• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight "Did You Know?" Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dtilt extends your hurtbox about a mile so when powershielded you are screwed.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Short hop n-air
Buffer aerial up-b
Cancel up-b with jump ASAP
Repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as you want

Instead of doing an aerial up-b you can double jump and do an aerial instead

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Did you know a shielded fair (MK vs MK) leads to a dash grab? I'm pretty sure the only way to avoid this is to space so hard that you either do not touch their shield to begin with or have only the first two hits strike the shield as you DI away.
Not if you fastfall and buffer a dtilt :)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
this is a troll, right?
No sir, this is true, I knew this since like month 6 of Brawl but didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to help MK's metagame. Mew2king has known about this for quite a while

Staco

Smash Champion
No sir, this is true, I knew this since like month 6 of Brawl but didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to help MK's metagame. Mew2king has known about this for quite a while
I try to do it, but it doesn´t work for me.
You have to do the jump after the full up b animation is finished?
Do you have to cancel the glide or somewhat?

edit:
okay, it works for me now
but doesn´t seem to be to usefull
I will still try around with it a bit

Exdeath

Smash Master
I made a post about that almost a month ago, along with Nair>foot stool>stuff being a frame-trap.

V

Smash Ace
Did you know dtilt > buffered super fast ftilt pretty much ***** everybody's spot dodge. (Marth and falco come to mind). Also if your holding the ledge vs snake and he dj cyphers a ledge JUMP reverse shuttle loop will hit him before his air dodge. And in case you forgot we're invincible for our entire ledge jump so ledge jump to buffered aerials is super safe vs characters that can actually ledge trap us. People need to ledge jump more.

Edit: PS, full hop retreated bair ***** nado in the ditto. Rar bair to buffered tilts/GSL on marths shield is awesome (if you barely poke and retreat it considering marth lives off punishing mk oos). Everybody needs to claw grip and everybody needs to learn walk away turnaround non crouching dtilt. Kinda hard but very usefull

Staco

Smash Champion
I don´t think turnaround walk away DTilt works that well. There are better options, if you get your opponent to run into you, when walking away.

You can **** tornado with a lot of different moves, not just bair.

V

Smash Ace
I don´t think turnaround walk away DTilt works that well. There are better options, if you get your opponent to run into you, when walking away.

You can **** tornado with a lot of different moves, not just bair.
how when dtilt comes out in 3 frames...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Wtf kind of logic is that
99% of moves in the game have end lag

Exdeath

Smash Master
how when dtilt comes out in 3 frames...
It's safe, but pivot grab is generally better if you're making a read due to the much better reward (~3x the guaranteed damage, better momentum, kills at very high percents, etc.).

Walk-away Dtilt is good, however.

Staco

Smash Champion
Dunno, that DTilt stuff just doesn´t work that well for me.
I also can´t find much options to use it.
I tried to experiment with it a bit, after I read it, but I just can´t find good uses.

If you get your enemy missing you by walking away you can punish him much harder.
If he keeps running at you I would choose other options, such as dashgrab towards him or spaced FTilt/Aerials.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Dunno, that DTilt stuff just doesn´t work that well for me.
I also can´t find much options to use it.
I tried to experiment with it a bit, after I read it, but I just can´t find good uses.

If you get your enemy missing you by walking away you can punish him much harder.
If he keeps running at you I would choose other options, such as dashgrab towards him or spaced FTilt/Aerials.
Watch Mike Haze's Marth for general principles on how it's effective (it's not the same, but it is similar).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
It's safe, but pivot grab is generally better if you're making a read due to the much better reward (~3x the guaranteed damage, better momentum, kills at very high percents, etc.).

Walk-away Dtilt is good, however.
this

also, dtilt is legitimately broken. best pressure move in the game probably

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Did you guys know that at low percentages MK doesn't even have frame advantage on hit of the d-tilt(unless it trips)?

So if you hit your opponent with D-tilt they have frame advantage. Most characters don't have moves fast enough to punish you though. But if you're d-tilting a Marth he can just up-B

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
You're terrible at spacing it in that case
kind of but not really, in order to take advantage of IASA frames you need to keep d-tilting as fast as possible. This makes you move towards your opponent which is bad. If you wait in between hits so you can stay far away from your opponent then you're giving your opponent an extreme frame advantage.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Or

*ding ding ding ding ding* awaits 2008 metaknight strategy

dtilt->>>>ftilt

herp derp

wtf at swf uncapping everything :/

Kel

Smash Master
GIMR, I've been wondering if MKs would ever implement the old "no land" thing that was discovered right away. I don't know how to explain it, but all characters can do aerials and land with no lag into another aerial or move, such as bowser using his Over B, jumping, and doing another over B into jump with no lag.

Snake could Bair, jump Bair, jump bair indefinitely as well.

I could do it every once in a while with MK, but it seemed entirely too technical and I couldn't find any use for it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You still have to consider human reaction time, and the fact that people often anticipate multiple dtilts and thus stay in shield.

For example, often enough I see people pressure with dtilt>fsmash, sure, it's way flawed in terms of frame data, but it works for that reason.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You still have to consider human reaction time, and the fact that people often anticipate multiple dtilts and thus stay in shield.

For example, often enough I see people pressure with dtilt>fsmash, sure, it's way flawed in terms of frame data, but it works for that reason.
You learn quickly that Dtilt isn't safe on hit at low percents when you play with a Snake who realizes that they get a free Ftilt if you do anything other than shield.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR, I've been wondering if MKs would ever implement the old "no land" thing that was discovered right away. I don't know how to explain it, but all characters can do aerials and land with no lag into another aerial or move, such as bowser using his Over B, jumping, and doing another over B into jump with no lag.

I could do it every once in a while with MK, but it seemed entirely too technical and I couldn't find any use for it.
It's good to use as a mix up strategy. most people try to grab you when they see you're going to land on the ground. So you can just bait a grab and then up-B them again

Staco

Smash Champion

weve got 5 jumps, its almost useless
even for chars such as snake its not that usefull

V

Smash Ace
weve got 5 jumps, its almost useless
even for chars such as snake its not that usefull
Theoretically if we mastered ISJR with our dair we would never get grabbed by the IC

Staco

Smash Champion
Theoretically if we mastered ISJR with our dair we would never get grabbed by the IC
Practically we would get ***** by ICs UAir, because we have to use DAir in a really stupid position, which makes is pretty easy for ICs to hit us.
+ you can also just land somewhere on a platform.
Only use would be FD.

Does that also work with FAir?

Yes, right?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Only like Bowser can use this well IIRC. But we shoul still explore the possibilities.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ill try and learn it. hopefully im buying a 2nd wii for my eu home tonight (100 euros :'()

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu i actually. have to unlock ****. ive never played subspace i got my wii used and had someone else do it for me. my wii is used also but no brawl saves on it... anyone know how to hack brawl saves on a disc? i have to burn a dual layer tonight anyway. i have brawl legally i just cant get it out of my wii it doesnt work

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Based on what Gimr said, can I dsmash an Mk that Dtilt's me with Wolf? I think I've done that, but unsure.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ill try and learn it. hopefully im buying a 2nd wii for my eu home tonight (100 euros :'()

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu i actually. have to unlock ****. ive never played subspace i got my wii used and had someone else do it for me. my wii is used also but no brawl saves on it... anyone know how to hack brawl saves on a disc? i have to burn a dual layer tonight anyway. i have brawl legally i just cant get it out of my wii it doesnt work
If you have an SD card, I can give you my pack thing and that should unlock all chars and stages.

Top Bottom