• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't know why, but I'm thinking that if we not get Metaknight today...
Just in the game release.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I'm also thinking that he will be an unlockable character and not get in the site until post release... buut oh well, while im'm pretty sure this is a confirmation is so strange that ugh. well, at least we can be pretty sure that Mr.G&W is in too.

seems that if you are purple and have wings, you need to be talked about in the most ambiguos way ever... (ask ridley)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The worst part about this tease is that he's probably not even the next veteran reveal, it's probably someone like ICs, Ganondorf or Ness.

But yeah, if there ever was any doubt after Halberd's reveal it should be completely gone now.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
xD I feel bad for all the Metaknight supporters here....
But in all honestly, I'd be extremely sad to see MK go....even if he was insanely broken in Brawl, he's still my favorite Kirby character....

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Does this mark the first time Sakurai mentioned a character by name (on the PotD) that isn't in the game or before they were revealed?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Sakurai probably wants to troll us in tomorrow pic, stating something like "Yesterday we have showed Mii's Meta Knight costume? Well, today we have the REAL Meta Knight joining the battle! He even have an alt. without his mask, because the Mii have stolen him it..."

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
We all know that he is still in the game, I mean c'mon this character is his own creation. But damn does Sakurai know how to troll lol.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Sakurai probably wants to troll us in tomorrow pic, stating something like "Yesterday we have showed Mii's Meta Knight costume? Well, today we have the REAL Meta Knight joining the battle! He even have an alt. without his mask, because the Mii have stolen him it..."
I could see that, if it wasn't for the much stronger possibility of a Zelda character on Thursday.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Metaknight being cut is about as likely as the Wii U version being scrapped. He's definitely returning. :p

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Yeah I'd take this as 99% confirmation, all we need now is the full reveal.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
SmashRiver64 said:
What if they showed a Mii dressed up as an unconfirmed veteran, but didn't actually show the character? XD
I SHOULDN'T HAVE OPENED MY MOUTH!
I SHOULDN'T
HAVE OPENED
MY MOUTH!!!
*cries real tears* :sadeyes:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I SHOULDN'T HAVE OPENED MY MOUTH!
I SHOULDN'T
HAVE OPENED
MY MOUTH!!!
*cries real tears* :sadeyes:
What are you so worried about? Sakurai wouldn't cut one of his own, especially one that is pretty popular among fans. He loves toying with the emotions/expectations of people. Remember when he said ZSS was "cut" during the Smash Direct for about 5 seconds, only to reveal she was included anyway?

I think there's some kind of CoroCoro show today, right? Maybe we'll see MK's official reveal during a segment, which is why Sakurai teased MK now.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Well, I guess Meta Knight is deconfirmed.

And so is Samus.

I remember back on the American launch date for Triple Deluxe I was waiting on him to join the battle for the Pic of the day. Sadly didn't happen. But I suppose this "reveal" is supposed to be a hint towards his inclusion, similar towards Game and Watch. They'll just be secret characters, it seems. But I'm glad to see him returning. Would've thought people would wanted to see him being not-so top-tier anymore, but I guess it'll happen soon enough in due time. :)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea for a sec there i thought there it was meta kngiht confirmed

Well with this, and the halberd stage, and characters being fixed.

I say meta knight is as likely as palutena was after the smash direct.

Now waiting for meta knight now

Either a second potd with the real one, or tomorrow between friday.

(Im going to be wtf if he does not reveal meta knight this week.)

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I remember back in the "Pre-Brawl" Day's Sakurai stated "I thought I would never touch this character again" Does HAL Labs own the character? Is Sakurai still developing Kirby games?

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
lol that's a pretty spot on Sakurai Miiverse impression, also Meta Knight will no doubt be making his glorious return any day now (unless he ends up being a hidden character in which case he will be making his glorious return when Smash 4 is released!) Here's to hoping he'll still be good after inevitably being nerfed from Brawl.

:metaknight: FTW

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I remember back in the "Pre-Brawl" Day's Sakurai stated "I thought I would never touch this character again" Does HAL Labs own the character? Is Sakurai still developing Kirby games?
1) Yes, HAL own all the Kirby characters.
2)No, Sakurai doesn't develop Kirby games anymore.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Controversial character returns.Why would you bring him back,sakurai? :/
Playing the Kirby games, watching Right Back at Ya and just liking his design in general, I think Meta Knight is an awesome character. I'm assuming you have an issue with how overpowered he was in Brawl, but that's the fault of Brawl itself that can easily be altered by Smash 4.

To not want a character in when there are so many supporters is pretty selfish. 64 Pikachu got toned down for Melee, Melee Fox was toned down for Brawl, and the same with happen for Meta Knight, because why just get rid of characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom