• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight ONLY Tourney (Results are finally up)

-Final-

Aria♪
i'm glad you're doing official tournament rules .. besides the time limit ...but are you saying every game in the set is on a random stage ? (out of lylat, yoshi's, battlefield, smashville,FD)
You can choose any one of those stages. There are no counterpicks because it's pointless in a single character tourney. If you think we should add more stages, tell me.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
You can choose any one of those stages. There are no counterpicks because it's pointless in a single character tourney. If you think we should add more stages, tell me.
This can vary by stage familiarity, i.e. there are quite a few stage specific techs that can be done that not everyone necessarily knows about, but overall, yeah, counterpicks are moot, at best.

-Final-

Aria♪
Wait, how is this going to work out? in the end, there'll be 3 people remaining...
11matches+1 person goes automatically to round 2. 6players lef with 3 matches. 3 players left... does one go to finals automatically?
Because it is double elimination, I don't think that will happen.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know the winner gets a free Virtual Console game, so does that include WiiWare games? :)

EDIT: I beat DFEAR in the first round, 2-0. Good matches, DFEAR.

-Final-

Aria♪
I moved the end date for the first round to July 30, because most people haven't responded yet. I'll also PM everybody who hasn't already posted the winner off their match

Giannis

Smash Cadet
I just got back from my vacation and pmed ACV for our match.But,since this is my first time in a tourney, can someone explain what double elimination is?Thanks in advance.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I just got back from my vacation and pmed ACV for our match.But,since this is my first time in a tourney, can someone explain what double elimination is?Thanks in advance.
IDK either lol but I think it goes like winners of the first round go to winners brackets and losers to losers bracket. the, winners bracket plays rounds until there only remains one player and the same happens in loser's bracket. then those two player fight against each other in the finals. but the guy who came from losers bracket has to win more matches to win the finals(lol i never knew about this part)

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Me and ACV seem to have completely different timezones.He is off when I am on and vice versa.I dont know if we can make it till the 30th

acv

Smash Journeyman
Me and ACV seem to have completely different timezones.He is off when I am on and vice versa.I dont know if we can make it till the 30th
thats no problem.i dont sleep much anyways so i am almost alwys available for the match.(exept for today).

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
hey caliburchamp, that was a great set. final63, i beat caliburchamp in the first round.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Watch out people. His Metaknights a monster. <.<
He beat me 2 to 0. Second round he made a huge comeback. I was in disbelief. :dizzy:
=O I hope someone beats him... O, wait... then someone will be even better then him -_-

Anyways, I hope my guy shows up.... He hasn't posted since his first post here and it's really lame winning without playing...

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I have a feeling A LOT of people aren't responding... and there's only 2 days left @_@ if you're in a diff time zone now, it's almost impossible to play if your opponent still responds...

-Final-

Aria♪
If neither of the players show up, I'll probably disqualify both of them without them going to the losers bracket. It's about as likely that they won't show for the next round either.

Top Bottom