• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memphis Area Rankings and tournament thread

Ambix

Smash Ace
I'll be at jacks.

Arby: you can call a seat. We haven't worked out how many are going.

I call a backup seat in the event i can't go with run7.

Driving with them was simply amazing.

The company was excellent and having a shower / bed instead of a sweaty 4 hours on a venue floor was like having sex with identical triplett cheerleaders.

Vts

Smash Champion
Memphis you guys coming next weekend?

10 days until gamecon!

i've been training and by training watching anime, reading doujins, reading manga, and playing little smash lol.

guess since its close got 1 week to learn those hand offs... o joy lol.

Vts

Smash Champion
What memory you have, sad your forgot that I used garbage tires to fight one and almost won. :ohwell:
but the fact is you didn't thats like saying u ran and almost won just to lose to the guy who is blind and has to use his walking stick to make sure he doesn't hit anything.

imagine it iori a guy running fast swinging that stick!!! and you lost to him!!!

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
lets see... 7 days till Other M, 10 days till gamecon... you guys have bad timing... I might still be fapping to Other M at that point. I'll just bring my Wii and play between Melee matches

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Wow guys I love your attendance. I love that there is a thread that condons people to talk about melee but not actually play it. I think nike says it fine "just do it" Which some of you should write down and gather the meaning from.

<.< the entirety I've spent on this game is coming to a close. From now on If it involves melee count me out.

Keep in mind I still will be traveling for it, just not in my hometown.

@vts <3 yes I could see it, it still hurts too much to think about. I kinda feel defeated now, thank you for that.

Vts

Smash Champion
@vts <3 yes I could see it, it still hurts too much to think about. I kinda feel defeated now, thank you for that.

<3, come to gamecon :D.

i'll start traveling again soon but past few weeks no real tournaments and stuff and being broke.

but 3-5th is gamecon so won't be going to memphis 11th i have plans and after that i'm pretty much free and guess we could possibly start up tri/bi weeklies here in arkansas/memphis where we alternate who travels to where (mainly so chamberlin/g.vice/ace/anden can get to play).

if we start up the power rankings again i say we kind of do it like cali did it.

where they know the skill of a person and don't base it off tournaments but what we know our friends can do.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Wow guys I love your attendance. I love that there is a thread that condons people to talk about melee but not actually play it. I think nike says it fine "just do it" Which some of you should write down and gather the meaning from.

<.< the entirety I've spent on this game is coming to a close. From now on If it involves melee count me out.

Stop crying like an emo *****. You know you have support negro.

I did not attend due to it being my mom's b-day. I got nothing this weekend though.

Unless one of these females wants to get together. RL ftw.

Winnar

Smash Lord

Iori you still have to teach me how to be great at melee so I can beat everyone

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
My response to all's In my opinion we could do stuff that would be much more exciting than melee all the time. <.< what the point in being a champion when no one can contend with you. Worthless belt I say, let the masses have it.

@Winnar from what I see I can't walk all over you anymore. I don't have anything I can teach you. Especially since your a marth player. Space better I guess, so that even when approaching people still don't have any options. Also fyi stop dsmashing, it sucks.

@Fullmetal, if you see this deal with it.

In all honesty so far I have lost out to wobbles as well as wobbling and zhu. >.>

I do have this idea I've been kicking around in my head tho. I want to reenact the dml apartment lifestyle, using actual occurrences.

Starring cast

Iori as Jack ha-yes
Kyo as Chad machola
Buns/edward as Iori

Visits by Yang, Hando, and Raymond

I will be a scene like from Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Scenario where we talk about the day and the life of Living with DML.

Mostly it will be for laugh and giggles but it will be for us as a group. Also we could go bowling, just throwing that out there.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I learn by playing people better than me, and you're the best person within 3 hours of me. I say teach but I really mean play me so you can show me by example where the weak points in my game are.

And I don't think I used dsmash at all last time we played XD Maybe once or twice on accident

But I do appreciate that we should do more than just play melee all the time when we hang out, I'd be down for that. Just not bowling, hate hate hate bowling lol

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I think I've already mentioned that to you Iori... however your work schedule has problems with days that doing things would be on.

Also, IHSB and I had a serious spiritual discussion while playing Melee the other night. Srsbzns.

Edit: I need as much practice as I can get before TO6

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I'll play some Smash this weekend. depending on if my brother wants to come visit on his b-day I may be able to attend Gamecon.

Also, Other M on tuesday, so hype

Ambix

Smash Ace
you driving to gamecon iori?

Also I gave cyner my number. If you guys do anything up in memphis just give me a jangle and i'll come up.

Preferably near jacks house since i haven't got the gas money to get out to cordova.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I would have tag teamed with ya today for some laserquest but I was fixin on my car with a mechanic.Srry Iori. I will inform you that i'm possibly making plans to go to the paintball park in three weeks with a few friends if you don't fear being hit by a ball of paint.lol Call if you get interested dude.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I would have tag teamed with ya today for some laserquest but I was fixin on my car with a mechanic.Srry Iori. I will inform you that i'm possibly making plans to go to the paintball park in three weeks with a few friends if you don't fear being hit by a ball of paint.lol Call if you get interested dude.
I say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpE_STh3E8I&feature=related

No but seriously, I would love to come. :ohwell:

Top Bottom