• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Dojo

Smash Champion
I just got through playing sethlon this last weekend. Best falco in texas and like 2nd best in the us. We went to match 5 in the winners finals. I barely beat him last stock. So intense. Insane laser work on his part.

To deal with some of it I would do consecutive hops over his head with ff dairs without touching the floor getting an occasional footstool dair in. At about jump 4 in the air, I would fall down with a fair or nair or something to keep him away then go back up again. He started working around it, but it helps alot.

I cant wait til they put the videos up those matches were so close. They need to hurry.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
k ill try that next time i face a falco that would be great if they put it up soon so i can see what u did.also do u know the name of the youtube account the vids will be on?and if possible pm the vid to me thanx.

VERMM

Smash Rookie
Any tips for beating marth faster?

My friend likes to use side-B with marth, the slices of the sword are red, fast, and hit hard.

Basically any tips with MK vs Marth would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Tornado breaks through his neutral b. Just dont spam it plz. >.>

Just space yourself with sh fairs and dtilt/ftilt exchanges and you shouldn't have a whole lot of a problem with dsmash. As far as thunder you can airdodge through it, and do whatever you want because of pika's afterlag.
^^Answer^^

Please make a conscious effort to keep our boards healthy, and spam free.

But for further elaboration, don't try to grab him, as you will get shocked.

If he does a thunder that misses him, make sure that before your pass it that its gone, the last bit used to always hit me as I was too anxious to punish. Heck, even space a roll around the thing if you want.

Go into training with Pika and learn about the thunder. At what point in the attack is it over. I'm pretty sure there is a point where the hitbox is gone, and he is still stuck in some lag.

So basically focus on the 3 out of 4 most important things, knowledge, spacing and timing. (fourth is mindgames, but the thunder is kinda slow to be tricked by)

But QAC to thunder can trick you, watch out for that.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I mean, any tips on beating pikachu????
I have a down-B spamming brother I always lose to X_X
Down-B shouldn't be too much off a problem for you if you play smart. If does it off the ledge when you're recovering, you can either air dodge through it or simply stall in place for a moment with another jump. As long as you be patient and wait for it to be over before running at Pikachu.

The same is true of his down smash. Don't rush right into him everytime, as you'll quite often end up eating a down-smash. Instead, play smart and space well. Fair , ftlit, and dtilt are your best freinds in the match-up.

Any tips for beating marth faster?

My friend likes to use side-B with marth, the slices of the sword are red, fast, and hit hard.

Basically any tips with MK vs Marth would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Look here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179463

VERMM

Smash Rookie
I've already looked at that guide and unfortunately one of the few match ups he did not go into depth was the Marth match up.

All it tells me are the pros and cons of fighting Marth but not anything else.

If you look at the other match ups in his guide you will see a lot more information from how to get the KO to things not to do.

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I've been gone from the boards for maybe a month and a half now. Here I am online right now and I see threads about banning MK and that he has overtaken Snake on Anokou's ranking list. What caused this increase in MK's tourny winnings and hate on him?

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
M2k ****** face.
More ppl picking him up.
New playstyles with him.
More ppl who can't fight him.
Blah.
Then it sounds like it is all good things in my absence. Care to give me some examples of new playstyles? Or link me to a vid?

Dojo

Smash Champion
More aggressiveness. New tactics versus a couple of characters. Little combo stuff. Not huge differences, but slight ones.

At high level play, MK has stepped it up alot. Of course there's still the nado whores and stuff...

Dojo

Smash Champion
Alright thanks, have you released another combo vid since Cant Kill the Metal btw?
No, it's almost done. But I'm too lazy to finish it up. >.>
Santi's 2nd is really close too. Both need like 2 clips a piece a little editing and bam.
I may get it up in a week or so depending on school/work schedules.

Can someone explain exactly what spamming U-air does? I can see it helps you avoid getting KO'd, but why? Does U-air push you down?

Example: (Eggz at 1:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jABkhjyKwFc
You want to DI up towards the corners of the stage. It helps you DI towards the top of the stage when knocked horizontally off the stage and keeps you from dying.

Muzga

Smash Ace
the problem is that this toon link instinctively pulls out a bomb in the mk match up. mach tornado is too predictable of an approach because he's always prepared to hit you out of it, and he suceeds 95% of the time.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
the problem is that this toon link instinctively pulls out a bomb in the mk match up. mach tornado is too predictable of an approach because he's always prepared to hit you out of it, and he suceeds 95% of the time.
True. I'd suggest not starting your Mach Tornado too far away from Toon Link so he doesn't have time to pull out a bomb.

Try approaching by power-shielding his projectiles until you get close enough to use MT without getting bombed; something that works for me.

Rfmg895

Smash Rookie
THANK YOU FOR THE STICKY MODS.

So the name pretty much says it all. To make this short, I've noticed that alot of the threads in these boards consist of little simple questions that can be answered with a quick and simple answer.

Now to stop the flow of all that nonsense, if you have a quick question about the Knight feel free to ask here instead of posting a thread about it. I, along with a number of other people around here, can help you out. It helps clear the boards out for more advanced MK discussions to help all of us get better. :)

So if you have quick questions over
Moves
Finishers
Approaches
Follow ups
Defenses
Edgeguarding
Combos
Matchups
Or other random ****

Ask away... :)
I want to know..........HOW DO YOU DO THE MK INFINATE CAPE THING??? YOU KNOW WHEN YOU DISSAPEAR FOR LIKE 5 SEC. AND THEN YOU REAPPEAR LIKE AT THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, HOW DO YOU DO THAT???

Rfmg895

Smash Rookie
I want to know..........HOW DO YOU DO THE MK INFINATE CAPE THING??? YOU KNOW WHEN YOU DISSAPEAR FOR LIKE 5 SEC. AND THEN YOU REAPPEAR LIKE AT THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, HOW DO YOU DO THAT???
HOW do you do the MK infinate cape thing????

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Xancalidon

Smash Rookie
MK vs ROB?

How do you beat ROB? His campy playing style (lazer, top, nair, repeat) is, for me, impossible to beat!

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Is there ever any advantage to using the shuttle loop vs. dimensional cape edgestall? Is one faster or better than the other?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Does MetaKnight's Shuttle Loop on the ground have invincibility frames, or is it just a rumour?

Top Bottom