• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In Brawl, if you look VERY closely at the top of his mask, there is a small crack there. Though this was not meant for battle damage, I have no idea why it was there.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I love Metaknight's gauntlets, fits with his design more than the plain oven mitt hands.

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little disappointed that he's returned with his overly detailed Brawl look, I was hoping that he'd look more like his cartoony self from the Kirby games.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm a little disappointed that he's returned with his overly detailed Brawl look, I was hoping that he'd look more like his cartoony self from the Kirby games.
Yeah, his model is too similar to the Brawl one in terms of "textures". A cartoon-y look would have been better and Meta Knight speaking with his Darth Vader voice with an even cutter design would have been hilarious.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
YES! Meta Knight was one of my mains in Brawl, I am so glad he's back! Now we just need Wario and Ice Climbers and I'm good.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
YES META KNIGHT.I know he was coming back like him,wario,ganondorf, and falco are like the only veterans i know that were 100% confirmed to come back.Now that we have 3 kirby reps amybe a 4th can enter the fray *cough bandanna dee cough *.However his design epic.Just look at those wings and sword.O man so hype

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm glad MK is back, at last.

While it's no shock, it's just epic to see him and many others in HD goodness.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
To be honest, I'm more excited about him than most of the newcomers.

Was he annoying in Brawl? Yes. Is he an iconic character in Smash's history, though? **** yes.

Last edited:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice

Either MK isn't entirely finished, or battle damage is a possibility, I remember hearing about Little Mac having a band aid

I wonder...I've noticed that they've added some battle damage stuff to Smash4. Any possibility of Meta's mask breaking off after taking so much damage?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Probably not, but an alt. costume with mask off might be a possibility. Anyways, now that MK is confirmed, I'm going to leave this thread for a while, and stick with my mains. Ready to see how MK compares to the rest of the roster this time around.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that prefers realistic detailed Meta Knight over Cartoony Meta Knight?

Exate

Smash Journeyman
I really want to know if he still have the same deep voice from Brawl. I love it.
This. Although I wouldn't mind if he ended up with his VA from Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, either.

But, seeing how the victory themes from Brawl are being recycled, we can expect this theme to return, at least!
Hearing it again reminds me of all those years I spent on IRC with it as my highlight jingle...

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Palutena's "glide" is a special move, so it doesn't really act like a glide did in the past game, it's more like a special move version of Peach's second jump..
MK has his glide in a special move too...
The normal glide was too OP, because was used to ignore his low air velocity and turns his edge guard into a god-level.
But S.Loop glide was not something you could use to chase anyone out of stage, only to kill at the top at the stage, or build some low-% combo.
But okay, let's wait to see his new Up-B in action. I think he could be balanced keeping the UpB glide, that was something really unique to him (the glide as the end of the Up+B) .

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Congratulations on the reveal today Meta Knight fans. While I'm not crazy about him, I think he deserves to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom