• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Mafia! Game Over, Town Wins!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1 (7/13) - Deadline is 23/05/11

Gordito [1] - J
Adumbrodeus [0]
Lil Jon [1] - MOD
BeatStick [0]
Vult Redux [3] - Beat, Sword, AM
frozenflame751 [0]
Sworddancer [0]
Terywj [0]
Roxy [0]
Aggressive Mediation [2] - Vult, Red Ruy
Joey [0]
Red Ryu [1] - Gordito
J [0]

Not Voting [6] - Joey, Roxy, Tery, Frozen, Lil Jon, Adumb

Soupamario has edited a post and has thus earned his hydra a mod vote!

I am going on record from this point on. Every three offenses of not posting on one's hydra will result in a MOD vote! In addition, every post mistakenly made on a player's normal account must be quoted by the Hydra.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@Mod: Can mod votes lynch a player?

If they can, we're kind of screwed. Soupa start posting on your hydra NOW

:172:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If people want to know why I changed my mind it was this.

I should clarify because some people might not see the silliness.

He's acting like he didn't expect someone to doubt his claim.

Let's be real here you guys.

If he were a Town Beloved Princess he would be expecting to have to defend his claim from skeptical people. People who claim these know that their claim will raise eyebrows from anyone, including Town. If Town never doubted these claims (Miller/Princess/etc.), scum would always win if they fakeclaimed them. My doubting his claim isn't a scumtell at all. He's just trying to take advantage of the fact that he thinks I'm the minority and can turn a wagon on me easily.
That changed my mind on Aggressive Mediation and believability on the claim. It wouldn't make sense for him to carry that kind of attutude about him claiming princess. Any game I have played, town Princesses tried to hide and never said they were a princess unless it was early in the game in which they were forced to claim.

In addition to that, I already responded and commented on the points he said of me, which I literally said to a page ago. Saying I never said anything about it. Clear skimming or purposefully misquoting, even better he quoted things before it then skipped all of those comments to Joey.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Wait, so princesses don't want to claim? Yet he claimed anyways? We should hope he gets night killed tonight(vig) or maybe lynch him tomorrow? I would feel way more safe with his lynch day two instead of one, so all of our power roles know what to do instead of randomly going out for two nights in a row.

Yeah he's skimming pretty badly (Which doesn't surprise me that much honestly >_>)... Hmm... Why such an odd role ugh @_@;!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
God I hope I remember how to collapse...

Man wtf, Cosmo can get to grand finals with Zelda and they make him a Princess role in mafia? Poor IL, lol.
He said **** RVS so I though we're skipping it if he is being serious.
Vote: Adumbrodeus

Stop being good with reading people.
Cause I wanna call out Ambrodeus for being amazing at reads when I saw him play RE4, he nailed everyone but me as scum in his reads.

And meh felt like it.
Why are we voting Vult?
I don't think Soup is scum because of this, but it feels like a null tell rather than a town one.
1. Gordito
2. Adumbrodeus
6. frozenflame751
8. Terywj
9. Roxy
11. Joey
13. J

We shouldn't get too twisted about this and see what these guys say when they get back.

@Everyone on this list, what do you think of the Vult and Soup situations?
Hi Joey!

Hmmm...so you feel like the attitude is that different? Soup seems to think Sword is easily to talk to and Beatstick is harder to have a discussion with.

I think there is reason to be skeptical about the claim, but I wouldn't know much about standard procedure, since I've never seen a person outright claim princess right at the beginning, Miller I have, Princess I've seen people try to hide it more often than not.

I do want to see what Vult says more about it, but I wouldn't count out his claim. I think I can see personally Ryker being believable in this situation and am willing to side with him, I just wouldn't say it with 100% certainty since this is new for me.

I didn't try to put us back in there, my listeral reason for doing it was, "Cause I felt like it"

If I were to be honest about this.

