• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Mafia! Game Over, Town Wins!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lol. You sure sound mad right now~! :)! Is it usually your plan to turn into a **** when things aren't working for you? Good job following through with that plan if it is!

Before I respond to Ryker and his attitude:

It's easier to remember if you know know it's pronounced "wuhlt" -- it's a Latin word.

But hey. I haven't seen you around before, and you have a interesting posting style. Is this your first game?

Also I should clarify that I'm not sure whether AM is scum. I could see him lying as Town also. /: That's why my vote isn't there.
Got this while reading through Vults posts~!

Hello! ^_^! This isn't my first game, but it is my first game with you on smashboards, so I can see why you would think this!

Back to reading through his posts :p

:172:

Lol. You sure sound mad right now~! :)! Is it usually your plan to turn into a **** when things aren't working for you? Good job following through with that plan if it is!

Before I respond to Ryker and his attitude:

Got this while reading through Vults posts~!

Hello! ^_^! This isn't my first game, but it is my first game with you on smashboards, so I can see why you would think this!

Back to reading through his posts :p

why the **** is this important

players' alignments shouldn't be judged on their experience.

He's acting like he didn't expect someone to doubt his claim.

Let's be real here you guys.

If he were a Town Beloved Princess he would be expecting to have to defend his claim from skeptical people. People who claim these know that their claim will raise eyebrows from anyone, including Town. If Town never doubted these claims (Miller/Princess/etc.), scum would always win if they fakeclaimed them. My doubting his claim isn't a scumtell at all. He's just trying to take advantage of the fact that he thinks I'm the minority and can turn a wagon on me easily.
There you go, baby. So you think I'm trying to get you lynched based on the fact that I think it's easy. You know I love you, sweetie, but you gotta give me more credit. You and I both know I'm not dumb enough to ever consider you an easy wagon. I can't get you mad and I know you have enough common sense to not make it easy to bull**** a wagon.

However, the problem here is, that's not the reason we want you dead. You are COMPLETELY playing based around the fact that you think I'm ballsy enough to claim Princess as scum. Town isn't supposed to ignore those claims, but Town is supposed to decide how to act on them BASED ON HOW THE PLAYER ACTS. You're not even trying to push us based on how we're acting this game which is why I'm thinking you're trying to use meta to, even if you don't lynch us, cast enough suspicion on us that we can be night killed at any time.

tl;dr

You're saying with certainty the motivations behind our vote on you even though it makes no sense. Get the **** out of here.

If people want to know why I changed my mind it was this.

That changed my mind on Aggressive Mediation and believability on the claim. It wouldn't make sense for him to carry that kind of attutude about him claiming princess. Any game I have played, town Princesses tried to hide and never said they were a princess unless it was early in the game in which they were forced to claim.
So you're trying to lynch us on the fact that we play Princess differently than you/how it's played in the past?

Okay.

In addition to that, I already responded and commented on the points he said of me, which I literally said to a page ago. Saying I never said anything about it. Clear skimming or purposefully misquoting, even better he quoted things before it then skipped all of those comments to Joey.
I'll get to these myself.

Oh, so you think me being a **** is a scum tell? Explain the point behind this section of your post as I see no protown motivation.

Honestly... as much as I hate saying this about anyone... Ryker has a big enough ego and is cocky enough to actually think like that Vult. Especially since he thinks he's one of the best players here, which I can confirm to be true :p.

Throwing meta to the side, I can really see where you're coming from with your posts. He does look pretty scummy right now. Red Ryu has actually shared quite a bit of information with us, Ryker. You were as wrong as I was a page ago. Sorry :C!
Oh.
My.
God.
Back.
Up.
Your.
Statements.

THERE IS NO FACTUAL CONTENT IN YOUR POST! You say you're throwing meta to the side, BUT DON'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING!

Red Ruy is the ONLY one who's posted anything aside from meta and it's just dumb.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why Vult is town:

~ Disagree'd with your claim! You may think that this isn't serious, but disagree'ing with a claim can harm you severely if you're scum! Especially something like a princess!
~ His points as to why you would lie as townie are head on, considering that you like to gambit like a ***** and that people here think you're the ****, so you don't get lynched too often.
~ He gave his reasons for voting you fully, which I agree with!
~ He was correct with your little statements against Red Ryu.
~ Most of his points so far have been right and most of the stuff he's said so far I agree with.

That's why I think he's town.

I never said it was a scum tell. I said "Is it usually your plan to turn into a **** when things aren't working for you?" Nice job trying to use my words against me, by the way! :D!

Oh! Okay! Thank you! That makes a lot more sense!

Unvote

I'm not going to put my vote anywhere now based on that. Ryker, read all of Red Ryu's posts. Do you think your points are still true? Gord as well. Both answer please. Not just one of you.

Here's a secret. I don't really care about Red Ruy right now.

[/SIZE] In addition, every post mistakenly made on a player's normal account must be quoted by the Hydra.[/U][/B]
I am not going to the trouble of doing this if I **** up and I don't have anything more to post, I am not switching accounts or hunting for the post later.

Why Vult is town:

~ Disagree'd with your claim! You may think that this isn't serious, but disagree'ing with a claim can harm you severely if you're scum! Especially something like a princess!
I will stab you. I've already explained this many times. This is the one role where scum need to spread WIFOM about it. They cannot have town accept a princess as a princess when they need to keep that option open.

And Red Ruy thinks I'm skimming? What the **** is this ****.

~ His points as to why you would lie as townie are head on, considering that you like to gambit like a ***** and that people here think you're the ****, so you don't get lynched too often.
Again: prove to us that we're actually lying. Just because half of this hydra has a history of bull****ting claims doesn't guarantee that he's lying now.

~ He gave his reasons for voting you fully, which I agree with!
this is not a gogdamn town tell

~ He was correct with your little statements against Red Ryu.
wgat

~ Most of his points so far have been right and most of the stuff he's said so far I agree with.

That's why I think he's town.
See: Broto *****ing at you to back your **** up.

Oh, please. He just listed off a bunch of generic tells that looked like they could apply to RR without explanation -- only enough to make it look like it was a lot.

Sorry to ask, but can you change your color to a lighter shade? It's really hard to read your color. :(
Yeah, still don't care about RR much.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So you're going to break rules? I see! Cocky people these days! :troll:

I don't agree with your points against me thinking he's townie at all.

Plus you're not admitting to skimming? Really? This will be fun~! :)

Those are my reasons to thinking he's town.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I can dig up information as to why vult's points against you are right if you want to admit to not reading damn near anything in this game. It shows that you really haven't.

LOL @ you all giving up on Red Ryu. Hahaha. Seriously? Proven wrong -> Giving up. Lol'd.

So you're going to break rules? I see! Cocky people these days! :troll:

I don't agree with your points against me thinking he's townie at all.

Plus you're not admitting to skimming? Really? This will be fun~! :)

Those are my reasons to thinking he's town.
Tbqh, I don't care about skimming RR. He's unimportant right now. He's a stepping stone.

Red Ruy said:
Funny how you leave out the comments I sent to Joey when I asked him about this, and when I did, put my opinion there.

FoS: Aggressive Mediation
You act like two ****ing posts with some minor content in terms of stances that don't really hunt for scum at all are going to cancel out your ten posts of fluff and noncontent prior to that. You don't suddenly become town after posting one post with a scrap of content.

I'm done commenting on Red Ruy, back to Vult.

Where the **** have I said I'm skimming? I read your bloody posts. I don't care for what I've read, I want you to quote specific posts that influenced your reads, Joey. Don't be a moron.

Joey, tell me which players are scumhunting and who they think is scum. All of them, within the next 5 minutes.

I'm going to go to a smashfest now. I'll go back to turbo posting when I'm back.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ryker lolol.

You're not going to admit that you skimmed, are you? :'/.

Gonna go get posts for you lolol.

Ryker lolol.

You're not going to admit that you skimmed, are you? :'/.

Gonna go get posts for you lolol.

I mean, I read it all, but nothing stuck as important or worth remembering aside from the fact that he's hypersensitive and that he's waiting to post now.

FF, Adum, Roxy, and Tery all have no content. Does anyone else fit that description?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
J - Gord scummy
Vult - You scummy
Soupa - Beat scummy
Me - You, Soupa scummy
Red Ryu - You scummy
Sword - Gordito scummy
Gord - Red Ryu scummy
You - Like 5 different people at completely different random times LOL! Red Ryu, Gord, Soupa, Vult I believe.

These are the people that have tried to scum hunt so far based on my memory :3!

Yep. You're not going to admit it. :c!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Skim'd. Will reread once I get home and comment more thoroughly. But for right now...

AM said:
DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying I'm lying town, I'm saying the opposite. I'm simply pointing out that he's ****ing ******** if he thinks jumping in if I might be lying town is a good thing.

Gord and J, do you agree with that disclaimer?
I hate when people do that. If you was gambiting (which is usually how town lies), and somebody think you are, then it's dumb as hell for them to expose said gambit. Because then... it doesn't become a freaking gambit.

AM said:
What do these two posts accomplish? What would the first have accomplished even if you were right?
It was me trying to make sense of people saying a princess skips Day phases regardless of what death happens. And then, realizing that maybe I'm wrong. Maybe one day you'll be proven wrong about something and go through the same cycle :awesome:

AM said:
You.
Are.
Completely.
Reactionary.

Yet you have the gall to tell others to scum hunt. Do you get off on being hypocritical?
Nah chill. Reactionary =/= passive. I don't play like you, leading the town from the get go. Which is why you might think of me as "reactionary". You know I'm not being a hypocrite. But if you really want me to exasperate my energy into D1, I'll try (D1's a joke and a toss up. I struggle, what can I say?).

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We never said you lied as town, by the way! The points as to why you would lie are head on. note the Italics.

Quite honestly, I don't care about what you have to say regarding your role, since it's the role you "own" and you could be scum lying to us very easily. Try again?

To me, explaining why you voted someone is definitely a townie tell! Sorry if you don't like it!

Post against Red Ryu:

"Sits on sidelines, doesn't say a lot about anything, doesn't comment on the princess claim, tries to direct town subtly without really getting involved in what's going on, and instead of adding his own opinion, he suggests we wait for others to post."

You stated multiple generic scum tell statements against Red Ryu. Most of which were false completely, even to where it could be assumed that you were lying. You stated that he didn't say anything about the princess claim. His first statement into the game was just that, even if it was small. He never tried to direct town at all, since the only posts he had at the time were:

Comment on Princess claim
"We're out of RVS?"
RVS Vote
Opinion on Soupa
and "Why are we voting Vult"!

It's obvious that he added his own opinion, as well! Is adding an opinion on soupa not "getting involved"? Your only really legit point against him was him asking people that haven't posted yet to start posting. :/.

With all of these, most of the points he has shared have been true!

Try again? :)

We never said you lied as town, by the way! The points as to why you would lie are head on. note the Italics.
I don't even need to address anything after this point in the post. Either I am lying or I'm not. Don't talk about why I would lie, it's WIFOM. There's no merit into it. Figure out if I'm telling the truth and act on it.

So I'll ask you: am I?

To remind everyone:

@Sprite: I don't care about what you believe. I care about what you do.
I don't care about Red Ruy's comments if he's not doing anything but sitting on the sideline and saying things like "I need more information before I can decide on Vult" or "Soup has an easier time talking to Sword than Bean****". That's taking a very minor, very noncommittal stance and not actually scumhunting. I don't see action in his posts. I see inaction passed off as action. That's scummy.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't think you're lying as town. Lying as scum? Possibly. I'm not sure as of yet, which is why I said I wouldn't be confident with lynching you day one before. Derp :p.

Your points were still false, which is the whole point of that post. :p

Skim'd. Will reread once I get home and comment more thoroughly. But for right now...
lopl

I hate when people do that. If you was gambiting (which is usually how town lies), and somebody think you are, then it's dumb as hell for them to expose said gambit. Because then... it doesn't become a freaking gambit.

Another great reason for why Vult is scum.

It was me trying to make sense of people saying a princess skips Day phases regardless of what death happens. And then, realizing that maybe I'm wrong. Maybe one day you'll be proven wrong about something and go through the same cycle :awesome:
I'll be waiting for that day. Until then, I'm certainly as hell gonna keep thinking I'm right.

Nah chill. Reactionary =/= passive. I don't play like you, leading the town from the get go. Which is why you might think of me as "reactionary". You know I'm not being a hypocrite. But if you really want me to exasperate my energy into D1, I'll try (D1's a joke and a toss up. I struggle, what can I say?).
I don't blame you for thinking D1's a toss up but it's not a joke. It's probably the most important phase in the game. But I agree with this.

I don't think you're lying as town. Lying as scum? Possibly. I'm not sure as of yet, which is why I said I wouldn't be confident with lynching you day one before. Derp :p.

Your points were still false, which is the whole point of that post. :p

How are they false? **** it, ISOreading RR.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Whoops I was wrong. You have two points that are accurate. My bad.

Edit: Actually I was wrong in a different way. Since the time you posted that statement, none of the things really lined up except possibly "sits on the sidelines", but that is kind of false too considering that I had a back and forth conversation with him for a bit. I think that pulls him off of the sideline.

Lets copy what you had against him again.

"Sits on sidelines, doesn't say a lot about anything, doesn't comment on the princess claim, tries to direct town subtly without really getting involved in what's going on, and instead of adding his own opinion, he suggests we wait for others to post."

These are all of the posts that Red Ryu had between when you stated that list and his very first post:

Man wtf, Cosmo can get to grand finals with Zelda and they make him a Princess role in mafia? Poor IL, lol.
He said **** RVS so I though we're skipping it if he is being serious.
Vote: Adumbrodeus

Stop being good with reading people.
Cause I wanna call out Ambrodeus for being amazing at reads when I saw him play RE4, he nailed everyone but me as scum in his reads.

And meh felt like it.
Why are we voting Vult?
I don't think Soup is scum because of this, but it feels like a null tell rather than a town one.
1. Gordito
2. Adumbrodeus
6. frozenflame751
8. Terywj
9. Roxy
11. Joey
13. J

We shouldn't get too twisted about this and see what these guys say when they get back.

@Everyone on this list, what do you think of the Vult and Soup situations?
Hi Joey!

Hmmm...so you feel like the attitude is that different? Soup seems to think Sword is easily to talk to and Beatstick is harder to have a discussion with.

I think there is reason to be skeptical about the claim, but I wouldn't know much about standard procedure, since I've never seen a person outright claim princess right at the beginning, Miller I have, Princess I've seen people try to hide it more often than not.

I do want to see what Vult says more about it, but I wouldn't count out his claim. I think I can see personally Ryker being believable in this situation and am willing to side with him, I just wouldn't say it with 100% certainty since this is new for me.

I didn't try to put us back in there, my listeral reason for doing it was, "Cause I felt like it"

If I were to be honest about this.

I made one comment saying I felt like Soup's arguments were more null rather than town, but that is all I made about the issue. Well that and I feel like voting Vult over just not believing him is kinda BS, while I agree them not listing the reasons is legit to talk about, but not really a reason to vote on him for the moment, even more so when most players haven't posted yet.
Goridito, NK still results in a skipped day.
No worries.

I don't have much about it either since I can see what your saying about the difference here, but it's not strongly changing my thoughts on either being scum or town. Still I'll wait as well for Vult before I think about this more.

Also can people clarify about when he was a princess?
Joey, why is there a Pichu after your posts?
So it's not a posting restriction yes?
While I haven't seen a game like this, has anyone else been in a game in which princesses don't trigger on certain deaths?
Do you see where I'm getting at or do you want me to go into more detail? I'm waiting for you to admit that you were skimming any moment now.

Top Bottom