• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight's Match-up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Please explain to me again why Lucario would have to approach Meta Knight? Lucario has the projectile. You also contradicted yourself. How can Lucario out prioritize everything Meta Knight has, and not be able to cope with his defensive game? I agree the match up is 50/50, but what you're claiming doesn't fly.
Alright what TKD is saying is that is by chance the lucario goes on the offensive(wich in case he will most likely approach with an aerial) will get shutdown by MK air game, and Lucario will Out prioritize lots of MKs Moves Just by Using Dair and if MK tries to Aproach wile Grounded Lucario has a lots of options to not let that happen, but overall the match is actually not 50/50 is 60/40 on MK favor or in my opinion 55/45 bc it is stage dependant.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Wow. Already? I thought they were too busy discussing Ness all the time. Post the link please.
LOL

well so far it's only been said in other threads we have... but most of us mains agree.... howabout this... when our central thread reaches MK I'll give it to ya, just so it looks more formal... k?

do whatever you want with the matchup in YOU'RE thread until then though... though I must say... it ain't 70:30.... maybe 55:65 or even possibly 60:40... but probably 50:50

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
on stage ivysaur shouldn't do that bad against mk. outranges with bair, ftilt and dtilt are effective spacers, can effectively grab mk out of tornado according to the tornado thread (although i've never done it). it's not 80-20 bad. 70-30 sounds better.

also affinity we are NOT on the same level lol so it might not be a true representation of the matchup!!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
LOL

OH MAN

Sheik/Zelda is not even with meta knight. As much as I would like to lie to myself and everyone else that this is true it's not.

Even with Zelda the match up is still at least 70/30 in meta knight favor.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Alright what TKD is saying is that is by chance the lucario goes on the offensive(wich in case he will most likely approach with an aerial) will get shutdown by MK air game, and Lucario will Out prioritize lots of MKs Moves Just by Using Dair and if MK tries to Aproach wile Grounded Lucario has a lots of options to not let that happen, but overall the match is actually not 50/50 is 60/40 on MK favor or in my opinion 55/45 bc it is stage dependant.
I don't agree with that all to be honest. A difference of opinion I suppose.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
LOL

OH MAN

Sheik/Zelda is not even with meta knight. As much as I would like to lie to myself and everyone else that this is true it's not.

Even with Zelda the match up is still at least 70/30 in meta knight favor.
it takes a VERY good zelda... because zelda's mistakes are easily punished..... but if she doesn't make many mistakes... honestly, she can outrange most anything MK can do... and kill him at low dmages too..... that's an abreviated version of it... but at a pro level Zelda can hold her own comfortably.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
And Snake/Falco beating MK? That's just not right. A lot of people know this, or you could just ask DSF or SK92 about that...no character's known to have an advantage against MK at the moment. Right now, I only think Zelda/Sheik have that chance. Snake may get even, even advantaged, if people prove his intimidating grenade pivot to be that effective.
DSF and M2k, have both said that Snake is at the advantage.

Also, Falco is at the advantage, because of his campabililty, however, not that much of one, so I guess a 50/50 is good enough :/

Ulevo

Smash Master
it takes a VERY good zelda... because zelda's mistakes are easily punished..... but if she doesn't make many mistakes... honestly, she can outrange most anything MK can do... and kill him at low dmages too..... that's an abreviated version of it... but at a pro level Zelda can hold her own comfortably.
You know, if I were perfect with Captain Falcon, I bet my Falcon vs Snake would be a 10/0 match up.

Seriously.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
tornado makes jiggly puff lose.

end of story.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You know, if I were perfect with Captain Falcon, I bet my Falcon vs Snake would be a 10/0 match up.

Seriously.
hmmm well when I'm done being patronized... I'll mention that I'm not asking for perfection... the point is... I'm tired of people complaining how bad MK is for Zelda because of how easily he punishes her when it's their own dang fault for letting themselves be baited so much.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
tornado makes jiggly puff lose.

end of story.
Uhh, no. Jigglypuff can out prioritize it with a nair, dair into rest, (which completely destroys meta knight) or you can even smash DI to the top if you get stuck and then rest. Besides a good jiggly should always stay in the air, where the tornado is pretty bad compared to on the ground..

Ulevo

Smash Master
hmmm well when I'm done being patronized... I'll mention that I'm not asking for perfection... the point is... I'm tired of people complaining how bad MK is for Zelda because of how easily he punishes her when it's their own dang fault for letting themselves be baited so much.
That's awesome. You're showing enthusiasm. Good for you.

That still doesn't make the match up 5/5. Sorry.

And Sinz, Tornado actually isn't that great against Jiggs. She has almost no options to beat it on the ground, but it's hard to trap her because of how floaty she is. She'll just bounce right out and drill a Dair with the possibility of connecting a Rest shortly after.

TKD

Smash Lord
LOL yeah. Tornado makes MK win against puff? That's absurd. It does like 1% on her. It's just the range, and puff having to deteriorate her powerful fair. She respawns, BOOM! Fair, so it's easy to take 2 stocks off of MK, but the 3rd one...

Timbers

check me out
DSF and M2k, have both said that Snake is at the advantage.
Eh, M2K was just in here claiming a 40:60 disadvantage against Lucario. I'd normally take his word over mine, but it seems kind of fishy, especially considering one of his pointers regarding Lucario's fair was wrong =\

Just saying two people I don't think warrant a strong arguement. No matter how pro you are, bias is bias. >_>

I don't understand the 60:40 to Metaknight against Lucario though. It's easily 50:50. Advantage goes to metaknight on Lylat and Battlefield..but I don't think those two stages (read: counterpicks) alone should push it to 60:40 MK.

TKD

Smash Lord
It's not the stages, MK is just that awesome, and you will probably be required a larger effort than your opponent to beat a skilled MK player.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
That's awesome. You're showing enthusiasm. Good for you.

That still doesn't make the match up 5/5. Sorry.

And Sinz, Tornado actually isn't that great against Jiggs. She has almost no options to beat it on the ground, but it's hard to trap her because of how floaty she is. She'll just bounce right out and drill a Dair with the possibility of connecting a Rest shortly after.
I was talking about shield baiting, but I see your point.

We don't have any Jig players here. But doesn't the tornado cancel out her main kill move? Roll out?

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
Olimar that high?

I really want to see supporting info. I can't possibly see some of these characters being where they are. It seems pretty theoretical.

My problems with the list

Mk> Kirby
Mk>Olimar

And i believe Falco, Snake, and Diddy are too soon to be called. If you were to make a call i can't possibly see them being better than MK at this moment. Maybe equal. If i'm totally wrong please provide some tourney results and good arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom