• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Mafia! Game Over, Town Wins!

Joey isn't going to fall into that because he's too busy tunneling Soup.
Vult isn't going to move off of us especially for a terrible case.
Lil Jon will follow me.
Roxy is voting him, isn't he? He will vote Gord. He's dumb.
Adumb can't get away with it and he knows it.
Frozen isn't a moron.
Tery doesn't think Gord is scum.

There is my answer. What have you drawn from it? What did it accomplish? What was your motivation for asking it?

Lil Jon

Seikend|Soupamario
lil jon (seik) - After Gord explained his POV on rr + joey are you changing to that point of view?
Nope. I think Joey is town. Whether RR flips town or scum is irrelevant to my read on Joey.

RR is leaning town. Joey scumflip would solidify that read, townflip would have no impact.

However, I don't think Gordito is scummy for his opinion on RR + Joey honestly. I can see how it makes sense.

@Lil Jon: Can you please go into details about your reads on the following people:

AM
Vult
Beat
SwordsDancer

It would really be appreciated! Thank you! ^_^

:172:
AM - I'll get back to you on this.

@AM What's your reasoning for not liking Adumb? Why is he not a good lynch?

Vult - Town. Think his point against AM is legit. And he's commenting on other players too but remaining focused on AM.

Beat - Null leaning town. Making good observations, pushing Gord. Don't remember him questioning anyone else really though.

Swords - Town. I agree with a lot of his thoughts. Pushing the right things.

@J Why is FF town?

Unvote
Will be talking to Soupbro soon hopefully.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lil Jon will follow me.
Frozen isn't a moron.

There is my answer. What have you drawn from it? What did it accomplish? What was your motivation for asking it?
You seemed too sure his lynch wouldn't go through. Then again both of you tend to be confident. I'm seeing how you gauge people a bit, but lets take this a step further,

Joey
Lil Jon
Roxy

Reads on these people. Go.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Meta is irrelevant. You have nothing where he is real to compare it to. It's ****ing ********. Why are you pushing that he "looks fake."
Because he does look fake?

Votecount 5 [7/13] - Deadline is 23/05/11

Gordito [4] - Sword, Beat, Red Ryu, J
Lil Jon [2] - MOD, Joey
Vult Redux [1] - AM
Aggressive Mediation [1] - Vult
Joey [2] Lil Jon, Roxy
Red Ryu [2] - Gordito, Adumb

Not Voting [2] - Frozen, Tery
Kay so who am I imagining things or does it look like others agree with the GordScum train of thought over yours which is the VultScum/RRScum. RR wagon is ick because it has Adumb on it for one and also Gord. You and Vult are cross-voting each other which simply put is unimpressive. The next couple of lynch candidates are Gord (L-3) Lil Jon with a mod vote and a vote from Joey. Joey who has Lil Jon and Roxy.

Personally, I don't think you are gonna be able to push the Vult lynch any farther, might get an RR lynch but it's doubtful. Nice little touch at discrediting with the ML comment. I think it's you who needs to move on this time.

I like the fact that you ninja'd me with a scum list. I like the fact that Adum is scum. I want you to ****ing die in a whole for putting Roxy and Red Ruy on your highest town reads and Joey and Gord on your scum reads.
*hole, not whole.

You lil jealous you aren't that high on my town list this time? Aw wellz too bad for you.

No it isn't, but I want J's reasoning before I blow it sky high. I want it concrete and on the record.
Sorry, I'm waiting for Swords reasonings on Gord before I input mine so I don't taint the water. (btw, you could twist this to mean something else.)

@J Why is FF town?
I liked his intro post as said before.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I can wait for Swords.

You're flat wrong everywhere you said "No."

Your wagon is useless because it's gone as far as it is going to go minus possibly one more vote. Don't try and intimidate me with vote counts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is Joey which one of the follow? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Is Lil John which one of the follow? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Is Roxy which one of the follow? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
EBWOP: Forgot something.
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=149045
I **** you not, he made a topic about this exact thing.
I find this ********, but I’m not going to waste time talking about this / mechanics.
I have read fully, too bad what I read was mostly complete **** and I didn't get much out of it.
That's why I asked those two questions at the bottom of my big post. Those answers will help me move forward with my reads.
Joey, you are being contradicting though, you just said to me explicitly that you were defending RR and you truly thought he was town, but he is leaning scummy to you? Why are you defending someone who you believe is scummy? Why are you contradicting yourself with your read on RR? Your 402 directed @ Roxy is also unpleasant. In fact whenever someone places a vote on you, you have some little comment to input. You also are pseudo-scumhunting. You are not following up on any of your suspicions. When heat comes your way you stop scum-hunting and focus on CYA (covering your ***). You seem to be posting just to post and your defense of "lol udumb therfore idc." is bad.
Unvote
Vote: Joey~Dooms
Lots of stuff here that I saw while reading through Joey’s non-******** / non-annoying posts. I’ll need to take a reevaluation and read through Joey again. Joey’s play seems to be overachieving, but again, I’ll have to take a second look before labeling him as Mafia.
Gordito still bothers me, his flip flop earlier and his set-ups situations are not cool.
Vote: Gordito
Really now? I find this hard to believe that after seeing J point out Joey’s flip flop on your own read, that you have real problem with this, if you’re town? Way back in RVS people were also pairing possible teams—one example is Aggressive Mediation noting Vult Redux and Lil Jon, IIRC. Did you note this? I don’t even think you commented on this. I don’t care if it’s RVS, it’s still important. Why else would you be voting for these reasons now? You’re showing spots in your play, Red Ryu.
I'm still wondering what Roxy has against me except 3 worthless one liners.
:172:
Don’t waste your time. Ignore until seen again and focus on something else.
Sworddancer’s #441 looks pretty good. Just a couple things.
Also I think Sworddancer is Town.
I can agree with this, once Sworddancer answers some of my points.
Tery, could you see Gord v RR and being TvT?
I’ll need to find time for a reread on Red Ryu’s spot especially, since I’m more inclined to believe Red Ryu is Mafia. So I’ll have to answer no. TvS probably.
Well at least it was a classy, deal with it picture.
No expanding on it for the other players? Nothing?
And then you followup with this. I couldn’t quite see you as sidelining /fake contributing before, but you can do better than this.
Lil Jon will follow me.
Frozen isn't a moron.

Good answer guy.
Lil Jon said:
However, I don't think Gordito is scummy for his opinion on RR + Joey honestly. I can see how it makes sense.
Agreed.
J said:
I liked his intro post as said before.
Fair enough (my thoughts). I’d like to see more from FrozenFlame though.

1. Gordito – Town
2. Adumbrodeus - Null
3. Lil Jon (Soupamario + Seikend) – Null / Leaning Town
4. BeatStick - Null
5. Vult Redux - Leaning Town
6. frozenflame751 - Town
7. Sworddancer - Town
8. Terywj – Town
9. Purple - Null / Leaning Town
10. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker + Washed Laundry) – Leaning Town
11. Joey – Null / Leaning Mafia
12. Red Ryu - Mafia
13. J – Null / Leaning Town

Vote: Red Ryu
I personally think this is one of the most difficult games I've had to play / analyze, but maybe because of all the attitude / shenanigans from Aggressive Mediation, Joey, and Red Ryu.

Beat!

Smash Master
Gord, respond to my #444.
J, why am I "leaning scum"?
AM, is Vult the only lynch you would support toDay?
RR, do you have a reason for wanting AM's reads on those three specific players? What does him not giving a concrete answer say about his alignment?

:phone:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery, elaborate on all your null reads.

Full nulls or half nulls? Ahh whatever I'll post all.

Adumbrodeus - Posted a total of 3 times (not that I'm doing any better) so it's hard to read off of at the moment. I agree with Adumb's thoughts on Gordito.
Lil Jon - General difficulty reading this hydra current. Don't exactly know what "Just getting townie points." is supposed to imply (regarding FrozenFlame).
BeatStick - You've got good content, I'm just second guessing since this happens nearly every game with multiple null reads. Willing to place you as town for the most part.
Purple - At least Roxy is more active than previous games. Not 100% where Roxy's trying to go right now.
Joey~Dooms - Labeled as town before, but later play was confusing for me to read. I asked some questions which when answered should help this read get back on track.
J - Most of J's posts are okay, but I'm still "WTF" at "walls are scum tells" which is utter bull****. Maybe that was just a joke? But didn't seem like a joke in context.

I'll need to do a lot of reading sometime soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No expanding on it for the other players? Nothing?

And then you followup with this. I couldn’t quite see you as sidelining /fake contributing before, but you can do better than this.
I'll explain.

AM is turbo posting and really I can't respond to much when he is, so I don't bother putting anything of value in between when he does. And it annoys me to no end when he does, if he wants to respond to people why does he just do little posts like that and not quote everything.

Unless he thinks Vult is so much bothersome about walls.

RR, do you have a reason for wanting AM's reads on those three specific players? What does him not giving a concrete answer say about his alignment?
Joey is considered a scum pick for other people, want to see where he stands on him. Lil John seems to follow AM like he says so I want to see what AM says about him, He called Roxy dumb which he said to me and Vult as scum, I want to see if he thinks this with Roxy.

Him not giving answers, feels like a scum tell. Why would be not answer a question about reads?

Is Joey which one of the follow? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Is Lil John which one of the follow? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Is Roxy which one of the follow? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Stop trolling.

Which one of the following is Joey? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Which one of the following is Lil John? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Which one of the following is Roxy? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.

Beat!

Smash Master
Thank you, Tery.

RR, isn't there any possibility at all of townAM benefiting from not answering?

And #547 was so predictable.

Stop trolling.

Which one of the following is Joey? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Which one of the following is Lil John? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
Which one of the following is Roxy? Town, scum, null, indy, neutral, or third party.
No.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You don't think his chainsaw defense claim on me makes you think that? He said if I flip scum so is Joey and he has been somewhat avoiding questions at Joey. What do you think of this?
That's not a chainsaw defense... at all.

Why is him saying if you're scum then so is joey scummy at all?

Can you tell me which reads in particular you care the most about? Otherwise I see no reason to go into full detail unless I deem necessary. I know my reads and that is that.
All of them, except Joey and gordito, you've explained them to my satisfaction. Rather then just pushing empty reads I'd like some explanation of why.

@adumb - in response to AM's 381.

Adumb - could you show how Gord looks dumbtown to you, like a post number would be nice.
As I stated before, 181.

Vult is town, I like the stance and bring up of how much of a player Ryker can be along with his effort to prove why his claim was BS, granted I sided with letting him go for now since I'm willing to see where his claim goes at this point.

Adumb is leaning scum, his original stances seemed kinda weak and forced. Added to that, I'm not compelled by his reasons for thinking Gord is town, which seems pretty odd since I normally like how Adumb posts and his reasons, this is a first I have found it to be off.

Lil Jon is null, his earlier play as a hydra was kind of off putting a bit but the posts of Seikend are much better and have been improving, but I want to see more before I could say one or the other. I want to see him follow up more on his questions honestly.
You're being incredibly mechanical in your scumhunting, the differences between a weak town player and a weak scum player are very different then the differences between a strong scum player and a strong town player. Look at swordsrbroken in bioware mafia, the thousand times Ran got mislynched, and many other players. I can say with near absolute certainty that the dumb things he said so far are within the sphere of gordito's general weak play.

That said, he makes some very good points on you, how you only took an active role and started producing content cause you were attacked. And where's the follow-up for that suspicion on AM, not a popular enough target? Yet you're willing to attack me who has considerably more support.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@AM

@Adum: Did you read my reason for not being on AM? My #399?

As for the Gord reasoning, why is he not looking at Joey then if he considers him a scum pick if I flip scum? He's not answering why he would do this and playing it off with blanket statements like his #454

I was the one of the, if not the first, to list you as a scum pick. So don't play the popularity blending scum card on this one.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I really don't get why he won't. Then again if this is the Ryker part of the Hydra, which based on the posts I can tell it is, maybe WL will comeback and answer it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@AM

@Adum: Did you read my reason for not being on AM? My #399?

As for the Gord reasoning, why is he not looking at Joey then if he considers him a scum pick if I flip scum? He's not answering why he would do this and playing it off with blanket statements like his #454

I was the one of the, if not the first, to list you as a scum pick. So don't play the popularity blending scum card on this one.
You're right I didn't remember that post, my error. Regardless the fact is that you abandoned attacking AM while giving little justification. You weren't on to me until after J chose to, and your justification is based on a post that earlier you explicitly said was a misread implying you believed or knew I was town.

Why the sudden change? What you've done so far strongly suggests that you're scum trying to push a case on the guy attacking you while trying to avoid making it look like OMGUS, but you didn't wanna push it until after you realized it was viable.

Yea, I think your scummy case more then justifies your lynch.

Lil Jon

Seikend|Soupamario
the response (or attack) on gord for his #160 doesn't bother me as a i thought it would, but it doesn't really concern much, J calls gord out on 'selective memory' and while that maybe true the FoS on Red Ryu is..odd.

that's all i've got on that, odd, if you will, i think gord thought he did catch a slip, he voted someone in obviously RVS, but according to ryker and simply following ryker, Not RVS, if you get what i mean.

it's very odd.

Regarding Red Ruy, he's most likely scum, so i agree with seikend on that, he's trying too hard to look town while when he is town he doesn't care how he looks or appeals to people.

Joey was looking pretty town early play, but i'm not sure about late play.

Vult is town too. #177 makes me want to just hug him or something.

Sword can go null now, i'll lean town with him though.

Joey said:
I think I decided where my vote really belongs

Vote: Lil Jon

He keeps on going on and on about how people believing Ryker do it because they're scum, yet he believes ryker too, and even says that he's going to buddy him till Lylo. After that he gives REALLY weak attacks against the people voting Vult because they believe Ryker, which he does too! Then he clears swords after he defends his vote, and when asked why he's not voting any of the people that he thinks are scummy, he responds with a quote saying "I didn't vote you. I'm obviously scum." This quote doesn't explain at all as to why he doesn't vote Beat or Sword when his vote isn't anywhere at the time. He then explains what the quote means, which STILL isn't a good reason not to vote them at all, especially when you CLEAR one of them. Add this to generally scummy posts and aggravating play styles, and you got yourself a vote~!

I believe ryker is town, but i could give two ****s about the claim.

you couldn't obviously see the blatant sarcasm here?

i attacked beat and swords simply because their vote on vult was stupid, just because someone doesn't believe everything thrown at them (including that this is ryker/wl) doesn't make them scum, which obviously both considered him to be so just because of that.

did i clear swords? where did i ever say that? i said i liked his response, and i understand what he was getting at, but liking someone and someone being scum is a huge difference.

good god that defending from joey in later posts for RR bother me and i'll coin something and say RR/Joey (or atleast one of them) is scum.

Red Ryu said:
@Mod: Request mod punishment on Aggressive Mediation for breaking fundamental rule #1, threatening to stab someone and the constant slue of insults are something I would infract as an Smod on these forums
unvote vote: Red Ryu

also FF is town with his introductry post, this bro gets it

everyone else null and i still need to read on, but these are my main thoughts as of now.

-Soup

Lil Jon

Seikend|Soupamario
No bro i voted you for other reasons and trying to get someone modkilled over a silly offense such as 'threatining to stab someone' and whatnot.

Top Bottom