• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I hated music till I listened to it I listened to so much pink floyd I know it f***ed up my head even if it helped open up my mind in 3rd grade. the moive scared me till only resently I was unable to watch it. Funny thing is i've never listened to it in order. When I got animals I listened to it 6 times over again non stop.

DSoM is the greatest album ever us and them is my favorite and time makes me smile because I can choose to use my time and i'm now that much wiser.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The start of time is SO intense.

The ultimate stare down music.

It has a beautiful solo in it too.

ICG I think the movie scares most people man xD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0v9FNz21Oc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0v9FNz21Oc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lets all be sad how retardedly good this guy's mango's falco is >_>

iirc the rule was the fox can't laser and he had to not get jv5ed lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think they're why I don't care for music to be loud and why i like to make reffers to songs. when the tigers break free if time see you on the dark side of the moon behide the wall.

syd barret rides his bike even if it's no good trying and she likes a big band more.

also that fox was mad predictable and should've lasered.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Even if your opponent is predictable its hard to not get hit at all >_<.

Although I guess your opponent having WC DI helps rofl.

Also the rule was he couldn't laser or something

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its okay, better than EC not having a good method of transportation to tournaments.

We get a lot of low turnouts cuz of this =/

EC needs more drivers rofl

Kanelol

Smash Lord
midwest *****

when it comes to people traveling

*****s go from chicago to muh****in columbus just fo one **** smashfest

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
But then we have 3 tournaments on the same day so all turnouts are low!

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I feel silly asking this, but I'd like some confirmation that I'm either doing it wrong or that it's not possible.

Is it possible to waveland across a platform, DI to complete left or right, while traveling upwards from a jump (not a double jump)?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no u have to press down while you're moving up. you can do a "perfect" waveland with true left/right but only while falling

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
no u have to press down while you're moving up. you can do a "perfect" waveland with true left/right but only while falling
Alright, I'm both sad and glad. At least I'm not super terrible, because I was trying to do it for an hour and never did it once. Now I know you can't :laugh:.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
so me and a few buddies got blazed last night. and for the very first time, i got to play Captain Falcon against a space animal. and i discovered that tech chasing is the most satisfying thing i've ever experienced

KANE'S GOOD SONG OF THE DAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrhckCoXvU

P.S. Anyone know how to do the nifty in text URL link? I'm bad at vbulletin

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Easiest way is when you use the url button thing, and you type they link in or w/e, something will be highlighted once you click okay.

That highlighted part is what you're supposed to change in order for it to show up as w/e you want.

Click quote for this and look at the following example thingy for an idea.

*insert text here*

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its probably Junglefever or Victra. Well... I haven't thought of a good title to change it to yet lol

Also Vectorman you should totally teach me Yoshi. I'm thinking about a low tier to mess with and stuff.. and yea... plz?

Joey says I'm cool if it means anything.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Its probably Junglefever or Victra. Well... I haven't thought of a good title to change it to yet lol

Also Vectorman you should totally teach me Yoshi. I'm thinking about a low tier to mess with and stuff.. and yea... plz?

Joey says I'm cool if it means anything.
oh, yay, Yeah i'd love to teach you Yoshi!. ^^ woooot.. one condition.. umm.. I wanna be in the new thread name.. LOL.. Vman teaches Tec0 Yoshi (Melee social thread) or something catchy like that.. lol.. (if you don't mind)

either way.. I'd be awesome to teach you Yoshi... I'd be honored ^^

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
When I have free time and not procrastinating, I'm totally hitting up your Yoshi thread/VM wall.

Best expect <3333333

Oh and you're awesome thanks :)

Actually if you don't mind can you gimme a list of things to practice? Like techniques and stuff. I guess I should start getting used to his movements anyway.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
OMFG... Teczero.. please have my babies.. <3 lol I freaking love you!, <333... and btw... I think I decided.... I think I am.. gonna do that Yoshi project,.. I'll try to be done by the next month or so.. <3

You're wayyy too awesome!

<3 Teczero <3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
OMFG... Teczero.. please have my babies.. <3 lol I freaking love you!, <333... and btw... I think I decided.... I think I am.. gonna do that Yoshi project,.. I'll try to be done by the next month or so.. <3

You're wayyy too awesome!

<3 Teczero <3
Yesssssss

I've been waiting for this xDDDDDDD

Do want, dude. Do want =D

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
When I have free time and not procrastinating, I'm totally hitting up your Yoshi thread/VM wall.

Best expect <3333333

Oh and you're awesome thanks :)

Actually if you don't mind can you gimme a list of things to practice? Like techniques and stuff. I guess I should start getting used to his movements anyway.

Well, you definetely, wanna at least get a very, very solid feel for him... He's COMPLETELY unorthodox, his movement(s) are so unique to the rest of the cast, and of course.. you'll need to get "used" to "receiving damage to give damage" or DJCC (double jump cancel counter).. I recommend try getting use to the timing(s) of all his moves, to see what kind of "style" of Yoshi you'd like to play... The tricky, patient yoshi's such as Nogzor's, Svampen, leffen, yoshiiscool, many others are simple examples.. or the flashy, overtechnical, aggressive Yoshi, like myself, fumi, and i'm sure there are others ... =p

or of course making a mix of the two.. ^^ just do simple things such as these... ^^ biggest, and most notable thing you should practice...is Yoshi's shield... get used to it's properties, and how it works... :) since his shield is very, VERY different from the cast.. both good, and bad best part = no shield stab, hard to tell difference between, light shield/normal shield.. worst part = obviously no Jump oos (bar parrying)

Top Bottom