intuitive imho

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Against Mario (one of the tougher matchups), you need to move in the air to get over his fireballs and go for a safe landing once you are near enough he can't fire them anymore. The neutral game is the hardest part. If necessary, wait on platforms until he makes an inaccurate fireball or something similar, making your position better and better. You need very much patience in neutral game and awareness on every little concession he makes and every little advantage you could use. If you are in close combat your best options are probably tomahawk/nair mixups and spaced d-tilts (even on shield) after which they have to WD back and give you more room. Juggling should be kept pretty basic because Mario has a nair that stops overoptimistic ideas. Finish combos with a nair. Concerning edgeguards, just grabbing the ledge and refreshing invincibility while threatening drop off nair/bair is powerful. Mario has few possibilities to recover safely if he can't sweetspot the ledge.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I got wrecked this week by DP's falco, I feel like this MU is ass.

How do we get in on falco? What is the best way to stop phantasm? Nairing from the ledge didn't work as well as I had imagined.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Stop phantasm with nair. Look at the hitbox and time it the way the outer spin hitbox is at the side Falco phantasms when he arrives there. Phantasm has negative disjoint but you will need a bit range otherwise you'll trade so outer nair hitbox is best. You can go for tornado also, it is an option for the case you are too high for the outer nair hitbox but more of an option you only come back to if nothing else works... Can still get some pretty edgeguards, especially if you hit with the lowest part that sends them slightly down.
For getting in, you have basically two options: Closing distance via dashdance (involving dashback powershields and stuff) and via air. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, you should mostly go for the air but mix it up quite a lot. If you reached close combat you have a big neutral game advantage over Falco (at the range where he can't shoot lasers safely anymore). Here the ranged neutral game is also the harder part, it is quite similar to most projectile characters so use platforms, be patient etc. etc.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I can't beat phantasm with nair, it doesn't work. We end up trading and we're put in a way worse position. I totally thought nair was the answer too, but it don't work.

Like lasers shut down the dash dance game, it isn't a good option. If you give falco space, he shoots lasers. But it's really hard to space against falco because he has a free get out of jail card with shine, and he has a distance where he wins mid game with SH dair. If ur up close you can't CC his jabs, and he can CC ur ftilt. It succcccks.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
You can do it if you time it right, I for my part get it pretty often.

You need to hit with that outer bubble (I don't know the frame number but I think its 5 or sth around it). If you are turned backwards it is close to impossible though.
It helps if you are slightly above the bird because you will still get his head hurtbox while your nair hitbox starts slightly downward and his side-b hitbox doesn't extend, giving you high chance for success with little risk.

If you are fast you can shorthop over or crouch under his lasers still dashdance method is the one you should use less.

Short hop dair being strong is definitely true, but I think your d-tilt offers a good solution in many possible situations. Also as soon as you are in the zone where Falco can't laser safely, you can dashdance better and use your higher dashspeed as advantage

sneakytako

Smash Lord
If you get in that middle ground spacing, it's a still an even MU with a guessing game. His punish game is just as strong as our punish game, I think the secret might be some kind of aerial approach I'm not seeing. I'm going to try to approach from a height greater than his SH laser height, I'll see if I can't find something broken about the MU.

AsianBoyKid

Smash Cadet
NNID
asianboykid
Against Mario (one of the tougher matchups), you need to move in the air to get over his fireballs and go for a safe landing once you are near enough he can't fire them anymore. The neutral game is the hardest part. If necessary, wait on platforms until he makes an inaccurate fireball or something similar, making your position better and better. You need very much patience in neutral game and awareness on every little concession he makes and every little advantage you could use. If you are in close combat your best options are probably tomahawk/nair mixups and spaced d-tilts (even on shield) after which they have to WD back and give you more room. Juggling should be kept pretty basic because Mario has a nair that stops overoptimistic ideas. Finish combos with a nair. Concerning edgeguards, just grabbing the ledge and refreshing invincibility while threatening drop off nair/bair is powerful. Mario has few possibilities to recover safely if he can't sweetspot the ledge.
Thanks man! Really good job in putting all this effort on answering people's MU questions too!

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Against Sheik you need to be a bit more airfocused as soon as needles are charged/in-play/likely-to-be-thrown. The air stall (sit over their shield and keep jumping, punishing drop shield with dair) and sh nair/fair should be your main "approaches". You can also try a more dashdance-based playstyle but I don't like it against Sheik that much, but be aware of it, it is good if you don't give Sheik enough time.
One of Sheik's main tricks you should be aware of is WD back -> f-tilt it is pretty hard to deal with sometimes. Punish Sheik when she is in the air because the sh is so high. Sheik will mainly go for dash attack or grab, so in the air you are often safe and can bait out moves.
Also Sheik's strongest punish is mostly fair so be aware I'm talking about higher height than Sheik's sh/fj height in that more airfocused part.
If you want to beat Sheiks aerials you can sometimes outspace with nairs outer hitbox or up-b (which has a diagonal upwards hitbox) for the most part. I recommend though to just use another jump if Sheik tries to chase you in the air, Sheik is very punishable then.
Often it is very easy closing the first distance (more ranged) over the ground and then go in the air to avoid dash attack (or needles) and then mixup between landing and aerials while using many jumps to bait Sheik into overcommitment.

For Falco, being over his shield is kind of good because if you land safely you are in close combat which is good for you and if he wants to stop your landing you can often dair him (for example if he treis to jump->midair- jump-> aerial you should be fast enough to get the dair before the aerial comes out.
What also helps me in that matchup is thinking how difficult the edgeguard will be before choosing the option.
For example if you get downsmashs you often have really easy edgeguards because of the low angle while a f-tilt has a high enough angle to allow him to side-b. Choose the most limiting option when you get a hit will make your edgeguarding more efficient.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
How does MK vs Pit work?

I happen to be the Pit player. Awkward, I know, but can't hurt to ask.

Basically I get juggled if I'm above him, can't seem to punish dair if I'm below him, eat a nair if I'm comboing him, get hit if I hit his shield, can't punish him out of shield unless he's in grab range (although I kept messing up the usmash OOS for some reason so getting on top of that again will help), and he's small so he's hard to arrow consistently.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Vs Kirby is wack
Tell me the answers
The only thing I can think of, in neutral is fade away fairs and dtilt. Grab is a thing to, but once Kirby is around mid % you don't get much off of those.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
How does MK vs Pit work?

I happen to be the Pit player. Awkward, I know, but can't hurt to ask.

Basically I get juggled if I'm above him, can't seem to punish dair if I'm below him, eat a nair if I'm comboing him, get hit if I hit his shield, can't punish him out of shield unless he's in grab range (although I kept messing up the usmash OOS for some reason so getting on top of that again will help), and he's small so he's hard to arrow consistently.
Wait are you both an MK and a Pit player and asking for MK advice versus Pit or are you an Pit player asking for advice against MK?

Neutral game:
First, you need to be really cautious in neutral game. Don't rush it too hard, getting arrowed two or three times is better than getting grabbed once. If you get near you need to watch the arrows more because they now lead to followups, mostly grab or upsmash. I always try spot dodging (arrow animation is almost as long as spot dodge animation). Crouching is risky because if they aim down you will still get hit, but you can CC it. The risk is to get grabbed afterwards bur normally it should work. You can also go for repeated dashshield->wd out but normally it gets pretty hard if you are close because the arrow will hit faster and you need a great reaction time.
Thats the way to get to a closer distance, now you need to start the DD/WD game because arrowing will now get punished. You pretty much want to boost grab (higher range) or JC grab (less punishable), while also keeping in mind to be able to use quick moves against overcommitment (d-smash + f-tilt). Pit wants a grab, a dash attack (risky), or a sh/fj dair. He can also try fairs but they aren't really good in neutral.

Getting juggled: I would advice to DI up-airs behind Pit, mix the DI on fair up (it is very situational what the best DI is here) and DI down air down and away (you will see if he has to fair directly without setting up the right hit angles with an up air first that he will likely only have one followup)

Punishing dair:
You need to know if it is a sh or a fj dair. Your punish tool OoS for it is:
-sh nair
-fj nair
-up-B
-reverse up-B
If he sh dairs on shield you normally punish with sh nair, only exception being him drifting away to the sides too much in which case you do some kind of up-B (you often have to do it at different heights, so grounded up-b if he is halfway down already and sh up-b at different heights for different opposing heights). If he fj dairs you basically fj nair as punish. If he double jumps out or similar you just want to punish his landing.
You already mentioned up-smash OoS and shieldgrab so still use those if they work but the options mentioned are often covering different situations.

Getting naired while comboning:
Kind of hard to give advice without really knowing which combos get naired but there are some general considerations.
If you juggle under your opponent, you won't get naired.
Keep your combos simple. I often see MKs going for many up-airs and then chasing with fair or nair when the opponent isn't even in hitlag anymore. That causes these problems. The advantage MK has though is that he is great covering tech options, and his ground mobility is better than his aerial mobility, so also his mobility after one sh/fj is better than after multiple aerial jumps. Maybe just one nair and then a techchase into a regrab would often be a better replacement.
You can still go for thos kind of upward juggles against characters without combo breakers, without multiple jumps and without good aerial mobility, for example Snake, Peach or Olimar.

For the second case (lol):

MK's dair in neutral is a really bad option. Pit as multiple ways punishing it, like dair OoS, shieldgrab, nair OoS, depending where he lands. If he lands behind you, I would dair OoS, otherwise go for some kind of grab.
If you are eating nairs when comboing MK that can have two reasons:
- At low percents you aren't putting out aerials efficiently. You need to choose the quick option, and avoid doing multiple jumps inbetween. For example, using up-air instead if fair is both could hit really helps.
- At higher percents you don't arrow enough in combos. At these percents it is quite difficult to get a clear combo by just moving towards MK and hitting because Pits mobility isn't good enough to arrive before hitlag ends. If you keep arrowing until you reached Meta Knight you will be more likely to continue the combo.

In neutral aim your arrows down and start dashdancing earlier while searching for a grab or dah attack (as explained above)

Vs Kirby is wack
Tell me the answers
The only thing I can think of, in neutral is fade away fairs and dtilt. Grab is a thing to, but once Kirby is around mid % you don't get much off of those.
In the neutral game you can be a bit creative because there is not that much to fear besides Kirby's dash attack. You can bait that dash attack out and nair or bair OoS (sometimes also reverse Up-B OoS), reacting to where he ends up.
Your grab outranges Kirby's grab so going for boost grabs especially will beat all option besides dash attack, spot dodge and choices you can easily react too like full jump out.
I wouldn't advice fade away fairs, because they are mainly an anti-approach against incoming pressure, better against little range aerial options backed up by mobility. Kirby's dash attack and grab don't really get affected by it too much (I can see it beating some kind of approach by those moves but there are more efficient ways if you don't need to cover the option of a move as described above).
Spaced d-tilts are on method clearly and if you space well it won't get punished.
And grabs obviously, they are always easiest to get. I wouldn't advice to go for jank in neutral either because other stuff doesn't lead to much. There are some possibilities to get in heavy hits though.
- Fsmashs when you are standing in front of Kirbys shield, but out of shield grab range: F-smash is positive on shield so that is one possibility to read a roll/WD out/shieldgrab attempt
- Normally charging reverse f-smash after crouching can be a good hard read because it is surprising and barely punishable but don't do it against Kirby, Kirby's dash attack will punish quite comfortably
- If you runcancel crouch and then IDCape it is pretty quick, bad on shield though so more of a risky option. You can punish dash attacks on shield with Cape OoS though, you need to jump, press down, b, instantly reverse control stick (because Kirby is behind you after his dash attack) and then C-stick cancel. If you do it perfectly it is frame 13 (frame 12 if Kirby is in front of you) and you need to be pretty precise to punish effectively but practicing it is worth.
When grabbing, at low percent do the d-throw techchase, then up-throw at mids. In higher %s I would do some kind of guessing game with f-throw/b-throw or d-throw with d-throw you often get a little advantage and if you get another little read you can get a hit while f/b-throw is pure DI trapping.
If you are talking about potential combos to finish stocks, I would do such combos as:
- d-tilt -> nair/bair
- dair -> up-b
- f-tilt 1 -> something else (only works if they are hit far enough to not punish in a small window, but close enough to give you followups, more of a situational choice).
Also it is possible to edgeguard Kirby, even if its terrificly hard. I would normally start with a ledgegrab and refresh invincibility while Kirby takes his time and then try for a nair or bair. It is easier punishing around the ledge or the air room around the transition between stage and dropzone. Going out chasing doesn't really work. Otherwise just keep centerstage. You will have an easier time killing with mid-knockback moves as nair (which you will often need against Kirby) if you always hit them at the end of the stage.
Also keep your combo game more groundbased because Kirby has multiple jumps and is floaty. Up-air->nair->tech-chase works better than up-air->up-air-> up-air that misses-> you get hit. Always look for situations where Kirby has to commit, that will also allow you to bring in quicker kills which you will more likely get in a knockdown situation than in high air.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What are some edge guard options against DK? If he tries to go high or onto the stage I can bair. I could also fair if he tries to get back and I think I could nair right after that. What should I do if he is trying to get the auto snap from below? Drop down an nair? Are there any follow ups if he tried to sweet spot and I dtilt? I can't really setup some of these situations so I was just wondering.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say go for a footstool if he's below you. Sending DK downwards is the best way to kill him, but unfortunately MK doesn't really have a move that sends people down (besides the d-air suicide of course), so a footstool is probably your best bet.

Last edited:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I'd say go for a footstool if he's below you. Sending DK downwards is the best way to kill him, but unfortunately MK doesn't really have a move that sends people down (besides the d-air suicide of course), so a footstool is probably your best bet.
Can you actually footstool during his up b though? I have yet to try it myself.

But what I have most trouble with (with any characters I play) is Ivy. I have a really hard time against that bud.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
You can footsttool his up-b but it won't have any effect, also known as empty footstool. You will get the hieght gain, he stays in his up-b.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I got wrecked this week by DP's falco, I feel like this MU is ***.

How do we get in on falco? What is the best way to stop phantasm? Nairing from the ledge didn't work as well as I had imagined.
Nairing from the ledge does work. You just need to do it earlier. Phantasm is super negatively disjointed and pretty much any move thrown out at the right time will beat it.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
To go a bit more into detail: How to not get comboed by Falco

Shine:
When he hits you with a shine, try mixing up between perpendicular in and away. ASDI + SDI in the same direction. Use DI away in around 70% of the cases though, it is harder here to follow up. Still, the mixed in DI in will make predicting harder. When bair would kill you always DI away

Dair:
For an aerial dair, away on both sticks as mentioned. Also dair hits a bit away already, so slightly up + away has the greatest effect.

On grounded dair: From 34% on you get hit away from the ground, so prepare for a tech situation, the tech choice is more important here than your DI choice. Don't try to CC around 34%-67% though because then you only can escape into a techchase at higher %s. From 68% on ASDI down can help you escape the grounded dair -> aerial dair combo
For 33% and below, you are just stuck in the ground, here DI for the next hit already.

Up-tilt:
Against the direction Falco is facing, try perpendicular DI.

Up-throw:
DI away and now mash the c-stick away while holding away as the lasers hit you, you will probably get at least one SDI and every ASDI. No followup except for lasers possible.

Grabs in general:
The back-throw might catch you if you DI away. You can't be fast enough to predict that DI trap entirely but you can be fast enough to do the same as above with the lasers (ASDI+SDI to gain distance from Falco) from the back throw making followups really hard. Don't forget to tech if he down-throws, and the f-throw -> DACUS only works if you DI for the back-throw.

