• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight "Did You Know?" Thread

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just post interesting tidbits about MK that you think most people don't know about or tactics MK don't use enough.

Like...

- Did you know if Meta Knight does a frame specific double jump f-air/n-air under Battlefield's side platforms it almost looks like an auto-cancel? Very useful and can be followed up with grab or buffered d-tilts.

- Did you know Meta Knight's f-tilt can hit an opponent on the otherside of the tree transformation on PS1?

- Did you know pressing Down+B after a grounded shuttle loop cancels the shuttle loop early enough that Meta Knight actually lands a few paces BEHIND where he originally stood?

- Did you know an instant n-air out of shield can be followed up with a double jump or an up-air? Important to know because I see plenty of MK's n-air a person's shield and simply land on the ground afterwards.

these kind of interesting tidbits

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Did you know MK's dash grab to dthrow is ****ing amazing in PS2 ice transformation?
My 2 cents :p

Omni

BRoomer
Lame.^

Did you know if you shuttle loop on BF and "crash land" into the edge of the top platform MK's get-up animation is canceled completely and you move instantly into a neutral free fall state?

Very deceptive.

etecoon

Smash Hero
think this was posted somewhere recently but during the windmill transform on PS1 you can running up throw at the ledge for instant kills

I'm interested in a lot more stage gimmicks like that if anyone knows, I don't really know that many I mostly play on neutrals

you can also use other things after instant nair like aerial shuttle loop, which is risky but the trajectory you usually get for hitting someone with SL at that angle is amazing

lilseph

Smash Ace
i havn't been around for as long as some of the guys around here so i don't really know any gimmicks. I can't wait to see where this thread goes, seems like a neat idea and we all could learn a lot from this :)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Not a did you know, but MKs should always be walking slightly forward when they want to pick up an item. Accidental Ftitl>>>accidental jab.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Did you know P4 will most likely close this thread because he wants his to be used?

Omni

BRoomer
The point was to actually have people contribute and then merge this thread with that one.

I forgot that the majority of the regulars here have a hard time doing that.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Just post interesting tidbits about MK that you think most people don't know about or tactics MK don't use enough.

Like...

- Did you know if Meta Knight does a frame specific double jump f-air/n-air under Battlefield's side platforms it almost looks like an auto-cancel? Very useful and can be followed up with grab or buffered d-tilts.
mwuahahahaha

Omni

BRoomer
Are you saying your last comment was directed toward the thread itself and not the conveniently placed post made by myself right before yours?

Relax, kid.

edit: :sadeyes: @ below

Staco

Smash Champion
I omnigayed Calzorz at 0%, best european Snake, to two stock him in one match of our tourney set. :awesome:

SH Nair to Up B.
Never thought about this, thanks!
I always was looking for good follow ups of the SH Nair.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I omnigayed Calzorz at 0%, best european Snake, to two stock him in one match of our tourney set. :awesome:

SH Nair to Up B.
Never thought about this, thanks!
I always was looking for good follow ups of the SH Nair.
SHNair has several follow-ups... Lower percents leads to Uair chains, Dair>Dtilt, etc.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Did you know a shielded fair (MK vs MK) leads to a dash grab? I'm pretty sure the only way to avoid this is to space so hard that you either do not touch their shield to begin with or have only the first two hits strike the shield as you DI away.

Staco

Smash Champion
Did you know a shielded fair (MK vs MK) leads to a dash grab? I'm pretty sure the only way to avoid this is to space so hard that you either do not touch their shield to begin with or have only the first two hits strike the shield as you DI away.
If you Auto Cancel a spaced late Fair the dashgrab won´t work.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
That's why all your fairs should be retreating like M2K it's a lot harder to punish

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah I used to always do an approaching fair, then I switched to retreating one with incredible results.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
did you know that if you dash then stop, on the very last frames of the stopping animation, you can still dash attack? It catches people off guard cuz it looks like you're standing still but it's hard to time.

Exdeath

Smash Master
did you know that if you dash then stop, on the very last frames of the stopping animation, you can still dash attack? It catches people off guard cuz it looks like you're standing still but it's hard to time.
It's not a matter of stopping; it's decelerating. Even though it may appear that Meta Knight has stopped, he is still in a dashing state.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Did you know you can continuously do aerial up-B without touching the ground?

Top Bottom