• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament Mafia! Game Over, Town Wins!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@Lil Jon: Can you please go into details about your reads on the following people:

AM
Vult
Beat
SwordsDancer

It would really be appreciated! Thank you! ^_^

:172:

Purple

Hi guys!

Our first agenda is to lynch Gordito. If that falls through, we will be lynching Joey. Sound good?
x

Can you two give me your opinions on Vult/Adumb/Lil Jon?
I haven't read much from soup, which is relatively important to me. I'm kind of curious about how his scum connections make sense to him.

lil jon (seik) - After Gord explained his POV on rr + joey are you changing to that point of view?

I'm liking a lot of what Vult has to offer right now, he's agreeing with me on a lot of points so I'm cool with that guy.

Adumb I haven't seen much content from, we have different views on Gord, which now that I check it (from this page) i'd like some explanation frmo.

Adumb - could you show how Gord looks dumbtown to you, like a post number would be nice.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I don't like that bull**** hdra dialogue between those two, I have to agree with you on that. Makes it feel more like a gabit trying hard to be realistic. I mean jeez, hydras can talk to one another through other forms of communication. At most I see someone say "dude, i need to talk to you on aim". Not this silliness, I can see where you're coming from Vult honestly. This makes me believe his claim less, but it doesn't stop me from treading aroudnt eh claim as dangerously as possiuble. If we were to try to lynch him there'd be no counter argument considering he's already claimed and we've already discussed said claim. And if he was telling the truth (which is always a possibility, even with Ryker being a gambit-heavy player), we just mislynched, AND took two kill to the butt,a very heavy deficit for town I'm not willing to take, especially this early and with no strong information.
You're on the right track.

Firstly, If a Town Princess really is in the game AND her effect takes place if killed during Night or Day, then the Mod placed her with the mindset that the Town needs to be nerfed. If he were to flip Town, then our Town must be strong, and there's no way we're down-and-out.
Stop looking at things from a "what-if-consequences" side.

The above doesn't matter. They might flip Princess, but they certainly won't flip Town. Here's why:

You see that they are deliberately talking to each other in-thread about their "role situation". Why? Because they want to convince people that they are a Town Princess. Sure, obviously, but they'd do that as Town or Scum. Why go to this underhanded length? Because they don't expect people to believe them through "normal" means.

If they think they have to resort to "drastic" things like talking to each other in-thread to convince people that they are Town, then why did they attack me for speculating their claim, hm? They accused me of spreading fear, suspicion, and doubt about their claim -- and used THAT as a reason to vote me.

They are employing both of these mentalities at the same time:
1. "We have to go to great lengths to prove we are Town because we expect people to be skeptical."
2. "People who are skeptical must be scum!"

Tell me what Town-aligned person thinks that. Purple? Swords? Joey?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vult is town, I like the stance and bring up of how much of a player Ryker can be along with his effort to prove why his claim was BS, granted I sided with letting him go for now since I'm willing to see where his claim goes at this point.

Adumb is leaning scum, his original stances seemed kinda weak and forced. Added to that, I'm not compelled by his reasons for thinking Gord is town, which seems pretty odd since I normally like how Adumb posts and his reasons, this is a first I have found it to be off.

Lil Jon is null, his earlier play as a hydra was kind of off putting a bit but the posts of Seikend are much better and have been improving, but I want to see more before I could say one or the other. I want to see him follow up more on his questions honestly.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Roxy, I'm gonna take that as a yes.

You two, VR = null, LJ = null, A = scummy.

Vult, you keep saying "Look at what I'm bringing up against AM." and it really isn't going anywhere. Answer my question I asked you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am not gonna defend AM just because I disagree with you. Instead, I am gonna focus on who I actually do find scummy. I see nothing to gain from lynching AM but instead I feel as if there is something to lose which is lose one of my town reads.

Once again, I'll ask you nicely, who are your other scum-picks?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I am not gonna defend AM just because I disagree with you.
Have you read and understood my case? I want to see that you have.

I would be fine with talking about my other scum picks after I feel that I'm not being ignored.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
See, I am going to second guess it a bit because I could see someone doing something like this if he considered FF and Adumb were in this game, which to some people docing them if they have a town read on them might be more important if no one knew AM was a princess.

I haven't taken him off my scum list atm, but he isn't my first pick anymore because I could see him taking the player roaster into consideration.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Have you read and understood my case? I want to see that you have.

I would be fine with talking about my other scum picks after I feel that I'm not being ignored.
I have read and understood the premise of your case. Though I find nothing to comment on and nothing really that special about it besides the blantant "Look! LOOOOOOK! AM!" and I am not really getting much of anything from it. Your "case" as you call it is weak and I don't find it rather important personally.

Now, scum-picks. Thanks.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sword and Red Ruy, explain the premise for the Gorf wagon.
He is being extreme vague on his points before, then when he does he changes the reasoning on players such as myself. He says one player would be scum if I flip scum but seems to refuse to make any effort to look into that player so he can figure out how valid his claim in that regard of a situation lynch.

I'm actually pretty fine with my vote on Gordito even after reading.

FF/RR/AM = town to me atm. Out of them FF's opinion is the opinion I am gonna be taking into the most.

I like Swords as well. Joey I don't like and am uncomfortable on.

Tery's 357 puts him as null while Adumb's 348 doesn't sit well with me.

Consider the rest idk/idc about atm.
Catching up. Finally found something to comment on.

You'll have to fight me on a Gord vote. You don't explain it here and Gord is town, not scum.

This is not my J.

See AM pulling this, "not my problem when it's the other part of the hydra" just more and more makes me hate the concept of hydras. Added to the fact apparently they can post QT's like they did in Bingo. I'm not buying that as an excuse, your both responsible for what either side posts, so don;t try pulling that card on me. I don't care if Ryker wants to ignore me while you want to address me as a scum pick, while you are a hydra I consider anything either of you say on a hydra coming from both of you.

~Ryker

Gordito - Scum, His posts are not making me enjoy it much, looking at his first comments at me he kept changing face of what made me scum, then later keeps little blanket and weak statement. He hasn't commented nearly as much as I would hope considering what has gone down toDay.
I don't think he knows the definition of the word "quotes."

@Lil Jon: My reasoning for not liking Joey is that what he is doing seems a bit fake. Also I get the feeling he is hiding behind bigger voices almost and joining in with whatever everyone else does.

@Joey: Can I say your, what seems to be, new found suspicion of Lil Jon and saying that he's the lynch looks mighty OMGUSy.
You're dumb. He always looks fake. Look at RE4. He looked HELLA fake.

I also retract what I said in 353 because I confused myself -- my original position does stem from AM's meta almost completely, but my current position and subsequent vote are from his play solely.
Elaborate then. You should have no issue doing so. What you said before is that you think we would respond differently as scum than as gambling (not gambiting, it isn't a word) town. I'm taking for granted your stance that we're lying.

Guess what, that's still meta. That's I think he would play it this way because he is like this. That is not, he did this which is scummy.

Go die in a fire.

Good.

Our first agenda is to lynch Gordito. If that falls through, we will be lynching Joey. Sound good?

Can you two give me your opinions on Vult/Adumb/Lil Jon?
Neither of those lynches is good. You are not my J. It is decided.

The above doesn't matter. They might flip Princess, but they certainly won't flip Town. Here's why:

You see that they are deliberately talking to each other in-thread about their "role situation". Why? Because they want to convince people that they are a Town Princess. Sure, obviously, but they'd do that as Town or Scum. Why go to this underhanded length? Because they don't expect people to believe them through "normal" means.

If they think they have to resort to "drastic" things like talking to each other in-thread to convince people that they are Town, then why did they attack me for speculating their claim, hm? They accused me of spreading fear, suspicion, and doubt about their claim -- and used THAT as a reason to vote me.

1. "We have to go to great lengths to prove we are Town because we expect people to be skeptical."
Are you dumb? No, you aren't, let's move on.

The first paragraph is completely and totally bull****.

1.) We ARE a town princess and you have to deal with that.
2.) Why would going to an extra length if we were be a scum tell. If I am gambling town and don't expect anyone to believe me, why would I not go the extra mile?

To the second paragraph, I obviously wanted something to start the phase. Not my fault that it hit home and you're scum.

Well, I don't really have anything to add after all seeing as it was posted there.

Because I'm an *******. I mean, it's not like someone has said they're not going to read anything that goes larger than one screen.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You're dumb. He always looks fake. Look at RE4. He looked HELLA fake.
Meta is irrelevant when it comes to Joey. Idc what he looked like in RE4, what he looks like here is important.

Neither of those lynches is good. You are not my J. It is decided.
I'm not asking your permission on those lynches. I don't need it. Question, because I apparantly am not your J, are you calling me scum? Also, if you do not like those lynches then tell me whose lynches you do think are good and who you are gonna be pushing. You keep having this incessant battle with Vult that doesn't seem to derive from much but you two apparantly having meta on each other and something that revolves around your claim.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
1. Gordito - Scum
2. Adumbrodeus - Scum

3. Lil Jon (Soupamario + Seikend) - Null
4. BeatStick - Null/leaning Scum
5. Vult Redux - Null/leaning Town
6. frozenflame751 - Towny
7. Sworddancer - Towny

8. Terywj - Null
9. Roxy - Town Bro
10. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker + Washed Laundry) - Null/leaning Town
11. Joey - Scum
12. Red Ryu - Town Bro
13. J - Town Bro

Red/Orange can die.

Personally, I want Gord. Upon a GordScum flip we have a scumJoey or a scumAdumb. A scumAdumb flip gives us a scumGord but little to work with regards to Joey. scumJoey lynch will add to scumGord.

Gord is the better candidate out of the red for me personally.

Meta is irrelevant when it comes to Joey. Idc what he looked like in RE4, what he looks like here is important.
Meta is irrelevant. You have nothing where he is real to compare it to. It's ****ing ********. Why are you pushing that he "looks fake."

J said:
I'm not asking your permission on those lynches. I don't need it. Question, because I apparantly am not your J, are you calling me scum? Also, if you do not like those lynches then tell me whose lynches you do think are good and who you are gonna be pushing. You keep having this incessant battle with Vult that doesn't seem to derive from much but you two apparantly having meta on each other and something that revolves around your claim.
Well, you really need something. You're not going to be able to push those mislynches. Move on.

Yes, I am calling you scummy. You're not branching out. You're pretty zeroed in on two really bad cases.

Good lynches are Vult and Red Ruy. Vote one or the other. Also, who the **** do you think I'm going to be pushing?

Now you're trying to devalue my argument by putting forth something that isn't true. Vult is scum because his argument doesn't make sense even taking in his PoV with not believing us and because it's based one hundred percent in meta.

The two cases are in direct opposition and both need to be addressed, not lumped together. They are based in different things.

Your turn. Why is Gordito scum? Why are you not voting Vult or Red Ruy?

I like the fact that you ninja'd me with a scum list. I like the fact that Adum is scum. I want you to ****ing die in a whole for putting Roxy and Red Ruy on your highest town reads and Joey and Gord on your scum reads.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount 5 [7/13] - Deadline is 23/05/11

Gordito [4] - Sword, Beat, Red Ryu, J
Adumbrodeus [0]
Lil Jon [2] - MOD, Joey
BeatStick [0]
Vult Redux [1] - AM
frozenflame751 [0]
Sworddancer [0]
Terywj [0]
Roxy [0]