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
How do people deal with squirtle? He's just super annoying to play against, even if you CC his garbage I'm having a lot of trouble actually comboing him. He's too floaty for most of the up-air follow ups, and he pesters you with withdrawal if you go in too hard. Also, his DI traps are annoying.
just played a squirtle recently in tournament. techchase seems really strong against him. And dont get grabbed.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Any tips for the MK ditto?

Don't have any actual MU experience in this.
General neutral game? How should it be played?

When can MK no longer CC ftilt combo, GSL, down tilt, down smash, and down air?

Which Cape is better in this MU, Shift Cape, or Full DCS?
Does MK's Up Air beat MK's down air?

Best way to edgeguard?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
About the neutral game I pretty much covered it in the neutral game thread. The only difference is that you now have to fear the boost grab so you need to do a few more anti-approach aerials or dashing back.
F-tilt has a mixup against CC (delay or not delay the 2nd and 3rd hit) so you have a guessing game and can start it from 0%, same for spaced down-tilt because it still pushes him back a little, don't rely on dair in general. Grounded Shuttle Loop moves you away from the danger so if you have a platform you can land on quickly its safe from 0% on. For the other cases generally take 40% as estimation, I will look for the precise percents on Monday when I have more time.
Don't forget he can also tech the slower ones of the moves you mentioned (by holding down, c-stick down + press shield).

Capes in general are unsafe, MK has too many jumps to get an air chase cape, capes from d-throw techchases can sometimes, f-tilt reset-> cape works until 37% (charge it just a little) and f-tilt->instant cape is a killer from ~90% on (f-tilt ->d-smash at the edge, cape in centerstage).
Just shield dairs, and in the air they are too slow on startup to be dangerous.
Edgeguard by refreshing your ledge intangibility whenever you can while he can't recover immediately, and throw out intangible dropzone nairs/bairs. Edgeguarding MK is hard though.

ChKn

Smash Ace
What does each character have to do in the Mewtwo vs MK matchup? What do both characters have to look out for in the MU?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
In the neutral, MK is aiming for down-throw techchases and Mewttwo for his standard combos (up-tilts and up-airs mainly), so MK wants to grab and for Mewtwo any hit is good enough basically.
When the distance is bigger, Mewtwo will often try teleport aerials so MK might put out a quick f-tilt to cover this option. Mainly MK will dashdance searching for a grab or put out some nair variation.
Mewtwo will use more mixups because his speed isn't that great and he wants to put out hitboxes to cover MK's approaches while being safe, sometimes he also goes in with hover/teleport but generally he is using nair (also as reverse approach when mk fakes out an approach), sometimes as hover nair, and tilts to wall mk out. Mewtwo gets his grabs primarily as shieldgrabs, so also in that aspect he wants the anti-approach game
Both characters want quick kills (MK: several up-airs -> shuttle loop; Mewtwo: teleport/DJ->shadow claw) and surprisingly Mewtwo is one of the few characters up-air->shuttle loop works great against.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
@ Chesstiger2612 Chesstiger2612

Its good to note that most Hover Body Sparks will go over MK, because he's so short.

Also, sometimes, to cover the Teleport L-Cancel aerial option, I'll do a retreating neutral air. Mewtwo could potentially TP and end up facing your back. Retreating nair beats this.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
5 was an estimation, also it is more like a flowing border...

Fox, Mario, Donkey Kong (only on certain stages) are the ones where he really has a disadvantage.
Ah ok probably more like 2.5 matchups where you are certainly worse. Fox because of the lasers and the early kills (a top Fox will make it so hard to even get a hit), Mario because one grab is almost half the stock which makes it a bit harder and DK because he outranges your grab and his biggest weakness are projectiles which MK doesn't have.
Strong Bad once said DK wins against anyone without and loses against anyone with projectile...
Sheik has a slight advantage because she has good CCs, is one of the only characters making MKs recovery tough and has lots od camping tools if you really play for the win, so you could consider it the 4th character, but the advantage isn't that big.
Pit might be inbetween, his neutral game isn't good enough to force MK into a disadvantage, but everywhere except for really high levels of play Pit has the advantage, same goes for Lucas.
Snake is a bit tough because of his chaingrabs and early kills, but MK can destroy him the same way.
Many of the characters most people fear (Mewtwo, Falco, Diddy, Link) are OK or even good matchups for MK.

