• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

SOJR_187

Smash Rookie
Hey Smashers, this is a new account i made, i had one arround 5 years ago, but i forgot the password to it, and then my email for my account was hacked and i have no clue how to get it back. SOOOOOOo. i Live in Austin now, and i havent been on this forum in 5 years, so i have no clue how to find a good challenging apponent or two to come and polish me up on my melee skills, havent played in over 2 years, but im not a noob. i have good tech skill, and vast knowlegde of the game and all it offers. i want somebody to play casually with, and i would rather play with a good smasher, not a noob. nothing againsst noobs, but i need to get good practice, therefore i need a good player, I could sit here and decimate my girlfriends kirby all day but it wont help... If this is in the wrong thread please let me know where i can post up for challengers because im serious about getting back into melee. thanks alot peeps.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Hey Smashers, this is a new account i made, i had one arround 5 years ago, but i forgot the password to it, and then my email for my account was hacked and i have no clue how to get it back. SOOOOOOo. i Live in Austin now, and i havent been on this forum in 5 years, so i have no clue how to find a good challenging apponent or two to come and polish me up on my melee skills, havent played in over 2 years, but im not a noob. i have good tech skill, and vast knowlegde of the game and all it offers. i want somebody to play casually with, and i would rather play with a good smasher, not a noob. nothing againsst noobs, but i need to get good practice, therefore i need a good player, I could sit here and decimate my girlfriends kirby all day but it wont help... If this is in the wrong thread please let me know where i can post up for challengers because im serious about getting back into melee. thanks alot peeps.
i live in houston, but there is pretty decent scene in austin (mostly people attending UT). im pretty sure there is a facebook group called austin melee scene; however, i know there is a group called texas melee scene, so just join one of those groups and youll find a lot of good people to play

:phone:

SOJR_187

Smash Rookie
i live in houston, but there is pretty decent scene in austin (mostly people attending UT). im pretty sure there is a facebook group called austin melee scene; however, i know there is a group called texas melee scene, so just join one of those groups and youll find a lot of good people to play

well thanks for the advice dude, but i tried both of those groups and niether one of them turned up any results. :C

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Try the regional boards as well and look for any upcoming tourneys/smash fests or something. Like the abov eposter said, Austin/Houston has quite a few people afaik so that should turn up results/get you in the facebook group if you can't find it.

SOJR_187

Smash Rookie
Try the regional boards as well and look for any upcoming tourneys/smash fests or something. Like the abov eposter said, Austin/Houston has quite a few people afaik so that should turn up results/get you in the facebook group if you can't find it.
if you wouldnt mind, could you send me a link, or post it for me. I'm sorry im just really new, and i havent figured out how to navigate the site too much :C sorry to be so noobish.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Just thinking about smash 3DS...It could be could be pretty good. I was thinknig about Smash 64 and I feel like a smaller roster could be more balanced and it would have online and people can actually bring their own 'set ups' with them since it's just a DS. Imagine being at a smash fests with two people on a tv and a bunch of others just chilling with their DS'. It could also have stuff that would have been good for melee, like better AI, or going in to training mode and having a falco CPU focus on lasers or grabs to practice getting around it. Also recording video for those combos you didn't know you could do.

cons-
sakurai no care
probably will be slow and bloated with useless stuff(like Mii character creation which will probably be broken)
controls

Cometkaze

Smash Rookie
I would play smash on a 3ds, probably not the console version though.

Imo handheld games should not primarily focus on competition, unless it's pokemon. So even if it comes out and is 10x worse than Melee, I won't have anything to be mad about, I would play it casually.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
what if melee could run on the 3ds through its online system

hmm

Bing

Smash Master
On another note, I was playing FFX last night... and I was getting frustrated at a boss, so I put the game down for a fews day, and when I picked it up again last night, I ***** his ****. And now Im wondering how the hell did I find this difficult?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
On another note, I was playing FFX last night... and I was getting frustrated at a boss, so I put the game down for a fews day, and when I picked it up again last night, I ***** his ****. And now Im wondering how the hell did I find this difficult?
This one is easy, you used moar Quick Hit.

Jolteon

Nah, Cast Bio with Lulu, switch for Yuna, cast Protect and Haste on everyone. ArmourBreak with Auron. Regular attack from there on out with Yuna healing(Or Substitute for Rikku and Al bhed potion it up)
Oh, it sounds like you don't have quick hit yet.

Just wait for it. ;)

Jolteon

Hastega is hot, but so is auto-haste and attacking a million times in a row.

Mahone

Smash Champion
[12:18:30 AM] Mahone: oh wtf
[12:18:33 AM] Mahone: skype lagged
[12:18:38 AM] Mahone: so i gto a smash joke
[12:18:43 AM] Mahone: but im too lazy
[12:18:45 AM] Mahone: to perfect it
[12:18:54 AM] Mahone: and i'm gonna forget it by tomorrow
[12:19:05 AM] FoxLisk: okay mahone try it out on us
[12:19:08 AM] FoxLisk: we'll help you perfect it
[12:19:35 AM] Mahone: so like
[12:19:42 AM] Mahone: lets say mango gets a rest on armada's roll
[12:19:49 AM] FoxLisk: lol like that would ever happen
[12:20:02 AM] Mahone: id say "mango needs to clean his clarinet
[12:20:07 AM] Mahone: cuz that was a disgusting read"

i dunno where else to put this, but here u go... u guys can make this joke better and then use it...

or think its awful and not use it. whatever u want

Mahone

Smash Champion
[1:52:48 AM] Mahone: aiight
[1:52:50 AM] Mahone: so like
[1:52:54 AM] Mahone: they charge an fsmash one way
[1:52:56 AM] FoxLisk: huh maybe so
[1:52:58 AM] Mahone: predicting a roll
[1:53:01 AM] Mahone: and they were wrong and get ***** for it
[1:53:03 AM] Mahone: and u say
[1:53:09 AM] Mahone: "ugghhh that was twilight"
[1:53:14 AM] Mahone: and they say "what?"
[1:53:18 AM] Mahone: and u say "terrible read"
[1:53:48 AM] Mahone: i remember once in maryland thumbs like upsmashed redd or some ****
[1:53:51 AM] Mahone: and someone said
[1:53:57 AM] FoxLisk: aahahha
[1:53:58 AM] Mahone: "id publish that, it was a great read"
[1:54:09 AM] Mahone: the way he said it was so funny too

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Someone make a "Fund Mango to whatever tournament is happening in Sweden" thread. Mango wanted some fanboys, here's some fanboys.

I don't know him, nor do I have a PayPal, so I can't set this **** up, but if someone would, that would be ****.

JRI3102

Smash Apprentice
Where can I find Melee Players in the Houston Area? I play semi-competitive nothing major, a few Texas Tournys. I would like 2v2's
also any one interested in playing Project M also. I have 3 systems, 3 copies of melee and 12+ Wavebirds/sticks and 2 copies of Brawl

Thanks.

Top Bottom