I made one comment saying I felt like Soup's arguments were more null rather than town, but that is all I made about the issue. Well that and I feel like voting Vult over just not believing him is kinda BS, while I agree them not listing the reasons is legit to talk about, but not really a reason to vote on him for the moment, even more so when most players haven't posted yet.
Goridito, NK still results in a skipped day.
No worries.

I don't have much about it either since I can see what your saying about the difference here, but it's not strongly changing my thoughts on either being scum or town. Still I'll wait as well for Vult before I think about this more.

Also can people clarify about when he was a princess?
Joey, why is there a Pichu after your posts?
While I haven't seen a game like this, has anyone else been in a game in which princesses don't trigger on certain deaths?
Not this again...
Explain.

unvote Vote: Red Ruy

Funny how you leave out the comments I sent to Joey when I asked him about this, and when I did, put my opinion there.

FoS: Aggressive Mediation

Here we go again...

If you spent a fraction of a second to read anything I said to Joey, you'll see I did already.

Once he explains why then I can think about it more, as it stands he did have a right to call you out since even I said it was odd you claimed town princess right away when I have never seen something like that.

As it stands, he says he has legit meta on you and you even admit this. So I'm whiling to give him the benefit of the doubt even if I think it's more likely you are telling the truth.

Is anyone actually reading where I'm posting?
Vote: Aggressive Mediation

Totally down for this, his skimming of my past posts and your point is fine for me to lean this way.
These should be all of Ruy's posts. I see no intention of trying to assert his own opinions or stands from these posts. Sure he brushes upon certain points, but just because you are bringing them up doesn't mean you are really involving yourself with the matter. You're focusing more on the face value, and not really looking into the intentions behind the posts.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Gord I feel that you're trying to shift now. You specifically said opinions and stands, but when we showed that he shared opinions, you're like "CONTENT, NOT OPINIONS". >_>;

I do agree that he could give a little more content. Wouldn't put him under scum for it though, since he's definitely given some.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
They seem pretty spot on iirc.
Oh, please. He just listed off a bunch of generic tells that looked like they could apply to RR without explanation -- only enough to make it look like it was a lot.

Sorry to ask, but can you change your color to a lighter shade? It's really hard to read your color. :(

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
"Jaded"?

Some of the posts in his conversation with me show that he has posted some content. Before that he didn't really post any though, which I will give you.

@ Vult: Do you think his points hold any truth in them? His being Ryker's, the points being against Red Ryu.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So we just need 4 others to stop on by, then everyone will have posted.

Jaded and insufficient? Seriously I need to ask, look at all of those posts I made.

Can you say for 100% certainty that you believe that my posts have little to no content?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I went back into the thread to reread RR so I could answer your question, Joey. But then I came across this post and it NEEDS to be mentioned.

Yo Broto, gonna have to chill. It's a pretty ****ty role, I know, but there's no point in being pissy about it. Play with the hand you're dealt.
This is SOOOO fake it's ridiculous. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees it.

(Broto is what WL calls Ryker; maybe vice-versa)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's what WL calls Ryker lol.

That quote is one of the reasons why I'm doubtful of their claim. Why they said this publicly is beyond me if they're really the princess. :/

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay, there are a couple things I would like to point out:

Aggressive Mediation;12706542[B said:
]Kind of an assumption, but that's why I hate meta tells: they rely on assumptions that the player has not changed his play. How do you know we are (read: y'know, solid proof that doesn't assume something first to become valid) bull****ting?[/B]

Quoth Ryker: "I don't care. I AM normally full of ****. I'm not backing off of this because I have this role. Decide whether I'm lying or I'm not lying based on what I'm doing."

This is based entirely on methods. Ryker hates RVS, we chose to claim it to bypass RVS. It gave something for town to talk about it and it gave us a lead on finding scum--you.

I won't deny that you would be the one to pull meta against us, but it's a flimsy reason to use.

Quoth Ryker part 2: "We're either lying scum or Princess town and you're scum for trying to leave us open for a night kill."