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday i had to play frozen in bracket so i asked emukiller for some tips. He gave alot of good advice. He told me that as soon as you see Mewtwos star flash when his up b comes out just short hop nair. He also told me to Di away from Downthrow. Hope this helps.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Yesterday i had to play frozen in bracket so i asked emukiller for some tips. He gave alot of good advice. He told me that as soon as you see Mewtwos star flash when his up b comes out just short hop nair. He also told me to Di away from Downthrow. Hope this helps.
Mewtwo MU knowledge from Darth Bane

Mewtwo's Up throw into up tilt is guaranteed at low percents, and then from there he can just spam it. At mid percents it can become up throw up air up air up air up air up air up air...

At high percents Mewtwo can down tilt into TP aerial anything, no matter how you DI. Even if you DI down and away I'm near positive that Mewtwo can TP at a 56.25 angle, do the turnaround when he reappears, and back air, which covers surprising vertical distance. DI up? 78.75 º Teleport, turnaround forward air. Your best option is DI down and away, because back air is Mewtwo's the weaker of his two KO aerials. Be aware, veyr few Mewtwo players have mastery of the Teleport angles. In fact, I believe I'm the only one practicing this. This further strengthens the fact that your best DI option is down and away.

Some Mewtwo's like to Confusion, and since most people have no clue how to DI this, its a free another Confusion. DI this down and away. Best chance to escape any follow ups.

Retreating nair is a great counter to Teleport Hover Body Spark.

Mewtwo is flaoty. ASL can KO him at 85-90% on FD if he's being juggled.

Mewtwo's only good option to escape juggles is Teleport (which is a pretty good option though). Plenty of Mewtwo players will actually Teleport towards the ledge. So when you're juggling him, try to be facing the direction thats near the ledge. If you read it, sometimes you can get in dirty Full Distance Dimensional Capes and down airs. Its a bit risky however, sometimes its a bit safer to reset to neutral. But if you know the Teleport near the ledge is coming, by all means take the option.

Last edited:

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
Any tips for the charizard MU?

Don't have any actual MU experience in this and the local champ from my city main him thx
I had to play a Charizard in bracket yesterday just dash dance and wait for him to throw out a move and punish.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Charizard has basically 3 main tools that are good in neutral: Nair, dash grab, and pivot smashes.

His dash speed is good, but ours is better. The first thing you should think about is shutting down his grab game. Don't over commit, stay patient and out maneuver him with dash dance.

If he does get you with a grab > Dthrow, always think CC, no matter what tech option you guess. It shuts down both the jab reset and dsmash follow ups, and it will help you spot dodge on reaction if you see the grab. Just be wary of Fsmash, you don't want to try and CC that.

The correct DI for seismic toss (upthrow) is up and away, don't DI too far away or you will get knocked at a 45 degree angle and die.

Now with nair, it's a bit tricky. These kinds of huge rotating hitboxes don't really exist in melee, so a lot of people struggle with this kind of hitbox. If he's facing toward you, you optimally want to wait diagonally above him and hit him as he's swinging in the other direction. If he's facing away from you, you aren't going to be able to straight beat that; just sit in shield and OoS nair or grab if he spaces poorly.

When he knocks you in the air from the ground, the correct option is often not to immediately jump; charizard can cover very very high with his up-b to fair/u-air. I generally try to DI away and FF nair.

To gimp him, his glide has deceptive range, and it has a lot of KB. You can beat it with either fsmash or up-b, but if you don't feel comfortable with your postion just shield. You can also beat him trying to go for the ledge with a SH low bair.

Lastly, dair is not safe when hes on the ground, even if you cross him up. His up-b is a really strong OoS option, I would not recommend trying to punish whiffed moves with dair, it's not safe on hit or shield.

I hope that helps, that should at least get you started on the MU.

Last edited:
Top Bottom