• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Welcome back MK!

Cool, he looks as good as he did in Brawl! The metal stuff on his glove looks pretty cool. As everyone expected, he got nerfed. lel

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The icon shortcut should be some funny thing, like Ike's icon which is : 4myfriends :

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I am extremely ecstatic for the return of Meta Knight! But do you guys think he'll be a mid-weight character this time around because of the metal gloves? This probably means that his aerials might be laggier this time around.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
I'm excited that Meta Knight returned, but did anyone honestly think he wouldn't?

Obviously, he will be much more balanced this time around. They already said they changed shuttle loop and it is more technical now (I would like to hear more about this). His mach tornado needs to lose its ability to transcend all other attacks. I don't think there is any debate on this. If its still too strong, maybe nerf its mobility so he cant change direction on a whim. Also, fix that ridiculous down smash. Since most other characters are getting buffed, the rest of his kit should be fine.

Meta Knight is a fundamentally strong character. He is small, fast, has the reach of a swordsman, and has an incredible air game and recovery potential. There really isn't much working against him so I'd imagine he will do well (though not as well) in this iteration. I hope he retains most of his air dominance though because that is fitting for his character.

D

Deleted member

Finally my second main from Brawl gets confirmed! What took him so long in the first place?
I wonder how bad his nerfs were...

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Does anyone else notice how :4metaknight:'s wings look strikingly similar to Ridley's?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno if anyone has mentioned this but Meta Knight has a link to the Kirby's Return to Dream Land website on his Japanese page. That's interesting.

I'm just wondering if they will give the actual moves from the Kirby games Metaknight is playable on, I want Kirby Metaknight's D-Air the most.
Since characters are now getting more canonical moves (Link with his jump slash and Donkey Kong with his roll attack for example), I wouldn't be surprised if Meta Knight got his down air from the Kirby games. I dunno if I would like that though; I far prefer his down aerial in Brawl than his down aerial from Project M (which has his Kirby down air).

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Welcome back MK! Missed ya!

Only problem is now I got to edit my fanfic chapter to accommodate for his reveal : p

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Happy he's in, but this does lower the chance of Bandanna Dee :c Bandana would probably be in a trailer with Meta Knight, but now...

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Happy he's in, but this does lower the chance of Bandanna Dee :c Bandana would probably be in a trailer with Meta Knight, but now...
But meta's a veteran. Veterans don't get trailers, and a veteran for the kirby series doesn't really hurt the chances of another kirby rep since they only have 3, where the previous max of 4 reps per series has even been risen to about 5 or so. There's still a great chance of another kirby rep. That newcomer could then get a trailer with metaknight possibly making an appearance

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
From the new scans, his two customization moves of Drill Rush are called "Speed Drill" and "Break Drill"

Can't translate more than that. Sorry.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hopefully he's not stronger than before.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>6 jumps.
>Breaker Drill is basically a multi-hit Shield Breaker.
>Dimensional Cape requires two inputs to actually commit to an attack.

fffffffffffhahahahaha

This metagame is going to be great.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm assuming 6 jumps is 5 jumps plus his B move, so the same.
Breaker Drill is a custom move and we're not going to use those in tournaments are we? lol
Didn't Dimensional Cape already require two inputs to attack? If you just press it once he does it without the sword slash?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, DC did require two inputs. My mistake.

Don't see why we need to ban custom moves though. They'd help keep the metagame fresh for a few years, though trying to decide which moves get banned and which don't would easily lead to a disaster.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly kinda surprised that his specials didn't really change at all.

I do hope that DC gets a slight buff though. I never found it very useful since it doesn't travel much distance and isn't very good for dodging.

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
Don't see why we need to ban custom moves though. They'd help keep the metagame fresh for a few years, though trying to decide which moves get banned and which don't would easily lead to a disaster.
I hope we use custom moves in competitive gameplay, that will help us to be able to deal with more matchups with our fav character.

Iskandar

Smash Rookie
NNID
jrmdhdc1
so from the kit reviews i saw on some you-tube videos, his air game is the same as always and he retains his bread and butter with d-grab combinations. But his broken frames and hit boxes were fixed, so that's a great step in terms of balancing. What i dont like is how since the stages are relatively small, his versatility in surviving air skirmishes will be even stronger than in brawl. So im just like meh about him being one of the best characters now, guess well have to wait and see ^.^ Also this is my first post ever on this forum XD

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
so from the kit reviews i saw on some you-tube videos, his air game is the same as always and he retains his bread and butter with d-grab combinations. But his broken frames and hit boxes were fixed, so that's a great step in terms of balancing. What i dont like is how since the stages are relatively small, his versatility in surviving air skirmishes will be even stronger than in brawl. So im just like meh about him being one of the best characters now, guess well have to wait and see ^.^ Also this is my first post ever on this forum XD
Welcome to the boards! :b:

But yeah, everything you were saying is exactly true. However, we must also take into account that Meta Knight's attacks have way less damage than how they were in Brawl. I consider this to be his biggest nerf honestly. But overall, I will still main him. :laugh:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Here are two well-made videos that I found interesting:

http://youtu.be/zq8XCGaiUcU
This first video was created by Sky Williams, which showcases Meta Knight's moveset in detail. In addition, Sky gives his impressions of the character in this iteration of Smash. I believe he has also created similar videos for other characters (Mario and Captain Falcon so far, IIRC).

http://youtu.be/fllS4Ke2IN8
This second video was created by Ambrose(sp?)/My Smash Corner, which shows off a neat combo with Meta Knight.

I've got to say that my favorite character is looking pretty fun in Smash 4. I'm glad that I should be able to use him without feeling or being called cheap.

Falchy

Smash Rookie
the king, has returned. i feared he wasnt going to be confirmed but ayyyy now im even more hyped for ssb4 :metaknight:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I watched that video CombatScouter posted and i already see whiny haters in the comment section, honestly is this going to be the community when we for example beat them with MK they will go make a thread in Smashboards and complain about how 'broken' he is without taking into consideration that maybe...maybe that MK player was good and you got bodied due to how bad you're at the game.

Bring it on MK haters, Brawl is in the past stop living in the past.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At this stage of the game, everything keeps being flagged as broken by the community,

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
BUMP! Informative Double Post!

There will be some clean up in this Board, this thread will be closed while we make way for bigger and better options for the MK community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom