• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Mafia! Game Over, Town Wins!

@Swordy: We're working on the Vult case. What do you think about Vult/Gorf only just now throwing in votes for FF/support for scum FF?
@Joey: What do you think of Vult not addressing anything else that's been posting?
@Bean****: Do you think Roxy/Purple has posted an acceptable level of content?
@Adumb: Who killed Tery and why?

FF said:
Since you seem to have an idea, do you think he ****ed up, or that someone got rid of him?
We've talked about it, we think he's Mason recruiter. We didn't catch breadcrumbs and we weren't connected. We're assuming, though. We want to wait for Adumb to respond before we do but believe us, we will have an answer once Adumb does.

Town: J/Roxy/AM/FF/Swords/RR/Tery/Lil Jon

I like who i think are town. If one scummy is hiding in my town reads it is between Swords/FF dispute and maye Roxy since i am always unsure of him.

Scum: Joey/Adumb/Beatstick/Gord/Vult.

Those are my final reads before deadline.

:phone:
here's another vote in support of us

gee he was town self-watcher

It's not worth my time, so I won't bother.

Not my problem his memory is terrible.

Do something that goes to scum hunting rather than shoving how much you dislike people's playstyles.

Ok.
k

ride your town read like a good little boy. back to *****ing at the real scum.

Purple is kind of a non entity. I periodically forgot he was in the game. But from what I remember I didn't quite like what I saw. He'd kind of stick his head into one subject for a few seconds and then drop it. Null leaning scum.

Why do we care about Purple? Probz gonna read back tomorrow/later today just so I'm not totally grillin FF and see what's up.
why would this make your read lean scum? explain.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We've talked about it, we think he's Mason recruiter. We didn't catch breadcrumbs and we weren't connected. We're assuming, though. We want to wait for Adumb to respond before we do but believe us, we will have an answer once Adumb does.
/facepalm

The whole point of me not saying he was a mason recruiter was to keep that discussion coded between us while waiting for people (hint hint, like adum derp) to respond to your question/offer their own speculation about his death.

Thanks for blowing the cover. =|

/facepalm

The whole point of me not saying he was a mason recruiter was to keep that discussion coded between us while waiting for people (hint hint, like adum derp) to respond to your question/offer their own speculation about his death.

Thanks for blowing the cover. =|
We tried giving you something without ruining adumb response. Sorry. Why does his flip matter beyond town?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Am I really still in this game? o_O;

Vult, what have you said about FF earlier in the game to show that you thought this way about him?

:172:

EBWOP the sequel: Broto just put two and two together and just realized he could be a mason recruiter. Whoops the sequel.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Implying that skating is fun at all

I've had beat as townie since earlier because the way he's been playing hasn't really seemed like something scum would do. His vote on Vult left him out in the open extremely, which is shown through soupa calling him scum ****. This read hasn't changed since.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We tried giving you something without ruining adumb response. Sorry. Why does his flip matter beyond town?
EBWOP: FF, it looked like you wanted something from us to us. Hence why we responded in the manner we did.
Well yeah, obviously your opinion on Tery's death provides info that could corrupt adumbs response so I understand why you didn't give me that answer. That was what I was looking for though. I already gathered that you had figured out what Tery's role was, so it would have just been better if you said "FF I'll answer your question after adum answers mine." I would have understood why.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
you're quoting one thing
Yeah. The one question that he asked me and followed up on after I responded to. The negligible thing I mentioned.

out of a ****ing ton of posts
more like five.

you quote one thing and call it negligible when that wasn't even the only thing he yelled at you about.
I guess you're right, he asked me other things too.

@ Vult: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12727187&postcount=726

You're saying that you announcing that you would be skimming would result in people changing their posting habits?
- a followup of the previous question.

How does knowing AM's character claim have any bearing on the likelihood of their being an anti-town princess role, and furthermore, the likelihood of them actually claiming it like they did?
And you're "not convinced" that their claim wasn't just a knee-jerk, not thought through move because why again?
- and stuff about my attitude towards your claim.

Which could be important, sure.

You're really playing him up.

Vult, what have you said about FF earlier in the game to show that you thought this way about him?
Nothing.

Right now I am finally at the point where I'm going to jump off the AM boat only because it's become a waste of my time. I like this option because it might actually go somewhere.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
With FF's latest post, do you feel that he's still scum and do you feel that voting him will still go somewhere?

I don't care if you think we're playing him up, we're taking you down because you're ****ing scum. Regardless of your opinion on him, you're literally not taking account of anything else he said and now you're saying "yeah, sure, I was wrong."

That doesn't fly here. BRB grabbing posts, you're ignoring more than just the **** you quoted.

Well yeah, obviously your opinion on Tery's death provides info that could corrupt adumbs response so I understand why you didn't give me that answer. That was what I was looking for though. I already gathered that you had figured out what Tery's role was, so it would have just been better if you said "FF I'll answer your question after adum answers mine." I would have understood why.
Well oops. Done is done. Not like it would be hard for Adumb to reach the same conclusion. Sorry for throwing the possibility out, but the main purpose of my question was to get his analysis on why Tery died and what Tery's death means. I still want it.

@ Vult: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12716145&postcount=483

Dude what? I see you've never heard of Occum's Razor. So you're saying that the reason they're playing poorly, made a crap claim (regardless of alignment, which I already explained unless you ignored my post), and keep debating their own motives for said claim is actually an elaborate ploy to somehow scare us all away from ever lynching them and dissaude PRs and/or anti-town roles from targeting them at night? Do you actually believe this? I seriously can't tell if you're skimming scum desperate to distract us, or dumb town who can't recognize bad play.

Do you SERIOUSLY think they might be an anti-town princess role?

And I'll tell you what kind of townie thinks the way they do. A confused townie comprised of two individuals who don't have their **** sorted and have no concept of how to play their role.
Hey Vult, whacha say to this.

During D1 I kept feeling like I was seeing people list him as Town and was thinking "what?! why?!"

I might go for this but I want to review his posts first because I don't remember much other than that he kept grilling me constantly for something I thought was pretty negligible.

What do you think of Purple, Gord?
Then why did you post what you posted?

We're talking about your response to Gord's case here, which has nothing to do with me.
Gord can die too, but you immediately posted support of Gord's case which attaches you to it. Disagree?

This is Ryker and I'm out for now unless WL tells me something I need to ***** about. Need to catch up in other games and do **** around the house.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Not in logic. In simple conversation flow. It's like you forget what we're talking about as we're talking about it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Alright dude like seriously I don't ****ing get you this game at all. What's with this new minimalist play style? Where is this coming from?
It's coming from my 796. I couldn't vote then, so I voted now. Purple is still scum.

Now answer my question.

Vote: adumbrodeus

Full analysis later, but I'm not liking how you have been coasting on small content at best.
Who did you give the investigation and what does it do?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Adum: My reasoning behind Vult being potentially scum and not just dumb was the fact that A.) He was entertaining and trying to give credence to extremely farfetched possibilities with little to no backing, thus playing a distracting role and B.) Up to that point that had really been his only major content. He was continuing to focus on the claim which in and of itself was a bad thing IMO, as I explained in my first post, AND he was doing so in an extremely unproductive and overly paranoid way. It seemed like he was just throwing possibilities out there for no reason either to just pretend to have a stance on the issue, or just gum up the works so to speak in order to prevent us from coming to a consensus on the issue and moving on.

Overall it was just really useless and bad speculation.

Now you should get to answering some questions.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Skimming much Adumb?

I said Frozenflame already, as was said a few pages ago.
You're right, but you still haven't answered the second part of my question. My error. I misread. I don't like the choice though.

Regardless you haven't answered the second question yet, please do.

@ Adum: My reasoning behind Vult being potentially scum and not just dumb was the fact that A.) He was entertaining and trying to give credence to extremely farfetched possibilities with little to no backing, thus playing a distracting role and B.) Up to that point that had really been his only major content. He was continuing to focus on the claim which in and of itself was a bad thing IMO, as I explained in my first post, AND he was doing so in an extremely unproductive and overly paranoid way. It seemed like he was just throwing possibilities out there for no reason either to just pretend to have a stance on the issue, or just gum up the works so to speak in order to prevent us from coming to a consensus on the issue and moving on.

Overall it was just really useless and bad speculation.

Now you should get to answering some questions.
None of which explains scum as a possibility with dumb. Useless bad speculation is the trademark of the aggressive dumb town player, and so is extreme focus on a single player. Scum would want to be non-committal to spread their options as wide as possible and to not be seen as responsible for any lynch. Frankly the only scum role that i could see with that pattern at the level of play Vult is displaying is a lyncher and I don't see that as likely in this setup, though possible. (heck, I've even done it myself in bioware, even though that was half scumread a mile wide and half being a d*** to avoid NKs)

So again, why? Is there a specific slip that suggests that Vult's faking it and is better at the game then he's saying? Beyond the role that I suggested, all scum variants of this play would have to be feigned, where's the evidence?

@Adumb: Who killed Tery and why?
Rereading Tery, I'll have an answer of at least my role thoughts today. Prelimary thoughts are town vig though, I don't see Tery as a dangerous target to any third party but was suspected by a lot of people. Add to that with J's softclaim and the fact that he was extremely towny and I'm almost positive J was the mafia kill, so tery being vig/third party seems most likely.

Purple

Hi guys!
Implying that skating is fun at all

I've had beat as townie since earlier because the way he's been playing hasn't really seemed like something scum would do. His vote on Vult left him out in the open extremely, which is shown through soupa calling him scum ****. This read hasn't changed since.

Why would him voting vult put him out in the open considering the way he was getting wagoned early D1?

Top Bottom