I agree with that too. Soup's got his points backwards: Scum want to spread FUD about a princess claim. Scum want to leave it open to debate and want to keep town from believing it because they want to have that backdoor opportunity to kill the Princess whenever they need to kill the two kills. By consistently throwing doubt onto us, you're essentially leaving us open for lynch or NKill--exactly what scum want.

unvote Vote: Vult Redux

Lil Jon/Vult Redux for scum team if Vult flips scum.
AM said:
Same ****ing Red Ruy as RE4 Red Ruy. Sits on sidelines, doesn't say a lot about anything, doesn't comment on the princess claim, tries to direct town subtly without really getting involved in what's going on, and instead of adding his own opinion, he suggests we wait for others to post.
look at the bold

Although the point that someone isn't really doing something (disregarding whether or not you believe this point to be true about RR), one may say that you're using meta right here. I thought you hated meta tells? Yet you're using it here. What's up with that?

---

Gord(f?): I'm not really liking what I just saw from you. You kinda just rode off of what
AM said about RR, which is a point I don't even think was valid. AM declared that RR wasn't giving opinions, wasn't getting invovled in with the town, been sitting on the sidelines, ect., and you said in your 198 that those points seemed "pretty spot on." While I do definitely see some "useless" posts from RR, I would not go as far as to say that he has not provided content, or has been sitting on the sidelines, or anything like that. I question whether or not you actually checked to see if AM point was valid, or if you were just trying to ride off something Ryker said.

Also, when Joey/RR pointed out that this was flawed, you played a game of logistics and said that he simply "showed opinions, . . . not anything town could work with."
Gord(f?) said:
He showed... OPINIONS. He gave us small opinions. Not much of anything town can really work with.
What are you expecting from him? Isn't opinions kind of the equivalent to "something town can work with?" Also, what have you've done?

Also, the game only started yesterday. Even if he hadn't been giving opinions, could you still call anyone out on this at this point in time?

---

Vult, a couple of your points for not believing AM seem fair. Somethings I question, but my dad is pressuring me to go (he's the one taking me to the tourny) so I'll get to them later.

Anyways, I'll end that post with this:

unvote vote Gord(f?)

Later!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think I decided where my vote really belongs

Vote: Lil Jon

He keeps on going on and on about how people believing Ryker do it because they're scum, yet he believes ryker too, and even says that he's going to buddy him till Lylo. After that he gives REALLY weak attacks against the people voting Vult because they believe Ryker, which he does too! Then he clears swords after he defends his vote, and when asked why he's not voting any of the people that he thinks are scummy, he responds with a quote saying "I didn't vote you. I'm obviously scum." This quote doesn't explain at all as to why he doesn't vote Beat or Sword when his vote isn't anywhere at the time. He then explains what the quote means, which STILL isn't a good reason not to vote them at all, especially when you CLEAR one of them. Add this to generally scummy posts and aggravating play styles, and you got yourself a vote~!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh swords, I just noticed that I skipped one of your questions!

Yeah, I read your 119 a few times and stood back from thinking you were scummy for voting him the way you did. Even if I didn't like the reasons, they're still reasons so I'm not gonna think you're scum for that.

Purple

Hi guys!
all i know about this game right now

I don't think Soup is scum because of this, but it feels like a null tell rather than a town one.

Then why do you think he's not scum?

Gordito doesn't know what princess are, lol.

AM's psuedo clear, **** that ****.

soup masdjfkldsf, why.

Some Princess variations specifically carry their side-effects if they're killed only during Day or Night. He didn't specify in his first claim post (which is curious, no?).
No? I've never seen a ****ing princess aside from hearing about it in the role list for RE4 which I (Ryker) didn't play in. When I said Princess, I thought it was universally understood to mean, "You die, no day phase." You say, "Yeah, in my day, Princesses carry this specific side effect," yet you provide NO proof. Then you try and discredit our claim for some malformed reason.

So, no, you son of a *****, it isn't ****ing curious.

Also I should clarify that I'm not sure whether AM is scum. I could see him lying as Town also. /: That's why my vote isn't there.
Why the hell would you say this? If you think there's a possibility that I'm lying town, then WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU INTERRUPT ME?!

The ONLY reason you should be on my back about a claim is if you 100% believe I'm scum or if you are scum. You should either be pressing for my lynch or not casting doubt on it. Explain the town motivation, if you please.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying I'm lying town, I'm saying the opposite. I'm simply pointing out that he's ****ing ******** if he thinks jumping in if I might be lying town is a good thing.

Gord and J, do you agree with that disclaimer?

2 reasons.

Meta: 1/2 of that hydra has a gambit fetish and would love to apply unique strategies at any good opportunity. They were probably chatting on Skype or whatever and going "hurr hurr hurr" about it all during confirmation.

Logic: He doesn't get lynched often. If he were actually a princess he would've just played extremely Town D1 and claimed during Twilight to get Doc protection if he thought he'd be a nkill target (100% chance).

And I kind of grew up with both sides of the hydra Mafia-wise -- probably 15+ games. I'm credible I think.
Son of a *****.

How many times have I ****ing preached that the correct miller play is to claim in your first post? This is a goddamn hyper miller and you can kiss my *** if you think that meta is correct.

Not denying that I love bull**** and that I've played with this guy long before I started playing on DGames. Tbqh, we had a bull**** plan that I'll keep to myself until a later date, but this happened and we didn't want to run it.

@Joey, Adum, and Sworddancer - How do you feel that he's trying to discredit me yet hasn't placed a vote?

Princesses don't skip phases when NK'd. Only upon lynch. Unless your role specifically says it skips a phase upon death in general, which I can't possibly fathom.
Wow. Just checked mafiascum and it doesn't specify whether it's LYNCH or NK. I am 100% POSITIVE that either somebody told me that it's upon lynching, or that it was generally thought of, seeing that avoiding it by NK would seemingly be common balance for said role.
What do these two posts accomplish? What would the first have accomplished even if you were right?

EBWOP: The Princess role is a NERF on the town. It's put in to BALANCE the game in set-ups where LOSING A DAY PHASE, doesn't cost town the game.

@Roxy - Gord read, now. Null is not an option.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Gonna re-read through his posts.

He does have a point that you love to gambit. I'm surprised that you haven't said "I'm actually Day Vig. Soup is scum for believing my claim" or something like that >_>;.

I'll post after this with an opinion on him :p

This is based entirely on methods. Ryker hates RVS, we chose to claim it to bypass RVS.

It gave something for town to talk about it and it gave us a lead on finding scum--you.Lil Jon/Vult Redux for scum team if Vult flips scum.
Also, that's a nice bonus.

Soup lead there may be a bit early. I dunno, I'll talk to you about it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Uhh, Ryker... He did vote you LOL

>_> Yeeeah. I was suspicious because you claimed he didn't vote you... but he did. He's leaning town for sure.

This is probz the best response to what you guys obviously think is my being dumb. But seriously WTF I've always gone with the assumption that princess making town lose a phase resulted from lynch and was negated by a NK.

And oh, to you two guys thinking that that's vote worthy? My left nut a mechanic blunder is vote worthy. How about scum hunting?

I went into as much of my Red Ryu suspicion as I felt. Slip's a slip. And Soup isn't somebody I have a solid read on yet cuz it's a Soup tell, and I truly can't tell if it's a scum or town tell atm. Null.

I didn't feel it was vote worthy. Suspicious? Yea.
You.
Are.
Completely.
Reactionary.

Yet you have the gall to tell others to scum hunt. Do you get off on being hypocritical?

Uhh, Ryker... He did vote you LOL

>_> Yeeeah. I was suspicious because you claimed he didn't vote you... but he did. He's leaning town for sure.

Are you ****ing ********? He hadn't voted me yet at that point. The point still stands and you're a goddamn moron.

Why is he town? Back your **** up.

Top Bottom