• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh look, he has some metal parts on his gloves. That's a neat touch.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
We need to get a subforum going for Meta Knight, he's no longer an "Unconfirmed Smash Veteran".

Steelia

Smash Champion
lol @ everyone in previous pages who got Sakurai trolled thinking the Mii mask hurt MK's chances.

By the way... does MK's armor take battle damage now or something? Check the shoulder pads...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Wonder how the Bandanna Dee supporters feel about this...:troll:
Bandana Dee can't be a true Smash character until he's beaten by Meta Knight, right?

lol @ everyone in previous pages who got Sakurai trolled thinking the Mii mask hurt MK's chances.
By the way... does MK's armor take battle damage now or something? Check the shoulder pads...

Well spotted.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Battle damage would certainly be interesting, but I feel like that's something Sakurai would have mentioned sooner.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Soon, his reign begins a new. Welcome back Sir Meta Knight!

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Meta Knight is available for selection as Smash 4 main, including Premium post background

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Battle damage would certainly be interesting, but I feel like that's something Sakurai would have mentioned sooner.
We've seen hints of it before, though. Only in the screen KOs, but still there.

This is the first I've seen in a standard pic.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So when Ike get's confirmed, Smash Boards takes forever to upload his pic but when Meta Knight is announced his pic is uploaded in a heartbeat? I'm sensing a strong bias against FE and towards Kirby here.

jk, jk

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Congrats MK fans! The Knight has returned in glorious HD!!!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Well it's nice to see that MK is back, with a few new design additions and a bit of nerfing(hopefully), now we have all 3 Kirby reps. officially back. I wasn't worried a bout him though, i honestly doubted that Sakurai would cut one of his own characters. :\ Im just hoping we get a newcomer this month though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well it's nice to see that MK is back, with a few new design additions and a bit of nerfing(hopefully), now we have all 3 Kirby reps. officially back. I wasn't worried a bout him though, i honestly doubted that Sakurai would cut one of his own characters. :\ Im just hoping we get a newcomer this month though.
It would be exceptionally bad marketing to fail to include a newcomer the month before release. We'll get one.

Last edited:

Exate

Smash Journeyman
Luminario said:
Were you people seriously worried Meta Knight would be cut? all they had to do was nerf him hard (think Peach nerf from Melee to Brawl) and then he's good to go.

oh and CONGRATS!
I know a lot of us are convinced Sakurai has bias towards his own creations, but as I see it, any character that isn't the face of the original franchise they hail from (Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) is potentially in danger. Maybe I'm nuts — I won't argue if anybody thinks so. But when your favorite character goes a year without an announcement (despite even the showing of their stage returning), you can get a bit worried.

I always expected Captain Falcon to return, but his biggest fans were worried he wasn't going to make the cut. F-Zero has been pretty dead (shame; I loved GX), but he's one of the biggest faces of the Smash Bros. franchise, and a fan-favorite for sure. I suppose he never had any "hints" directed at him since E3 of last year, but case in point: People become concerned for their unannounced favorites, even if it may be pretty likely they will return.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Hey folks. Just here to say that, nerfs pending, I look forward to dethroning all you MK mains from Brawl.

Ciao

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Welcome back, MK. I would've been surprised if you hadn't returned but it is still nice to get confirmation.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My personal congratulations to all Meta Knight supporters. It's nice to see a part of Smash's Unpleaseable Fanbase satisfied.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Attention, Meta Knight Fans!

I love his armored gloves and pupils! Shuttle Loop's repurposing sounds neat, too.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Shuttle Loop really deserved to be changed...
But I expect it continues being a kill-move, even with fixed knockback angle.

Also, I don't understand why take off the glide from Pit and Metaknight ... when Palutena have it.
It's weird MK don't be able to glide anymore.
In Brawl that two glides were overwhelming , true.... but no one ?
He just looks ... glid-ish :(

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
No surprises here, but congrats all the same. :) Hopefully he is more balanced than in Brawl and that MK players don't receive the flak they received for playing him this time around.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, I don't understand why take off the glide from Pit and Metaknight ... when Palutena have it.
It's weird MK don't be able to glide anymore.
In Brawl that two glides were overwhelming , true.... but no one ?
He just looks ... glid-ish :(
Palutena's "glide" is a special move, so it doesn't really act like a glide did in the past game, it's more like a special move version of Peach's second jump.

Gliding was one of Meta Knight's main tools, it was waaaay too powerful. Now all we need is a nerf to Mach Tornado and hopefully he shouldn't be as overpowered anymore. I do still root for him being high tier regardless, just not top.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Even more optimistic than before because they consider MK's reveal as a possible last step until Bandana's reveal :/
Really? lol. I suppose hope is the last one to die.

With Waddle Dees as enemies in Smash Run and Parasol Waddle Dee as a trophy, I really can't see the bandana one being playable.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Good to see him back. The FS snapshot looks really good. Also, am I the only one who noticed his new gloves first thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom