• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekkie

Smash Master
Doesn't change the fact that some MK players who are actually good at the OLIMAR MU beat Brood pretty badly. Doesn't matter how much better Nientono is, if he meets up with certain players you know who actually play the Olimar MU right there going to win
kain knocking nietono into loser's ;D

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hi, I was at Genesis 2. Earth and Rain are cool guys. Let's not continue to encourage throwing insults back and forth about who knows more about Japan's Smash players, please.
I didnt throw insults Ank.

I was just saying what I know from actually playing the guys.

And you would only be insulted if you took offense to and are of the type I just listed. Are you? If so, then that's fine by me. See if I care if you or anyone else worships the skill level of many of the world's finest players . . . on the other side of the world . . . Where I'll never be...

I don't think you understand so I'll just say it: I'm jealous that people can actually fathom reaching out to Japan like that and filling their heads with all the minute details and the community out there.

But get me on this; I go by gut instinct and experience when I compare players. If my sample size is three players, that's all I got. While, someone who has never faced these players themselves at the level of play they can adhere to, can simply say their sample size is Japan's entire population of high level players. It kinda annoys me.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I think that the ban decision on Meta Knight is a big and important step to evolving the meta game and this way meta game will have less Meta gamers and our competitiveness can grow even further beyond from our previous tournament settings and players will have more choice in their mind when making choices because they will have no Meta Knight to fight against and have to think of how to counter other characters and their meta game and strategy has to be kept in mind however some characters besides Meta Knight should be banned too.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm not even gonna bother reading Ultimario's posts anymore.

For one, his name is Ultimario FFS!

Second, he's comparing MUs in brawl as if they were melee MUs

Nasu

Smash Rookie
i didnt throw insults ank.
I go by gut instinct and experience when i compare players. If my sample size is three players, that's all i got. While, someone who has never faced these players themselves at the level of play they can adhere to, can simply say their sample size is japan's entire population of high level players. It kinda annoys me.

who are you to say?! Who are you to say!?!?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Doesn't change the fact that some MK players who are actually good at the OLIMAR MU beat Brood pretty badly. Doesn't matter how much better Nientono is, if he meets up with certain players you know who actually play the Olimar MU right there going to win
Uh, I don't recall anyone beating Brood pretty badly. DEHF beat him, but I don't recall him ever losing badly to him. The others players he lost to (Chibo, Dabuz, ADHD) were all last hit. I didn't see him vs Anti so I can't comment on that.

it wasnt barely thas how u normally do it lol idgaf if nietono is better than the US olimars i aint worried to fight him ride his **** more :)
Uh, ok lmao.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm not even gonna bother reading Ultimario's posts anymore.

For one, his name is Ultimario FFS!

Second, he's comparing MUs in brawl as if they were melee MUs
Maybe if I was an '11er.

But ****

You people don't know how the **** a metagame develops.

ggs for when Marth goes even with DDD by January 2013.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
you're ****ing stupid

i would explain, but

you're ****ing stupid
At this point, you're just being a troll while I'm trying to actually say something important.

Whatever, I give up on you.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
all these international players keep bringing the trash talk about how this ban is unnecessary because they beat mks. this kinda makes me happy, hopefully if they think we're so bad they'll come and play us since we don't have the best character in the game at our disposal anymore.

tl;dr HOORAY LETS PLAY BRAWL

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I didnt throw insults Ank.

I was just saying what I know from actually playing the guys.

And you would only be insulted if you took offense to and are of the type I just listed. Are you? If so, then that's fine by me. See if I care if you or anyone else worships the skill level of many of the world's finest players . . . on the other side of the world . . . Where I'll never be...
"Frothing at the mouth" is in no way meant to be offensive or insulting? I'm getting quite exhausted at viewing this thread right now, but it is in no way specifically because of what you said. Having to filter through posts that are coming in faster than 1 post per minute actually starts to get annoying after an hour, but the alternative is closing the thread every so often so I can backtrack and infract half the posts I missed because that's the approximate quality of posts in here most recently.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Uh, I don't recall anyone beating Brood pretty badly. DEHF beat him, but I don't recall him ever losing badly to him. The others players he lost to (Chibo, Dabuz, ADHD) were all last hit. I didn't see him vs Anti so I can't comment on that.

Uh, ok lmao.
i remember seeing anti vs brood i thought it was jus friendlies until he told me it was pools

Masky

Smash Master
URC Committee Members said:
AlphaZealot (Ohio)
Bizkit (Connecticut)
DeLux (Kansas)
M@v(Pennsylvania)
Player-1 (Georgia)
-Ran (Colorado)
t1mmy (Oregon)
T-block (West Canada)
Tin Man (Canada)
Today (Ohio)
UTDZac (Texas)
vVv ChiboSempai
Yink (Iowa)
Frankly I can't think of a better group of people who could analyze every aspect of this and reach a completely informed conclusion.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
It'd be hilarious for competitive fighting game players to see this game, see Meta Knight, then go play Super Turbo Akuma and laugh their head off at our stupidity.

If anything, all Meta Knight is is the Brawl equivalent of MvC2 Storm, oh wait no Storm was worse and she still didn't get banned. LOL OUR COMMUNITY

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Calm down and use some etiquette people.
"You're ******* stupid" does not show any reason or intelligence.

Everyone needs to calm down, so as not to get infracts.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
"Frothing at the mouth" is in no way meant to be offensive or insulting?.

Nope.

I'd froth at the mouth while watching Japanese players play incredible matches too. :)

All I'm saying is I don't have time for that and anyone who thinks watching < playing these players... really needs to step up their game and play them while they're there. In bracket. In pools. In mms. Not friendlies where everyone and their mother plays them.

Dear God, I know Earth was holding back during those friendlies. Just somehow... He was so...calm.

and anyways I hear you Ank. Sorry. I'm gunna leave the thread for a bit and maybe come back because the posts are actually freezing my browser.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It'd be hilarious for competitive fighting game players to see this game, see Meta Knight, then go play Super Turbo Akuma and laugh their head off at our stupidity.

If anything, all Meta Knight is is the Brawl equivalent of MvC2 Storm, oh wait no Storm was worse and she still didn't get banned. LOL OUR COMMUNITY
not quite accurate. it'd be like if MK was MVC2 Storm, but the rest of the cast was War Machine and SonSon.

You'd think with over 415 people viewing the thread there'd be less bull****ty posts.

I still find it hilarious that 13 people(Some of which I've never heard of) think they have the right to dictate what's right for the future of our community.
They're dictating what they're gonna do for their own tournaments, which is perfectly fine.

Unity is only a recommendation, remember that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It does have something to do with my ability to ban Meta Knight at tournaments I run, at the same time a large number of other TO's who also frequently run tournaments do the same exact thing.
This is exactly my point. You're abusing your power without any experience to back it up.

I'm going to go ahead and say that any porblems the community has going forwards are essentially your fault. I certainly hope this has the effect you'll think it has.

edit:

Unity is only a recommendation, remember that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. If this was the case, then AZ wouldn't have disallowed your tourneys being featured on this site and AiB if they don't adopt his ruleset.

If you want to ever be a major TO you have to follow his ruleset or get shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom